Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4466563 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jamace(m): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
Nakedman:

It means everything don pafuka ���
grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2020
Dear Valued Client,

We’re excited to announce that we have launched a new and improved Investment Portal to help you manage your investment portfolio.

In the past months, we have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to improve our services and we believe our new investment portal, EasyInvest; will help improve your experience managing your investments with us.

What's new?

• A new and improved look
• Easy Login with either Email or Customer Number
• All your investments at a glance
• Direct Subscription to funds and more!

Log on to https://easyinvest.investment-one.comto check out the new look.

We look forward to serving you better.

Best Regards

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2020
GiveInvestGift:
LOAN (NON - INTEREST) : If u need loan of any amount, contact me( loan for house, Car, business, import and export or services)
- weGIVE

INVEST : If u want to invest your money with us and be paid a monthly return and collect ur complete money whenever you need it, contact me.
- weINVEST

- REFERRALS: If u refer us for business (loan or Investment), we reward you handsomely.
-weGIFT

Email: giveinvestgift@gmail.com
Or phone number 09027700821 (call or whatsapp)

- COURTESY : TAJBANK

grin Bunch of jokers

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2020
emmaversity:

Ok.

Since you invested have they(Pipminds) been faithful to the monthly payment of ROI without Any excuse?

First month was paid on time and I did a top up, second month should be today am still expecting payment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GiveInvestGift: 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2020
freeman67:

grin Bunch of jokers
Our head office is located at Plot 72,Ahmadu Bello Way, CBD ABUJA.
TAJBANK.

Please visit before you condemn.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 3:16am On Nov 04, 2020
GiveInvestGift:

Our head office is located at Plot 72,Ahmadu Bello Way, CBD ABUJA.
TAJBANK.

Please visit before you condemn.

Sorry, I am not condemning you ooo. I know Taj exist and I even have an account there. The only thing Taj tried to do better is instant opening of account and that is all about it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
IS THERE ANY ONE HERE who in recent past subscibed to tbills @ this rediculous rate..............

please share your reasons fo4 subscibing
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GiveInvestGift: 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2020
freeman67:

Sorry, I am not condemning you ooo. I know Taj exist and I even have an account there. The only thing Taj tried to do better is instant opening of account and that is all about it.
Okay
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2020
maishai:
IS THERE ANY ONE HERE who in recent past subscibed to tbills @ this rediculous rate..............

please share your reasons fo4 subscibing

At the moment this could be reasons why we still have subscribers:

1. An institutional investor that is by policy forced to do so.
2. Having safety of funds as topmost priority
3. A very risk averse investor ie the risk tolerance is very low
4. Very large amount is involved that even less than 1% is huge provided the capital is safe
5. Ignorance ie not aware of any other profitable and safe investment window.
There could be more reasons depending on the investor involved.

As always VGIF at 7.5% remains a very good alternative to Tbills at the moment.
check my signature for contact to get more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2020
Fed Govt offers three-year bond at 2.76% per annum as November bond closes Friday
Africa Housing Reporter by Africa Housing Reporter November 4, 2020

The Federal Government of Nigeria is offering a coupon of 2.759 per cent as annual return to investors for a three-year bond and 1.759 per cent for a two-year bond under government’s monthly savings bond issuance programme.

The coupons showed considerable decline in returns on fixed-income securities as government and corporate takes advantage of liquidity in the system to restructure into low-cost debts.

Application list for the November 2020, 41st tranche of the Federal Government of Nigeria Savings Bond (FGNSB), opened on Monday November 2, 2020 and will close on Friday, November 6, 2020. Settlement date is Wednesday, November 11, 2020.

The Debt Management Office (DMO), which oversees Nigerian sovereign debt issuances, is offering its traditional two-year and three-year bonds. The two-year FGNSB due on November 11, 2022 is offering a coupon of 1.759 per cent per annum, lower than 2.453 per cent per annum of the same bond issued in October 2020.

The three-year FGNSB due November 11, 2023 is offering a coupon of 2.759 per cent, as against 3.453 per cent per annum offered by same bond issued in October 2020.

Minimum subscription to the bonds, offered at N1,000 per unit, was N5,000 or five units and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50 million.

The coupon payment dates for the bonds, which pay interest rate quarterly, are February 11, May 11, August 11 and November 11 respectively.

The FGNSB was introduced in 2017 as a mass instrument for nationwide mobilisation of savings and investments. Minimum subscription to the FGNSB is usually N5,000 while the bond pays coupon or interest rate on a quarterly basis.

GTI Securities Limited, one of the authorised distribution agents for the FGNSB, noted that the savings bonds would help to deepen national savings culture while providing opportunity to all Nigerians irrespective of income level to contribute to and benefit from national development.

