Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,479 members, 7,861,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:14 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4505584 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1843) (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) ... (2242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:50am On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
na to open his own Auditing firm by the sideline and grow to the level of Pwc....he will still.make more money runing a successful accounting firm .....u no hear how much Ned earn for Paris club refund 54 bn naira

It will take years to grow to the level of PWC. Moreover PWC is not owned by a single individual. No be every person like stress of entrepreneurship even if more money will be made. It gets to an age whereby all you need is rest and traveling. Person no come this world to live forever.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

Will you now advise such a person to resign to go and be an entrepreneur in the name of answering 'iam an entrepreneur?'. grin
that was a successful employee vs successful entrepreneur Abdulsamad Rabiu, the founder of BUA Group, one of Nigeria’s leading manufacturing conglomerates, is set to earn a mega dividend of N39.4 billion from his cement business – BUA Cement Plc – via his direct stake.....if everthing remain equal it will take the empolyee 50 years of work to earn the enterprenures profit for a year .....so it boil down to even employee of Lga on 28 k per month to okada rider that make 3 k daily

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:52am On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
that was a successful employee vs successful entrepreneur Abdulsamad Rabiu, the founder of BUA Group, one of Nigeria’s leading manufacturing conglomerates, is set to earn a mega dividend of N39.4 billion from his cement business – BUA Cement Plc – via his direct stake.

At what age did he cease to be an employee and became an employer?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:56am On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

At what age did he cease to be an employee and became an employer?.
1988 at 32 years old
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:59am On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

It will take years to grow to the level of PWC. Moreover PWC is not owned by a single individual. No be every person like stress of entrepreneurship even if more money will be made. It gets to an age whereby all you need is rest and traveling. Person no come this world to live forever.
he can partner with like mind it called partnership...who tell u enterprenures have stress na ...i can be an investor and be on board of a successful ENTERPRISE.....the real stress na wake up 4 am to resume for bank by 7 am to reach house by 9 pm daily for 20 years and get fired at the end ....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:05am On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
1988 at 32 years old

That is a good age to take a risk at entrepreneurship. Risk of entrepreneurship is not good at a certain age.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:09am On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
he can partner with like mind it called partnership...who tell u enterprenures have stress na ...i can be an investor and be on board of a successful ENTERPRISE.....the real stress na wake up 4 am to resume for bank by 7 am to reach house by 9 pm daily for 20 years and get fired at the end ....

Have you not been reading stories here about entrepreneurs?. While your workers might be doing shifts, you will have to be there all through the shifts to ensure that fraudulent workers do not clean you out and send you back to square one. Btw, banking work is not the only job in the world. When i did my industrial attachment in Shell some years ago, working hours was 7:30am to 4:30pm.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

That is a good age to take a risk at entrepreneurship. Risk of entrepreneurship is not good at a certain age.
risk of been fired or downsize or right size is looming large at a certain age ....doing notting is more risky
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
risk of been fired or downsize or right size is looming large at a certain age ....doing notting is more risky

Everything in life is a risk. Life itself is a risk. There is also risk of failure and loosing everything as an entrepreneur. Everybody cannot be an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur needs 9-5 people to succeed. If everybody become entrepreneurs, who will do 9-5?. Without a 9-5 person, you will not be able to post on this Nairaland. Do you really think it is only Seun that ensures Nairaland is up and running 24/7/365?.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 07, 2021
ojesymsym:
61 million every month.

Where do I start my prayers from now??

Maybe the salary is pegged to the dollar and when dollar increase, the salary may increase. If that is the case, I wonder if he will ever agree to reduce even if dollar reduce?

Sorry where are you getting this 61m per month from? Nobody at MTN Nigeria makes 61m per month!

The nairametric article says total pay of the executive directors increased from x to y. And that increase of 146m is mainly attributed to the appointment of the new ED Kadiri. It doesn’t even necessarily mean that Kadiri got the whole 146m.

