Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1763) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436942 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) (1764) (1765) (1766) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Per month.

Ah then I will choose that option any day at retirement grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:46am On Feb 17, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

I will choose programmed withdrawal. The assets in the Retirement Savings Account will appreciate over the next 20 years, that will automatically increase my monthly payout to adjust with the performance of the fund

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:47am On Feb 17, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

If you consider the fees and other charges of the estate managers (plus some wey go gba you of some money and even your properties), you may just be better off keeping that money in Tbills grin

5% to 10% is not too much to avoid unnecessary stress, also deal with reputable names and brands in the sector

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:51am On Feb 17, 2021
I always advise people not to buy annuities for life. Buy for 10 years, 20 years etc. Be specific.

If you buy an annuity that will pay you for life, and the person dies after 2 years. The company has legally fulfilled the agreement.

But if it was bought for 20 years and anything happens in 2 years, the balance in the fund will go to your beneficiaries

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:55am On Feb 17, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Using the 37.5 million to buy FG bond at 10%. Will pay you 312k per month for 20 years and you still have your N37.5 million to collect in 20 years time.

The value of N37.5 million in 20 years time is a topic for another day

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

5% to 10% is not too much to avoid unnecessary stress, also deal with reputable names and brands in the sector

Great. But the estate manager won’t pay the rent of a problem tenant that has refused to pay rent. The estate agent will not take the tenants to court and pay all the legal fees on your behalf, the estate agent will not pay you rent for the house in those years when they cannot find tenants. The estate agent will not use his money to cover the cost of major repairs and even annual maintenance of the property. The estate agent will also not buy the house from you or ensure you get a fair price when you decide to sell the house.

Their own na just to use their best efforts to find tenants and help you to collect rent and manage the tenants. Na owner of house still get all the remaining wahala involved undecided

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:30am On Feb 17, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Great. But the estate manager won’t pay the rent of a problem tenant that has refused to pay rent. The estate agent will not take the tenants to court and pay all the legal fees on your behalf, the estate agent will not pay you rent for the house in those years when they cannot find tenants. The estate agent will not use his money to cover the cost of major repairs and even annual maintenance of the property. The estate agent will also not buy the house from you or ensure you get a fair price when you decide to sell the house.

Their own na just to use their best efforts to find tenants and help you to collect rent and manage the tenants. Na owner of house still get all the remaining wahala involved undecided

Big firms have legal departments that will handle that.

They carry out due diligences of the tenants, I have one that went to the extent of getting the phone number of his boss. They don't give out houses to traders, businessmen, contractors and other people with a source of income that is not steady.

I prefer tenants, that the husbands and wives have a steady source of income. If the husband is the sole source of income, it can't fly. E get why

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I prefer tenants, that the husbands and wives have a steady source of income. If the husband is the sole source of income, it can't fly. E get why

Hmm. Very interesting. What if the sole breadwinner dey work for Shell or World Bank? Will that make you change your mind? grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:00am On Feb 17, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Hmm. Very interesting. What if the sole breadwinner dey work for Shell or World Bank? Will that make you change your mind? grin

That is my own opinion.

Both of them must have a source of income. If your wife is a full time housewife, you can't be my tenant.

Different strokes for different folks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Food for thoughts

I somehow missed this post.

If I use all my earnings to buy assets that produce cash flows to meet my liabilities, then I will be screwed when for some reason, the assets can’t generate cash flows. Plus the stress involved wey go cause wear and tear on my body and soul grin

I will rather split my earnings into two parts. One part for liabilities and another part for investments and assets.

That means anything in the liabilities spending account must be spent on all my monthly/annual liabilities and enjoyment of life without fear and stress while the money in the investment account will be there investing and generating funds for retirement, emergencies and any serious future projects wink

I can’t come and kill myself cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:17am On Feb 17, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

I somehow missed this post.

If I use all my earnings to buy assets that produce cash flows to meet my liabilities, then I will be screwed when for some reason, the assets can’t generate cash flows. Plus the stress involved wey go cause wear and tear on my body and soul grin

I will rather split my earnings into two parts. One part for liabilities and another part for investments and assets.

