Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437750 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
Converting that into USD using 400 naira as exchange rate puts it at $75,000 per month. Any how you look am the money big.
Can't we list Nigeria in the stock exchange, perhaps that may help it be run better? Just saying.
Dangote does not pay anyone USD 75k per month in base salaries. You can take that to the bank any day sir.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
My brother, that money big.
Lazyyouth4u:

Dangote does not pay anyone USD 75k in salary per month. You can take that to the bank any day sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
My brother, that money big.
If you prorate all annual benefits (house, cars, personal staff, travel, vacation, health, wife and children’s allowances, security, retirement, etc), then it is possible only for people at ED level.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
Converting that into USD using 400 naira as exchange rate puts it at $75,000 per month. Any how you look am the money big.
Can't we list Nigeria in the stock exchange, perhaps that may help it be run better? Just saying.

No now.

The 30m figure is per annum.

I assumed we were talking in terms of annual pay.

Lazyouth don vex!

I didn't mean per month now.

I was referencing where ojesysym said 4m per month was huge.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
awesomeJ:

No now.

Lazyouth don vex!

Only ED/CEO can smell 17m or 30m per month and that’s in addition to their prorated annual benefits and allowances.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Dangote does not pay anyone USD 75k in salary per month. You can take that to the bank any day sir.

Certainly not per month.

Although the GMDs should earn that much.

That's 360m per annum.

The GMD and Mr devakumar edwin-that man in charge of the projects.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
How can I reference 4m as too huge bros, I was referencing 17m monthly, except that was not what Ahib wrote or meant.
30m PA is 2.5M monthly. This I can easily believe, but for these companies to pay 1 human 17M per month, de a little hard for me to believe. Not saying it is not true just that I find it hard to believe.

awesomeJ:

No now.

Lazyouth don vex!

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
How can I reference 4m as too huge bros, I was referencing 17m monthly, except that was not what Ahib wrote or meant.
30m PA is 2.5M monthly. This I can easily believe, but for these companies to pay 1 human 17M per month, de a little hard for me to believe. Not saying it is not true just that I find it hard to believe.

I was wondering now.

17m monthly is very rare, especially for Dangote who's not known to be among the most lavish payers.

Maybe just 20 persons on the payroll earn that much, and the guy Ahib was mentioning at 17m is just one of those very few.

From their 2018 report, out of about 16800 folks on the pay roll, only 880 earn above 2m per YEAR.

The 2m excludes some allowances and benefits though, but it certainly will be at least 50% of the gross package, meaning only 880 out of 16800 earned above N4m gross Per year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2020
Now that I think better of it, earning USD75k monthly even in the US is also even not a common occurrence. I dare say it is very rare and only happens among the top management echelons in certain sectors of the society.
Lazyyouth4u:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
Now that I think better of it, earning USD75k monthly even in the US is also even not a common occurrence. I dare say it is very rare and only happens among the top management echelons in certain sectors of the society.

That's the type of income that puts you comfortably in the top 1%.

75k monthly is USD 900K p.a

Entry level to top 1% is USD 540K per annum or 45k per month.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Dangote does not pay anyone 17m or 30m per month in base salary.

He does for the management staff of Dangote cement.

The CEO of Dangote Sugar who is now the current governor of Nasarawa State earned about N100 million per annum (excluding certain benefits and allowances) while the CEO of Dangote Cement earned about 5 times of that (excluding certain benefits and allowances) Hopefully the CEO of Dangote Refinery might earn more than that of Dangote Cement

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

If you prorate all annual benefits (house, cars, personal staff, travel, vacation, health, wife and children’s allowances, security, retirement, etc), then it is possible only for people at ED level.

In the annual reports of these companies you will see the salary range of the directors, they will also include the salary of the highest paid director who is usually the CEO eg N450 million per annum (excluding certain benefits and allowances)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
While Dangote earned just N60 million as the chairman of Dangote Cement, the CEO earned almost N500 million as salary. But Dangote went home with a dividend of over N200 billion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
While Dangote earned just N60 million as the chairman of Dangote Cement, the CEO earned almost N500 million as salary. But Dangote went home with a dividend of over N200 billion.
my oga it governor of Nasarawa not kogi ......engr sule
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The 60m sef is much. For just maybe 12 or less board meetings. each lasting 2hours or less averagely.

compared to GMD that does at least 300days at 8 hours daily.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
my oga it governor of Nasarawa not kogi ......engr sule

Thank you for the correction.

Engr Abdullahi Sule
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
awesomeJ:

The 60m sef is much. For just maybe 12 or less board meetings. each lasting 2hours or less averagely.

compared to GMD that does at least 300days at 8 hours daily.