There was also a general increase in salaries at MTN so it may mean that the increase in the salaries of the other EDs plus Kadiri’s salary is responsible for the 146m increase in total ED compensation from the previous year.

Na wa o...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:27am On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

Everything in life is a risk. Life itself is a risk. There is also risk of failure and loosing everything as an entrepreneur. Everybody cannot an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur needs 9-5 people to succeed. If everybody become entrepreneurs, who will do 9-5?. Without a 9-5 person, you will not be able to post on this Nairaland. Do you really think it is only Seun that ensures Nairaland is up and running 24/7/365?.
without entrepreneurs taking the risk the 9 to 5 people will be home starving ....and forming militant groups
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:32am On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
without entrepreneurs taking the risk the 9 to 5 people will be home starving ....and forming militant groups

And without the 9 to 5 people, the entrepreneur will fail from day 1 or even die from exhaustion of having to do all the work alone. cool

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:35am On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

And without the 9 to 5 people, the entrepreneur will fail from day 1 or even die from exhaustion of having to do all the work alone. cool
he wouldn't die he has the capital to live on ..or do enterprenurship that doesn't require workers....like buy and selling land ...buy and sell ing Gold
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 07, 2021
Like how much does a regular BM in bank branches take home after deduction.Is it up to 3M monthly.I want to know if my guy is lying to me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:40am On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

The Sure Path Section

The sure path is the most predictable path to wealth. It is how the majority of the upper class people got there. There are basically two paths under this section:

1. The Entrepreneur path

The Entrepreneur Path is the surest path to wealth. Starting, growing, and succeeding in business is the greatest and most noble way of creating wealth. This is because it is not focused on you and your family. It is focused on making a real impact, solving real problems, and making the world a better place. The majority of the world’s wealth is created this way. And it is the most predictable path to joining the upper class. Thus, if you want to speed up your journey to the upper class in ways that are noble, free of regret, and impactful, this is the path to follow.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:46am On Apr 07, 2021
he said 732million per annum, I divided by 12 abi dem don change the calculation or the 732 million is wrong first of all?

Lazyyouth4u:

Sorry where are you getting this 61m per month from? Nobody at MTN Nigeria makes 61m per month!

The nairametric article says total pay of the executive directors increased from x to y. And that increase of 146m is mainly attributed to the appointment of the new ED Kadiri. It doesn’t even necessarily mean that Kadiri got the whole 146m.

There was also a general increase in salaries at MTN so it may mean that the increase in the salaries of the other EDs plus Kadiri’s salary is responsible for the 146m increase in total ED compensation from the previous year.

Na wa o...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 07, 2021
[quote author=ahiboilandgas post=100569653]The Sure Path Section

The sure path is the most predictable path to wealth. It is how the majority of the upper class people got there. There are basically two paths under this section:

1. The Entrepreneur path

The Entrepreneur Path is the surest path to wealth. Starting, growing, and succeeding in business is the greatest and most noble way of creating wealth. This is because it is not focused on you and your family. It is focused on making a real impact, solving real problems, and making the world a better place. The majority of the world’s wealth is created this way. And it is the most predictable path to joining the upper class. Thus, if you want to speed up your journey to the upper class in ways that are noble, free of regret, and impactful, this is the path to follow.[/quote.]

Which particular set of people do you see as entrepreneur in Nigeria context.The vast majority are into buying/selling (traders)Does this class have a chance to fall into the world wealthy status.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:52am On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

Have you not been reading stories here about entrepreneurs?. While your workers might be doing shifts, you will have to be there all through the shifts to ensure that fraudulent workers do not clean you out and send you back to square one. Btw, banking work is not the only job in the world. When i did my industrial attachment in Shell some years ago, working hours was 7:30am to 4:30pm.
read through the article on nairametric FINANCEHow to move from middle class to upper class (Part 2)

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2021
ojesymsym:
he said 732million per annum, I divided by 12 abi dem don change the calculation or the 732 million is wrong first of all?

