Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4438581 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) (1806) (1807) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
XiaoLi:
Ahib how about that land you bought to share and resell, can you share your expereince.
sold out

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2021
NL1960:

I follow your argument quite alright and i understand it. I do not agree with you that people should be allowed an open field to import. We need to develop the country and create employment for our teeming youthful population. I have kids growing up here. Where you want them to work?. As US and Canada cannot contain all our teeming youths, we need to keep the majority of them here and get them engaged. Giving our scarce dollars to people just to import fuel thereby creating employment in other countries does not cut it for me. it is even a shame that we sell crude oil and then import fuel. It is like a cassava farmer selling cassava and perpetually buying garri with the proceeds from those he sold the cassava to. Where i come from, such a farmer will be the butt of jokes in any gathering.

You want to import fuel, then build a refinery even if na 1,000 barrels.

I support Dangote proposal 100%.

Btw, you saw what happened in US during the pandemic where people were queueing and fighting over common tissue paper. That is a result of allowing everybody and everything to be imported.

grin at d bolded, are u messing with me?

Let me show u that u chose not to get my argument:

1. Dangote has built a large refinery, very good.

2. Dangote still wants to be d sole importer of extra refined petroleum products, not good.

I don't know how to break it down further.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

grin at d bolded, are u messing with me?

Let me show u that u chose not to get my argument:

1. Dangote has built a large refinery, very good.

2. Dangote still wants to be d sole importer of extra refined petroleum products, not good.

I don't know how to break it down further.

People who want to import should have refineries, the import will only take care of the short fall in the production from their refineries.

Importation will be a percentage of the crude they can refine.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:39pm On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

That is d problem, u don't even follow my argument. Let other people who can't build refineries be allowed to import, open d market to all as long as u can afford to run d biz.. I am tired my friend. We are running round and round too much.

People who can't build refineries should join forces to build one, they can now import 50% of the total volumes refined in their refineries to handle short fall if need be

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kennyking1234: 8:12pm On Mar 13, 2021
DexterousOne:

Where does this dimwit get all these ridiculous ideas from ?

You see
That is the problem with you
You talk without thinking
You will not be billed if you use your common sense
Its free of charge
Please be using it
If calling me a "boy" makes you feel better about your pathetic self
Be my guest
I give you Express permission to call me a "boy"
If that will soothe your broken self
I'm all for it cool
She goes about looking for who to call boy. Its me she's trying it with now.
A lazy useless youth. Her moniker says it all...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kennyking1234: 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Go to any of the SEC registered investment houses that manage mutual funds. They can offer you a product that allows you to deposit funds that are compounded along with the interest until you decide to withdraw.

Not many of them guarantee capital and interest sha. And they come with risks, especially the equity mutual funds that can wipe out almost all your funds when markets are seeing red.

For preservation of capital, make sure you are not investing in the ones that sell you units of their fund but the ones that keep your money and give you returns on your capital.

In short, go with the ones that specifically state fixed income guaranteed funds and choose reinvestment of your distribution/interest for the power of compound interest. The interest rates fluctuate with the market but on average you can get 5 to 8% guaranteed. As interest rates increase, the returns also increase and vice versa.
So this elderly rude woman is very active here. She goes around looking for who to bully.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

People who want to import should have refineries, the import will only take care of the short fall in the production from their refineries.

Importation will be a percentage of the crude they can refine.

Opinion or fact?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

People who can't build refineries should join forces to build one, they can now import 50% of the total volumes refined in their refineries to handle short fall if need be

I just weak for Ositadima1 that i had to give up on the round and round arguments.

