Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4444364 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
richforever123:
I have never seen a 'Billionaire' that has the time to be exchanges words in such a manner with someone on a Faceless Forum

Imagine Dangote, having the time to prove on a Faceless Forum how he has this and that, real Billionaires do not do this

In my personal opinion based in facts I have seen so far, that guy is as Audio as it can get

However, I acknowledge the business and investment contributions he makes
are u my accountant or u audited my company to a value of 1 billion?or just an idoit too ...cos only idoits value contribution from Audios ..

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

I’m a small hungry boy? Hahaha. Desperado like you wey wan use 419 to deceive woman in order to japa from your frustration for Naija get mouth to talk? #audio billionaire

Abeg make I prepare for my trip to hang out with Don B jare. Transatlantic abeg send those bannies to come jollof with me and Don abeg.
but if u get the 30k dollars requirement for express entry u for no risk your life for jollof rice....rice and chicken na 1800 for tasty fried chicken...try get conductor work within Lagos or come be passing trucks for maza maza am sure u can afford it and will think twice when offered free rice 300km away ...

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

25% of my emergency reserve is in VGIF

Thank you Sir. Since treasury bills is nothing to write home about.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Those who took their chance with bitcoin are reaping the benefits of the risk they took.

One part of me want to regret not joining the bus;
However
One has principles
And have to stick to them
Regardless of the consequences

Imagine the crazy ROI cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
ositadiima1:

I just dey go through my email updates come find d alert, chai it is well. It landed yesterday. Not bad.

Yours is good. I do not know what is wrong with Morgan Capital Group on this one ooo. I have not gotten my rental payment. I mailed them earlier today and was told that it is being paid in batches how many days will it take to clear the batches for God sake. This is something I would have just paid in any of the receiving bank and send the proof of payment and the subscription form to DMO by myself. Morgan is just getting me angry.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
omotola90:
Dsticks47, emmasoft

@Mills55 VGIF is a mutual fund under the fixed income category.
Its unique features:
Rate of 7.5% benchmarked with SDF- standard deposit facility.
Capital and interest guaranteed.
You can top up with any amount at any interval.
Tenor is determined by the investor.
Rate is prorated and earned daily including weekends and public holidays and paid twice yearly - July and January
You can monitor your account online.
To open account kindly click on the link on my signature.
You don't need cash to open account only your kyc documents - ID CARD, PASSPORT PHOTO, UTILITY BILL and your SIGNATURE all to be uploaded on the last page of the form. once form is submitted, your account details is sent to you in less than 48hrs
You can also call or chat my number 08181057319 I have some voice notes you can listen to for more details.
Be rest assured you will be happy when you come on board.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

You say I be BBN analyst. No problem. But see wetin agbaya person papa like you dey write for stupid topic wey you create for NL and you get mouth to follow lazy youth talk grin
British council psychologist should be on band 10 salary which is above 8m per anum ...so u can clearly understand the type of guys she will want to get pregnant for ...even band 4 is 4.5m ....but a failed
Uknown musician on YouTube monthly income from BB Najia analyst , plus essay writer plus unpaid nairlander income = 30 dollars per month 15 max so the only girl available for u are ...food hawker,Agbo sellers , shepe seller and orange sellers...this are the kind of babe that will sluggish agree to date u and have babies .......so u see a British council psychologist would never hang out with person willing to risk there life's for rice......i understand why u are bitter sha ....u are still at the bottom of the maslow heiracy of needs....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
EarlyCareer:
Jedisco, highcurrent, which ALyT coin do you think one should invest now?

It's difficult to say, but you don't want to buy into a green candle.

Money in the market usually moves from the king, to majors, midcaps and lowcaps then back or out
I tend to spread my portfolio across when I trade them.. lowcaps can be very volatile and can move both ways.

I wouldn't advise buying on a day that everything has been green. With such moves come significant volatility to both sides. There's a lot of FOMO in the market now so any dump should be bought up quickly.

On what to buy, if you're new, I'd say beetc is still the king. None other has outperformed it over time. Eithy is the controls all other alyts. So if you're trading them, you want to be in Eithy or coins who will outperform it over time. In the next impulse move, I believe Litc and Reeple would.

