Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,551 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4428839 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2020
Donbrig:
Merry Christmas everyone. We should also know that most of these ponzi scheme operators have license to operate legally, making it more difficult for SEC to aggressively go after them. As long as Nigerians are always willing to make quick and unrealistic profits, ponzi scheme operators will always have their way.

I learnt my lessons in the 90s when my family lost over 800k to plan-well ponzi operators.

I still support the motion for SEC to aggressively go after all ponzi operators in Nigeria, though it won't be easy for SEC, because almost all the ponzi scheme operators also pay taxes just as they are legally licensed. So govt have their own share from the whole criminal process.

Chai, talking about Planwell- watershed, I recalled vividly the trauma several people l knew went through as a result of the collapse of Plainwell

I know the guy (CEO)like the back of my palm, he was shot at Ekpoma - Edo State at his family house by unknown gun men before he relocated to hide in Niger state

l know him to his family house in Ekpoma and all his siblings, all the time the case was on-going in Benin city, he hid several of his vehicles at Ekpoma, moved the rest to Abuja and Niger state to do transportation business

The summary of Planwell was that all his victims were wrecked financially and Planwell got away with some of his hidden assets, case died a natural death in Benin city and yet millions of Nigerians didn't learn a lesson from that disaster, ponzi or get rich schemes is likened to mugu fall, Guyman wack, Guyman fall, police chop, end of story grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 8:15am On Dec 26, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Chai, talking about Planwell- watershed, I recalled vividly the trauma several people l knew went through as a result of the collapse of Plainwell

I know the guy (CEO)like the back of my palm, he was shot at Ekpoma - Edo State at his family house by unknown gun men before he relocated to hide in Niger state

l know him to his family house in Ekpoma and all his siblings, all the time the case was on-going in Benin city, he hid several of his vehicles at Ekpoma, moved the rest to Abuja and Niger state to do transportation business

The summary of Planwell was that all his victims were wrecked financially and Planwell got away with some of his hidden assets, case died a natural death in Benin city and yet millions of Nigerians didn't learn a lesson from that disaster, ponzi or get rich schemes is likened to mugu fall, Guyman wack, Guyman fall, police chop, end of story grin
Same thing will happen to many of this agritech investment

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 8:39am On Dec 26, 2020
QuinModah:
Same thing will happen to many of this agritech investment
Sometimes l wonder the kind of voodoo, jazz or charms some of this Oluwole or chop I chop investment promoters used on their victims, how can you ask me to invest in a phony agricbizness eg in cassava / banana or onions and you promise to give me 20 to 30 percent in profits, and I will withdraw cash from my bank account to invest in a wilderness agricultural bizness, after few months or years, you the CEO / management team will vammoose to Jamaica or Bahamas to enjoy your loot in a cozy 5star hotel drinking champagne with grilled Carribean spicy ox-tail and keep me in premium tears grin

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 9:06am On Dec 26, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Sometimes l wonder the kind of voodoo, jazz or charms some of this Oluwole or chop I chop investment promoters used on their victims, how can you ask me to invest in a phony agricbizness eg in cassava / banana or onions and you promise to give me 20 to 30 percent in profits, and I will withdraw cash from my bank account to invest in a wilderness agricultural bizness, after few months or years, you the CEO / management team will vammoose to Jamaica or Bahamas to enjoy your loot in a cozy 5star hotel drinking champagne with grilled Carribean spicy ox-tail and keep me in premium tears grin
It's not jazz. Most agrictech investors have never been to a farm or know the process it takes to plant and harvest yam. so if they see 30% in 4 months they jump at it. Goathq just gave someone only 5% of their 2m investment after 9 months of keeping the funds You cant keep investors money for 9 months only to announce regrets 4 days to payment date. 5% guaranteed at the end of March means 5% in 9months basically., JV rice extended their duration to 10months of an initial 7months rice farm.

