Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437683 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 9:27am On Dec 03, 2020
Donbrig:
Why are Nigerians wicked to Nigerians? FG heavily subsidised prepaid meters, so that Discos can distribute it free of charge to Nigerians, but here in my region, some disco officials are already making huge sum selling meters. Some of these staffs are still saying they don't have enough prepaid meters, even though they have more than enough meter to distribute freely to many homes in Nigeria.

Why are we so wicked to ourselves and still hope and pray for a better Nigeria?

Wow! shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:30am On Dec 03, 2020
Na today you know say na Nigerians be Nigeria problem? Most good though not perfect policies in Nigeria are sabotaged by same Nigeria who are supposed to implement the last mile.
Donbrig:
Why are Nigerians wicked to Nigerians? FG heavily subsidised prepaid meters, so that Discos can distribute it free of charge to Nigerians, but here in my region, some disco officials are already making huge sum selling meters. Some of these staffs are still saying they don't have enough prepaid meters, even though they have more than enough meter to distribute freely to many homes in Nigeria.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 9:34am On Dec 03, 2020
Donbrig:

I do assist people in metering issues and collection... It's not straightforward as you think .. ... smiley smiley .. I will revert back possibly...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 9:43am On Dec 03, 2020
Has anything ever been straight forward in Nigeria? And we seem to be so comfortable nothing is ever straight forward, no wonder people are so frustrated in this country.

handsomebolanle:

I do assist people in metering issues and collection... It's not straightforward as you think .. ... smiley smiley .. I will revert back possibly...

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 10:09am On Dec 03, 2020
Donbrig:
Has anything ever been straight forward in Nigeria? And we seem to be so comfortable nothing is ever straight forward, no wonder people are so frustrated in this country.

You're right Sir... very frustrating...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zagee: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2020
Let me be specific with mine so people don't say it's a wild guess. I have been refused account reconciliation on the grounds that I am not seeking to purchase the meters. PHEDC to be precise
Donbrig:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:27am On Dec 03, 2020
Donbrig:

This is why i normally laugh when i see so many Nigerians blaming our Leaders. Many Nigerians are wicked and fraudulent. This is what they carry into leadership when elected to lead.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 10:49am On Dec 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
are u really investing ?or receiving your money installments..if u put 5m and they are paying 750k monthly....it from your 5m .....no new money is created (profits)....so stop calling it investements....cos investments can yield profits or loss .....

Thanks, like I said, my mode is a happy one, barafinance woke me up as expected, 2 to go. My bros, I hope you get the cost price of your trucks the first day it set sails. I need Max of 7 months to get back capital. It's a risk, it's taken and am good.
Advise: gamble with what you can comfortably let go. I did and am enjoying it, my friends I invested for are enjoying it.

Am yet to verify if it's ponzi as am on training, when I personally enter the market, I will say if it's ponzi. For now am enjoying the fact that I get Alert every other day in multiples. What's the goal, making clean money, more money, more risk. Take it or remain average.
CAVEAT:Do not invest in ponzi. DO NOT MIND ME OR MY WAYS.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:56am On Dec 03, 2020
RayRay06677:

Thanks, like I said, my mode is a happy one, barafinance woke me up as expected, 2 to go. My bros, I hope you get the cost price of your trucks the first day it set sails. I need Max of 7 months to get back capital. It's a risk, it's taken and am good.
Advise: gamble with what you can comfortably let go. I did and am enjoying it, my friends I invested for are enjoying it.

Am yet to verify if it's ponzi as am on training, when I personally enter the market, I will say if it's ponzi. For now am enjoying the fact that I get Alert every other day in multiples. What's the goal, making clean money, more money, more risk. Take it or remain average.
CAVEAT:Do not invest in ponzi. DO NOT MIND ME OR MY WAYS.
no am against u putting your money any where u like ....na u look for your money and u know how u want to spend it.......Am worried of the terms u use in describing the ponzi ....like investment , r.o.i ,risk etc this terms are for genuie verifiable ventures ....not some magic ...instead of saying i invested in a ponzi.....just say I throw away money in this BARA etc....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2020
NL1960:

