Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436816 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2021
yazga:
This is not true, I have used P2P countless times since the ban.

Like I said before, u need a solid escrow service for you to do P2P, else you will get scammed.

That u have used P2P countless times is not the koko here, let me tell you a short story.

We had a bulb holder that had no bulb in it, mind you I was a pre-teen back then, I will often climb a chair and stick my fingers in the holder after a power cut(Nepa was epileptic), I did that countless times, I could have electrocuted my self if Nepa restored sodenly and that would have been d end...

I guess that was my own version of the famous Russian roulette. grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Boss, maybe you are operating at 70% capacity because you dey find tenants wey husband and wife dey work grin grin

Relax this requirement to one spouse and you may just hit 100% in no time. Correct employers are still paying 100% pre-Covid salaries o wink

Referring to up to date payment rate of 70% and not occupancy rate.

It is far better to have a vacant house, than having a bad tenant in the house

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Why not sir? Husband and wife in the room then one or two kids for parlour. Kids even like it sef. Dem go watch tv and play game wella till momo grin

Landlords now have a clause in their agreements with tenants.

For 3 bedroom apartment, maximum of 8 occupants.

For 2 bedroom apartment, maximum of 5 occupants.

For 1 bedroom apartment, maximum of 3 occupants.

This is to allow effective management of the wear and tear of the property

A man has about 20 units of 1 bedroom apartment at Jibowu and Yaba axis. He doesn't give his house to married couples, married tenants are expected to move out. The maximum occupants in his apartments are 2

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Landlords now have a clause in their agreements with tenants.

For 3 bedroom apartment, maximum of 8 occupants.

For 2 bedroom apartment, maximum of 5 occupants.

For 1 bedroom apartment, maximum of 3 occupants.

This is to allow effective management of the wear and tear of the property

A man has about 20 units of 1 bedroom apartment at Jibowu and Yaba axis. He doesn't give his house to married couples, married tenants are expected to move out. The maximum occupants in his apartments are 2

This is something I can use.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2021
DigitalMallam:

Do you have the details of how I can get the bolded, contact or Link

Should have been sold out. Was in the market about 3 years ago

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

That’s why some people pay more to buy in estates. Let the estate management deal with the omoonile wahala.

Not a guarantee. Lagos State government is not different from the omo oniles

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2021
yazga:
Oga! E get where omoonile no dey for Nigeria, even when you buy a new property in Lagos, you go buy Baale drink, drop something for boys wey dey help you watch the place.
most places...over 700 k sqm no get any miscreants

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
am not a fan of rental property sha especially the once that have been over priced or has slow growth potential...or the once built for profit already... I luv developing area with growth rate above fixed income rate....200 percent on 5 years type ...so if it was me i will fix the 17m on a fgn bond at 12 to generate 2m yearly and pay the rent of 600k to the Landlord...i will also keep 1m yearly to equate the potential increase in the value of the property so when am exiting Lagos in 2031 I will have 10m +17m=27m liquid the propety will not move to 27m by 2031....zero headaches

Good analysis at Oga Ahib.

I would have easily done Tbills, if it was the good rate days.

What's the best way about this fgn bond assuming 50m is involved.

I used to do tbills through access bank.

Again I need a clue about calculating the true yield and coupon.

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
LagosInter:

Thanks.

All these questions you are asking sef?

How did you get the fund in question?

Your answer will determine the type of reply to give you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

From communications, bulk are my from abroad, family funds for safe keeping based on trust earned over time.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
LagosInter:

From communications, bulk are my from abroad, family funds for safe keeping based on trust earned over time.

If it is family fund, get in touch with the nearest Asset Management firm. They will give you professional advise, they will also recommend products that might suit the peculiarities of your situation

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2021
LordAdam16:

E no consyn dem

That is the problem. They do not care. As long as there is some money to loot, the entire country can go to blazes.

No planning, no strategic thinking, no coordination. Just asset stripping. Every 4 or 8 years, another gang of Aladdin and 40 Thieves will take the field and run riot at all levels of governance.

All this talk of devaluation, lack of fund, diversification, population growth, and more flies over their heads while they feign attention. It's surreal.

A person will fly with Emirates to UAE to buy a house with looted funds, then return to Nigeria and use billions to launch a National Airline logo; and you think that person is normal!

-Lord
Hey everyone he's a scammer who regularly emails people asking for a loan. Watch out for this guy. See attached the email he sent me, and he's sent such emails to other people

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Purely for risk management, income from different sources is better than income from one source

I will rather have 10 tenants who pay 500k per annum, than just a tenant that pays N6 million per annum.

A couple whose combined income is N10 million per annum, is better than a family that has a sole provider that makes N12 million per annum
I like your rental-analytic skills, same strategy I apply. E better say out of ten tenants of 500k, five disappoint than have only one tenant of 6mill and he disappoints once. grin

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

If the young chap puts that 20m in some mutual funds/bonds, he can get 7 to 10% income of 1.4m to 2m which can buy him one better small car grin

By the way, why the new moniker? lipsrsealed
I thought as much, because I know that signature.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2021
LagosInter:

Thanks.

there a thread on bond with very Good analysis
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nnamz:

Hey everyone he's a scammer who regularly emails people asking for a loan. Watch out for this guy. See attached the email he sent me, and he's sent such emails to other people

He may or may not be a scammer. None of my business. But from the email he sent to you, he was only soliciting and you can ignore it or tell him you are not interested.

