Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436604 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1762) (1763) (1764) (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 6:46am On Feb 18, 2021
Opzyyy:
Hello experts. I saw a post on some upcoming tbills. I would love to invest in it. Your guide will be highly appreciated. It's 450k I have, please lemme know if it's feasible. Thank you.
To add to what @emmasoft said, you can also look the way of our Ziing mobile app.
With the Ziing mobile app you can get as high as 10% per annum. (Guarantees both capital and ROI)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

To maintain your normalcy as the landlord, the man should have a steady 9 to 5 job, the wife must have an income which can also be from a full time job, part time job, business, trading, Investments etc

You initially said both spouses must have steady incomes (AKA 9 to 5 jobs) and can’t be businessmen, traders, contractors, etc wink

Looks like you have changed your mind. Means say there is still some hope for common man to rent house in Naija provided he has a ‘guaranteed’ job and can open small shop for him wife to keep her busy and stop her from gossiping and causing trouble in the compound grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 9:03am On Feb 18, 2021
Will be interesting to see the TBill stop rates at next Wednesday's auction.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:40am On Feb 18, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

You initially said both spouses must have steady incomes (AKA 9 to 5 jobs) and can’t be businessmen, traders, contractors, etc wink

Looks like you have changed your mind. Means say there is still some hope for common man to rent house in Naija provided he has a ‘guaranteed’ job and can open small shop for him wife to keep her busy and stop her from gossiping and causing trouble in the compound grin grin

Spouse must have a source of income. Sole source of income from the steady 9 to 5 job of the husband is dangerous for the rent forecast by the landlord
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Spouse must have a source of income. Sole source of income from the steady 9 to 5 job of the husband is dangerous for the rent forecast by the landlord

Okay boss. Good to know that wife now only needs a source of income and not steady 9 to 5 job for both spouses as you mentioned earlier. There is hope for man pikin afterall grin

I still don’t understand how the employment or income earning status of the wife of a well paid tenant with a steady job should concern a landlord. As a landlord, am I not better off with a tenant that has a steady job that pays very well who has a stay at home wife vs a tenant situation where both spouses have steady jobs/income with not so fantastic pay/income?

The house wife gossiping theory is kind of funny and weird at the same time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:22am On Feb 18, 2021
They usually say when everyone including your plumber is talking about a particular type of investment, then you know it is time to exit. Crypto is now in the lips of everyone, does it mean there will be premium tears for those who enter late.
Na so everybody start to de talk about stock market around 2004 to 2007 until 2008 happened

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Trustrade: 10:30am On Feb 18, 2021
Good morning oga Emma

Ahiboilandgas and everyone

Please I have these just arrived Scania 2010 Trailer head with five trailers. very good engine and suspensions plus very ok transmission. Injector type fuel system. Trailer head is 9m, trailer is 5m each

Inspection can be done anytime even today self

emmanuelewumi:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:37am On Feb 18, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Okay boss. Good to know that wife now only needs a source of income and not steady 9 to 5 job for both spouses as you mentioned earlier. There is hope for man pikin afterall grin

I still don’t understand how the employment or income earning status of the wife of a well paid tenant with a steady job should concern a landlord. As a landlord, am I not better off with a tenant that has a steady job that pays very well who has a stay at home wife vs a tenant situation where both spouses have steady jobs/income with not so fantastic pay/income?

Real funny. Gossiping is normally in face-me-i-face-you type of accommodation. Who gossips in a flat based accommodation when sometimes you might not even run into your co-tenant in three months.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:27am On Feb 18, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Purely for risk management, income from different sources is better than income from one source

I will rather have 10 tenants who pay 500k per annum, than just a tenant that pays N6 million per annum.

A couple whose combined income is N10 million per annum, is better than a family that has a sole provider that makes N12 million per annum

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 11:30am On Feb 18, 2021
What's your point?
ojesymsym:
They usually say when everyone including your plumber is talking about a particular type of investment, then you know it is time to exit. Crypto is now in the lips of everyone, does it mean there will be premium tears for those who enter late.
Na so everybody start to de talk about stock market around 2004 to 2007 until 2008 happened
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 11:31am On Feb 18, 2021
NL1960:

Real funny. Gossiping is normally in face-me-i-face-you type of accommodation. Who gossips in a flat based accommodation when sometimes you might not even run into your co-tenant in three months.
They are many in Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:42am On Feb 18, 2021
yazga:
They are many in Lagos

They don't know anything. Association of housewives will meet when they drop the children in school to gossip in the school for hours, some of them are currently gossiping after the morning service at a church near my house...as I am typing.

The devil finds work for an idle hand

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:48am On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

They don't know anything. Association of housewives will meet when they drop the children in school to gossip in the school for hours, some of them are currently gossiping after the morning service at a church near my house...as I am typing.

I took my wife second car out about 2 weeks ago, a full house wife who lives next door called my wife and said what happenned to Oga's car ? I saw him in the bank with your car. My wife said who told you it was my car, because my husband doesn't drive it doesn't mean he is not the owner of the car

That was how, she shut up the woman.

Imagine what would have happened if a side chick was with me grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2021
ojesymsym:

Is it your tears. Tears is part of the learning process. At least it will make one a better, sober and humble investor
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I took my wife second car out about 2 weeks ago, a full house wife who lives next door called my wife and said what happenned to Oga's car ? I saw him in the bank with your car. My wife said who told you it was my car, because my husband doesn't drive it doesn't mean he is not the owner of the car

The bolded is funny grin. But I won’t call it gossip na. Just a woman looking out for a fellow woman.