I remember one of them asking for my input about a farm, and I simply told him ask the agritech to show your their farm, ask the CEO if he ever tilted the ground before, he thanked me after they agrictech could not even show him their farm couple with the fact that the CEO was a know Ponzi Legend in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2020
QuinModah:
It's not jazz. Most agrictech investors have never been to a farm or know the process it takes to plant and harvest yam. so if they see 30% in 4 months they jump at it. Goathq just gave someone only 5% of their 2m investment, JV rice extended their duration to 10months of an initial 7months rice farm.

I remember one of them asking for my input about a farm, and I simply told him ask the agritech to show your their farm, ask the CEO if he ever tilted the ground before, he thanked me after they agrictech could not even show him their farm couple with the fact that the CEO was a know Ponzi Legend in Nigeria.
Hian, Lol at known ponzi legend, anyway, the sad thing is that, several of such phony chop I chop investment promoters are still on the wings in Nigeria, waiting to set up offices, obtain from gullible people, take them to their slaughter slabs, cash out and benjohnson away to Paris grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Lol at known ponzi legend, anyway, the sad thing is that, several of such phony chop I chop investment promoters are still on the wings in Nigeria, waiting to set up offices, obtain from gullible people, take them to their slaughter slabs, cash out and benjohnson away to Paris grin
They are many, imagine a CEO having 3 different agritech. Where is Hocorn and SGL? Many will go to the slaughter slab

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2020
Bitcoin!!!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Bitcoin!!!

$25k on Dec 25th must mean Santa owns bitcoin. But get ready for pull back o
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Bitcorn!!!

26k in the bag...
For now, it seems the path of least resistance is up.... I'm eagerly awaiting altss to start popping
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Bitcoin!!!

Hmm. People don become millionaires

Almost unbelievable to think it was just about $5k barely 9months ago at the onset of the pandemic.

If only one could see the future. . . cry

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2020
bjtinz:

Hmm. People don become millionaires

Almost unbelievable to think it was just about $5k barely 9months ago at the onset of the pandemic.

If only one could see the future. . . cry

Millionaires on paper until they sell it. If a pull back happens and they are not sold, it's still on paper. You don't loose or gain money until you sell.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2020
unite4real:

Millionaires on paper until they sell it. If a pull back happens and they are not sold, it's still on paper. You don't loose or gain money until you sell.

Crypto tradin is not like stock exchange, traders activate stop loss once they re on profit & still bullish. once your stoploss hit and exchange automatic to usdt then u re still on profit weather btc crash to $1k or whatever amount that same time if u re sleepin bcz usdt is stable currency and pegged to us dollar

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
jedisco:

26k in the bag...
For now, it seems the path of least resistance is up.... I'm eagerly awaiting altss to start popping

you cant expect alt coin season this yrs unlike in 2017 when they pump 100x - 300x. most of those institutional firm and whale are bullish in btc and they are still interested only in btc so they moving more money there to keep pushin it to the top and once they met the target, they’ll exist & that when we’ll be expectin crash

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
janga:

you cant expect alt koin season this yrs unlike in 2017 when they pump 100x - 300x. most of those institutional firm and whale are bullish in btz and they are still interested only in btz so they moving more money there to keep pushin it to the top and once they met the target, they’ll exist & that when we’ll be expectin crash

Not expecting anything close to those numbers although we're seeing some staggering candles already. The market flows in cycles irrespective of where fresh money is coming in from. Of course the king will outperform the rest in the long run. But usually, there's a 3-6 month cycle of dominance between btz and others... Once many think one group is dead that when it wakes up. The mistake most make is jumping from one top to another top.

Funny enough, all the noise goes to btz but eithy has outperformed btz since the March crash and is likely to perform even better over the next weeks. I'm looking at majors first. My concern is that a significant pullback can happen at any point
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OYENIYIJK: 7:23am On Dec 27, 2020
Check the link in my signature if you gat PayPal funds to sell.