According to the stockbroking firm, FGNSB enables all Nigerians opportunity to participate in and benefit from the favourable returns available in the capital market.

GTI Securities noted that the savings bonds are acceptable as collateral for loans by banks and can be sold for cash in the secondary market before maturity.

“The bond will be listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange for trading and provides liquidity for investors who want to exit before maturity,” GTI Securities stated.

It noted that the savings bonds are good for savings towards retirement, marriage, school fees and house projects among other targets while assuring on its safety as the bonds are backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2020
Good morning everyone, I would like to ask if buying these properties located at Ikota Lekki is a good investment, I was told the annual rent on a 4 bedroom duplex in this location is between N3 to N3.5 million a year. My questions are;
1. Is the rental income in these areas up to that amount?
2. Are the payments of rents sustainable of the tenants for anyone who may know or own a property in this area?
3. What are the risks buying a property in this location.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2020
I doubt this.
Comeandcollect:
Good morning everyone, I would like to ask if buying these properties located at Ikota Lekki is a good investment, I was told the annual rent on a 4 bedroom duplex in this location is between N3 to N3.5 million a year. My questions are;

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Different strokes for different folks, some are only concerned about the stability of their dividends, they don't have time for what you typed up their and they are okay

@emmanuelewumi Oga Emma,

I agree with you but i want to share a story.

I am a dividend investor. I used to believe in buying a stock at a good price and leave it for dividends or using the dividend to pay my bills and not bothered about the price fluctuations until a few years ago something happened.

I bought Fidson at an average price of N1.50 it dropped to below N1 and later rose to above N7. That is about 366% returns in capital invested.

So assuming I used N1 million to buy Fidson at N1.50, that is approx 700,000 units of fidson.

At N7 the value of those units would be N4.9 million.

I did not still sell the Fidson and i watched it's price drop to about N3 or less.

Presently Fidson is at N3.40 so that will be N2,300,000, that means it has lost a value of N2.6 million

Fidson has been paying dividend of 15k consistently exceot for the year they paid 25k. I will use 25k for all those years and assuming it is the past 6 years. The dividend in one year is 25k X 700,000 = N175,000, in 6 years it is N1,050,000.

So for holding unto Fidson for all those years and adding the dividend total earned or total value is N3,350,000

That brings loss in value to N1,550,000.

If i used a figure more than the N1 million as capital invested the potential loss in capital or returns would have been much more.

This experience made me change strategy to take advantage of the up and downs of the market but stick strickly with dividend paying stocks.

Same thing happened with Zenith this January is peaked at N24 and dropped to N11 in March, one can say their capital has been preserved as at november this year but an opportunity was also lost in January.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 4:18am On Nov 06, 2020
Dum20:

@emmanuelewumi Oga Emma,

I am a dividend investor. I used to believe in buying a stock at a good price and leave it for dividends or using the dividend to pay my bills and not bothered about the price fluctuations until a few years ago something happened.

I bought Fidson at an average price of N1.50 it dropped to below N1 and later rose to above N7. That is about 366% returns in capital invested.

So assuming I used N1 million to buy Fidson at N1.50, that is approx 700,000 units of fidson.

I did not still sell the Fidson and i watched it's price drop to about N3 or less.

Presently Fidson is at N3.40 so that will be N2,300,000, that means it has lost a value of N2.6 million

Fidson has been paying dividend of 15k consistently exceot for the year they paid 25k. I will use 25k for all those years and assuming it is the past 6 years. The dividend in one year is 25k X 700,000 = N175,000, in 6 years it is N1,050,000.

So for holding unto Fidson for all those years and adding the dividend total earned or total value is N3,350,000

If i used a figure more than the N1 million as capital invested the potential loss in capital or returns would have been much more.

This experience made me change strategy to take advantage of the up and downs of the market but stick strickly with dividend paying stocks.

Same thing happened with Zenith this January is peaked at N24 and dropped to N11 in March, one can say their capital has been preserved as at november this year but an opportunity was also lost in January.

love this analysis.... give better understanding on how things work out there..... well done sir

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2020
Dum20:

@emmanuelewumi Oga Emma,

Mine was a shorter lenght experience...Same thing I observe ...Reason why I stick more to dividend stock and I couldn't buy ETI even when I saw the opportunity..
Dividend is my back up.. I am in for long term but once I see a significant price appreciation...I sell off and detach emotionally sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by edoman2016: 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2020
Comeandcollect:
2. Are the payments of rents sustainable of the tenants for anyone who may know or own a property in this area?

