Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4450677 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:26am On Dec 28, 2020
afroxyz:

Who dey talk NSE? When people trust the system, those type of gains can be replicated here. Trust is the blood of every financial system. If investors cant be guranteed that there is a level playing ground they would hide their money or divert to other asset classes to lock in their capital such as gold and real estate.

Exactly
The lack of trust to me is a very serious limiting factor in our markets

That's a major reason why our market cap is not as big as it should be...

The Americans over the decades have been able to build and establish TRUST and CREDIBILITY
That's why the Capital inflow from virtually every corner of the earth finds it's way there

I really wished we had the same mindset as a people and society here
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
afroxyz:

Baba. Let it not make you bored o. Remember trading/investing is 90% psychology. You have to rein your emotions when others are drunk with euphoria. Besides when shit hits the fan na those 'borubg assets people go use hold body las las. But why do u find stocks boring? Zoom shares have returned 553% this year. Peloton 558%, NIO over 1,100%. So it depends on where you are looking.

Any capital appreciation that is not backed by figures, fundamentals and growth in the earnings and revenue of the business will be short lived

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
DexterousOne:

There has been some reform and some regulatory changes since the fiasco of 2008/2009 during which anything went

I would say that the NSE is in a better place now than it was then.
The NSE still has some opportunities for those who seek it, and sometimes, the best bargains are the companies with not so big names

I for one have looked into that courier company RedStar
I have been looking into their statements, and from my own personal judgement, I believe some value holds in that company, hence I am loading up on that company in phases
Now this is my own judgement, not a recommendation for anyone
Due diligence is still needed

That said
The main risks with this our beloved NSE grin grin
Is Mr. Inflation and Mr. Devaluation
(Other risks also exists, such as corporate failure of the individual companies and all that, but I feel that the aforementioned are the two biggest for me)
Picking good companies and periodically reviewing their statements, you cannot go wrong most of the time doing just that

I agree with you on the NSE.

The devaluation and the fact that it's getting easier to trade foreign stocks has also contributed. You can easily buy stock of U.S companies now.
Also, with CBN cutting the TB rates, the growth in our stock market should continue. If it continues being profitable, moreso to the lay man who just wants to buy and hold, overtime, people will begin to troop in. It's those willing to buy and hold that really gives a market it's base.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Any capital appreciation that is not backed by figures, fundamentals and growth in the earnings and revenue of the business will be short lived

Zoom’s revenue for Q3 2020 increased 85% on an annualized basis. Q2 Revenue was up by over 90%. Profit has also been on the increase in the last 4 quarters. Peloton's revenue has been on the increase for the last 4 quarters too. The company has been profitable for the last two. NIO though has not been profitable, but losses on an annualized basis have been declinjng, with revenue incresing. Plus the comoany has a lot of backing from the chinese givernment and is operating in the world's largest EV market which implies more room for growth.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2020
afroxyz:

Baba. Let it not make you bored o. Remember trading/investing is 90% psychology. You have to rein your emotions when others are drunk with euphoria. Besides when shit hits the fan na those 'borubg assets people go use hold body las las. But why do u find stocks boring? Zoom shares have returned 553% this year. Peloton 558%, NIO over 1,100%. So it depends on where you are looking.

Yeah...
It's good to diversify but also not be jack of all trade and master of none. They both follow similar principles but creptow relies mainly on demand and supply, price action and better respects technical analysis. For passive income I look other ways except I see a very good opportunity. For now, I cant combine both so I stick to the one I know well.

The U.S stocks this year has been just as volatile as the creptow market we're used to.
Most of the stocks rose on the back of speculation. Also, with countries printing lots of cash out of no where and ease of access to trade US stocks internationally, we see where the rise has come from. I still think its largely inflated now though but markets can stay that way for a long time. Those percentages are scary to be honest especially if not backed by fundamentals.

In Nigeria today, it even seems easier for the layman to trade creptow than trade stocks. Numerous exchanges advertise on NL, numerous resources exist online to teach new folks and same fundamental driving price is equivalent worldwide.
The bull run we're experiencing in creptow now took 3-4 years to cook

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamoluwatobi:
Season greetings to you.

In a bid to attain financial freedom and sustain exponential financial growth, many have lost their money to one investment or the other or one financial scheme for reasons unknown.

Here, any investment you bring to the table, we give you 20% ROI (Return on Investment) in 30 days!

