Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4445836 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 6:12am On Mar 26, 2021
Biafran4life:
I think what you mentioned are the imported version.The 195 diseal generator to power it should be about 500k.The local fabricated should not cost more than 500k presently based on what the price was then I stayed in KD. Then it was less than 200k from a good welder with good finising double mould for 6 inches and single mould for 9 inches.The Yoruba guys could do wonderful finishing.Look for contact in the north axis if you consider block business for local machine.I believe with 1.5M you can start on low key plus space to use for it.And you can compliment the 5 and 4 inches with manual mould.Wishing you success

My dear u r overflogging the horse,

With just 1million, move out of the city and enter the interiors, there are lots of developing areas, lease or rent land for a year........ Not more than 1k for half a plot......with proper introduction and sincere intent, a lot of people will willfully lease u their land as the land will be put to use and not overgrown with weeds and trees

There is no way a 9-5 person like me will advise u on block molding, Na u b consultant, even when u don't know, u are better disposed at who to ask, u must have met with countless site engineers, plumbers, electricians, building contractors and must have visited many block molding industries

Please wear ur hard hart be proud and get ready to answer our questions, ur experience would be highly valued on this thread as many of us have sites we are developing

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by juniorrate: 6:42am On Mar 26, 2021
afroxyz:

how come the asset managment firm they sold off is what they want to buy back now. At a higher cost shocked

i hope most of us that have investment in investment-one fixed income fund/mutual fund won’t lose our money once Gtbank buy them back
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 7:25am On Mar 26, 2021
juniorrate:

i hope most of us that have investment in investment-one fixed income fund/mutual fund won’t lose our money once Gtbank buy them back

If it happens that GTBank buy back ione it's a plus. Remember of recent Access bank acquired Diamond Bank, that didn't make account holders in diamond Bank lose their money it was a change of name and management that is all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:51am On Mar 26, 2021
juniorrate:

You don't know how mutual funds work.

If it is that easy, don't you think Tony would have dipped hands into the almost N200 billion under management by United Capital

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:55am On Mar 26, 2021
juniorrate:

lol. not at all na
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 26, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:
Globally, Apple sold 21% more iPhones last year than in 2019. And made over 17% more revenue.

Are you saying Apple has to count those that bought refurbished via Amazon or used ones via P2P for the data to be reliable?

Except you're running a survey where you need a subjective outcome, your data source should be as reliable as possible. And to be very fair, car registration is still the sanest way to measure car purchases. Another possibility is to ask the registrants to fill in the year they bought the car so that the data can be further segregated.

iPhone sales soared last year because a new iPhone came out. People in developed countries are on lockdown at home on their computers all day. When they get their covid checks from government, what’s the first thing that comes to the mind of the young guys to order online? A new IPhone grin.

Plus the Chinese with their huge well to do young population (and little covid wahala to deal with) also bought a whole lot of those phones.

You are comparing apples to oranges. An iPhone is a small ticket item in developed countries. A used car is a very big deal in a developing country like Naija.

It is highly unlikely that Nigerians bought more cars than ever during a pandemic year. But I’m not a data guy and I have no data to back this up. Na just my common sense I dey use reason the matter, so please don’t insult me o grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:54am On Mar 26, 2021
dansito:
Pls is treasury bill investment on sale now in banks and what is there interest rate.(pls help start banks with the best interest rate)

Is piggy vest still in operation,is money invested safe and what is there interest rate.

Piggyvest is very much in operation. I have been using them and haven't experienced any sign of hiccups in their operation. #Smooth

They have a very responsive verified Twitter handle.

Though, I don't seem to understand the fear mostly people from this thread have for fintechs (even I-invest then) but I'll advice you to be very careful with your details cos it's an app and hackers can empty your account from the comfort of their bedroom.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 26, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Piggyvest is very much in operation. I have been using them and haven't experienced any sign of hiccups in their operation. #Smooth

They have a very responsive verified Twitter handle.

Though, I don't seem to understand the fear mostly people from this thread have for fintechs (even I-invest then) but I'll advice you to be very careful with your details cos it's an app and hackers can empty your account from the comfort of their bedroom.

These same hackers, scammers, yahoo boys, criminals lurk around here reading the advice and suggestions and trends/ways that people invest that they use to perfect their criminal acts. Infact, they are sometimes the ones asking these seemingly innocent questions grin.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:40am On Mar 26, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

These same hackers, scammers, yahoo boys, criminals lurk around here reading the advice and suggestions and trends/ways that people invest that they use to perfect their criminal acts. Infact, they are sometimes the ones asking these seemingly innocent questions grin.