Is that your comprehension of this statement?

Executive Directors of MTN also reported a pay raise from N586 million per annum in 2019 to N732 million in 2020. This is attributed to the appointment of Modupe Kadiri as Executive Director in March 2020’

Okay. Let me just be going quietly..... lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2021
OH my. I think I may really have misread the situation.

But I think all the commenters after that also did because it brought the argument of entrepreneur vs employee again.

Lazyyouth4u:

Is that your comprehension of this statement?

Executive Directors of MTN also reported a pay raise from N586 million per annum in 2019 to N732 million in 2020. This is attributed to the appointment of Modupe Kadiri as Executive Director in March 2020’

Okay. Let me just be going quietly..... lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
he wouldn't die he has the capital to live on ..or do enterprenurship that doesn't require workers....like buy and selling land ...buy and sell ing Gold

So he will just buy lands and go and sleep abi?. I guess he will mould the blocks, produce cement, produce sand, dig borehole for water etc to fence the land and be clearing the bushes on the land by himself before he sells.

Leave entrepreneurship to who wants to be an entrepreneur and leave employment to who wants to be an employee. This your entrepreneur argument is very weak.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:05am On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
The Sure Path Section

1. The Entrepreneur path

The Entrepreneur Path is the surest path to wealth. Starting, growing, and succeeding in business is the greatest and most noble way of creating wealth. This is because it is not focused on you and your family. It is focused on making a real impact, solving real problems, and making the world a better place. The majority of the world’s wealth is created this way. And it is the most predictable path to joining the upper class. Thus, if you want to speed up your journey to the upper class in ways that are noble, free of regret, and impactful, this is the path to follow.

Who is arguing about this?. Can the about 6Billion people in the world become entrepreneurs?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
A man that gets roi on his bonds and other financial investment and does nothing afterwards, is he an employee or entrepreneur?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
RayRay06677:
A man that gets roi on his bonds and other financial investment and does nothing afterwards, is he an employee or entrepreneur?
entrepreneur/investor class
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

What is the ratio of Shell workers that were able to maintain their standard of living after collecting their pay-offs when they resigned?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2021
afroxyz:

What is the ratio of Shell workers that were able to maintain their standard of living after collecting their pay-offs when they resigned?

What is the link to this discussion about entrepreneur and employee?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Opzyyy: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2021
hustla:

Not sure bro

They refused to issues one to me after paying because of my references

Haven't had time to go there since then
references to who/what please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
Executive Directors of MTN also reported a pay raise from N586 million per annum in 2019 to N732 million in 2020. This is attributed to the appointment of Modupe Kadiri as Executive Director in March 2020.....chai this employee don pass enterprenures oooh

Can you share a link to that.

Executive directors, the company has about 3 executive directors. The CEO is one of the executive directors
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

Will you now advise such a person to resign to go and be an entrepreneur in the name of answering 'iam an entrepreneur?'. grin

Everybody can't be an enterpreneur but everybody can be an investor.

Mr Gbenga Oyebode SAN, will go home with a dividend of N252 million from Okomu Oil next month.

Okomu Oil has palm oil plantations in Edo State.

I wonder why the companies making billions of naira profits in agriculture on NSE are owned by foreign core investors

Okomu and Presco
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
rookidmart:

I pass my neighbour grin

On a serious note, the owners most likely construct charging stations at home
Sure. They might even support it with solar.

But I believe they won't be driving it too far like traveling cos if it died on the road, how would they recharge?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
na to open his own Auditing firm by the sideline and grow to the level of Pwc....he will still.make more money runing a successful accounting firm .....u no hear how much Ned earn for Paris club refund 54 bn naira

Not that easy, do you know the number of partners he will have in order to get big jobs that will pay up to N500 milion per audit?

He will need to run the business for 30 years or above, before he can get the type of jobs the big firms are getting.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

Exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1843) (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) ... (2242) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: OCTAVO and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.