What do we do?
1. Funds management
2. Real Estate
3. Cryptocurrency trading
4. Forex
5. Oil and gas

WhatsApp on 0*7*0*3*0*3*0*3*2*3*0
Let's deal and have a wonderful new year ahead

They are here again 20% monthly grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:
For busy risk averse people that would rather focus on their jobs and real life hustle, the money market/fixed income market is just more straightforward and can be done by anyone. Simply put your money in Tbills, bonds, etc and continue your hustle.

Unfortunately, the rates don crash so risk averse people must enter equities market to get better returns. But these returns come at the expense of one’s time and high stress levels. The manipulations at some companies and those by the speculators and big boys is enough to give man pikin heart attack. Is it worth it?

Personally, for equities (my preference is foreign equities sha), I think investing indirectly through solid mutual funds and letting the fund managers deal with all the wahala of diversification, monitoring and rebalancing is more efficient for busy folks. I will gladly pay the management fees and avoid dealing with all the wahala.

My opinion...
I Dey tell you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:
For busy risk averse people that would rather focus on their jobs and real life hustle, the money market/fixed income market is just more straightforward and can be done by anyone. Simply put your money in Tbills, bonds, etc and continue your hustle.

Unfortunately, the rates don crash so risk averse people must enter equities market to get better returns. But these returns come at the expense of one’s time and high stress levels. The manipulations at some companies and those by the speculators and big boys is enough to give man pikin heart attack. Is it worth it?

Personally, for equities (my preference is foreign equities sha), I think investing indirectly through solid mutual funds and letting the fund managers deal with all the wahala of diversification, monitoring and rebalancing is more efficient for busy folks. I will gladly pay the management fees and avoid dealing with all the wahala.

My opinion...

This is exactly what I am doing with the Rise Platform
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
afroxyz:

I hope the bull market lasts for a while. Imagine making 100% and more in just a few weeks or months. God of stock market, abeg o! make e continue. Make i chop wella.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
Phraences:

I hope the bull market lasts for a while. Imagine making 100% and more in just a few weeks or months. God of stock market, abeg o! make e continue. Make i chop wella.
100% in just few weeks? Na penny stocks you dey trade?What goes up must come down

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2020
afroxyz:

100% in just few weeks? Na penny stocks you dey trade?What goes up must come down

Tapping into the SPAC craze.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
Phraences:

You must like high risk investments. That’s a bubble waiting to burst.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

You must like high risk investments. That’s a bubble waiting to happen.

Leave them, they will soon learn the hard way. A lot of gamblers thinking they are Investing.

100% in a year is an exception and not the norm, expecting 100% in a few weeks is something else

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
richforever123:

This is exactly what I am doing with the Rise Platform

Wrote SEC about them last week, I hope to get a reply from them after the holidays

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 1:03am On Dec 29, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Topcrafts(m): 11:39am On Dec 29, 2020
RayRay06677:

Poverty and wealthiness layeth in the minds of the beholder. As Barry, i once asked in this very thread who is a rich man and nobody could answer convincingly. I might be poor to you or rich to you, that is inconsequential in my assessment. If you understand the law of contentment then you will overcome that poor vs rich mentality. I have never dreamt of being a dangote, his money his headache, all I want is a billion naira and I retire, that still wouldn't make me rich neither am I poor now. It is what it is and don't let your neighbours define you for you. Do the definition of yourself by yourself. Ponzi is bad but legit business called ponzi by illiterates is not bad. Don't follow the multitudes that perceive and accuse but do some reading and research so your illiteracy on a subject matter wouldn't be pronounced in public. I repeat, businesses fails in naija, even the govt is failing, a one man business can fail doesn't make it a ponzi scheme. Sukuk recently couldn't pay on said date, that wasn't ponzi but MBA couldn't pay and it was ponzi. Good news is that some people are cashing out. I wish I have time to learn the trading myself. Learn to discuss what you know and not what you don't know. Those calling forex trade ponzi, kindly tell us what you know about forex. I am ready to learn. Happy Christmas, my best Christmas ever, last two weeks saw me do VGIF with over 26m because of ponzi, emasoft feel free to confirm. That was unprecedented, all I want is clean money and am getting it, what is crashing should crash and what is paying should pay. Pipminds has a trading house for VIP and executive with 50k rent a month you trade on your own with instructors to guide you. People are cashing out, if you are busy then they trade for you. So my brothers, don't give people your money, trade it yourself with guidance so it wouldn't be ponzi. I am too busy, they trade for me and am seeing returns. Bye, see you in Christmas

I am thinking of withdrawing my money from this FOREX investment of a thing ooo.