That means anything in the liabilities spending account must be spent on all my monthly/annual liabilities and enjoyment of life without fear and stress while the money in the investment account will be there generating funds for retirement, emergencies and any serious future projects/investments wink

I can’t come and kill myself cool

Correct perceptive for 95% of us or the population, just shared what the minority few do.

They use part of their passive income to buy liabilities and flenjour, they use their active income to buy assets.

They won't use debt or loans to buy liabilities, but can use debts to buy assets, Investments or businesses

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:26am On Feb 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

That is my own opinion.

Both of them must have a source of income. If your wife is a full time housewife, you can't be my tenant.

Who will you choose from this:

(a) Dangote's daughter that is a full time housewife.

(b) A wife that works and earns 40k a month.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Opzyyy: 9:28am On Feb 17, 2021
Hello experts. I saw a post on some upcoming tbills. I would love to invest in it. Your guide will be highly appreciated. It's 450k I have, please lemme know if it's feasible. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2021
NL1960:

Who will you choose from this:

(a) Dangote's daughter that is a full time housewife.

(b) A wife that works and earns 40k a month.

Dangote's daughters are not full time house wive, they earn huge passive income. Their husbands can't be the sole provider.

Even Jim Ovia's wife is not a full time house wife, she has real estate scattered everywhere earnings hundreds of millions if not billions of Naira every year. I learnt she is the landlady of Civic Center Victoria Island Lagos.

If you truly love your wife, you won't want her to be totally dependent on you.

The keyword here is a woman who makes her own money, if the income is passive and substantial the better

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:36am On Feb 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Dangote's daughters are not full time house wive, they earn huge passive income. Their husbands can't be the sole provider.

Even Jim Ovia's wife is not a full time house wife, she has real estate scattered everywhere earnings hundreds of millions of not billions of Naira every year. I learnt she is the landlady of Civic Center Victoria Island Lagos.

If you truly love your wife, you won't want her to be totally dependent on you.

I hope you know that full time housewife does not mean that the woman does not earn income or earn passive income?. The mistake you are making which many people make is that once they say full time housewife, it means the woman does not earn anything and is fully dependent on the husband.

On the bold, so Jim Ovia's wife does all these from her house without going out on a daily basis, will you not say she is a full time housewife?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:38am On Feb 17, 2021
NL1960:

I hope you know that full time housewife does not mean that the woman does not earn income or earn passive income?. The mistake you are making which many people make is that once they say full time housewife, it means the woman does not earn anything and is fully dependent on the husband.

On the bold, so Jim Ovia's wife does all these from her house without going out on a daily basis, will you not say she is a full time housewife?.

Check the last paragraph of my statement.

The wife having a shop where she sells or she is also an employer of labour, does not make her a full time housewife
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2021
Most landlords will tell you that most of the problematic tenants are those whose wives are full time housewives. They gossip, don't mind their business, jealous of others women in the house who make their own money.

The husband will give them money to pay for Utilities, they will spend it, give her money to pay the children school fees, she will use it to sow seeds in her pastor's life or invest in MMM or MBA forex, she will owe money in the community and the husband will be expected to come and settle the debt.

The financial responsibility of her own family ie sibblings and parents will also be solely on the husband. Can you see why it requires God's grace for such a man to be financially balanced and not die before his time.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 10:42am On Feb 17, 2021
SteveOfu:
This is Extremely false.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

That is my own opinion.

That’s why man pikin wey get family must strive to own his or her own house, no matter how small. So that one won’t be at the mercy of Naija landlords and their various rules and requirements.

Walahi, common man dey suffer for Naija o grin

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamachi(f): 11:21am On Feb 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Big firms have legal departments that will handle that.

They carry out due diligences of the tenants, I have one that went to the extent of getting the phone number of his boss. They don't give out houses to traders, businessmen, contractors and other people with a source of income that is not steady.