I wonder why those that want to import cannot team up to build a refinery?. BUA is singly building one. So i wonder how Dangote wants to be the sole importer. NNPC also has refineries. If the importers cannot build, they should lobby for the privatisation of the current refineries and buy them off NNPC.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
Emefiele say Nigeria will be selling crude to Dangote (and possibly BUA) in Naira. He says we will save the fx used in importing refined products and paying subsidy. But I’m seriously wondering if this makes sense given the fx revenue we will forgo when we sell this crude to them in Naira undecided

Currently, Naija spends between USD10bn and USD12bn to import refined products and pay subsidies. But at $65 per barrel for crude, Naija will forgo close to USD13bn in Fx when it sells 650,000 bpd of crude to just Dangote in Naira

Some people will say this 650k barrels of crude is additional to the 2m we export. Okay. So where will the extra 650k come from? Current OPEC quota will not last forever. Right now, we do not have the capacity to produce more than 2m and it takes several years for the oil companies to ramp up. Dangote’s OML 27 is currently at only 20k barrels per day and will take a couple of years to ramp up to 100k barrels. Talk less of 650k barrels sad

Then let’s not forget that Dangote will have to pay back well over USD6bn to banks that lent him money for the project, he has to pay huge USD salaries to his expatriate staff and he has to buy spare parts from overseas countries. This USD will have to come from somewhere. Maybe from Dangote’s fx revenues from his other export businesses or maybe from Fx from the excess refined products he will export to neighboring countries or maybe from the CBN..hmmm lipsrsealed

Let’s hope Dangote does not buy crude in NGN and then exploit loopholes in the Naija system to focus on exporting refined products to other countries as this is where the real money is. Let’s also hope he’s not using this whole refinery business to corner the fuel importation market in Naija. That would be mad o angry

On another note, I dey pity people wey go dey do daily commute on that tight Lekki road when the refinery begins full operations and hundreds of tankers with petrol start plying that tiny road. You think Apapa is bad? You ain’t seen nothing yet grin

Me I’m just thinking aloud o. Wetin concern common man with refinery when petrol price keeps going up? And they say Dangote will be selling at international market prices. Imagine cheesy

Thankfully, I no get any business with that Lekki road. I try my possible best to avoid that road. But wait o, no be only Lekki road go hear am oooo... cry

I took d time to repost this here, ur eyes dey see jare and ur brain is intact.

Note that I am just seeing dis post for d first time...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kennyking1234: 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

The lady isn't smart
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kennyking1234: 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
Emefiele say Nigeria will be selling crude to Dangote (and possibly BUA) in Naira. He says we will save the fx used in importing refined products and paying subsidy. But I’m seriously wondering if this makes sense given the fx revenue we will forgo when we sell this crude to them in Naira undecided

Currently, Naija spends between USD10bn and USD12bn to import refined products and pay subsidies. But at $65 per barrel for crude, Naija will forgo close to USD13bn in Fx when it sells 650,000 bpd of crude to just Dangote in Naira

Some people will say this 650k barrels of crude is additional to the 2m we export. Okay. So where will the extra 650k come from? Current OPEC quota will not last forever. Right now, we do not have the capacity to produce more than 2m and it takes several years for the oil companies to ramp up. Dangote’s OML 27 is currently at only 20k barrels per day and will take a couple of years to ramp up to 100k barrels. Talk less of 650k barrels sad

Then let’s not forget that Dangote will have to pay back well over USD6bn to banks that lent him money for the project, he has to pay huge USD salaries to his expatriate staff and he has to buy spare parts from overseas countries. This USD will have to come from somewhere. Maybe from Dangote’s fx revenues from his other export businesses or maybe from Fx from the excess refined products he will export to neighboring countries or maybe from the CBN..hmmm lipsrsealed

Let’s hope Dangote does not buy crude in NGN and then exploit loopholes in the Naija system to focus on exporting refined products to other countries as this is where the real money is. Let’s also hope he’s not using this whole refinery business to corner the fuel importation market in Naija. That would be mad o angry

On another note, I dey pity people wey go dey do daily commute on that tight Lekki road when the refinery begins full operations and hundreds of tankers with petrol start plying that tiny road. You think Apapa is bad? You ain’t seen nothing yet grin

