Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4470572 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (2235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
1988 at 32 years old

His father's name equally opened doors for him. His father was one of the old money men I Nigeria, he worked briefly in the family business before he decided to go solo

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
he can partner with like mind it called partnership...who tell u enterprenures have stress na ...i can be an investor and be on board of a successful ENTERPRISE.....the real stress na wake up 4 am to resume for bank by 7 am to reach house by 9 pm daily for 20 years and get fired at the end ....

Do you know the number of partners in PWC, KPMG, Delloite. The partners earn mega bucks.

Leavung the big firms to start an audit/consulting firm will take decades to make the type of income and caliber of clients the big 4 firms.

The big firms are mergers of different firms, because they have realized that it better to own 5% of the big audit firms than to own 100% of a small firm

Law firms are even merging in order to get bigger jobs, this is common with those who specializes in business, corporate and commercial laws
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:53pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

That is a good age to take a risk at entrepreneurship. Risk of entrepreneurship is not good at a certain age.

He is also from a privileged family
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rookidmart: 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Sure. They might even support it with solar.
True, although given the current state of solar charging tech, that would take a very long time and is not really efficient.

But I believe they won't be driving it too far like traveling cos if it died on the road, how would they recharge?
Proper planning is the best way to go.

As with fossil fuel cars you plan for your trip by having enough fuel beforehand (that is if you don't plan to buy fuel), Tesla owners too will plan to have enough charge before they set off.

Tesla’s long-range Model S promises to drive roughly 370 miles without stopping for a charge — about the distance from Lagos to Abuja (~331 miles)
So barring any faults by the car on the road, you can charge your Tesla fully before you leave Lagos, and arrive Abuja with charge left over. Plus you can always shut down your car in traffic and let solar replenish a few lost cells.

I think the greatest danger in long trips is the possibility of mechanical damage to the car on the road: getting competent mechanics on the highway for already established fossil fuel cars is already a chore, not to talk of for a car the mechanics possibly don't even know exist!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

What is the link to this discussion about entrepreneur and employee?.

Some people just like to argue for argument’s sake grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

Have you not been reading stories here about entrepreneurs?. While your workers might be doing shifts, you will have to be there all through the shifts to ensure that fraudulent workers do not clean you out and send you back to square one. Btw, banking work is not the only job in the world. When i did my industrial attachment in Shell some years ago, working hours was 7:30am to 4:30pm.

90% or more of enterpreneurship in Nigeria are on the nano, micro and small scale, majority are self employed but are not doing businesses on an autopilot.

An employee trade his time for money, and will be paid by his employer.

A small business owner or self employed person, trade his time for money, and he will be paid by himself.

A structured business owner, uses other people's time for money, the workers and the business owners will be paid by the business.

If you are a business owner that needs to monitor your drivers, trucks, run around for allocation of products by yourself, your are self employed. You are still trading your time for money

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Everybody can't be an enterpreneur but everybody can be an investor.

Mr Gbenga Oyebode SAN, will go home with a dividend of N252 million from Okomu Oil next month.

Okomu Oil has palm oil plantations in Edo State.

I wonder why the companies making billions of naira profits in agriculture on NSE are owned by foreign core investors

Okomu and Presco

To Ahib, the man should sell his shares and go and become an entrepreneur. grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Can you share a link to that.

Executive directors, the company has about 3 executive directors. The CEO is one of the executive directors

Not true. There are about 15 people at Exco level...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

Gbenga Oyebode is an entrepreneur o grin

He’s one of the owners of Aluko & Oyebode. The law firm. Oga Emma was talking about dividends from his investments in Okomu.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

Everything in life is a risk. Life itself is a risk. There is also risk of failure and loosing everything as an entrepreneur. Everybody cannot an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur needs 9-5 people to succeed. If everybody become entrepreneurs, who will do 9-5?. Without a 9-5 person, you will not be able to post on this Nairaland. Do you really think it is only Seun that ensures Nairaland is up and running 24/7/365?.

In Ecology a branch of Biology. We have predators, preys, producers, microorganisms in a typical habitat.

Anong the predators, we have different levels of predators. The preys can be herbivores, omnivores or herbivores.

Nature has done it in such a way that the apex predators can't be more than 5% of the population of animals in the habitat.