Can you expatiate on the bolded?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:45am On Feb 17, 2021
Read the followup post and you will see that he has explained his reason why. Even one of the post just before yours does that.

Hamachi:
Can you expatiate on the bolded?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:52am On Feb 17, 2021
This is so funny.

I still struggle to understand why someone will take up a space in the University and then finally opt to stay at home doing nothing.

This is different from those who genuinely seek for jobs but the high unemployment rates doesn't allow them.

Some husbands do not help matters, I listened to a life program on the radio one day and a woman called to say she had not worked for 16 years because her husband prevented her from working. Funny thing is, she was a UK trained medical doctor. She said her father had also refused to speak with her in those 16 years because of that, yet the husband non gree am work.

emmanuelewumi:
Most landlords will tell you that most of the problematic tenants are those whose wives are full time housewives. They gossip, don't mind their business, jealous of others women in the house who make their own money.

The husband will give them money to pay for Utilities, they will spend it, give her money to pay the children school fees, she will use it to sow seeds in her pastor's life or invest in MMM or MBA forex, she will owe money in the community and the husband will be expected to come and settle the debt.

The financial responsibility of her own family ie sibblings and parents will also be solely on the husband. Can you see why it requires grace for such a man to be financially balanced and not die before his time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2021
ojesymsym:
This is so funny.

I still struggle to understand why someone will take up a space in the University and then finally opt to stay at home doing nothing.

This is different from those who genuinely seek for jobs but the high unemployment rates doesn't allow them.

Some husbands do not help matters, I listened to a life program on the radio one day and a woman called to say she had not worked for 16 years because her husband prevented her from working. Funny thing is, she was a UK trained medical doctor. She said her father had also refused to speak with her in those 16 years because of that, yet the husband non gree am work.

Some African men will not allow their wives to work.

When my brother-in-law asked my sister with Masters degree to stop working. I told him my sister would stop working immediately he transferred her salary for 20 years into her account.

If he wanted to pay in installments, I will keep the fund for her until it was fully paid

Funny enough he told my sister to drop out of the Master's degree program when they were dating eventhough he was not the one paying the school fees, because her maiden was on her first degree and will also be on her second degree. Can you see mentality.

8 years after the guy has not been able to transfer her salary for a year into her account.

The female doctor who decided to be a house wife for 16 years because of her husband, do you know if the husband paid her N100 million to stay at home and she has invested part of the fund, thereby making her personal money

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:08pm On Feb 17, 2021
I do not know if she was paid, but she was clearly not happy from her narration on radio that day. She said she had even threatened the man that she would kill herself but the man simply refused to bulge.

But some non wan work at all sha.
emmanuelewumi:

When my brother-in-law asked my sister with Masters degree to stop working. I told him my sister would stop working immediately he transferred her salary for 20 years into her account.

If he wanted to pay in installments, I will keep the fund for her until it was fully paid

Funny enough he told my sister to drop out of the Master's degree program when they were dating eventhough he was not the one paying the school fees, because her maiden was on her first degree and will also be on her second degree. Can you see mentality.

8 years after the guy has not been able to transfer her salary for a year into her account.

The female doctor who decided to be a house wife for 16 years because of her husband, do you know if the husband paid her N100 million to stay at home and she has invested part of the fund, thereby making her personal money
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2021
ojesymsym:
I do not know if she was paid, but she was clearly not happy from her narration on radio that day. She said she had even threatened the man that she would kill herself but the man simply refused to bulge.

But some non wan work at all sha.

She should grow up, an adult is responsible for the consequences of his or her actions and inactions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I think it’s a matter of choice. Believe it or not, there are some women (and even men) that accept to be stay at home spouses provided the other spouse is in an employment that pays very well.

These decisions are not made to ridicule anyone or make them suffer. They do it for the good of their kids when the kids are still very young. Imagine a home where husband and wife are career oriented professionals working long hours including constant travel. The kids suffer. Many kids that are raised by nannies don’t turn out well. Something has to give.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree o. But I understand where these people are coming from and respect those that jointly agree on this arrangement when the kids are very young. Many go back to work when the kids become self sufficient.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

I think it’s a matter of choice. Believe it or not, there are some women (and even men) that accept to be stay at home spouses provided the other spouse is in an employment that pays very well.

