Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4468227 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
A REIT has a promoter, fund manager, property manager, Trustee, Custodian, Fund Manager and Registrar.

The promoter of the REIT can't be the one managing the fund and the property. SEC expects the fund manager have 5% share in the REIT

But Fund manager is the promoter na wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

But Fund manager is the promoter na wink

UPDC is the promoter of UPDC REIT, FSDH is the fund manager.

Skye Bank is the promoter of SFS REIT, SFS is the fund manager.

Union Homes is the promoter of Union Homes REIT, SFS is the fund manager.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
Biafran4life:
I dey wait for tony if touch like #5 so I will average down as I am presently on #6.He will want to redeem his image next year unless access disappoint too.This men they compete for the industry.Everyone want his bank to be the biggest brand for the industry

Where is the source of the fund he used for his oil and gas Investment, he needs to learn from Wale

His exposure to UBA is huge, I think the earnings of UBA is audio. Paying dividend of N1.00, will cost the bank less than N40 billion. So UBA can't afford to pay N40 billion ni.

I sold about 98% of my holdings at about N7.10k immediately when the dividend announcement was made by the company

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Where is the source of the fund he used for his oil and gas Investment, he needs to learn from Wale

His exposure to UBA is huge, I think the earnings of UBA is audio. Paying dividend of N1.00, will cost the bank less than N40 billion. So UBA can't afford to pay N40 billion ni.

I sold about 98% of my holdings at about N7.10k immediately when the dividend announcement was made by the company

Mainly loans from a syndicate of banks including Afreximbank, AFC, Union Bank, etc to acquire OML 17.

I’m surprised that you would say the bolded sha lipsrsealed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

UPDC is the promoter of UPDC REIT, FSDH is the fund manager.

Skye Bank is the promoter of SFS REIT, SFS is the fund manager.

Union Homes is the promoter of Union Homes REIT, SFS is the fund manager.

Oh okay was just wondering because the same SFS guys were the ones that promoted Skye Shelter Fund while they were still at Skye grin

But I see what you are saying sha.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The fear of Tony is the beginning of wisdom. grin I did exactly the same when I saw 35k and my expectation was at least N1.00

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Mainly loans from a syndicate of banks including Afreximbank, AFC, Union Bank, etc to acquire OML 17.

I’m surprised that you would say the bolded lipsrsealed

I lost confidence in him. GTB is planning to buy an Insurance company, asset management firm, fintech firm, Investment banking firm, pension fund management firm. Yet they increased dividend by about 10%, maybe to catch up with Zenith bank

Tony promised to pay N1.00 about 7 months ago, but slashed dividend by about 50%. Without warning, who does that

Invesstors don't like surprises, except pleasant surprises.

The type of surprises from Zenith bank and Stanbic IBTC

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
Biafran4life:
No wahala,let it pass.we no they drag land.This is not really the thread I come to in the past.I only did TB once at 18% for my boy. The only paper investment I do is stocks.Dan flour paid me off like blood money.Can you imagine buying forte oil @ 30 and selling @290.,NB @22 and sold above #50. Imagine getting over 3000 dollars from Ubcapital you bought moons ago @1.20.Nevethless I have had loses oh in almost all insurance apart from aiico and nem.My highest lose was oceanic bank, tantalize,japaul,ABC,oando.This all happened before I discovered SMN.Divident stock is the best for me.
If what I read sometimes ago is true.That once you passive income can equate to 3x of your monthly expenditure then you are good to go for retirement.Then God is too faithful to fail me as I have over comed that like 5yrs ago

Hi Biafran
Thanks for sharing your thought on this...have been able to pick one or two things from your Experience

Can you share your views on how you going about this ....Nigeria Stock Market??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Oh okay was just wondering because the same SFS guys were the ones that promoted Skye Shelter Fund while they were still at Skye grin

But I see what you are saying sha.

They had a management buyout, investment one was a management buyout when GTB sold their asset management subsidiary

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
Biafran4life:
No wahala,let it pass.we no they drag land.This is not really the thread I come to in the past.I only did TB once at 18% for my boy. The only paper investment I do is stocks.Dan flour paid me off like blood money.Can you imagine buying forte oil @ 30 and selling @290.,NB @22 and sold above #50. Imagine getting over 3000 dollars from Ubcapital you bought moons ago @1.20.Nevethless I have had loses oh in almost all insurance apart from aiico and nem.My highest lose was oceanic bank, tantalize,japaul,ABC,oando.This all happened before I discovered SMN.Divident stock is the best for me.
If what I read sometimes ago is true.That once you passive income can equate to 3x of your monthly expenditure then you are good to go for retirement.Then God is too faithful to fail me as I have over comed that like 5yrs ago

Three times bawo, if your passive income is equivalent to 100% of your active income, you are financially independent and can absorb shocks

If anything should happen to you, your children won't suffer

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
United Capital is really marketing their mutual funds. I think up to 80% of their clients are 35 years and below

Sign up with their MM and fixed income funds when you wrote about their services sometimes ago

they are trying ..i like their services so far
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
abraolas1:

Sign up with their MM and fixed income funds when you wrote about their services sometimes ago

The money market fund is currently 3.8%, fixed income appreciated by 5% from 1 st January till date
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 3:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The money market fund is currently 3.8%, fixed income appreciated by 5% from 1 st January till date

MM is now 4.05% and Fixed income Fund is now 5.97%

Guess its climbing as a result of the Treasury Bills which they invest large chunk of the money in
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Fine me? On a faceless forum? Laughable. Oya come and collect fine na. grin

Oga, why was it since I said something about not believing in Risevest that I became a nuisance? I think I used to get along with you and even tried to help you look into Risevest. But the moment, I gave my opinion, you became hostile. Haba fear God o.