Your new name is now Smartyouth4u.

You are very correct, you know the format

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Very true and reliable, you can negotiate for 60% if you are investing up to N10 million

If i have N20m, can i negotiate for 120%?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:55am On Mar 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I don't understand that Agbaje of a guy. He spent 10 years as the CEO, this Holdco of a thing is to elongate his tenure by another 10 years.

Access Bank is also considering Holdco

Sit tight syndrome. Many financial institutions whose 10 year tenure of the CEO are now using this HoldCo thing to extend their tenures.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2021
LOL... The guy/babe will do very well as a Risk Assessment Officer or Manager. He is very suspicious of everything,

Every financial institution, project or idea needs someone like him that wears the kind of hat (black hat) he wears to draw the attention of team members to potential loopholes that may have been overlooked, particularly useful when everyone else gets carried away by the shinning object syndrome. You need at least one person to tell you to also look at the other side of the coin for balance.

emmanuelewumi:

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 10:59am On Mar 26, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

But Smartyouth4u, you sef dey ask seemingly "innocent" questions o grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:03am On Mar 26, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Yes but I am not naive in the world of hacking. some understand tech, some don't. We do see naive people falling victim and crying to the bank daily that their savings had been wiped.

I do receive lots of hack attempts on a daily basis. Be it keyloggers, Trojans, scampages or even social engineering etc. I have seen it all. Some attempt are so intelligent while some are outrighly stupid.

As it stands, I believe only a magician can hack any of my account details.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 26, 2021
afroxyz:

But Smartyouth4u, you sef dey ask seemingly "innocent" questions o grin

I don’t think I do o grin

It is not a bad thing to ask those questions but I was just thinking aloud of how this place is a sweet resource centre for g boys grin

The other day, One fellow was asking about power of attorney and how to access the account of a dead person undecided

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 26, 2021
ojesymsym:
LOL... The guy/babe will do very well as a Risk Assessment Officer or Manager. He is very suspicious of everything,

Every financial institution, project or idea needs someone like him that wears the kind of hat (black hat) he wears to draw the attention of team members to potential loopholes that may have been overlooked, particularly useful when everyone else gets carried away by the shinning object syndrome. You need at least one person to tell you to also look at the other side of the coin for balance.

Don’t forget EFCC grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:11am On Mar 26, 2021
Those ones na arrest first, ask questions later.

Lazyyouth4u:

Don’t forget EFCC grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 26, 2021
I think every investor (not just risk management people) should pay more attention to the downside risks of every investment proposal. Anyone can package the upside of any investment to look good and most people get carried away without digging very deep to know if they are comfortable with the downside.

I always take a negative view of an investment until I am very comfortable. And I have no problem with people calling me negative wink

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:44am On Mar 26, 2021
We all want convenience, but we should also consider the safety of our funds and Investments.

If more than 50% of your networth are in digital forms and can be easily converted to cash in seconds, we need to be security conscious.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 26, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Yes but I am not naive in the world of hacking. some understand tech, some don't. We do see naive people falling victim and crying to the bank daily that their savings had been wiped.

I do receive lots of hack attempts on a daily basis. Be it keyloggers, Trojans, scampages or even social engineering etc. I have seen it all. Some attempt are so intelligent while some are outrighly stupid.

Make I ask this novice question from you since I still do old school.I only do three transactions,cash , inside bank transfer or cheque.Last two weeks my wife tried buying something from online from a company she has been buying from for the past two years in uk.Thank God it is not her main account.This is an account she just opened with zenith.On this day she tried to buy via the online around 3 pm which failed.Around 5.30pm the account was emptied of 700k plus.I want to know if is possible thr is inside thing because the OTP thing which they normally send her to verify before transactions go through only came after the money has all gone.And she reported to the bank and no response till now.I want to know if is possible for insider men so I call contact my friends in efcc.The monies went to someone MC loc in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 11:46am On Mar 26, 2021
Seconded. wink grin
emmanuelewumi:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 11:49am On Mar 26, 2021
Seconded wink grin
Lazyyouth4u:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:56am On Mar 26, 2021
Biafran4life:
Make I ask this novice question from you since I still do old school.I only do three transactions,cash , inside bank transfer or cheque.Last two weeks my wife tried buying something from online from a company she has been buying from for the past two years in uk.Thank God it is not her main account.This is an account she just opened with zenith.On this day she tried to buy via the online around 3 pm which failed.Around 5.30pm the account was emptied of 700k plus.I want to know if is possible thr is inside thing because the OTP thing which they normally send her to verify before transactions go through only came after the money has all gone.And she reported to the bank and no response till now.I want to know if is possible for insider men so I call contact my friends in efcc.The monies went to someone MC loc in Lagos

Na wa for you, you on do cash transactions, cheque transactions and fund transfers inside the bank.

