Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,925 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465147 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uniquisite: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Buhari is Nigeria's best president,just that a lot of you are too blind,myopic,short-term oriented,entitled to see it.
Think longterm,think Buhari.
I don't hold any political office nor interest,neither am I fulani.
Just a business oriented person,so I am far from bias.

This is suppose to be joke i guess

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
Uniquisite:

This is suppose to be joke i guess
fortunately,no cool

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Do you know how many business plans and cash flow projections are dumped daily in the trash bins of bankers? You cannot get a loan from any bank in Nigeria for this type of business without a long term supply/transportation services agreement to supply products (or serious connections in that bank). It is that agreement (and connections) that separate the small boys from the big boys. God help you in getting the transportation services agreement without meeting the requirements which include owning your trucks and other infrastructure.

This is not even factoring in your own equity contribution (at least 20 to 30 percent of total costs) which the banks will require. Some will even ask you for additional collateral and personal guarantees from someone/company with billions. The trucks will be sold at liquidation value if they can not make money to service the loans. Who will now pay the difference? In this economy, you think the banks will gladly take that risk?

Please stop misleading people. It is not that easy to get a loan from a Nigerian bank. If it was, you would have quit your job to go into haulage business full time.

God bless you sir.

Now just see the brilliant way you quoted Ahib.

Let's keep this up.

Maybe the last part though could use some..

God bless you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Privatization of NITEL isn’t the reason we are not complaining of telecoms today. We are not complaining because licenses were offered to Econet and MTN who came in and changed the game along with Glo. Nothing to do with the privatization of NITEL which in itself was a failure and was only privatized long after the licenses were issued.

Like Issuing power licenses to multinationals like Siemens, and GE.

Let them come and set up shops, and build massive infrastructure.

GE will easily have a 5GW power plant running under 2 years.

The transmission and Distribution ends seem to have the larger challenges these days though.

Or perhaps there're other reasons why this won't be a practicable idea.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2020
Desanta:

The property was worth over a 100 million Naira and we got it at a discount because the original owner is late and his children who lived abroad where not ready to come settle in Nigeria.

The hospital is doing very well with rebranding and employment of young consultants as partners with shares iin the hospital.

Like, did you incorporate as a LLC?

Is there a plan to scale up, maybe have a chain? List on an exchange or float debt instruments at 11%?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
Cyberknight:

I have to agree with you here.
Nigerian banks are probably the most risk-averse entities on the planet and considering their operating environment one can't really blame them.
Everyone is now going full holding company-mode and expanding to other African countries while Emefiele continues to fool around with CRR debits in the vain hope of driving the "real" economy.

When you really study how they make money, if it was you, some risks won't be worth it too.

That minor N20 adjustment in the NAFEX rate from 366 to 386, Zenith bank made N22 billion in H1.

as low as T-bills are right now, they still get around 7% on OMO.

When you discount interests from T-bills and bonds, real interests income from core lending accounts for less than 40% of banks' gross earnings-at least for the FUGAZ

When you look at just retail lending, it's probably less than 10% of their overall earnings.

So they really are not too bothered. It's only the LDR and ultra lean money market rates that's making them bulge a little.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2020
awesomeJ:

God bless you sir.

Now just see the brilliant way you quoted Ahib.

Let's keep this up.

Maybe the last part though could use some..

God bless you.
brilliant ke? Abi bitter and jealous of wheel barrows ........do people wake up from sleep and just carry there balls to total plc and say they want contracts ?........u want to be a transporter without experience or capital .......any business has to have capital source ......borrow from family and friends,banks , asset disposal or equity funding......330 mentions no reply or respond......source of capital is taught in managerial economics ......Ahib visit olosho thread , Ahib is a rascist, Ahib is Mrs worker,Ahib is trablist ,Ahib is audio trillionare,Ahib is in Ireland, Ahib is driver ,......this hallucinations ,envy ....delusionalism...

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
brilliant ke? Abi bitter and jealous of wheel barrows ........do people wake up from sleep and just carry there balls to total plc and say they want contracts ?........u want to be a transporter without experience or capital .......any business has to have capital source ......borrow from family and friends,banks , asset disposal or equity funding......330 mentions no reply or respond......source of capital is taught in managerial economics ......

I think he's only trying to point out the fact that access to credit can be super tough in the country, and that's mostly true for unestablished enterprises.

He would normally attack your person rather than your message, but this last quote he made he made of you, he addressed just your idea, and that's what I did appreciate.