Me I’m just thinking aloud o. Wetin concern common man with refinery when petrol price keeps going up? And they say Dangote will be selling at international market prices. Imagine cheesy

Thankfully, I no get any business with that Lekki road. I try my possible best to avoid that road. But wait o, no be only Lekki road go hear am oooo... cry
The way you brag Dangote should be your servant.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 9:19pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kennyking1234:
The lady isn't smart

Lady? How do u know that?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
Sounds good, real estate is where people are actually picking the money now, if you know you know.
ahiboilandgas:
sold out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lastbornop: 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
Hello people,
I get Una oooo

Please any recommendation for a reliable and yielding long term investment specifically for xdren Education plans say 10years.
Plan is to keep re-investing yields and growing capital

Biko make Una help me Sabi people smiley

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2021
ositadima1:

Is people like you that are the problem of this country.So because America said it then it is right.What have America done for this country.If they had allowed arms to goodluck the insecurity in this country won't have reached this level.Instead they gave us vegetable of a president.If you don't have money to build refinery go and farm.I won't be surprised if you say,they should allow the importation of bottled water so the Coca-Cola Company will not have Monopoly in bottle water business.How can you be talking about Nigeria importing finished goods from a raw material God has given us.Is it not stupidity that we import finished goods of Cocoa, textile, rubber.Was the country not better the years we whr not importing this things.My dear stop believing thr is something special about America..They are the problem of Africa.If dangota want let him monopolize the petrol business ,no wahala as long as he is refining in Nigeria.You can bring your own investment and come and monopolize a sector even if is Palm oil so that we can stop importing from Malaysia . Another good oil business is coconut oil.Witchcraft is not only when you fly at night,lol

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyawoToBe(f): 11:55pm On Mar 13, 2021
Hello guys, pls how do I get to sell my 2020 sukuk funds in exchange for cash? I have some financial obligations and need the money back.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 12:57am On Mar 14, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
Americans are a bunch of hypocrites....what development contribution have they brought to Nigeria compared to the Chinese that have built trains and airport terminal in Nigeria ...instead give loan via imf with crippling conditions of civil servant sack, electricity hike via markets rate ,petrol hike , high taxes to pay back their wicked loan paid into federation accounts when they know that the monies will be looted and Mis managed .....Americans govt wants us to be importing cement and petrol ..Dangote refinery is a treat to thier refineries and will capture the west african markets ...from their hawkish traders like vitol and transfuga whom are the biggest oil traders and will never want the arrangement changed
Dangote once mentioned that he can only invest in businesses that international majors divest away from or are not interested in......

This is a very good strategy for a big business originating from one of the most corrupt countries in the world.........Every Tom Dick and Harry knows that the likes of Dangote can never take on the likes of Shell, BP or Texaco in their hay days.........

This companies gradually divested away from oil and gas........

Well managed firms that learnt well from the Americans are also doing the same currently, you can imagine the likes of The Saudi Royal Family taking the likes of Saudi Aramco public and agreeing for the public to have a share of this sugary cake............

My dear Dangote is about to finish the scraps and he has got only 10 years to recoup his investment

The likes of London even Beijing have announced the end to internal combustion engines in the year 2030........ Germany is seeing a rise in unemployment as generations that have depended on the German car industry go out of business.......The internal combustion engine need about 3000 parts crafted to high tolerance and has depended on Germans for generations to come up with solutions compare it to the new tesla electric engines that need fewer than 150 component parts with lower precision.........

Dangote refinery might end up being a cog in the wheel of the Nigerian adopting better and safer technologies as the govt will definitely want him to recoup his investment

Dangote is definitely not the Messiah

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 1:16am On Mar 14, 2021
ositadima1:

So why is dangote afraid? Why are they pursuing regulations that will allow only refinery owners import refined petroleum?