These decisions are not made to ridicule anyone but for the good of their kids. Imagine a home where husband and wife are career oriented professionals working long hours including constant travel. The kids suffer. Many kids that are raised by nannies don’t turn out well. Something has to give.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree o. But I understand where these people are coming from and respect those that jointly agree on this arrangement when the kids are very young. Many go back to work when the kids become self sufficient.

Different strokes for different folks.

Not necessarily a career woman,but must have a source of income that is independent of the husband.

Any man that wants his wife to be a full time housewife should set up a business for her, if she is a career woman pay her her salary for 15 years to 20 years. At least the funds from the business or Investment income from the 15 years to 20 years salary will provided a substantial passive income for her

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2021
I have a neighbour he is a top manager in one of the biggest security companies in Lagos. The Edo man did not allow his wife to work for 10 years, it took the intervention of his pastor and father-in-law before he allowed the woman to start working about 4 years ago.

The woman was lucky to get a good job with one of the FG parastals in Lagos.

The man has been on 40% salary since May 2020 because of Covid 19 and also paying corporative society loans at his place of work. So the man had little or nothing at the end of the month.

Thank God the man is a landlord and not paying rent, imagine what his landlord would have been subjected to

It was the wife who now settled the children's school fees outstanding debts and now paying the school fees of the 3 children

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
For a man like me with total valuation of less than 20million, how do i go about investment properties and estate managers(Agents)......................... I can swear by IFA that many estate managers within my picks are as wicked as Tenants................... The Good ones charge exhorbitant fees, when then would one recoup his investment...................
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2021
maishai:
For a man like me with total valuation of less than 20million, how do i go about investment properties and estate managers(Agents)......................... I can swear by IFA that many estate managers within my picks are as wicked as Tenants................... The Good ones charge exhorbitant fees, when then would one recoup his investment...................

You need a home and not an investment property at this point in time.

To rely on rental income for sustenance at retirement you need a minimum of 4 Investment properties and 12 tenants my opinion though

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2021
me and my wife cant work same time, she worked and I was a house husband, I found a better job, she resigned and became a house wife, few years I will retire then she starts any business of her choice while I return to house husband.

if my wife sees a paying job that pays more than what I make today, I will resign so she works. I do enjoy staying at home and control the ATM especially now that I have what to fall back to. My kids has never attended school lessons, dot 2pm the car is at the gate for pick up. I pity kids who stay till 5pm just because the parents are both working. I asked the proprietor what they teach after school that they cant teach during school hours and he told me parents demand for it because of their job. Do we ever think of the impact on kids and their future, I CANT LEAVE MY KIDS FOR STRANGER.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
I have a neighbour he is a top manager in one of the biggest security companies in Lagos. The Edo man did not allow his wife to work for 10 years, it took the intervention of his pastor and father-in-law before he allowed the woman to start working about 4 years ago.

The woman was lucky to get a good job with one of the FG parastals in Lagos.

The man has been on 40% salary since May 2020 because of Covid 19 and also paying corporative society loans at his place of work. So the man had little or nothing at the end of the month.

Thank God the man is a landlord and not paying rent, imagine what his landlord would have been subjected to

It was the wife who now settled the children's school fees outstanding debts and now paying the school fees of the 3 children
From an economic perspective this sounds ok.................... but from a primal perspective I don't support women working,They are the root cause of all problems in modern work place, Men generally are hierarchical with all being comfortable with his place in the Hierarchy but once women show up in workplaces the natural cause of things change......................... This things are hard to quantify in terms of money and material stuffs, but when values like respect, trust, friendship and community building are at stake please forget women, they got their place in the scheme of things but not what the modern world is trying to force us to swallow

(1) (2) (3) ... (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) (1764) (1765) (1766) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Dum20, skydiver01

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.