I do mobile banking, not until I was compelled by First Bank to do so The fund in the account I use for mobile banking is very minimal, i still have an account whose ATM is at work as I hardly go out with it except to make transfer to the account used for mobile banking.

Most of my liquid cash are in money market funds.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2021
Biafran4life:
Well, as I said, some hack are highly intelligent.

Now, You might type www.trustedsite .com on your browser, and it will change to www.hackersite .com. An hacker can do this after getting your device infected/DNS spoofing.

The hackersite is a copy/Clone of the trustedsite you shop regularly. They'll look exactly the same but modified to harvest your payment details.

The insiders or bankers are not the one to send OTP for transactions. The system is programmed to do so automatically.

OTP is usually sent to phone number and email too. So if the yahoo boy already have her email password, he can see the OTP.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Na wa for you, you on do cash transactions, cheque transactions and fund transfers inside the bank.

I do mobile banking, not until I was compelled by First Bank to do so The fund in the account I use for mobile banking is very minimal, i still have an account whose ATM is at work as I hardly go out with it except to make transfer to the account used for mobile banking.

Most of my liquid cash are in money market funds.

You can't believe I have never used ATM because I never actived it when gtb gave it to me.One of my business always provide physical cash so I most times on cash for small transactions.The internet thing is what I want to see how to do it with ZENITHBANK because of the stress of going to bank to do large transactions inside .I still be old school,I no want headache like the one wife got two wks ago.I have told my zenith account officer that my internet must have token attached.I took the cash at home thing from old man.I will definitely stop it this year.And those days I was directly buying bulk grains before we move them to companies,na we have boys.You needed to go with stack of physical cash in those major markets all over north
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

iPhone sales soared last year because a new iPhone came out. People in developed countries are on lockdown at home on their computers all day. When they get their covid checks from government, what’s the first thing that comes to the mind of the young guys to order online? A new IPhone grin.

Plus the Chinese with their huge well to do young population (and little covid wahala to deal with) also bought a whole lot of those phones.

You are comparing apples to oranges. An iPhone is a small ticket item in developed countries. A used car is a very big deal in a developing country like Naija.

It is highly unlikely that Nigerians bought more cars than ever during a pandemic year. But I’m not a data guy and I have no data to back this up. Na just my common sense I dey use reason the matter, so please don’t insult me o grin cheesy

Data doesn't have to always align with common sense.

Is it common sense that there was huge unemployment in the U.S, Feds were printing money non stop, hundred of thousands were dying, yet the $VOO hit an all time high same year?

I'm sure common sense would have predicted that U.S stocks should suffer the most hit last year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
We all want convenience, but we should also consider the safety of our funds and Investments.

If more than 50% of your networth are in digital forms and can be easily converted to cash in seconds, we need to be security conscious.

This is one reason I love beaureaucratic paperwork,most times it frustrates owners with genuine intent, but most times ends up being tha bane of scammers......

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Very True

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

Piggyvest is not very secure, you account can be emptied in minutes, becuase they allow transfers to other piggyvest user, a hacker can create a fake piggyvest account, hack a piggyvest user email and transfer the funds to the fake piggyvest account, then wothdraw to bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2021
richforever123:

Piggyvest is not very secure, you account can be emptied in minutes, becuase they allow transfers to other piggyvest user, a hacker can create a fake piggyvest account, hack a piggyvest user email and transfer the funds to the fake piggyvest account, then wothdraw to bank
No system is 100% secure. Even bank accounts can be compromised. If you allow your email to be hacked then alot of damages can be done with most systems.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
No system is 100% secure. Even bank accounts can be compromised. If you allow your email to be hacked then alot of damages can be done with most systems.

And someone here is looking for who will help him with bank statement

Chai

There is God o

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.