Thanks
how much is a plot of land in ikota lekki sold?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2020
edoman2016:
how much is a plot of land in ikota lekki sold?
18M
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
I think most of these houses in Lekki or highbrow areas in Lagos are overpriced. The same Lekki a closed friend abandoned his house about 2yrs ago due to excessive flooding.

Comeandcollect:

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ToluBolu01(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
When coming online, we do lot of things. In one word were having *FUN* but our *DATA!* is really eating our money up in our eyes�����
We are all rich but...Data is one of the areas our riches aren't showing�
Therefore.
I am pleased to *ANNOUNCE TO EVERYONE*

```THE NEW DATA HACK!```

_GET UNLIMITED DATA LIKE YOU OWNED THE DATA COMPANY!!!!_
https:///qr/YGWWEOWGHEPDK1
Click the link and message that person(FOR NIGERIANS ONLY)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
Donbrig:
I think most of these houses in Lekki or highbrow areas in Lagos are overpriced. The same Lekki a closed friend abandoned his house about 2yrs ago due to excessive flood.

If Global warming continues at the current rate,it is projected that sometime in this century,Central London will be underwater. London is many miles inland.
Yea,Lagos,LosAngeles have no chance. Steer clear
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2020
Dum20:

@emmanuelewumi Oga Emma,

I think a mix of both strategies is imperative
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 6:12am On Nov 07, 2020
Good morning everyone,
I would like to read from anyone who invested in the FGN N150 Billion SUKUK Bond that was later upgraded to N162 billion SUKUK Bond maturing June 2027 at 11.2 % .

I thought the first coupon payment was supposed to be in July 2020 as it is a half yearly coupon payments ?

Did anyone receive any coupon payment for this bond in July 2020 ? Or is it too early to expect coupon payment.
Secondly, when should a coupon payment be expected ?
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hoyo: 6:24am On Nov 07, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
Good morning everyone,
I would like to read from anyone who invested in the FGN N150 Billion SUKUK Bond that was later upgraded to N162 billion SUKUK Bond maturing June 2027 at 11.2 % .

I thought the first coupon payment was supposed to be in July 2020 as it is a half yearly coupon payments ?

Did anyone receive any coupon payment for this bond in July 2020 ? Or is it too early to expect coupon payment.
Thanks

First coupon for this should be in Dec 2020 and not July, sales was completed around July. The last will be in June 2027 making a total of 14 coupons

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:34am On Nov 07, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
Good morning everyone,

Thanks

First coupon is expected 16 December 2020.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 9:01am On Nov 07, 2020
All Sukuk bond investors will receive their coupon before the close of work on the 17th December 2020. We are hoping for a new Sukuk to emerge soon, but I doubt if they are gonna give up to 9% in the next Sukuk.

TotoNaRubber:
Good morning everyone,

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 07, 2020
missjekyll:

If Global warming continues at the current rate,it is projected that sometime in this century,Central London will be underwater. London is many miles inland.
Yea,Lagos,LosAngeles have no chance. Steer clear
Sorry but how is global warming and its effect on Central London related to excessive flooding that affects the houses in the Lekki axis? Just asking for a curious friend.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Sorry but how is global warming and its effect on Central London related to excessive flooding that affects the houses in the Lekki axis? Just asking for a curious friend.
Don't expect a rational answer,the lady you quoted has proven to be slow times without number.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

There have been reports of rising water levels all over the world caused by global warming.
Water level in Lagos is also rising. There are other contributory factors too like land filling.

Like she said, this article mentions Lagos is a sinking city.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/09/11-sinking-cities-that-could-soon-be-underwater/

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2020
Olaide1295:

There have been reports of rising water levels all over the world caused by global warming.
Water level in Lagos is also rising. There are other contributory factors too like land filling.

Like she said, this article mentions Lagos is a sinking city.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/09/11-sinking-cities-that-could-soon-be-underwater/
Flood from heavy rainfall is very different from rising water levels. People don’t run away from their houses in the Lekki axis because of rising water levels or climate change. They take off when heavy rains and almost zero drainage infrastructure lead to hell on earth for inhabitants of the houses in that area that see their expensive furniture floating on dirty rain water right in their living rooms.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 4:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

If London which is not on the coast is expecting flooding, is there any hope for Victoria Island and Lekki?

If you want seafront property,you may want to buy in Ikorodu instead.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
missjekyll:

If London which is not on the coast is expecting flooding, is there any hope for Victoria Island and Lekki?

If you want seafront property,you may want to buy in Ikorodu instead.
What you are saying is entirely unrelated to floods in Lekki that the guy was talking about. Flooding in that axis is caused by heavy rains and drainage issues. Not rising tides and climate change.

Since when did properties in Ikota become seafront properties? Do you know where Ikota is?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: awesomeJ(m), ololufemi and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.