How did you get 330? you were counting? or you extrapolated?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2020
awesomeJ:

I think he's only trying to point out the fact that access to credit can be super tough in the country, and that's mostly true for unestablished enterprises.

He would normally attack your person rather than your message, but this last quote he made he made of you, he addressed just your idea, and that's what I did appreciate.

sleep and wake up Ahib it sweet sha giving person unpaid work .......credits is not for everybody.....companies that are qualified alway get.........grants are for start ups...loan are for already established enterprise........in 2006 oil and Gas friendly banks like ibplc and ocenic bank can give 1m litres wort of facility to a marketer.......Jaiz bank currently have some nice package .......it only a mad man that has not taught how to raise 12m to 20m with no asset ,no cash flow from other investemt that will want a bank to fiance him......

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
awesomeJ:

na so mental illness dey start oooh....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
sleep and wake up Ahib it sweet sha giving person unpaid work .......credits is not for everybody.....companies that are qualified alway get.........grants are for start ups...loan are for already established enterprise........in 2006 oil and Gas friendly banks like ibplc and ocenic bank can give 1m litres wort of facility to a marketer.......Jaiz bank currently have some nice package .......it only a mad man that has not taught how to raise 12m to 20m with no asset ,no cash flow from other investemt that will want a bank to fiance him......
Oga Haruna, you are contradicting yourself. At first, you asked a man to just go to a bank with his business plan and cash flow projections to collect loans. Now you are changing story to ‘credit is not for everybody’ and ‘only established enterprises can get loans’. Where exactly do you stand?

You mentioned going to oil and gas friendly banks like those that were giving free money to their friends in 2006. What happened to those banks? Those banks almost failed until AMCON took them up along with the bad debts. Is that what you want the bank where you deposit your salary to be doing with your hard earned money?

From the kind of things you say, it is clear that you have never worked with a bank for funding. Because your Oga Alhaji Sayyu can easily get loans from any bank does not mean an ordinary man on the streets can. Let’s be using our senses please. I think you should just focus on your transport logistics job and not dabble into what you do not know.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2020
awesomeJ:

Like, did you incorporate as a LLC?

Is there a plan to scale up, maybe have a chain? List on an exchange or float debt instruments at 11%?

Yes it was registered as a LLC. We plan to expand into several chains and state, but it must be strictly for economic and not emotional reasons. I'm very much interested in the numbers any business can generate legitimately.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
For envious crew is not possible for for progress crew u can make it ......getting contract is not rocket science ....it very possible ....

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
brilliant ke? Abi bitter and jealous of wheel barrows ........do people wake up from sleep and just carry there balls to total plc and say they want contracts ?........u want to be a transporter without experience or capital .......any business has to have capital source ......borrow from family and friends,banks , asset disposal or equity funding......330 mentions no reply or respond......source of capital is taught in managerial economics ......Ahib visit olosho thread , Ahib is a rascist, Ahib is Mrs worker,Ahib is trablist ,Ahib is audio trillionare,Ahib is in Ireland, Ahib is driver ,......this hallucinations ,envy ....delusionalism...
Oga Haruna, from your rants on Nairaland these days, it is clear things are not okay. Please try to relax and be calming down. Everything is going to be alright. Hope your ogas at work are not stressing you too much sha.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2020
It possible choose your area of ifanyi uba was selling truck tyres ....dont let any one tell it not possible....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lazyyouth vs Ahib!
Una match de like Liverpool vs Man city!
Massive attack and massive defence!
I've secured today's ticket, and ready to watch.
I always enjoy it to the fullest!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
It possible choose your area of ifanyi uba was selling truck tyres ....dont let any one tell it not possible....
Oga what are you trying to achieve with the picture of another person’s company’s contract? To prove what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2020
People that are still drinking mama breast dey yarn
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Oga Haruna Ibrahim, from your rants on Nairaland these days, it is clear things are not okay. Please try to relax and be calming down. Everything is going to be alright. Hope your ogas at work are not stressing you too much sha grin.

My dear,I want to believe this has gone beyond personal.......................... If tommorow something happens to one Mr haruna Ibrahim, you definitely can be held responsible

A disclaimer is issued down page on the Nairaland website that we own our post and seun is absolved of all responsibilities arising from each individual post.......

