Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4435873 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

First Bank and Stanbic IBTC will accept N100,000 for Treasury Bill Investments
Sorry I meant to write Zenith Bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
It is one thing to have N1 million for Treasury Bill, it is another thing to have the discipline to keep the money for 90 days, 180 days and 360 days in TB

We have situations whereby people bought 40 days Treasury Bills in the secondary market, and wanted to liquidate the investment after 10 days.

That is an advantage money market funds have over Treasury Bill Investments, you can redeem your Investments at any time without penalties

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Please don’t let it pass o. Continue the insults. I dey kanpe.

If you didn’t think I was a woman, would you pick on me with all those derogatory insults? You just wan show say you be streets and na person wey you feel say na woman you decide to pick on? Because the best thing wey you fit call the woman to feel good about yourself na olosho or slay queen undecided

Show me where me and you get problem before you begin insult me sir.
No wahala,let it pass.we no they drag land.This is not really the thread I come to in the past.I only did TB once at 18% for my boy. The only paper investment I do is stocks.Dan flour paid me off like blood money.Can you imagine buying forte oil @ 30 and selling @290.,NB @22 and sold above #50. Imagine getting over 3000 dollars from Ubcapital you bought moons ago @1.20.Nevethless I have had loses oh in almost all insurance apart from aiico and nem.My highest lose was oceanic bank, tantalize,japaul,ABC,oando.This all happened before I discovered SMN.Divident stock is the best for me.
If what I read sometimes ago is true.That once you passive income can equate to 3x of your monthly expenditure then you are good to go for retirement.Then God is too faithful to fail me as I have over comed that like 5yrs ago

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
It is one thing to have N1 million for Treasury Bill, it is another thing to have the discipline to keep the money for 90 days, 180 days and 360 days in TB

We have situations whereby people bought 40 days Treasury Bills in the secondary market, and wanted to liquidate the investment after 10 days.

That is an advantage money market funds have over Treasury Bill Investments, you can redeem your Investments at any time without penalties

I think it’s the trust element. Many people feel safer keeping their money with banks. They feel the mutual funds can go kaput any moment with their funds.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

I think it’s the trust element. Many people feel safer keeping their money with banks. They feel the mutual funds can go kaput any moment with their funds.

Not a good reason for the premature termination of a Treasury Bill Investment.

Nigerians don't have the staying power. A lady bought 7 years Sukuk, only for her to terminate it under a year because she urgently money.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

For my money market funds, if the request for redemption was made before 12 noon I would get paid same day. Request made after 12noon would be paid the next day
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2021
United Capital is really marketing their mutual funds. I think up to 80% of their clients are 35 years and below

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
Sharing this just so nobody thinks I have anything against SFS. They have a good fixed income fund. I just no want make monkey hunters use their REIT stocks to chop maga for here lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
Biafran4life:
No wahala,let it pass.we no they drag land.This is not really the thread I come to in the past.I only did TB once at 18% for my boy. The only paper investment I do is stocks.Dan flour paid me off like blood money.Can you imagine buying forte oil @ 30 and selling @290.,NB @22 and sold above #50. Imagine getting over 3000 dollars from Ubcapital you bought moons ago @1.20.Nevethless I have had loses oh in almost all insurance apart from aiico and nem.My highest lose was oceanic bank, tantalize,japaul,ABC,oando.This all happened before I discovered SMN.Divident stock is the best for me.
[b]If what I read sometimes ago is true.That once you passive income can equity to 3x of your monthly expenditure then you are good to go for retirement.[/b]Then God is too faithful to fail me as I have over comed that like 5yrs ago

That's very nice. I just wish I could discipline myself in stock to achieve this. Though I would still not relent if I were you because some companies can just cut some expectations short like UBA. Though right mix of investment can take of that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mk82(m): 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Stanbic IBTC and First Bank
Seconded
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
freeman67:

That's very nice. I just wish I could discipline myself in stock to achieve this. Though I would still not relent if I were you because some companies can just cut some expectations short like UBA. Though right mix of investment can take of that.
You are right uba disappointed me.i was hoping for 1.50 based on what zenith decleared
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2021
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
Just so nobody thinks I have anything against SFS, those are my guys and they are good. They also have a good fixed income fund. I just no want make anybody use them chop maga for here.