Massive investment such as Dangotes refinery usually recoup their investment in 20 to 25 years but Dangote probably wants to recoup his in 2 years...........

Dangote knows he faces an existential threat from renewable energy, while we Nigerians wallow in our pitiable state of fuel price increase......

The refinery targets mostly pms and diesel, the current opium of the Nigerian and west African markets

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akinola98: 2:04am On Mar 14, 2021
IyawoToBe:
Hello guys, pls how do I get to sell my 2020 sukuk funds in exchange for cash? I have some financial obligations and need the money back.

Discuss it with your stockbroker.... he/she will pull it through for u
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyawoToBe(f): 3:55am On Mar 14, 2021
akinola98:

Discuss it with your stockbroker.... he/she will pull it through for u
I asked and was told it has not been listed. How true is this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:18am On Mar 14, 2021
ositadima1:

Opinion or fact?

That was how it was done with the important of cement, after the expiration of deadline given by Obasanjo for cement importers to build cement production plants in Nigeria
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:27am On Mar 14, 2021
lastbornop:
Hello people,
I get Una oooo

Please any recommendation for a reliable and yielding long term investment specifically for xdren Education plans say 10years.
Plan is to keep re-investing yields and growing capital

Biko make Una help me Sabi people smiley

Try Coral Income Fund from FSDH Asset Management

Vantage Guaranteed Income Fund by Investment One.

Make sure you reinvest the dividends

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:30am On Mar 14, 2021
IyawoToBe:

Is it in your CSCS.

If yes, tell your Stockbroker to sell.

Investors Sha, you bought last year and you are selling now. You should have invested your fund in a money market fund or fixed income mutual funds

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:33am On Mar 14, 2021
IyawoToBe:
I asked and was told it has not been listed. How true is this?

That means you didn't have a Stockbroking account when you bought the Sukuk. If you had, it would have been credited and you will see it in your CSCS statement
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 7:06am On Mar 14, 2021
Biafran4life:
Is people like you that are the problem of this country. So because America said it then it is right. What have America done for this country.If they had allowed arms to goodluck the insecurity in this country won't have reached this level. Instead they gave us vegetable of a president. If you don't have money to build refinery go and farm.I won't be surprised if you say,they should allow the importation of bottled water so the Coca-Cola Company will not have Monopoly in bottle water business.How can you be talking about Nigeria importing finished goods from a raw material God has given us.Is it not stupidity that we import finished goods of Cocoa, textile, rubber.Was the country not better the years we whr not importing this things. My dear stop believing thr is something special about America..They are the problem of Africa.If dangota want let him monopolize the petrol business ,no wahala as long as he is refining in Nigeria.You can bring your own investment and come and monopolize a sector even if is Palm oil so that we can stop importing from Malaysia . Another good oil business is coconut oil.Witchcraft is not only when you fly at night,lol

My brother, I have already said everything that needs to be said on this matter.

The fact that you keep repeating the same erroneous points shows how obstinately obtuse most of us are, no wonder Nigeria is what it is. Your belief in conspiracy theories is also ludicrous. grin

Chao.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:16am On Mar 14, 2021
From emmasoft who is still banned. As you rightly said, there is incentive fees for fund managers in mutual funds which makes the displayed rate as net for some funds, depending on the managers.

There is management incentive for VGIF, the difference is where the incentives come from which differs from other types of funds and it is one of the uniqueness of VGIF.

No incentive is deducted from the guaranteed rate (SDF) which is currently 4.5%

All incentives come from the excess returns above the SDF.

Here is the excess above SDF sharing formula for VGIF: 35% of excess above SDF for investors of fund, 15% of excess above SDF revenue reserve of the fund, 50% of excess above SDF is incentive fees for the fund managers and fees for other parties to the fund.

This is a win win situation for investors in VGIF, since fund managers always get paid from the excess above SDF, they strive to always have excess above SDF because no excess no pay and once there is excess the investors get additional earnings above the guaranteed rate.

