Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429376 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DUNKA(m): 9:37am On Dec 25, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 10:09am On Dec 25, 2020
There is no greater way to celebrate this Christmas than spreading love, sharing happiness, and creating magical moments with loved ones.
MerryChristmas

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 11:04am On Dec 25, 2020
Today being a Christmas day, delicious food is available in the neighborhood main reason lazy youth may not disturbed this thread for now.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2020
DexterousOne:

Well said
Every other person comes here and contribute based on his/her own background and experience
That kid on the other hand just comes here to constitute a nuisance

That is how to spot an empty barrel
Noise making

You this boy, What investment or life background and experience does a learner like you have? You need to just shut up and observe when your elders are talking here. Stop giving investment advice! Period.

Trust me, in real life a corper like you will be slapped for trying to talk when experienced people are talking.

Please don’t compare yourself to audio billionaire at all o. That guy get job and has life and investment experience. You on the other hand are just a puppy. No investment, no life experience.

Go find a job very quickly and when you start investing hard earned money you can come here to talk. That’s a free advice for a lazy Nigerian youth like you.

Abeg go read Buhari imaginary report in your dreams boy!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2020
DrAkpa:

MBA alerts as at 21st.
Haters on this thread on premium tears.

Ahiboilandgas, emmanuelewumi, ogogorofreak ntoooo

https://punchng.com/rivers-forex-investors-panic-over-operators-alleged-collapse/?amp=1

https://www.nairaland.com/6330623/sec-disowns-forex-investor-calls

I saw a large crowd gathered in MBA forex with premium tears

The ponzi has crashed this all important December.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2020
unite4real:

https://punchng.com/rivers-forex-investors-panic-over-operators-alleged-collapse/?amp=1

https://www.nairaland.com/6330623/sec-disowns-forex-investor-calls

I saw a large crowd gathered in MBA forex with premium tears

I hope this experience teaches people a lesson
But my bet is...

Some wont learn
Despite everything that happened with MMM
Still many did not learn

Like I said before
The SEC really needs to step up and protect Nigerians from this carnage
It is not enough to just "disown" them

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2020
What kind of "business" really gives >20% PER MONTH?
When established businesses who returned that level of NET RETURNS ANNUALLY will be at least applauded
35% net returns annually
That management must be stellar!

Someone now comes to tell Nigerians that they can deliver such high returns MONTHLY and people believed them
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
DexterousOne:

I hope this experience teaches people a lesson
But my bet is...

Some wont learn
Despite everything that happened with MMM
Still many did not learn

Like I said before
The SEC really needs to step up and protect Nigerians from this carnage
It is not enough to just "disown" them

True. What I find uncomfortable with is the fact that SEC will never do anything until the schemes collapse and investors begin to cry for help. At this point, they washed their hands off by disclaiming.

They need to do more than this

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
unite4real:

True. What I find uncomfortable with is the fact that SEC will never do anything until the schemes collapse and investors begin to cry for help. At this point, they washed their hands off by disclaiming.

They need to do more
Like a lot more
Clampdown really hard on these fraudsters

But then, how are we sure that the same Nigerians that the SEC is trying to protect wont turn on them
Calling the SEC enemy of progress and all that

Those guys are trying though
But they can do better

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

Look at this one. People are talking, you self wan follow talk. Better go and look for a job to better your life and condition. I bet those days you were making noise here like an experienced investor, a lot of people thought you were a big man not knowing you were a common corper wey dey try fade from Naija due to lack of job. Until I expose you.