This is why i normally laugh when i see so many Nigerians blaming our Leaders. Many Nigerians are wicked and fraudulent. This is what they carry into leadership when elected to lead.
there is absent of quality human resource to drive progress in Nigeria....it just not there.....a thieving lots ...u can only have fair and manageable human resource......A Nigeria.Gm in dangite cement on a salary of 4m per month and other allowance ....stole 150m naira from a major dealer code over 2 years ...he resigned and open a grand bakery with the loots ....not yet done he hear the 12bn dollars refinery project he came back and reapplied got the job again on a higher salary and even made way for his son to be employed....the boys he trained on how to steal from cement gaint continued after the the oga resigned and was caught.....analysis of his accounts showed a 30m naira transfer from oga.....after drilling in panti...alarm blow....oga is now in prison,bakery seized ,son sacked....and replaced with Indians.....the ed project has built obajana and now buiding refinery on a pay of 400m per anum ....he recently requested a 100m advance to settle some bills in the UK.....but the president dangote group ....waived the damn thing and grifted the Indian the moeny.. ...where are the Nigerian engineers....thinking how how to over price quotation to bleed the company to death....

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
there is absent of quality human resource to drive progress in Nigeria....it just not there.....a thieving lots ...u can only have fair and manageable human resource......A Nigeria.Gm in dangite cement on a salary of 4m per month and other allowance ....stole 150m naira from a major dealer code over 2 years ...he resigned and open a grand bakery with the loots ....not yet done he hear the 12bn dollars refinery project he came back and reapplied got the job again on a higher salary and even made way for his son to be employed....the boys he trained on how to steal from cement gaint continued after the the oga resigned and was caught.....analysis of his accounts showed a 30m naira transfer from oga.....after drilling in panti...alarm blow....oga is now in prison,bakery seized ,son sacked....and replaced with Indians.....the ed project has built obajana and now buiding refinery on a pay of 400m per anum ....he recently requested a 100m advance to settle some bills in the UK.....but the president dangote group ....waived the damn thing and grifted the Indian the moeny.. ...where are the Nigerian engineers....thinking how how to over price quotation to bleed the company to death....

It's been a while Mr. Ahib...
I believe all is going smoothly at your end

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
no am against u putting your money any where u like ....na u look for your money and u know how u want to spend it.......Am worried of the terms u use in describing the ponzi ....like investment , r.o.i ,risk etc this terms are for genuie verifiable ventures ....not some magic ...instead of saying i invested in a ponzi.....just say I throw away money in this BARA etc....

U Call the name, I get the money. Anything you put resources to get value is an investment. Some people are investing in cultism and are getting the corresponding returns on their investment. I invested in forex market and am getting returns. Go ahead and code name it anything, all that matters is the alert for now

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
Another Nigerian human resource in charge of cranes for the project on a pay of 700k permonths since several cranes are not in used devise how to hire out the cranes to subcontracting firms within the project at 400k per day ...untill alarm blow.....another idoit Nigerian human resource in charge of store has sold over 30 empty containers and used the money to opem a super market for wife ....this beyond poverty........
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
Na today you know say na Nigerians be Nigeria problem? Most good though not perfect policies in Nigeria are sabotaged by same Nigeria who are supposed to implement the last mile.
You are right
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Another Nigerian human resource in charge of cranes for the project on a pay of 700k permonths since several cranes are not in used devise how to hire out the cranes to subcontracting firms within the project at 400k per day ...untill alarm blow.....another idoit Nigerian human resource in charge of store has sold over 30 empty containers and used the money to opem a super market for wife ....this beyond poverty........
It's the perverse mentality that is ravaging the country
It's more than poverty

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

I prefer the word very few quality human resource

The word 'absent' is generalizing and implicating the few good works done be some...

I love reading your write-up .. so much I have learnt from...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
handsomebolanle:

I prefer the word very few quality human resource

The word 'absent' is generalizing and implicating the few good works done be some...

I love reading your write-up .. so much I have learnt from...
ok ....i changed it to very few .....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
You put your money in anything, you calculate your ROI and risks. Even yahoo boys and smugglers dey calculate their risk and returns.

What some people don’t realize is that some of their so called ‘genuine investments’ are actually Ponzi schemes dressed up to look appealing.

Anybody who knows the things that go on in some of the companies they own stocks in, will never put their money there. Talk less of some of the so called funds that are not different from ponzi.