I just don't know how much these people make per month that make them to be giving us 20% or 30% per month. I'm just being scared sha.

An investor was giving me 20% since June till now but I found an investor that gives people 25%, now I want to move my investment to the one that pays 25% but I'm being skeptical.

Possibly, I may stop putting money into the investment anytime before it turns to MMM experience.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 29, 2020
Topcrafts:

I am thinking of withdrawing my money from this FOREX investment of a thing ooo.

I just don't know how much these people make per month that make them to be giving us 20% or 30% per month. I'm just being scared sha.

An investor was giving me 20% since June till now but I found an investor that gives people 25%, now I want to move my investment to the one that pays 25% but I'm being skeptical.

Possibly, I may stop putting money into the investment anytime before it turns to MMM experience.

Forex just be like betting. You go play Naira bet with money wey you work hard for?

Na the new code wey yahoo boys dey use chop maga o. No genuine investment can give you those kind returns. I’m sure you know these.

Why do I feel like you just want to advertise another ‘forex investment’

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Topcrafts(m): 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2020
Please, who knows about this company called Quintessential?
https://www.quintessentialinvestment.ng/

This is the company that has being given people 25% monthly interest on their investment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrMcJay(m): 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2020
Topcrafts:

Call your Pastor, Doctor and Lawyer to greet them. You will need them around you in a few weeks.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donsheddy: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
MrMcJay:

Call your Pastor, Doctor and Lawyer to greet them. You will need them around you in a few weeks.

hahahahahahahaha.....
aswear, he will definitely need them

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
Phraences:

My problem with SPACs is that companies dont undergo the same rigour when going through the usual IPO. Many companies coming through SPACs have not made profit. It is merely investors speculating on future returns. Secondly, the market (US) is already in the extreme greed zone (You can check CNN Fear/Greed index). At this stage investors are overconfident and are pumping money into the market (because of the vaccine news). This is the usually last stage before market falls from the cliff.

The SPAC craze is merely Wall Street guys coming to have a piece of the action before shit goes south. That same reason we are having record IPOs in the US market this year. The outcome of Nikola and outrageous IPOs of Airbnb and Doordash are examples.

So anything SPAC I'm usually cautious. I prefer companies that are have been proven to be profitable
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2020
MrMcJay:

So apt grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 5:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
Topcrafts:

Chairman follow your mind, na your money. I only did away with my money, I don't count that amount as my assets. Do the same or get your money back. I am still enjoying my roi,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
Ponzi advert.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
Osirawboy:
Still waiting for Altcoin season.. I bought 289 ripple XRP in mid November for about 100k, now it worth 40k sad cry . As soon as I see a 150% increase grin I'll sell this Shitcoin. With the US SEC lawsuit against ripple I thought. But I'll jst wait till end of February 2021 to see
I trade d shit and I ve recover my cash back bought at 113 sold at 130 bought back at 120 sold at 156 like dat til i bought at 365 and it never rise again so i sold at 275 and buy at 100 and re sell at 130 ...i ve set order to buy at 50# now once i buy ,i sell at 90 if it reaches or hold till one useless pump show up and re buy.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Samson1104(m): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hallenjay:
I trade d shit and I ve recover my cash back bought at 113 sold at 130 bought back at 120 sold at 156 like dat til i bought at 365 and it never rise again so i sold at 275 and buy at 100 and re sell at 130 ...i ve set order to buy at 50# now once i buy ,i sell at 90 if it reaches or hold till one useless pump show up and re buy.

how do I buy? wanna purchase
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
Samson1104:

how do I buy? wanna purchase
hahahhah, newbie, u will just loose ur cash. Xrp is facing sec battle whc will determine it's survival. Luno n binance can sell for u.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Samson1104(m): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hallenjay:
hahahhah, newbie, u will just loose ur cash. Xrp is facing sec battle whc will determine it's survival. Luno n binance can sell for u.

you're saying now is not a good time to buy?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Osirawboy: 10:24am On Dec 30, 2020
Hallenjay:

Nice strategy.. I go jst forget am there till sometime next yr like those people wey buy bitcoin for $20 for since 7years.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 10:40am On Dec 30, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Wrote SEC about them last week, I hope to get a reply from them after the holidays

Great!!! Please do share your finding

(1) (2) (3) ... (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.