Please don’t upset me this Xmas o. Audio youth like you wey dey talk say he better pass CBN Governor. Give yourself better konk for your head you this boy. E be like say na star wey you dey drink with that 50 dollars wey your brother send you for Xmas dey deceive you this night. Better go follow your mates talk.
grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bakosokoto: 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ibrahim505:
Today being a Christmas day, delicious food is available in the neighborhood main reason lazy youth may not disturbed this thread for now.
It is your likes that derail this forum, why drawing a sleeping lion tail?
People complained he/she disturbed the thread, he/she kept cool and you're still not satisfied. So what else do you want?
And for those not happy or having anxiety over his/her investigative prowess, it only shows a good number of people on this thread are double faced (claiming what they are not). Truth said in the morning should still remain nothing but the truth when you reference it even at night. Be yourself and not trying keeping up appearances to impress, it does you no good. Nobody on this thread feeds you or pay your bills.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2020
DexterousOne:

They need to do more
Like a lot more

But then, how are we sure that the same Nigerians that the SEC is trying to protect wont turn on them

But they can do better
I think the SEC was warning about MMM
I cant remember so clearly
But I think they were

But Nigerians (well some of them) did not take heed
But then, I believe the SEC should do even more
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2020
DexterousOne:

Okay dimwitted kid
Constituting nuisance as expected of you
We have heard your silly, incoherent and ridiculous rants once again
Run along now

Merry Xmas to you too boy wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2020
At least no once can call the boss Seun audio or small boy.
I wonder if he can restore sanity back here after peeping in here.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2020
DexterousOne:

They need to do more
Like a lot more

But they can do better

It happened during MMM scheme.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
unite4real:

SEC can't be everywhere, you can also act as a whistle blower to SEC.

I always send mails to SEC to explain the status of Investment promoters to me and I advise people accordingly

NBC should stop the advertisement of Ponzi schemes on radios and televisions

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2020
DexterousOne:

As usual
Rambling and rambling with no substance
Call me a "boy" all you want
That's your own prerogative
And your fundamental human right as a nigerian

However, you are living a sad and pathetic life
You just dont know it

All I did as a professional was to correct you on your mistake, on that your talk on "unearned income "
You could not accept that you were wrong

And you went digging through my many old posts, as the jobless simpleton that you are, in order to look for the smallest thing to "discredit me"

Only for you to post old posts of mine, and then make ridiculous assumptions about someone you dont know personally
That's really messed up you know?

Calling me an "audio" person ceaselessly and baselessly
I wonder whether you are even a B.Sc graduate sef, because if you were you would have understood that sometimes (and in certain circumstances) there is a time lag between when someone finishes his studies and when he is cleared for youth service
But that chapter is closed, no need to reopen it

Now you are on Ahib case
Spewing crap about someone who is ahead of you in life

Imagine the bolded comment up there
Someone comes here to make posts based on his own experiences and what he knows
And someone else is assuming that others thought I was an experienced person

Does that even make sense to you ?
What is wrong with what I have been posting ?
Posting information based on your own sphere is now a crime right ?

Now you assume that because I made moves to emigrate from the country
I must be an unemployed person
And a frustrated person
As if it is an unemployed person that can even opt in for Express entry

How ridiculous
When Ahib was making those claims about your youtube ventures and all those other things he said
I couldn't make judgements based on that
And call you an efulefu
Because as all sensible people do
You dont make wild assumptions and judgements
Based on just posts

I'll tell you this thing
Better fix your self esteem issues
It will do you a lot of good
Attention seeking on a faceless forum will not add value to you
I suggest you go for therapy
It will do you a lot of good

Typing long epistle?
A lot of spare time I guess.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas Everyone

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
@craleomic, don't get me wrong.I am not one of those people who sees a shovel and call it a spade.I am a straight shooter and that I will remain till my last breath even if it will cause my relationship with anybody.The street where I grew up and which represents real life and not this fake once filled in social media. The rule has never changed whether your gender starts with F or M.I f you exbit uncontrollable madness.The treatment has never changed.It is better flogging to reset your brain or calm you down.I highly don't take rubbish maybe because of my Early training or upbringing.I respect alot, womanhood. And those who strive to represent the posture of a lady,I adore them
The funny part of it, is I don't give a rat ass about people opinions.I only act when your opinion is beginning to affect something that adds to my learning process or your are being a nuisance in an environment I find myself

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

SEC can't be everywhere, you can also act as a whistle blower to SEC.