In a situation whereby we have 20% of the animal population as apex predators, it will distrup the balance of nature. The predators will die of starvation, will lead to cannibalism or they will have to migrate to other locations

This is applicable to labour market. In a situation whereby 30% of the population in labour force become enterpreneurs, it will be a workers market. Enterpreneurs won't have workers to work for them again, enterpreneurs will not have who will buy their products and services again.

In order to survive they have to migrate to other areas where there are few enterpreneurs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Not that easy, do you know the number of partners he will have in order to get big jobs that will pay up to N500 billion per audit?

He will need to run the business for 30 years or above, before he can get the type of jobs the big firms are getting.

Ahib think it is just to setup an audit firm and pronto, you start getting auditing jobs of MTN, Airtel, Zenith, GTB etc. grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

He’s one of the owners of Aluko & Oyebode. The law firm. Oga Emma was talking about dividends from his investments in Okomu.

One of the biggest law firms that specializes in corporate and business law.

The law firm is a partnership between him and his late friend
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

His father's name equally opened doors for him. His father was one of the old money men I Nigeria, he worked briefly in the family business before he decided to go solo

So the chairman of BUA even had a head start and people are thinking that he just jump into entrepreneurship and started making billions from it. Na so life easy when everybody for this world never become billionaires?.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

One of the biggest law firms that specializes in corporate and business law.

The law firm is a partnership between him and his late friend

Yes they are really cleaning out. Banwo & Ighodalo, Olaniwun Ajayi and Templars are also doing very well.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Do you know the number of partners in PWC, KPMG, Delloite. The partners earn mega bucks.

Leavung the big firms to start an audit/consulting firm will take decades to make the type of income and caliber of clients the big 4 firms.

The big firms are mergers of different firms, because they have realized that it better to own 5% of the big audit firms than to own 100% of a small firm

Law firms are even merging in order to get bigger jobs, this is common with those who specializes in business, corporate and commercial laws

The 'P' in KPMG might be from the group Peat Marwick, Ani, Ogunde which was a Chartered Accounting firm.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2021
rookidmart:

True, although given the current state of solar charging tech, that would take a very long time and is not really efficient.

As with fossil fuel cars you plan for your trip by having enough fuel beforehand (that is if you don't plan to buy fuel), Tesla owners too will plan to have enough charge before they set off.

Tesla’s long-range Model S promises to drive roughly 370 miles without stopping for a charge — about the distance from Lagos to Abuja (~331 miles)
So barring any faults by the car on the road, you can charge your Tesla fully before you leave Lagos, and arrive Abuja with charge left over. Plus you can always shut down your car in traffic and let solar replenish a few lost cells.

I think the greatest danger in long trips is the possibility of mechanical damage to the car on the road: getting competent mechanics on the highway for already established fossil fuel cars is already a chore, not to talk of for a car the mechanics possibly don't even know exist!

Have you ever met a bumper-to-bumper traffic on the highway?. How do you shutdown the car in such a situation?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2021
rookidmart:

True, although given the current state of solar charging tech, that would take a very long time and is not really efficient

Solar charging is very efficient. I use solar at home too.

Just avoid all those Chinese and India stuff. Go for quality German and USA standards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

The 'P' in KPMG might be from the group Peat Marwick, Ani, Ogunde which was a Chartered Accounting firm.

Ani & Ogunde opened the Nigerian office of Peat Marwick, hence the name Peat Marwick Ani Ogunde.

When Peat Marwick International became KPMG, Peat Marwick Ani Ogunde Nigeria became KPMG.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2021
Quite appalling.

But I do believe that people decide the life they want to live by their actions and inactions.

Many Nigerians are (un)consciously comfortable with their status.

They may complain about it, but they do nothing about it.

Many MINDS in Nigeria have been preconditioned to believe nothing can work, it's hard to make money, and one day e go better. While a few are investing all (MIND, MIGHT, MONEY and TIME).

HOPE and PRAYER are no strategy to exit poverty, moneylessness and lack.

To earn more, learn more (valuable and in-demand skills).

Do you know that new millionaires and billionaires have emerged through this "hard times" of our country?

Political governance has failed Nigerians, now is the time to advance our self-governance principles to achieve all we want to be.

Best wishes.

ojesymsym:
Sometimes it is very easy to be removed from reality when ones hears the different currencies and millions mentioned on this thread. I went through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6491625/30000-salary-earners-how-cope/1 and my heart bleeds meeeiii.

It is so easy to sit on a high horse and judge people, sometimes threads like this helps us understand that the suffering some of us call suffer na heaven for a lot of people.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

In Ecology a branch of Biology. We have predators, preys, producers, microorganisms in a typical habitat.

