Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4448652 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:00am On Jul 30, 2016
battleaxe:
No, the 12.5% 22-JAN 2026

Have you been able to get your coupon payment?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:27am On Jul 30, 2016
unite4real:

Not invested here.... so I cannot tell!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 9:56am On Jul 30, 2016
feelamong:

Not invested here.... so I cannot tell!

Please my oga feelamong... What should be your advise for 91days NTB rate......Heard CBN OMO rate yesterday was @18%...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:37am On Jul 30, 2016
ukay2:

Please my oga feelamong... What should be your advise for 91days NTB rate......Heard CBN Como rate yesterday was @18%...

As at on friday 91 days closed at 15.3

182 days closed at 18.5

364 days closed at 19.6

Lets wait and see the rates for monday first before tuesday bid date
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:15am On Jul 30, 2016
feelamong:

As at on friday 91 days closed at 15.3

182 days closed at 18.5

364 days closed at 19.6

Lets wait and see the rates for monday first before tuesday bid date

Thanks Sir...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FIDELITY24(m): 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
Can I invest 280 thousand in Tbills or must the money be in round number like 300 thousand?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omotolani513(f): 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hello guys, I posted a question yesterday & till now nobody has answered...pls guys, I wanna invest too... feelamong....pls help. am really expectant.
This is what I posted yesterday...

hi guys, Pls help.....
this is the rate I got from first Bank today... they said its from d last bidding...what do u think guys... am a novice...this is my first time...
91 days -14.14%
182 days - 15.48%
364 days - 16.48%
Pls who has an idea of Gtbank rating?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
Omotolani513:
Hello guys, I posted a question yesterday & till now nobody has answered...pls guys, I wanna invest too... feelamong....pls help. am really expectant.
This is what I posted yesterday...

hi guys, Pls help.....
this is the rate I got from first Bank today... they said its from d last bidding...what do u think guys... am a novice...this is my first time...
91 days -14.14%
182 days - 15.48%
364 days - 16.48%
Pls who has an idea of Gtbank rating?

First bank has given you the bid rates for the last auction, what you need to do is decide the amount you want to invest, the duration and the rate. From feelamong's post, the rates are going up, so you may give First bank a rate higher than that of the last auction.

You should place your bid with them by monday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
Yes you can.

FIDELITY24:
Can I invest 280 thousand in Tbills or must the money be in round number like 300 thousand?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chidiemma1: 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
pls an in interest to buy the Treasury Bill. where can i buy i?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
I hope novice like me are aware that at 13% interest rate, you would only get N31,967 on a N1,000,000 investment in TB over a period of 91 days?

The calculation is NOT 13/100 x 1,000,000 = N130,000.

Calculation has been provided here:

1. Divide your preferred investment period by the total number of days in the year x the interest rate (as advertised by the Central Bank of Nigeria) e.g. 182/366 x 0.13 or 366/366 x 0.13.

2. Multiply the value you get by the principal amount you want to invest i.e. 182/366 x 0.13 x 1,500,000 to obtain your payout. It’s as simple as that.

https://todaysnaira./2012/09/21/investing-in-treasury-bills/

I can't wait till Monday to storm GTB grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by battleaxe: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
unite4real:

No
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ganilat4: 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
@feelamong, boss, what's the correlation of t-bill omo result with next treasury bills, are we using it to predict. Thanks sir, how we get the updated OMO results.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 7:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
battleaxe:

No

This is strange. Which bank is it? What efforts have you made? You need to be on top of your account officer or better still, escalate it to their headquarters. Something is wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omotolani513(f): 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
munezo:

First bank has given you the bid rates for the last auction, what you need to do is decide the amount you want to invest, the duration and the rate. From feelamong's post, the rates are going up, so you may give First bank a rate higher than that of the last auction.
You should place your bid with them by monday.

Thanks alot Munezo. I really do appreciate your response. Am considering the 91 day duration. Do u have an idea of what rate will make sense so I don't lose out eventually
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
Omotolani513:

Thanks alot Munezo. I really do appreciate your response. Am considering the 91 day duration. Do u have an idea of what rate will make sense so I don't lose out eventually

Ok, well I personally do not like doing anything less than 364 days because the interest rates on 182 and 91 days are not attractive to me, you know they are calculated yearly.

The money I put in TBills are money I will very likely not touch for a long time so I wait for the maturity date when my principal will be paid back.