Good Morning cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:44am On Dec 27, 2020
jedisco:

Not expecting anything close to those numbers although we're seeing some staggering candles already. The market flows in cycles irrespective of where fresh money is coming in from. Of course the king will outperform the rest in the long run. But usually, there's a 3-6 month cycle of dominance between btz and others... Once many think one group is dead that when it wakes up. The mistake most make is jumping from one top to another top.

Funny enough, all the noise goes to btz but eithy has outperformed btz since the March crash and is likely to perform even better over the next weeks. I'm looking at majors first. My concern is that a significant pullback can happen at any point
Is there a way to start a thread or group for cypto enthusiasts like us. I know ogogorofreak used to operate one back in the day. Don't knlw what came of it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Osirawboy: 11:02am On Dec 27, 2020
BTC to the moon. I've made over 600k since Tuesday, 1 million since the end(28th) of November . Thank God I didn't put my money on TBills. I'm expecting a Correction/ Pullback by Wednesday(yr end) so I'll put out my money soon and buy the Dip.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 11:12am On Dec 27, 2020
Osirawboy:
BTC to the moon. I've made over 600k since Tuesday, 1 million since the end(28th) of November . Thank God I didn't put my money on TBills. I'm expecting a Correction/ Pullback by Wednesday(yr end) so I'll put out my money soon and buy the Dip.
Congratulations
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2020
Osirawboy:

All of una wey dey go moon. Hope you have your parachute and your eject button is functional.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2020
afroxyz:

Is there a way to start a thread or group for cypt** enthusiasts like us. I know ogogorofreak used to operate one back in the day. Don't knlw what came of it

Was part of one recently before it was shut down. Rule 16 says don't promote it. I wonder if that also includes discussions.

Once sent a message to the @mods asking them to review that rule. Since there is no known thread, it gives room for scammers to run amock.

Surprised that the rule still exists yet the most recurring adverts on this site have to do with it. I know it'd be changed someday but wondering how long.

Perhaps @Seun still thiks it's a scam but has no qualms collecting his ad revenue from exchanges who advertise here... Just thinking...if he thinks its a scam, wouldn't allowing sich ads also be supporting it?

It would be interesting to know his views on it and why that rule still persists.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SamReinvented: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2020
afroxyz:

All of una wey dey go moon. Hope you have your parachute and your eject button is functional.

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2020
afroxyz:

Adoption is still quite early and most folks in it now endured the brutality of the 3 year bear market and perhaps the March crash. Let us enjoy this. We waited 3 years for it. The most important thing is risk management and trading a bull market as one not a bear at least till it's over.

We know a likely brutal bear market will ensue unexpectedly likely after the halving backed bull run is done. We'd ride that too...

Lord knows I'm already getting ready for the 2024 post-halving bull.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pafra(m): 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2020
janga:

Crypto tradin is not like stock exchange, traders activate stop loss once they re on profit & still bullish. once your stoploss hit and exchange automatic to usdt then u re still on profit weather btc crash to $1k or whatever amount that same time if u re sleepin bcz usdt is stable currency and pegged to us dollar

It is not everyone that understand this. You need to be trained to understand

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Osirawboy: 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
afroxyz:

I don activate stop loss for my account since
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2020
jedisco:

To add to this, for those who trade, it's good to know what you're good at...

Are you a day trader, a swing trader or a HTF trader?... I usually prefer to trade the high time frame and I'm less concerned about daily movements. I believe it's in major movements that most money is made or lost. Truth be said, betece usually gives 2-3 of such major moves a year.