Anong the predators, we have different levels of predators. The preys can be herbivores, omnivores or herbivores.

Nature has done it in such a way that the apex predators can't be more than 5% of the population of animals in the habitat.

In a situation whereby we have 20% of the animal population as apex predators, it will distrup the balance of nature. The predators will die of starvation, will lead to cannibalism or they will have to migrate to other locations

This is applicable to labour market. In a situation whereby 30% of the population in labour force become enterpreneurs, it will be a workers market. Enterpreneurs won't have workers to work for them again, enterpreneurs who have who will buy their products and services again.

In order to survive they have to migrate to other areas where there are few enterpreneurs.

Gbam. You have nailed it.

I watched NatGeoWild a lot. I have noticed that wildebeest and antelopes are so many that no matter how many are killed by lions, other big cats and crocodiles during the annual wildebeest migration, they are not extinct. If the big cats had outnumbered them, the big cats will die of starvation.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

Before I think say that 1960 na just chosen moniker from our independence year. But with that post above, I now know say you be egbon for here. Wehdone sir!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Yes they are really cleaning out. Banwo & Ighodalo, Olaniwun Ajayi and Templars are also doing very well.

Olanuwun Ajayi is oldest surving law firm in Nigeria. The law firm is about 60 years old.

The son of the founder Prof Kanyisola Ajayi SAN, is now the principal partner of the firm. Kanyin Ajayi is a non executive director of Dangote Sugar

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Not true. There are about 15 people at Exco level...

I am referring to the executive directors on the board of the company. 15 executive directors is on the high side. If you have 15 executive directors on the board and 20 non executive directors on the board. That is a 35 man board, kilode
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

He will get another dividend of N35 million from Access Bank and hundreds of millions of Naira from MTN between now and next month
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Before I think say that 1960 na just chosen moniker from our independence year. But with that post above, I now know say you be egbon for here. Wehdone sir!!! grin

Na from our independence o. Iam just a 'hard working youth' that decided to choose the date we became free. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2021
The lady who got a dividend of about N200 million from Zenith bank

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I am referring to the executive directors on the board of the company. 15 executive directors is on the high side. If you have 15 executive directors on the board and 20 non executive directors on the board. That is a 35 man board, kilode

Ok boss. I was referring to the Executive level guys that take the executive compensation. Not the board of directors.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

Na from our independence o. Iam just a 'hard working youth' that decided to choose the date we became free. cheesy grin

My oga, if you say so o grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2021
NL1960:

ur are confuse u can't differentiate bet employee and enterprenure....the investor in share is a class of enterprenure...he can earn zero from okumu oil
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2021
See as she fine.
Senior yoot say make I ask you for her number, he wan ask am something.

emmanuelewumi:
The lady who got a dividend of about N200 million from Zenith bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2021
Even though this is true, it is the same all over the world.

But I now understand why developed societies do not leave them to their fate.

Because rather than accept responsibilities for their situations, they rather choose the part of becoming predators and feeding instead on those who took the best decision to better their lives.

Law of natural selection you will say.

tolajay:
Quite appalling.

But I do believe that people decide the life they want to live by their actions and inactions.

Many Nigerians are (un)consciously comfortable with their status.

They may complain about it, but they do nothing about it.

Many MINDS in Nigeria have been preconditioned to believe nothing can work, it's hard to make money, and one day e go better. While a few are investing all (MIND, MIGHT, MONEY and TIME).

HOPE and PRAYER are no strategy to exit poverty, moneylessness and lack.

To earn more, learn more (valuable and in-demand skills).

Do you know that new millionaires and billionaires have emerged through this "hard times" of our country?

Political governance has failed Nigerians, now is the time to advance our self-governance principles to achieve all we want to be.

Best wishes.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
ojesymsym:
Even though this is true, it is the same all over the world.

But I now understand why developed societies do not leave them to their fate.

Because rather than accept responsibilities for their situations, they rather choose the part of becoming predators and feeding instead on those who took the best decision to better their lives.

Law of natural selection you will say.

My first degree is in Biology.

Law of natural selection, is specie specific. Survival of the fittest among organisms of the same species. Competing for space, food, mating right, water, air.

What I described is food chain, Trophic level and energy transformation in nature. The lower the organism in the Trophic level, the higher the energy they store. Plants are the lowest in the Trophic level

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (2235) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.