It’s the same way men have caught cheating wives when their fellow beer parlour member called them to inform them of their wives activities with their side boys grin

Gossip is just idle nonesense talk and decent women don’t engage in such rubbish with strangers in their compound. I hope... grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

VERY true
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
Thats pokenosing we women sabi tafia
Lazyyouth4u:

The bolded is funny grin. But I won’t call it gossip na. Just a woman looking out for a fellow woman.

It’s the same way men have caught cheating wives when their fellow beer parlour member called them to inform them of their wives activities with their side boys grin

Gossip is just idle nonesense talk and decent women don’t engage in such rubbish with strangers in their compound. I hope... grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy *Busted Niyen*

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Food for thoughts
Oga enjoy sometimes,problem no dey finish.
Going by your theory,say a young boy that is working that have saved say 20m in lagos ,of course this money wont buy him any reasonable solid asset in lagos that can generate consistent revenue,so he shouldn't buy a car because he don't have no asset to pay it off abi?
Later when one chance robbers catch am because e dey fly cab and collect all that money now,what will you say? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
I fear if it is peaking or already peaked and perhaps late comers can wait a bit to enter assuming there will be a dip.
I am just being curious and careful.
yazga:
What's your point?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2021
SeaTrade:
Going by your theory,say a young boy that is working that have saved say 20m in lagos ,of course this money wont buy him any reasonable solid asset in lagos that can generate consistent revenue,so he shouldn't buy a car because he don't have no asset to pay it off abi?
Later when one chance robbers catch am because e dey fly cab and collect all that money now,what will you say? undecided

What was shared is not meant for everyone, it is for less than 5% of the population.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 1:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What was shared is not meant for everyone, it is for less than 5% of the population.
Then you have agreed with me that money/wealth has no standard formula,ie what works for one person might not work for the next,hence posting all these cliches aren't necessary or atleast ,reserve it for that 5% of the population which I'm sure you don't even have access to upon all this wealth preaching.
I'm sure Dangote was trekking when he was still building his empire,what a joke!

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
SeaTrade:
Then you have agreed with me that money/wealth has no standard formula,ie what works for one person might not work for the next,hence posting all these cliches aren't necessary or atleast ,reserve it for that 5% of the population which I'm sure you don't even have access to upon all this wealth preaching.
I'm sure Dangote was trekking when he was still building his empire,what a joke!

The Dangote's are less than 0.01% of the population ie about 20,000 Nigerians.

The 4% about 8 million Nigerians are those who are to an extent financially independent, not referring to politicians or criminals.

They lived within their means, delayed gratification, thereby things got better over the years and maintained their standard of living, knowing that slow and steady does.

Government won't do it for them, prayer and fasting won't do it for them, tithe and offering won't for them .

They just have to take their destinies in their own hands

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The Dangote's are less than 0.01% of the population ie about 20,000 Nigerians.

The 4% about 8 million Nigerians are those who are to an extent financially independent, not referring to politicians or criminals.

They lived within their means, delayed gratification, thereby things got better over the years and maintained their standard of living, knowing that slow and steady does.

Government won't do it for them, prayer and fasting won't do it for them, tithe and offering won't for them .

They just have to take their destinies in their own hands
A car is an asset to most people,but then they've been brainwashed a lot to think that it is a liability.
Where it becomes bad is if a person buys a luxury car he doesn't need at the time.
No take because you dey save one one naira because of motivational quotes go enter one chance people their hand or waste all of your productive time and energy flying molue .
That is not financial literacy,it is outright stupidity.
I got my first car in 2nd year uni and funny enough I never still make the list of sad Nigeria statistic.
Wealth creation has no formula,period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2021
SeaTrade:
A car is an asset to most people,but then they've been brainwashed a lot to think that it is a liability.
Where it becomes bad is if a person buys a luxury car he doesn't need at the time.
No take because you dey save one one naira because of motivational quotes go enter one chance people their hand or waste all of your productive time and energy flying molue .
That is not financial literacy,it is outright stupidity.
I got my first car in 2nd year uni and funny enough I never still make the list of sad Nigeria statistic.
Wealth creation has no formula,period.

The post was not for you, different strokes for different folks.
Some have picked some things from the post, do you have any problem with that?

Anyway, you have been noticed.

Thank you very much and have a great day

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The post was not for you, different strokes for different folks.
Some have picked some things from the post, do you have any problem with that.

Anyway, you have been noticed.

Thank you very much and have a great day
The bolded is not a priority for me,it comes naturally as I am a tall guy.
Your screenshot was saying ooo buying a car with money was stupid bla bla bla...,and I asked you how many billionaires were trekking and using public transport before they blow ,you started foaming in the mouth.
Basic things are meant to be bought and used so as to help hit your goals in time,irrespective of whatever any wealth preacher says.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2021
Things are definitely looking up in the bond Market at FMDQ.

As shared by a bond dealer today.

You will need N500 million to buy them

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Things are definitely looking up in the bond Market at FMDQ.

As shared by a bond dealer today.

You will N500 million to buy them

Can we say double digits are achievable for Treasury Bills by June 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2021
SeaTrade:

If the young chap puts that 20m in some mutual funds/bonds, he can get 7 to 10% income of 1.4m to 2m which can buy him one better small car grin

By the way, why the new moniker? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akinola98: 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

If you put that 20m in some mutual funds/bonds, you can get 7 to 10% income of 1.4m to 2m which can buy one small car for the young chap grin

By the way, why this your new name? undecided lipsrsealed

Could u elaborate on the type/name of mutual fund or bond that gives 7-10% dividend in this period of low yield investment instruments?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1762) (1763) (1764) (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: blkmum700, ositadima1(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.