Betece has been running the party for almost 3 months now. I believe over the next two months, the major money will move to altz.. That's how the market cycles. I might be wrong but thats how I playing it. Selling your altz into betece now may not be advisable. Its like selling the bottom ti buy the top. I've made such errors in the past and lost out on both ends

Take a step back and see that betece has crossed all time high... It's likely others will make good moves.
With altz, entry and exit is everything... 20k to 28k on betece is a 40% move... When the time is ripe, some altz will give double that percentage in weeks... Already some have printed delicious candles. Just remember to take profits along tge way cos the volatility will be huge too.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jmanity: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
jedisco:

Adoption is still quite early and most folks in it now endured the brutality of the 3 year bear market and perhaps the March crash. Let us enjoy this. We waited 3 years for it. The most important thing is risk management and trading a bull market as one not a bear at least till it's over.

We know a likely brutal bear market will ensue unexpectedly likely after the halving backed bull run is done. We'd ride that too...

Lord knows I'm already getting ready for the 2024 post-halving bull.

A bear market will come but I don't it will be as brutal as you think. This period is different from the last time betece attained ATH. This time we have institutional investors like BlackRock, MicroStrategy, PayPal, Square etc.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
jmanity:

A bear market will come but I don't it will be as brutal as you think. This period is different from the last time betece attained ATH. This time we have institutional investors like BlackRock, MicroStrategy, PayPal, Square etc.

And when the mentioned above drops...Then you will understand the meaning of WHALES BEAR

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2020
jmanity:

Hehe... I wouldn't totally agree with you on this. I rely on technical analysis (TA) and price action mainly but fact is there's always something in the news to serve as a distraction.

When a bear market start, na you go dey vex say why everybody dey sell every 5 percent rise. Fact is I knew this rally would cone but I didn't guess it'd be this strong. Nothing goes up in a straight line and when the real bear market comes, the dips would be deeper than everyone envisaged. The whales you're talking of sometimes fuell those dips to fill their bags. All that's needed may be rumours that a few of them are emptying their bags. One thing I'd agree with is that with money in it mow, the market should move slower.
One thing I like about this market is that it generally respects TA.
Look at the chart we're trading. The only reason why I'm still in it is because it broke ATH and I knew a significant move will ensue.

For example, look at Eithy... Earlier today general consensus was it and others were dead... All of a sudden, its goes 10 percent... Wait for the coming days. I believe it'd reach its ATH too which is double its current value... As it approaches there, watch what its little brothers do. The market is designed to trick the majority and reward the patient.

Already, thetha has given me over 100 percent in about 2 weeks while everyone was screaming on betece...

There is a reason why some of us are patient to wait for the altz season, moreso when the conditions are ripe. It's because you can double your portfolio under 2 weeks of a proper season... Case in point, link went from 4 to 20 earlier this year. I don't want to tell you what that did to my portfolio eventhough it was just the first 2/3 I rode.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
handsomebolanle:

And when the mentioned above drops...Then you will understand the meaning of WHALES BEAR

Can you attach the original article? It looks likean old one. Most major financial news outlets such as Bloomberg and Forbes have changed their tone of reporting about it.

It's still a relatively small market and that's why I'm excited about it... Cos the room for growth is tremendous.

I believe this market has survived it's worst and is slowly getting to mass adoption. Most regulators are well aware and have gone through it. Their focus now is on making sure traders have full ID and that they pay tax on their gains.

One area still a bit grey is the stable coyns which are made to match the value of day to day fiat currencies and are not volatile. They're meant to be backed by dollars or other securities. Their rate of growth may seem that they're not fully backed. I know Facebook and a consortium of other companies were looking at building one at a time.

But the mass printing of the dollar and the fact that most citizens from nations with rapidly depreciating currencies turn to it will drive its value up with time.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
afroxyz:

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6333390/economic-crisis-naira-fall-further

From this report above,
If the CBN pulls this off (their whole talk about interest rates going up going into 2021)

The equities market will definitely feel it undecided

Imagine for example T Bill's rate hovering between 8-12%
In 2021?
Anyways let's keep observing
And be on the lookout

(1) (2) (3) ... (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: dwyseone(m), aieromon(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.