Millions view this thread

Please stop calling out real names....... just use our different monikers

this one pass vendetta o

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
People that are still drinking mama breast dey yarn
Oga Haruna, you just dey show other people contract up and down as you know say you no get. Make the owner of contract no come see you dey play with their company names o.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2020
maishai:

[s]My dear,I want to believe this has gone beyond personal.......................... If tommorow something happens to one Mr haruna, you definitely can be held responsible
[/s]
[s]A disclaimer is issued down page on the Nairaland website that we own our post and seun is absolved of all responsibilities arising from each individual post.......
[/s]
[s]Millions view this thread

this one pass vendetta o

[/s]
Rubbish. I know what you are trying to do and it ain’t gonna work.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2020
maishai:

My dear,I want to believe this has gone beyond personal.......................... If tommorow something happens to one Mr haruna Ibrahim, you definitely can be held responsible

A disclaimer is issued down page on the Nairaland website that we own our post and seun is absolved of all responsibilities arising from each individual post.......

Millions view this thread

this one pass vendetta o

...that how kidnappers dey operate are looking for info but .....we know how to deal with them .....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
...that how kidnappers dey operate are looking for info but .....we know how to deal with them .....
Oga Haruna, na audio money the kidnappers dey find? First go deal with that demon wey dey push you to come Nairaland to lamba. The truth will surely set you free.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2020
[url][/url]
ChybuzzDD:
Lazyyouth vs Ahib!
Una match de like Liverpool vs Man city!
Massive attack and massive defence!
I've secured today's ticket, and ready to watch.
I always enjoy it to the fullest!
...there no vs with jealous crew .....just pointing out that it possible to some up coming enterprenures....na suicide be the last option of envious crew that cant list out what sector dem day .....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Don’t even mention Ifeanyi Ubah’s name. Do you think Ifeanyi Ubah was an ordinary man when Capital Oil was getting huge loans from banks? You are seriously showing your ignorance about the oil and gas sector. Focus on your work with Alhaji Sayyu’s trucks and stop trying to talk about what you don’t know.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
@ahib, u have d strength to post plenty pictures but u can't present any shred of evidence when it is most needed. Why don't u do d needful now so that lezynigeriayouth gets off ur back. All big talks on a faceless forums, now, prove to the people who like such things that they are not all lies or atleast some of it.

Same thing applies to another lady who claims to be living abroad(Ireland or so), whom, I am sure, unknowingly accepted that she and her family were on government benefit. Not that it is a bad thing if u can't help it, flaunting when u are on some sort of food stap is not d best. Me think.

grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2020
ositadima1:
@ahib, u have d strength to post plenty pictures but u can't present any shred of evidence when it is most needed. Why don't u do d needful now so that lezynigeriayouth gets off ur back. All big talks on a faceless forums, now, prove to the people who like such things that they are not all lies or atleast someone of it.

Same thing applies to another lady who claims to be living abroad(Ireland or so), whom, I am sure, unknowingly accepted that she and her family where on government benefit. Not that it is a bad thing if u can't help it, flaunting when u are on some sort of food stap is not d best. Me think.

grin grin grin
omo the stage is getting heated for some drama tonight.
I've got popcorn and front row seats grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
ositadima1:
@ahib, u have d strength to post plenty pictures but u can't present any shred of evidence when it is most needed. Why don't u do d needful now so that lezynigeriayouth gets off ur back. All big talks on a faceless forums, now, prove to the people who like such things that they are not all lies or atleast someone of it.

Same thing applies to another lady who claims to be living abroad(Ireland or so), whom, I am sure, unknowingly accepted that she and her family were on government benefit. Not that it is a bad thing if u can't help it, flaunting when u are on some sort of food stap is not d best. Me think.

grin grin grin
.....Of what benefit to me....Nairaland dey pay me or I earn income from the forum......

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
ositadima1:

grin grin grin
.....Of what benefit to me....Nairaland dey pay me or I earn income from the forum......am enjoying the clowining
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
omo the stage is getting heated for some drama tonight.
I've got popcorn and front row seats grin grin

My brother, no be to day post plenty pictures and be talking large way nobody force u. Now, somebody dey doubt u, d best thing as u don start to dey show ur self before, na to complete am na as d G u be.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TransAtlanticEx(m): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2020
ositadima1:

My brother, no be to day post plenty pictures and be talking large way nobody force u. Now, somebody dey doubt u, d best thing as u don start to dey show ur self before, na to complete am na as d G u be.

grin grin grin
If I was the one,I'd just show the "haters" my posh,well lit living room and pictures of my nice cars to show them how large I live,me think grin grin grin
I think that will put the doubters to shame more and make them shut up... grin grin
You know,as the baller wen I be... cool
grin grin grin
How you see am?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.