Disclaimer: Not here to advertise them o. I do not work for them and I have no affiliation with them!
Good to see you now understand why I was trying to inform some people about REITS...i thought you said I was trying to dump my holdings in SFSREIT on people by saying what I know could be of benefit to those who are tired of chasing after tenants for rents and also looking to diversify investment for retirement. I wasn't here to advertise for them either, I'm just an investor.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
Biafran4life:
If what I read sometimes ago is true.That once you passive income can equate to 3x of your monthly expenditure then you are good to go for retirement.Then God is too faithful to fail me as I have over comed that like 5yrs ago

Oando wound many people. Those boys for there were just doing financial re-engineering anyhow. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
Sharing this just so nobody thinks I have anything against SFS. They also have a good fixed income fund. I just no want make anybody use their REIT to chop maga for here.

Disclaimer: Not here to advertise them. I do not work for them and I have no affiliation with them!

They don't own the REIT, they are the fund manager of SFS REIT for Skye Shelter Fund, they are also the fund manager of Union Homes REIT.

FSDH asset management is the fund manager of UPDC REIT, currently the biggest REIT in Nigeria with properties and fixed income under management that is more than N25 billion
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Not a good reason for the premature termination of a Treasury Bill Investment.

Nigerians don't have the staying power. A lady bought 7 years Sukuk, only for her to terminate it under a year because she urgently money.

The problem is that people just hear about the investment and will not do a detailed investigation on it but will just go and pack all their funds into it. For TBs, they quickly look at the upfront interest without taking into consideration of the fact that the fund will be locked down for that duration. I was always doing one year TB in August/September and it was strictly for the payment of my kids September school fees in boarding house and for one year rent.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Opzyyy: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Oga, this is a public forum owned by NL and not the clique of individuals that wrongfully think that they own this thread. And as long as I am not breaking any rules, I do not think anyone has the right to question my participation here except the mods who have every right to ban me if I am breaking rules.

I dare anyone to show me where I came at them to insult him or her without them provoking me with unnecessary insults. I dare anyone.

Have you seen the kind of insults I receive from certain individuals here for no good reason?

What I am beginning to understand here is that people have interests and once you go against their interests, they find ways to attack you using their alternate monikers and help from clueless people that have one thing or the other against you.

Guess what, I dey kanpe o and I am not going to leave so if you don’t like my presence here, feel free to ignore or leave and go and form your own forum. It’s allowed.

Na you insulted when I first commented here... But I ignored your arrogant ass

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2021
Opzyyy:

Na you insulted when I first commented here... But I ignored your arrogant ass

Were you the fellow that was asking if rates were per month or per annum? And I said no it’s per month that you will be rich like Dangote grin

That no be insult na. First, it was clearly written that it was per annum. Secondly, that was banter not insult wink

In any case, you still asked me a couple of questions and I responded. Didn’t I? undecided

Okay I’m an arrogant ass, I accept. Bite me grin. You can be ignoring me or continue to be liking posts of people insulting me. No wahala cool

Btw: I noticed say you be one of the MBA guys so I knew why you were asking if rates stated on the document were per month or per annum. Hence my response grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
Biafran4life:
You are right uba disappointed me.i was hoping for 1.50 based on what zenith decleared
Amaka disappoint me cheesy in 2face voice grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

For my money market funds, if the request for redemption was made before 12 noon I would get paid same day. Request made after 12noon would be paid the next day

Analogue fund managers. cool

Port to AXA mansard. Instant withdrawals anytime of the day including weekends and public holidays especially when the withdrawal is not substantial.