I wasn't shading you, I was only letting him know that talk and threat will do no good

However, it is always good to know the negative aspects of every investment

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
abraolas1:

Guess its climbing as a result of the Treasury Bills which they invest large chunk of the money in

You are more current

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
abraolas1:

Hi Biafran
Thanks for sharing your thought on this...have been able to pick one or two things from your Experience

Can you share your views on how you going about this ....Nigeria Stock Market??

.My Purpose of stock thing has always been long time since I had businesses which was bringing cash flow mostly my hospitality/bulk grain business.I needed whr to put the cash not to just put in banks.Initially I was buying anything called ipo and private placement.Then I discovered the miracle thread SMN.Then I started making my judgement based on this points or some of them
I picked this important points on SMN
The management of the company must be men of integrity not people like wale
I was comfortable with dividend above 10% so I was making my picks and averaging when the targeted company falls within that point.
The company must have annual growth no matter how little not making loses
I have been to almost all the state in niaja.What I see on the street sometimes I equally use eg of wapco,JB, dangota,flour Mills.The gist and rumours on the street to me is inside information.
Government policy,politics eg Alhaji and the men in banks
Then the Contribution from investment threads.
Most important to me if I sense a business exists only on paper .It is no go area for me like most insurance companies

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Three times bawo, if your passive income is equivalent to 100% of your active income, you are financially independent and can absorb shocks

If anything should happen to you, your children won't suffer
My oga na watin I read for one the thread when they whr talking about retirement.They said if you monthly expenditure is 100 and you can build your passive income to 300 you are good to go beside things not within your control like sickness etc.The active income will still be thr for children or anybody to be managing.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
abraolas1:

What's the rate of their mutual fund?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2021
abraolas1:

Hmmmmm, what's the process of registering?What's the minimum one can use for mm and fixed income.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
Biafran4life:
.My Purpose of stock thing has always been long time since I had businesses which was bringing cash flow mostly my hospitality/bulk grain business.I needed whr to put the cash not to just put in banks.Initially I was buying anything called ipo and private placement.Then I discovered the miracle thread SMN.Then I started making my judgement based on this points or some of them
I picked this important points on SMN
The management of the company must be men of integrity not people like wale
I was comfortable with dividend above 10% so I was making my picks and averaging when the targeted company falls within that point.
The company must have annual growth no matter how little not making loses
I have been to almost all the state in niaja.What I see on the street sometimes I equally use eg of wapco,JB, dangota,flour Mills.The gist and rumours on the street to me is inside information.
Government policy,politics eg Alhaji and the men in banks
Then the Contribution from investment threads.
Most important to me if I sense a business exists only on paper .It is no go area for me like most insurance companies
Where is this SMN?

Insurance companies are the new bride o
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
Biafran4life:
My oga na watin I read for one the thread when they whr talking about retirement.They said if you monthly expenditure is 100 and you can build your passive income to 300 you are good to go beside things not within your control like sickness etc.The active income will still be thr for children or anybody to be managing.

If you salary or profit from business is N1 million every month, and you are making another N1 million every month while sleeping ( passive income).

You are financially independent, although we have people whose passive income is three times their active income

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2021
lavylilly:
Hmmmmm, what's the process of registering?What's the minimum one can use for mm and fixed income.

Start with a minimum of just N10,000 and multiples of N5000 thereafter. This Include Free entry and Exit and the Minimum holding period is 90 days

you can visit investnowdotng for more info
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2021
abraolas1:

Start with a minimum of just N10,000 and multiples of N5000 thereafter. This Include Free entry and Exit and the Minimum holding period is 90 days

Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

If you salary or profit from business is N1 million every month, and you are making another N1 million every month while sleeping ( passive income).

You are financially independent, although we have people whose passive income is three times their active income
Yes people like you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
lavylilly:
Where is this SMN?

Insurance companies are the new bride o

What new businesses are they doing that they are the new bride?. One claim can wipe out all their profits.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
abraolas1:

Minimum holding period for a first time investor is 30 days for money market fund and 90 days for fixed income funds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2021
NL1960:

What new businesses are they doing that they are the new bride?. One claim can wipe out all their profits.

Very few of them are solid eg AIICO, Nem, AXA Mansard and Custodian. The rest are just there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Minimum holding period for a first time investor is 30 days for money market fund and 90 days for fixed income funds

thats correct !.. sorry for the error @Livylilly
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Very few of them are solid eg AIICO, Nem, AXA Mansard and Custodian. The rest are just there

Leadway?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2021
afroxyz:

You are not making any point. You can't use only car registration to ascertain the number of cars SOLD in a period. They did not go to JIJI, Cars 45 or even agents that bring in cars. Or dont you know of people that buy cars and just cover them with trampoline?

Just because it is data does not mean it is representative. As a self-professed data analyst, you should know that when you present data the first thing you would be asked are your scales of measurement. Which is what i have problem with as regards the article.

What are you talking about dude? Do you really know about data analysis?

They should go to Jiji and do what? When Nigeria was named as the 2nd in the world on Bitcoin transaction, it was based on exchanges, P2P wasn't measured. Why do you think they didn't go around on forums and Telegram looking for transaction data, because it's not scalable and it's prone to huge errors.

For car purchases, the cleanest form of data they can get is via car registration. Asking for people who bought via Jiji doesn't make any iota of sense. I don't know where you stay o but throughout my stay in Nigeria i don't think I don see reach 5 cars without plate numbers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: awesomeJ(m), Itsrm(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.