Keep your tabs on this thread to know the rates the gurus in the house will recommend for next bidding.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uchefrancis16(m): 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
Agbaletu:

I did the last one with Zenith Bank. What do you want to know?

@Agbaletu What is the minimum stake with zenith bank? I was told the minimum I could place was a million. And what rate did they give you?

@feelamong which banks allow one to place their own bids? And what banks do you place your TBills with?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Houstency(m): 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2016

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Houstency(m): 11:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omotolani513(f): 4:36am On Jul 31, 2016
munezo:

Ok, well I personally do not like doing anything less than 364 days because the interest rates on 182 and 91 days are not attractive to me, you know they are calculated yearly.
The money I put in TBills are money I will very likely not touch for a long time so I wait for the maturity date when my principal will be paid back.
Keep your tabs on this thread to know the rates the gurus in the house will recommend for next bidding.

Thanks alot Munezo. You have really bin of great help. Will put the duration into consideration. So am thinking if I go for lets say 15% at 365 day in January, but in March there's an increase to lets say 19%. What happens then?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 6:17am On Jul 31, 2016
Good morning all. can someone invest more than once in the same bank with out the expiry of the first investment on TB.

Again, do you know the 10 banks on CBN watch list?

thank you all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 8:23am On Jul 31, 2016
Please which of the banks allows one to choose his/her own rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 8:46am On Jul 31, 2016
Omotolani513:

Thanks alot Munezo. You have really bin of great help. Will put the duration into consideration. So am thinking if I go for lets say 15% at 365 day in January, but in March there's an increase to lets say 19%. What happens then?

When you invest in January at 15%, the interest rate will be paid to you instantly while you will get your 100% principal in 365 days time. If the rate goes up to 19% in March, that does not affect you. You can also place another bid to key into the new 19% rate if you wish
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 8:48am On Jul 31, 2016
Rizin:
Good morning all. can someone invest more than once in the same bank with out the expiry of the first investment on TB.

Yes, you can invest more than once through the same bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 8:50am On Jul 31, 2016
easyflow:
Please which of the banks allows one to choose his/her own rates.

Stanbic IBTC bank allows you to choose your rate, but I think it is wiser to go with their rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2016
Thanks for your swift response. Aside stanbic, which other bank allows one to choose. Currently I bank with Zenith, Gtb, First bank and Access.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by battleaxe: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2016
unite4real:

This is strange. Which bank is it? What efforts have you made? You need to be on top of your account officer or better still, escalate it to their headquarters. Something is wrong somewhere.

I don't want to point fingers..... before people will start avoiding them. I'm assuming at this point that its a mix-up.

I'm equally concerned though that I have to "remind" them to pay.

Seems its not such a rare occurrence though, or is it? What could be wrong?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omotolani513(f): 10:11am On Jul 31, 2016
munezo:

When you invest in January at 15%, the interest rate will be paid to you instantly while you will get your 100% principal in 365 days time. If the rate goes up to 19% in March, that does not affect you. You can also place another bid to key into the new 19% rate if you wish

Thanks alot Munezo, u are simply amazing. God bless u plentiful. will visit the bank tomorrow. Thanks once again
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 31, 2016
Rizin:

Again, do you know the 10 banks on CBN watch list?

thank you all.
Certainly you can. I personally have three active t.bills now in first bank and even going to participate in next week auction with the same bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 11:54am On Jul 31, 2016
Uchefrancis16:

@Agbaletu What is the minimum stake with zenith bank? I was told the minimum I could place was a million. And what rate did they give you?

@feelamong which banks allow one to place their own bids? And what banks do you place your TBills with?

I think it is 1MN. The last I did was 182 days at 13% which is very poor. I won't advise you to do it with Zenith bank. If I had known about other banks I wouldn't have invested 7.5MN for 182 days with Zenith bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2016
Omotolani513:

Thanks alot Munezo, u are simply amazing. God bless u plentiful. will visit the bank tomorrow. Thanks once again

You are welcome Omotolani513, all the best.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
Uchefrancis16:

Zenith..if u want good % stay away from them , they re rip-offs ..had a bad experience with them 2ice , they will give u lower %

In this game if u re short of 1% -1.5% especially if u re on a Year T-bills investing like 10M or More by the time you do the calc u will find out its a lot of money

Gtb has been a good bank to me , they give good %

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: richforever123, Zagee and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.