For huge funds, they usually call before they process the liquidation.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dobnina(f): 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
Good day all. Please i am a newbie here. I need advice on the money market funds.
Which bank gives the highest interest rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
Myhelper1:
Good to see you now understand why I was trying to inform some people about REITS...i thought you said I was trying to dump my holdings in SFSREIT on people by saying what I know could be of benefit to those who are tired of chasing after tenants for rents and also looking to diversify investment for retirement. I wasn't here to advertise for them either, I'm just an investor.

To be very honest, the way you went about it appeared like monkey hunting tinz grin. As in it just wasn’t normal but hey what can I say?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2021
rationalmind:

Analogue fund managers. cool

Port to AXA mansard. Instant withdrawals anytime of the day including weekends and public holidays especially when the withdrawal is not substantial.

For huge funds, they usually call before they process the liquidation.

Thank you, I don't use apps

I prefer the old school method of sending mail and they call me to verify my mandate before they start processing payment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dansito: 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
Pls is treasury bill investment on sale now in banks and what is there interest rate.(pls help start banks with the best interest rate)

Is piggy vest still in operation,is money invested safe and what is there interest rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
A REIT has a promoter, fund manager, property manager, Trustee, Custodian, Fund Manager and Registrar.

The promoter of the REIT can't be the one managing the fund and the property. SEC expects the fund manager have 5% share in the REIT
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

To be very honest, the way you went about it appeared like monkey hunting tinz grin. As in it just wasn’t normal but hey what can I say?

Upon reflection, I don comot the SFS flyer. I don’t want to feel like I’m advertising them but yeah I agree with you they are good guys. I know them well wink
I was just trying to open some people's eyes to another way of investing in real estate without chaos.

Mind you, I did not advertise for sfsreit neither did I ask anyone to bring their money, I was just educating people and that's what this thread is all about. Seriously I don't deserve all the names calling and insult from you for saying the right thing. It looks childish to me!

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
dansito:
Pls is treasury bill investment on sale now in banks and what is there interest rate.(pls help start banks with the best interest rate)

Is piggy vest still in operation,is money invested safe and what is there interest rate.

I don't know ooo, I pray the young people using most of these investnent apps from fintechs won't have cause for regrets
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
Myhelper1:
Everyone was disappointed by UBA. I was actually expecting N1 as promised but Amaka disappoint me cheesy in 2face voice grin
I dey wait for tony if touch like #5 so I will average down as I am presently on #6.He will want to redeem his image next year unless access disappoint too.This men they compete for the industry.Everyone want his bank to be the biggest brand for the industry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
dobnina:
Good day all. Please i am a newbie here. I need advice on the money market funds.
Which bank gives the highest interest rate.

When it comes to mutual fund there is no one caps fits all.
There are different types of mutual funds depending majorly on the underlying assets which in turn determines the level of risk involve for subscribers.

For risk averse investor I will recommend money market or fixed income category. Currently rates are low generally but it's still much better than leaving your money in the bank and economically things are look up for mutual funds.

Mutual funds are managed by fund managers not MDBs Though some banks on a holding structure usually will have asset management arm but operations are always separate.

I will recommend Fixed income category particularly VGIF managed by investment one. You can read more about VGIF from my earlier posts on this thread or mutual fund thread.

You can send a PM or contact me through details on my signature for more on VGIF.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I don't know ooo, I pray the young people using most of these investnent apps from fintechs won't have cause for regrets

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
Biafran4life:
I dey wait for tony if touch like #5 so I will average down as I am presently on #6.He will want to redeem his image next year unless access disappoint too.This men they compete for the industry.Everyone want his bank to be the biggest brand for the industry
I sold 90% of my holding the day after he declared that bullshit. I hate hankypanky games grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Thank you, I don't use apps

I prefer the old school method of sending mail and they call me to verify my mandate before they start processing payment.
LWKD,make person no go fall maga .This yahoo boys are not smiling

(1) (2) (3) ... (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: alezzy13 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.