I always send mails to SEC to explain the status of Investment promoters to me and I advise people accordingly

NBC should stop the advertisement of Ponzi schemes on radios and televisions

Just came back from my in laws place on the Island and I saw the advert of one of the digital agricultural Investment promoters from Adeniji to Iyana Oworo.

SEC ought to be hard on all Investment promoters who seeking funds from the public, another one called Oxford Agric has a massive bill board at Maryland Lagos
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oxx4: 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
That Oxford is actually everywhere. Even the CEO was awarded by Business day. SEC is not doing enough the curtail this nonsense. People will learn the hard way
emmanuelewumi:

Just came back from my in laws place on the Island and I saw the advert of one of the digital agricultural Investment promoters from Adeniji to Iyana Oworo.

SEC ought to be hard on all Investment promoters who seeking funds from the public, another one called Oxford Agric has a massive bill board at Maryland Lagos

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas everyone. We should also know that most of these ponzi scheme operators have license to operate legally, making it more difficult for SEC to aggressively go after them. As long as Nigerians are always willing to make quick and unrealistic profits, ponzi scheme operators will always have their way.

I learnt my lessons in the 90s when my family lost over 800k to plan-well ponzi operators.

I still support the motion for SEC to aggressively go after all ponzi operators in Nigeria, though it won't be easy for SEC, because almost all the ponzi scheme operators also pay taxes just as they are legally licensed. So govt have their own share from the whole criminal process.

emmanuelewumi:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2020
Donbrig:
Merry Christmas everyone. We should also know that most of these ponzi scheme operators have license to operate legally, making it more difficult for SEC to aggressively go after them. As long as Nigerians are always willing to make quick and unrealistic profits, ponzi scheme operators will always have their way.

I learnt my lessons in the 90s when my family lost over 800k to plan-well ponzi operators.

I still support the motion for SEC to aggressively go after all ponzi operators in Nigeria, though it won't be easy for SEC, because almost all the ponzi scheme operators also pay taxes just as they are legally licensed. So govt have their own share from the whole criminal process.

Registering your business with Corporate Affairs Commission, is different from registering with SEC..

Any company that wants to take money from the public for Investment purposes or fund management must be registered and regulated by SEC

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ponzi and various forms of multi layer marketing (MLM) are illegal in a lot of countries except there is a product attached to it.
emmanuelewumi:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Agric truely pays but not in the way most digital agricultural schemes market it.......I once was discussing with a posh babe and couldnt stop laughing histerically when she told me Yams grows on trees, yes she said yams grows on trees and are harvested by plucking the way they pluck mangoes and guavas from trees.........

This was someone coming to seek my advice on the choice of digital agricultural scheme to invest into

A lot of people investing into this schemes fall into this category never understanding the nature of the risk involved

many farmers in my community are still grappling the havoc caused by covid 19.....so many crops failed as many farmsrs were locked down

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2020
In that case, all financial firms should be under the radar of SEC.

emmanuelewumi:

Registering your business with Corporate Affairs Commission, is different from registering with SEC..

Any company that wants to take money from the public for Investment purposes or fund management must be registered and regulated by SEC
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2020
Donbrig:
In that case, all financial firms should be under the radar of SEC.

Banks are regulated by CBN and SEC, all public companies ie those that sold shares to the public are also regulated by SEC

Fund managers, Investment banking firms are regulated by SEC
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2020
Donbrig:

What a lot of people don’t understand is that it is very difficult to differentiate a Ponzi scheme from a high risk investment proposal. There are actually a lot of genuine businesses out there taking money from members of the public and investing in high risk/high reward ventures. Unfortunately, most lose investors’ funds. And this happens every where in the world. Even in countries that the SEC is actively monitoring and regulating investments.

No be every high risk investment be ponzi.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2020
It is very hard for the SEC to prove that an investment is a Ponzi scheme. Madoff ran his Ponzi scheme successfully for so many years in the US of all places.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ibrahim505:
Why are you guys looking for his trouble
You guys complain of his posts and you keep calling him out. I tire for una grin grin grin
Lazyyouth I hail o

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.