When your fund manager always delays in paying you your money or the account officer is always begging you to rollover, what do you think is going on? When some marketing officers of some funds are desperately and aggressively marketing products and promising you unrealistically high returns, what do you think is going on? grin

When you invest in government securities and your money ends up in the pockets of corrupt politicians, and these same politicians issue more securities or ‘borrow’ more money to pay you back your money. Is that not a Ponzi scheme? grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
DexterousOne:

It's been a while Mr. Ahib...
I believe all is going smoothly at your end
...the year has been horrible .....devalution, derugulation ....low margins , lock down have dealth a big blow ....a very messy year ...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
...the year has been horrible .....devalution, derugulation ....low margins , lock down have dealth a big blow ....a very messy year ...
We are grateful for life
That's most important

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

N4m per month and other allowances and yet he still steals. What does he spend N4m per month on that he is not satisfied and has to still steal?. I normally tag people like this as suffering from 'poverty mentality'.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
DexterousOne:

It's the perverse mentality that is ravaging the country
It's more than poverty
very true we are encircled by very poor Natiòn Niger , chad , CAR but relatively honest crew ....infact they are scared of Nigerians ....i ask 1 he said we are too smart ,too cunny and too fast for them.......

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
NL1960:

N4m per month and other allowances and yet he still steals. What does he spend N4m per month on that he is not satisfied and has to still steal?. I normally tag people like this as suffering from 'poverty mentality'.

i can't understand why .he not even among the top earners ....Dr Mansur earn about 17m.naira per month.....so there is still prospect to grow in the company....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
One driver once told me that, whoever wants to steal will steal even if na ordinary broom. Our mentality among the learned in this country is that of stealing. You will find more honest contented people in villages and small towns.

I also observed that teachers in government owned schools are a little more honest than the average Nigerian, probably because they tend to start believing the morals they try to teach the kids in their ward and some level of job security.
NL1960:

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
NL1960:

The society is a money worshipping society
Listen to the music
Watch the movie
Look around you

Isn't it a pointer to the fact that something needs to be done, and done FAST to redeem the country

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
It is hard to believe some of these values, how much does the company make?
ahiboilandgas:
i can't understand why .he not even among the top earners ....Dr Mansur earn about 17m.naira per month.....so there is still prospect to grow in the company....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
the thing they shock me too .......makonjula that retired was paid 420m per anum .......may be Mr Emma go help us clarify.....knut (nowerigein) on 130m per anum.........the thing they shock me too.....

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
the thing they shock me too .......makonjula that retired was paid 420m per anum .......may be Mr Emma go help us clarify.....knut (nowerigein) on 130m per anum.........the thing they shock me too.....

The company makes about 15% of FG's revenue.

So if FG can pay senators how much again sef,

They should be able to comfortably.

MTN is around one-fifth of the full federal government revenue.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
ojesymsym:

There is nothing hidden, especially if the company is quoted. The figures quoted does not include certain benefits and allowances
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
ojesymsym:

Once you're at GM level in most large firms these days 30m isn't uncommon

Even with devaluation these firms have revenues in billions of dollars:

MTN NG Should be around 1.3trn (about $3.3bn)

Dangote Cement like 950bn ($2.4bn)

Flour Mills around 600bn ($1.53bn)

Zenith Bank around 650bn ($1.66bn)

Guaranty like 500bn ($1.27bn)

Ecobank UBA, FIRST BANK, Airtel and Nigerian Breweries, should be around $1bn to $1.2bn each
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
Converting that into USD using 400 naira as exchange rate puts it at $75,000 per month. Any how you look am the money big.
Can't we list Nigeria in the stock exchange, perhaps that may help it be run better? Just saying.
awesomeJ:

Once you're at GM level in most large firms these days 30m isn't uncommon

Even with devaluation these firms have revenues in billions of dollars:

MTN NG Should be around 1.3trn (about $3.3bn)

Dangote Cement like 950bn ($2.4bn)

Flour Mills around 600bn ($1.53bn)

Zenith Bank around 650bn ($1.66bn)

Guaranty like 500bn ($1.27bn)

Ecobank UBA, FIRST BANK, Airtel and Nigerian Breweries, should be around $1bn to $1.2bn each

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

There is nothing hidden, especially if the company is quoted. The figures quoted does not include certain benefits and allowances
Dangote does not pay anyone 17m or 30m per month in base salary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: WestPB, drealj and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.