Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4445307 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 6:49am On Dec 18, 2020
elmas:
p.a is how much?

If you mean the ROI it’s already stated on my previous post.

VGIF with a minimum subscription fee of 50,000 is currently (7.5%. p.a)
Zsave (no minimum) 4%. p.a
Zplan (minimum of 1000) 4-10% p.a
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 7:06am On Dec 18, 2020
freeman67:

All the people I know that did through other source have received their coupon. Today is an added day gone. The official date announced is 16 Dec and I haven't gotten it at the end of 17 Dec. With that I have lost a day already. I only know myself that did through them and have not gotten that I am not happy with them.
I totally understand, you can escalate it to DMO, CBN and investment tribunal if you haven't received it by now.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadiima1: 7:16am On Dec 18, 2020
freeman67:

Yours is good. I do not know what is wrong with Morgan Capital Group on this one ooo. I have not gotten my rental payment. I mailed them earlier today and was told that it is being paid in batches how many days will it take to clear the batches for God sake. This is something I would have just paid in any of the receiving bank and send the proof of payment and the subscription form to DMO by myself. Morgan is just getting me angry.

Have some patience, it will get to you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:27am On Dec 18, 2020
OLOBAM:

I did it through my broker as well but I have not seen my coupon as well. I was told it is being paid in batches. I will have to followup with them tomorrow. The only prove I have is that it is on my CSCS statement.

For those who is yet to get their coupon paid please note it has nothing to do with your broker.
In as much as your Sukuk is on your cscs statement the role of your broker has been performed and ended. The only time you need them again as per the bond is if you decide not to hold to maturity and you wish to sell.

You are a creditor to the FGN the body that facilitate your payment is the DMO.
If you have any complain direct it to them.
But I assure you every bond holder will be paid.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 8:28am On Dec 18, 2020
I hope some of these investment houses did not aggregate it and then use their name to invest. That will be wrong.
freeman67:

It should not be that way. Investor are given dates of rental payments for a reason. Millions of people invest in treasury and get their pay back on due date except it falls on weekends or public holiday. The due day for this was on a business day and it didn't come through. I had plans for the coupon and they have scattered it. Also the 2 days delay is to attract something too. If it is to be paid in batches collection would have been in batches too. Everything about the payment should have been arranged before now.. They had 6 months to do it for God sake..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:22am On Dec 18, 2020
freeman67:

It should not be that way. Investor are given dates of rental payments for a reason. Millions of people invest in treasury and get their pay back on due date except it falls on weekends or public holiday. The due day for this was on a business day and it didn't come through. I had plans for the coupon and they have scattered it. Also the 2 days delay is to attract something too. If it is to be paid in batches collection would have been in batches too. Everything about the payment should have been arranged before now.. They had 6 months to do it for God sake..

I will suggest that you write to Morgan and tell them that you are taking up the case with DMO and CBN. With NIBSS, credit to accounts is now in seconds. How many people did the SUKUK bond that payments is in batches?. Companies have more shareholders than those that did the SUKUK bond and dividend payment is immediate to those with eMandate.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2020
RayRay06677:

It became unponzi and others might unponzified too, some day, somehow
bros rest...you don win ! grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2020
9jatriot:
I hope some of these investment houses did not aggregate it and then use their name to invest. That will be wrong.

This is exactly what is going on...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 11:33am On Dec 18, 2020
That will be nonsense. The one I did directly with the lotuscapital has since been paid but the one with Morgan is still not reflecting.

Where I need their help in aggregating is the monthly minimum 50 million FG Bonds since I never get 50M, Or LaxyYot, u fit lend me 49.8 million make I go hustle the other 200k do next month FG Bonds as I never fit gada d 50 million money?

Lazyyouth4u:

This is exactly what is going on...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 11:34am On Dec 18, 2020
Happy holidays...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fickyola(m): 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2020
Myhelper1:
No

How do I invest in sukuk, as I just have my fund lying down in bank after 6 month of TB retrogression.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2020
9jatriot:
That will be nonsense. The one I did directly with the lotuscapital has since been paid but the one with Morgan is still not reflecting.

Where I need their help in aggregating is the monthly minimum 50 million FG Bonds since I never get 50M, Or LaxyYot, u fit lend me 49.8 million make I go hustle the other 200k do next month FG Bonds as I never fit gada d 50 million money?

Lotus is one of the advisers on the offer.

No worry, when my album blow, 50m go be nothing wink

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cooldudeng(m): 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2020
freeman67:

My Sukuk coupon just landed. I’m sure yours is on the way

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
@ this is for you

Sir, I want to pick up some good dividend paying stocks. Do you think next week been Christmas week will present some buying opportunities?.
Pls reply
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2020
talk2tonie:

Sir, I want to pick up some good dividend paying stocks. Do you think next week been Christmas week will present some buying opportunities?.
Pls reply

I don't know oooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I don't know oooo

Boss, you cannot not know oooo grin
Pls just share your thoughts.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2020
talk2tonie:

Boss, you cannot not know oooo grin
Pls just share your thoughts.