Do you know worth of 1 hour of Dangote's time?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
41M (~$100k) monthly. This even dwarfs the 17M of before.
They must really be providing lots of value to their company to earn that much.
emmanuelewumi:
While Dangote earned just N60 million as the chairman of Dangote Cement, the CEO earned almost [b]N500 million as salary[/b ]. But Dangote went home with a dividend of over N200 billion.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
So Dangote CEO earns more than what some Fortune 500 company CEOs earn in base salaries? And given that those ones pay 40% taxes, Dangote CEO makes more in base salaries than the average Fortune 500 CEO. Na wa o.

Anyways, the American CEOs make up to 10x or more of their base salaries in stock option compensation. ExxonMobil and Chevron CEOs made around USD22m and USD33m respectively. Most of their earnings came from stock options.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Do you know worth of 1 hour of Dangote's time?
When you put it that way, then the full 60m is not even enough for 1hour.
I was looking at hour for hour without minding whose the hours are.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
Assuming an average annual income of 350bn. Alhaji makes 40m every hour.
It's 30m per hour if you use 270bn as the annual income.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
If I’m making 500m per annum as base salary, why would I be concerned about Tbill yields or NSE returns? grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2020
We live in a crazy world, where your own blood brother can stand before the entire family and suggest that
All the retirement benefits of your parents should be put in a company he works for
And clearly knows that it's a Ponzi company!

Just because he wants salary for himself!!!

If one kills such brother after the Ponzi fails, hope no one would put that person in jail or under any condemnation, right?

I can not be an avid church member again, I will serve God in my closet, than to worship in the presence of skimmers and treacherous folks who claim to be more " churchous" than I am.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

If I’m making 500m per annum on base salaries alone, why would I be concerned about Tbill rates or NSE? grin

That na why, the former guy went to become a governor. I don't think he was hunting yields like some of us are.

By the way NESTLE and NB with just about one-third their revenue also pay around 300m-400m to their CEOs.

Unilever with just about 7% of their revenue too paid that nsarkoh guy heavily.

And we've been told about Wale at Oando signing over 650m to himself annually.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
ojesymsym:
41M (~$100k) monthly. This even dwarfs the 17M of before.
They must really be providing lots of value to their company to earn that much.
for a company to.move buying and selling to 12 bn dollar refinery is not a small feat.......edwin and co have been here since 1992 ....from a start up and I there 30s

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
lol... Bro, wertin happen?
Some of such staff sometimes really believe in the project and are not insiders per say. They are most times also brainwashed so that they can sound convincing when talking to prospect.
Just calm down, e don happen e don happen
RealityShot:
We live in a crazy world, where your own blood brother can stand before the entire family and suggest that
All the retirement benefits of your parents should be put in a company he works for

If one kills such brother after the Ponzi fails, hope no one would put that person in jail or under any condemnation, right?

I can not be an avid church member again, I will serve God in my closet, than to worship in the presence of skimmers and treacherous folks who claim to be more " churchous" than I am.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
RealityShot:

The matter nor hard reach now.

No need for talks of killing over ordinary money now.

As a responsible son, yours is simply to educate and convince your parents about your doubts and concerns on the scheme. It's expected your brother will make his own arguments too, but usually, the genuine one gets identified, and your parents should yield. If not, just make sure to try all you can to convince them, or maybe convince some others of your siblings who may also add to your voice.

If in the end your parents go with your brother's suggestion, it should bother you small if at all, cos it's their money, and you did all you could.

As far as I'm concerned the brother can take all the inheritance to himself, I've got my own so I wouldn't be bothered.

No need to even vex should the investment fail talk less of killing.

And you shouldn't say because someone acts funny you want to stop going to church.
Bad idea!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

So Dangote CEO earns more than what some Fortune 500 company CEOs earn in base salaries? And given that those ones pay 40% taxes, Dangote CEO makes more in base salaries than the average Fortune 500 CEO. Na wa o.

Anyways, the American CEOs make up to 10x or more of their base salaries in stock option compensation. ExxonMobil and Chevron CEOs made around USD22m and USD33m respectively. Most of their earnings came from stock options.

The CEO of Dangote Cement does not have Dangote Cement share, he was poached from Lafarge. I think Kunle Alake earns more than the CEO of Dangote Cement.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
RealityShot:

Abeg, no go kill your brother o because of money matter.

Try to convince your parents not to put their money in any ponzi scheme but if they insist, tell them not to put everything but to try out the ponzi company with about 30-50% of the retirement benefits. I know of people that are wrecked today because they put their retirement benefits in ponzi companies.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The CEO of Dangote Cement does not have Dangote Cement share, he was poached from Lafarge. I think Kunle Alake earns more than the CEO of Dangote Cement.
.he CEO of Dangote industries Ltd .....DIL gave birth to all the companies ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
RealityShot:

This sounds like a personal family issue. shocked shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
.he CEO of Dangote industries Ltd .....DIL gave birth to all the companies ....

Kunle Alake is a highly trusted management staff of Dangote, after spending 30 years with him. He started from the defunct bank owned by Dangote, ie Liberty Merchant Bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Sugarkay(m), Tunizzy(m), niyoni and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.