But remember, when the market sells off, it's better to be out or in the majors.

P.s. hope you get my abbreviations, na spambot I dey dodge

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
freeman67:

Yours is good. I do not know what is wrong with Morgan Capital Group on this one ooo. I have not gotten my rental payment. I mailed them earlier today and was told that it is being paid in batches how many days will it take to clear the batches for God sake. This is something I would have just paid in any of the receiving bank and send the proof of payment and the subscription form to DMO by myself. Morgan is just getting me angry.
I don't think it's MC fault as they're not the one paying coupon.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
DexterousOne:
Those who took their chance with beetcon are reaping the benefits of the risk they took.

However
One has principles

I'd say the risk is not owning any.

It's outright the best performing asset over the last decade. With the way dollar and other currencies are being printed, it's value is bound to rise. It has an inbuilt anti-inflationary system as supply gets less with time and total possible supply is fixed. More people will buy over time and there'd be less and less supply.
It's the future of currency.
Governments fought it for years with no success and most have now moved from that to making sure people pay tax on their profits.
The eurozone, china e.t.c are currently looking into a way of making something similar.
I personally believe that if anything is going to unsit the dollar, it'd have to come in a similar universal and less restrictive offering to beetc
It's the only way one can transfer billions of dollars from any part of the world to another almost instantly for almost no cost.
When folks here were talking about where to buy and keep dollars, I smiled cos one can with the click of a finger buy dollar equivalent coyns without any hassle and no bereau d'change or bank concers.
The best exchange rate when transferring money from hard currencies to naira is through it.
The amount of companies investing part of their assets in it have been on the rise. I'm talking of even insurance companies buying in hundreds of millions of dollars.
PayPal recently allowed their customers to purchase in app. My bank allows me ourchase in app. The list keeps growing

If you think the move from 4k to 20k was surreal, what comes after will blow you out.

Like I said irrespective of whatever move it makes in the short-term, the risk today for a young person is not owning any.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
Myhelper1:

All the people I know that did through other source have received their coupon. Today is an added day gone. The official date announced is 16 Dec and I haven't gotten it at the end of 17 Dec. With that I have lost a day already. I only know myself that did through them and have not gotten that I am not happy with them.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2020
@ Ahib, this is for you

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by elmas(m): 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Dsticks47:

If legit you mean regulated and fund security, then we are your best option.
At Investment One we have various investment options that will suit your need.
We have VGIF which guarantees both your capital and ROI. (Presently 7.5%)

On our ziing mobile app we have ;
Zplan (4-10% ROI)
Zsave (4% ROI)

You can search the forum for more info on the investment options above.

You can also chat me up on WhatsApp or visit our office (depending on your location)
p.a is how much?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by highcurrent: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
EarlyCareer:
Jedisco, highcurrent, which ALT coin do you think one should invest now? LTC, LINK?
As jedisco had already pointed out, you can check "coinmarketcapdotcom" to see other ALT worth investing in. But btc still remains the king
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OLOBAM: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
freeman67:

All the people I know that did through other source have received their coupon. Today is an added day gone. The official date announced is 16 Dec and I haven't gotten it at the end of 17 Dec. With that I have lost a day already. I only know myself that did through them and have not gotten that I am not happy with them.

I did it through my broker as well but I have not seen my coupon as well. I was told it is being paid in batches. I will have to followup with them tomorrow. The only prove I have is that it is on my CSCS statement.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
I suspect it has to do with Morgan. I did 2 separate ones with different vendors, the other has since come whereas the one with Morgan is still in traffic. I was suspecting the receiving bank but now that others with Morgan are saying the same thing then it has to be Morgan.
Myhelper1:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cooldudeng(m): 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
freeman67:

We are in the same boat on this. I was told the batches story by MC. To be honest, it seems like a rather default response as they didn’t even bother asking for my details when I called

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SamReinvented: 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
Mukina2 and Dominique.

I saw your names as the moderators of the investment section, please pay attention to this thread. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kemi21: 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2020
freeman67:

I have not received mine. I purchased through afrinvest. I was told that its paid in several batches. I suppose we give it a few days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
ositadiima1:

At 1.1% true yield for 365 days and 0.5% for 182, bro, he never dey make sense to dey do Treasury bills.
thanks Bro, Noted
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
jedisco:

It's difficult to say, but you don't want to buy into a green candle.