Monitor discussions on the stockmarket Investment thread.

I don't know because I am not buying anything now until end of January 2021 by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Monitor discussions on the stockmarket Investment thread.

I don't know because I am not buying anything now until end of January 2021 by God's grace

Thank you sir.
Happy holidays.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OLOBAM: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2020
OLOBAM:

I did it through my broker as well but I have not seen my coupon as well. I was told it is being paid in batches. I will have to followup with them tomorrow. The only prove I have is that it is on my CSCS statement.

I have received my first rental after I followed up with my broker
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Risingcash94: 2:46pm On Dec 18, 2020
Good evening Ositadiima. Congrats. Pls I also invested in the fgn sukuk bond but I am yet to receive my ROI. Any advice for me pls?

ositadiima1:

I just dey go through my email updates come find d alert, chai it is well. It landed yesterday. Not bad.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

I’m a small hungry boy? Hahaha. Desperado like you wey wan use 419 to deceive woman wey dey make ordinary 70k dollars in order to japa from your frustrated life in Naija get mouth to talk? #audio billionaire

Abeg make I prepare for my trip to hang out with Don B jare. Transatlantic abeg send those bannies to come jollof with me and Don abeg.
i fit drive come meet una sha. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2020
fickyola:

How do I invest in sukuk, as I just have my fund lying down in bank after 6 month of TB retrogression.
You may contact your broker to know if there's any on a secondary market.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Where is your office and proof of registration by SEC

I don't work there. I am an investor/Affiliate trying to get you interested grin There is a trustee partnership with ARM who are SEC licensed. The office is in Yaba, Lagos.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2020
Phraences:

I don't work there. I am an investor/Affiliate trying to get you interested grin There is a trustee partnership with ARM who are SEC licensed. The office is in Yaba, Lagos.

Forget Trustee partnership arrangement, are they registered by SEC as a fund manager?

There are different types of registrations by SEC, for issuing houses, Investment banks, Trustees, corporate law firms, reporting accountants, estate valuers, fund managers etc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2020
cooldudeng:

My Sukuk coupon just landed. I’m sure yours is on the way

Unfortunately, it didn't land today. Tomorrow is weekend so I will have to start hoping again on Monday. It's now added to my investment mistakes of 2020. I will never use Morgan for such investment again except they are the issuing or main partners/ collection house for the FG.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:14pm On Dec 18, 2020
fickyola:

Invest your lying down fund in VGIF for guaranteed returns. If you had done that in the past six months by January 1st 2021 you would have gotten 7.5% of your fund.

Well there is still opportunity. You can register today and get interest prorated for the remaining days of 2020.

Check my signature for link to open an account.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2020
emmasoft:

Invest your lying down fund in VGIF for guaranteed returns. If you had done that in the past six months by January 1st 2021 you would have gotten 7.5% of your fund.

Well there is still opportunity. You can register today and get interest prorated for the remaining days of 2020.

Check my signature for link to open an account.

If someone joins VGIF today, would the person be paid interest on January 1st?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2020
Grupo:

If someone joins VGIF today, would the person be paid interest on January 1st?

Yes Sir. Each investor gets the prorated interest for the number of days his/her fund is invested. Even if an investor joins on the 31st Dec. in the morning the one day interest will be paid. So interest is given as long as you join before any of the two payment dates.
Hence I said in my earlier post that investors determines their tenor in VGIF.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2020
emmasoft:

Yes Sir. Each investor gets the prorated interest for the number of days his/her fund is invested. Even if an investor joins on the 31st Dec. in the morning the one day interest will be paid. So interest is given as long as you join before any of the two payment dates.

Okay. That's great.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 10:26am On Dec 19, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

You say I be BBN analyst. No problem. But see wetin agbaya person papa like you dey write for stupid topic wey you create for NL and you get mouth to follow lazy youth talk grin

Very idle agbaya with several senseless topics and posts on NL where he lives his fantasy life.
Whose photo is this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 10:58am On Dec 19, 2020
emmasoft:

So the interest is biannual?.What are the scheduled payment dates? If you have to quit your investment, how long does it take to get funds back?

When TB was 13%, what was vgif % then? Can I withdraw part of my interest before the due date? Kindly post this year report on vgif ,let's see how it's fairing. Merci
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2020
Akin3891:

So the interest is biannual?.What are the scheduled payment dates? If you have to quit your investment, how long does it take to get funds back?

When TB was 13%, what was vgif % then? Can I withdraw part of my interest before the due date? Kindly post this year report on vgif ,let's see how it's fairing. Merci

Yes interest is biannual. Payment dates: 1st January and 1st July. If you are quitting or doing partial redemption of funds it's 3 working days max.
TB rates don't determine VGIF rate because the major underlying asset is FGN Bonds and VGIF rate is benchmarked with sdf.
Interest is earned daily but can only be capitalized(reinvested) or paid on the scheduled payment dates.
Please check page 1717 on this thread to get the latest (Q3) report of VGIF fund. I dey fear antispam bot. I no wan chop ban because of repetition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.