In this case, the current 4.5% is the least all investors will get, they will always get more.

emmanuelewumi:

What is the compensation or incentive for the fund manager of Vantage Guaranteed Income Fund, I know mangers of other funds get between 1% to 1.5% of the value of the fund under management as their fees
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 7:26am On Mar 14, 2021
maishai:

Massive investment such as Dangotes refinery usually recoup their investment in 20 to 25 years but Dangote probably wants to recoup his in 2 years...........

Dangote knows he faces an existential threat from renewable energy, while we Nigerians wallow in our pitiable state of fuel price increase......

The refinery targets mostly pms and diesel, the current opium of the Nigerian and west African markets

Their will be a diminished demand for petroleum products in d western countries, but in Africa not so much, I still see a lot of 90's cars on the streets. Most African countries cant generate enough electricity to run their basic needs talkless of using it to run vehicles.

50 years from now, the internal combustion engine will still be prevalen in most parts of Africa.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 8:15am On Mar 14, 2021
ositadima1:

Their will be a diminished demand for petroleum products in d western countries, but in Africa not so much, I still see a lot of 90's cars on the streets. Most African countries cant generate enough electricity to run their basic needs talkless of using it to run vehicles.

50 years from now, the internal combustion engine will still be prevalen in most parts of Africa.

So also Africa, If u go round streets this days, most shops are installing one form of solar or the other, No viable small scale electric shops use Nepa or "I pass my neigbour Generator" again............

The death of internal combustion Cars in Europe and America spells doom for such devices in Africa....... I once heard Students of a nearby polytechnic discussing the advantage of that #1000 solar charger to "I pass my neugbour" Generator....

Secondly, the people solving this fundamental problems are not Africans, I dont see Africans today using the morse code, telephone or even Fax, Africa moved with the world to the use of internet communications, one would have expected Africa to be using this outdated technologies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:53am On Mar 14, 2021
maishai:

So also Africa, If u go round streets this days, most shops are installing one form of solar or the other, No viable small scale electric shops use Nepa or "I pass my neigbour Generator" again............

The death of internal combustion Cars in Europe and America spells doom for such devices in Africa....... I once heard Students of a nearby polytechnic discussing the advantage of that #1000 solar charger to "I pass my neugbour" Generator....

Secondly, the people solving this fundamental problems are not Africans, I dont see Africans today using the morse code, telephone or even Fax, Africa moved with the world to the use of internet communications, one would have expected Africa to be using this outdated technologies

Trust me, I have done some research on utilizing solar panels to charge PEVs (Plug-in electric vehicles) and it is not viable on a commercial scale. Except there is a drastic improvement in the efficiency of solar panels.

Let me do a little math here:

2020 Tesla Model 3 Long Range only requires 26 kWh of energy per 100 miles.

A standard solar panel generates 300W per hour.

You need 26000 / 300 = 86 pannels to fully charge one vehicle in 1 hour.

You need 26000 / (300 × 2) = 43 pannels to fully charge one vehicle in 2 hour.

You need 26000 / (300 x 5) = 17 pannels to fully charge one vehicle in 5 hour.

U get my drift? Note that I am not accounting for losses during the energy transfer.

On your second point, like u said, people solving these problem don't take Africa into account - they dont take our abysmal electricity situation into account.

Even at that, they are not going to run this vehicles on solar, they are planning to install charging stations for these cars supplied from a grid.

Do we have such infrastructure in Nigeria, most importantly, are we going to have them in the near future?

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Is it in your CSCS.

If yes, tell your Stockbroker to sell.

Investors Sha, you bought last year and you are selling now. You should have invested your fund in a money market fund or fixed income mutual funds
More reason it's advisable to have 6 to 12 months of expenses saved up as an emergency fund before venturing into any form of investment.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) (1806) (1807) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: stokfrick, Chudymario, Zagee and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.