Money in the market usually moves from the king, to majors, midcaps and lowcaps then back or out
I tend to spread my portfolio across when I trade them.. lowcaps can be very volatile and can move both ways.

I wouldn't advise buying on a day that everything has been green. With such moves come significant volatility to both sides. There's a lot of FOMO in the market now so any dump should be bought up quickly.

On what to buy, if you're new, I'd say beetc is still the king. None other has outperformed it over time. Eithy is the controls all other alyts. So if you're trading them, you want to be in Eithy or coins who will outperform it over time. In the next impulse move, I believe Litc and Reeple would.

But remember, when the market sells off, it's better to be out or in the majors.

P.s. hope you get my abbreviations, na spambot I dey dodge

Abbreviations understood, solid analysis, thanks jedisco. Will keep accumulating the aforementioned as I have been doing.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
highcurrent:
As jedisco had already pointed out, you can check "coinmarketcapdotcom" to see other ALT worth investing in. But btc still remains the king

You are right, thanks. Bit remains king.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
Na wa o! So this fight is still going on?!! Na wetin Buhari cause be this. Everybody dey para. undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

More like a Eurobond fund, investors need to know the issuers and the jurisdiction of the issuers of the various Eurobonds in the fund portfolio.

Who are the regulatory bodies?

On Risevest. Good day, Mr. Emmanuel.

"Currently we have mainly Eurobond in Ghana, Angola, a few other North African and middle east countries and a few high grade corporate bonds. We used to have a lot of exposure to Nigerian Eurobonds but that was reduced due to the deteriorating fiscal environment.

Eurobonds are like treasury bills and we spread across many countries so for them to default it's like epic levels of chaos like mass wars or some other great catastrophe. For now and in the near foreseeable future, Eurobonds are still safe."

I am interested in your comments.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
DexterousOne:
Those who took their chance with bitcoin are reaping the benefits of the risk they took.

However
One has principles

There is nothing like recognizing untapped potential and taking the risk o!. My ears and eyes are wide open now. Information is King.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ImperialCovfefe: 4:48am On Dec 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Secondary market prices for some bonds sent to me by Afrinvest.

Obaseki the governor of Edo State is the founder of Afrinvest

Some of the bonds have even gained 100%

Is this the coupon yield or the yield-to-maturity?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:18am On Dec 18, 2020
Phraences:

On Risevest. Good day, Mr. Emmanuel.

"Currently we have mainly Eurobond in Ghana, Angola, a few other North African and middle east countries and a few high grade corporate bonds. We used to have a lot of exposure to Nigerian Eurobonds but that was reduced due to the deteriorating fiscal environment.

Eurobonds are like treasury bills and we spread across many countries so for them to default it's like epic levels of chaos like mass wars or some other great catastrophe. For now and in the near foreseeable future, Eurobonds are still safe."

I am interested in your comments.

Where is your office and proof of registration by SEC
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:09am On Dec 18, 2020
kemi21:

I have not received mine. I purchased through afrinvest. I was told that its paid I. Several batches. I suppose we give it a few days.

It should not be that way. Investor are given dates of rental payments for a reason. Millions of people invest in treasury and get their pay back on due date except it falls on weekends or public holiday. The due day for this was on a business day and it didn't come through. I had plans for the coupon and they have scattered it. Also the 2 days delay is to attract something too. If it is to be paid in batches collection would have been in batches too. Everything about the payment should have been arranged before now.. They had 6 months to do it for God sake..

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kemi21: 6:45am On Dec 18, 2020
freeman67:

It should not be that way. Investor are given dates of rental payments for a reason. Millions of people invest in treasury and get their pay back on due date except it falls on weekends or public holiday. The due day for this was on a business day and it didn't come through. I had plans for the coupon and they have scattered it. Also the 2 days delay is to attract something too. If it is to be paid in batches collection would have been in batches too. Everything about the payment should have been arranged before now.. They had 6 months to do it for God sake..

I completely agree with you. It should have been specified that payment would be FROM m the 16th not ON the 16th.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: hfc80 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.