If all the guy has done is solicit for funds from you, I’m wondering why you are going around NL telling everyone he’s a scammer without proof that he is one. If you get proof, also share the proof na. Otherwise, the whole thing sounds very fishy.

But wetin concern me. Make I go chop Sunday rice jare grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nnamz:

He collect your wife or wetin, you have shared similar message on about 4 threads

Please get busy and stop this drama.

He asked for a loan, you are at liberty to either grant or decline the request

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

That is a tough one ooo, although we don't have relevant statistics in Nigeria.

98% of bank customers have less than N500,000 in their bank accounts, I guess they invested their money and left the minimum balance.

Playing devil's advocate
This stat, was it based on BVN?
Because people have their money scattered oo...incase of “monkey born two, one die comot “.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

In elementary science we were taught the state of matter.

They can be in gaseous form, liquid form and solid form.

Money in your pocket or ATM linked bank account are in gaseous form, money in fixed deposit, Treasury Bill, business and money market are in liquid form, money that are well invested in income generating assets or Investments are in solid form.

Gases evaporates easily, when liquid reaches it boiling point it can also turn to gases or vapour.

It is important to know how to allocate money into the various states, that is gaseous forms, liquid forms and solid forms
Who is typing with oga Emma phone should return it ooo. grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
am not a fan of rental property sha especially the once that have been over priced or has slow growth potential...or the once built for profit already... I luv developing area with growth rate above fixed income rate....200 percent on 5 years type ...so if it was me i will fix the 17m on a fgn bond at 12 to generate 2m yearly and pay the rent of 600k to the Landlord...i will also keep 1m yearly to equate the potential increase in the value of the property so when am exiting Lagos in 2031 I will have 10m +17m=27m liquid the propety will not move to 27m by 2031....zero headaches
You didn’t factor the rent increment for 10yrs grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
igbizen:

You didn’t factor the rent increment for 10yrs grin grin
1m kept aside will balance up rent and value increase within 10 years
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2021
lavylilly:
How?
If you have paying tenants who work in banks, audit firms, or multinationals he would get his profit in less than 5 yrs
Are you into rental properties
Experience Dey say is the best teacher.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 4:10pm On Feb 21, 2021
Thats the kind of crab-mentality that is peculiar to most blacks. Even though the guy has never scammed him, he just want to ensure he destroy's his social image. I begin to wonder if he is going to earn dividends destroying other people's image.

emmanuelewumi:

He collect your wife or wetin, you have shared similar message on about 4 threads

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Whiteshield: 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nnamz:

Why don't you inform Sahara reporters too? Idiot.
When your inlaw was arrested for kidnapping and paraded at Force Headquarters in Abuja, why didn't you paste it here too.
Did that guy collect money from you? Abeg carry your stupid talk comot here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Others have come out to say he sent similar emails. You think it is okay that he targets certain people in the hopes he would swindle them of their hard earned money all in the name of loan?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nnamz:

Others have come out to say he sent similar emails. You think it is okay that he targets certain people in the hopes he would swindle them of their hard earned money all in the name of loan?

Please let them deal with him personally, are you their lawyer? Don't you know EFCC office?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

He may or may not be a scammer. None of my business. But from the email he sent to you, he was only soliciting and you can ignore it or tell him you are not interested.

If all the guy has done is solicit for funds from you, I’m wondering why you are going around NL telling everyone he’s a scammer without proof that he is one. If you get proof, also share the proof na. Otherwise, the whole thing sounds very fishy.

But wetin concern me. Make I go chop Sunday rice jare grin grin
A stranger emails you asking for a whooping 300,000 Naira loan, promises you 10% in a month, and you don't think that's a scam? Or what about the fact that he targets certain people here based on how much he thinks they have? Anyone who defends that scammer is also defending themselves. You know yourselves

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Please let them deal with him personally, are you their lawyer? Don't you know EFCC office?

As hard as it is to believe that anyone would fall for such cheap scam, there might be someone out there who might have fallen prey to him were it not for posts like mine. I am alerting people on threads he has posted to be aware of him, and you're coming out here to defend him or criticize me? Maybe you're one of them else you won't be defending him. Okay Emmanuel borrow him your own 300,000 Naira

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SteveOfu: 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nnamz:

A stranger emails you asking for a whooping 300,000 Naira loan, promises you 10% in a month, and you don't think that's a scam? Or what about the fact that he targets certain people here based on how much he thinks they have? Anyone who defend that scammer is also defending themselves. You know yourselves
Bros you are going about this the wrong way, do you have proof his scammed you? If yes share or better yet report him to EFCC.

It either you decline or ignore the mail

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
Whiteshield:

Why don't you inform Sahara reporters too? Idiot.
When your inlaw was arrested for kidnapping and paraded at Force Headquarters in Abuja, why didn't you paste it here too.
Did that guy collect money from you? Abeg carry your stupid talk comot here.
I can see that you're pained of people's successes. Keep wallowing in self pity and wishing you were me, but you would never be. Na people like you dey hate on Jeff Bezos cause he won't donate his billions to charity. Poor man. Better work hard and stop hating on rich families. Ode.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2021
Fight wan start again o. Don’t know why people don’t have the kind of control I have; just ignoring will do the trick. sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: DAramis, ositadima1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.