Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4442875 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1878) (1879) (1880) (1881) (1882) (1883) (1884) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ijeoma660(f): 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I am not sure you already have the fund for the Investment.

When you have the money, pray over this matter and allow the holy spirit to direct you.

Are you expecting me to admit this on an open forum as this...Boss not so na...

All I expect is your critic on the both.

Thanks for your input nonetheless.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ijeoma660:

Are you expecting me to admit this on an open forum as this...Boss not so na...

All I expect is your critic on the both.

Thanks for your input nonetheless.

None is better than the other, nothing to criticize.

They are all Investment vehicles for different purposes.

You cant say which is better between a car, Jeep, truck, bus or motorcycle. They are all toys that can move us and our goods from point A to point B.

Your urgency, situation, peculiarity and luggage etc will determine which will serve you better at a given time

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by asskush: 7:13pm On Apr 26, 2021
Hello Experts in the house, is it the right time to buy dollar. Please advise.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2021
asskush:
There is no wrong time to buy dollar.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ijeoma660:
Which would you go for?

I will go for the bonds, use the cashflow from the 6monthly coupons to invest in other juicy investment opportunities that present along the way.

No mind me, am a LAZY investor

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
ukay2:

I will go for the bonds, use the cashflow from the 6monthly coupons to invest in other juicy investment opportunities that present along the way.

No mind me, am a LAZY investor

What is your definition of a lazy Investor?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
At this point of insecurity, inflation, unforseen circumstances in Nigeria, I think it is unwise not to hold any foreign currency to curb the unaccountability in Nigeria.

The so called "UNKNOWN GUNMEN" attack banks, kidnap at their will. Very soon they will start hitting the CBN carting away with Naira, more Naira will be printed and hyper-inflation is likely to kick in.
By then a N200 condom may start selling for N35,000.

asskush:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Brainbox0806: 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ijeoma660:
Which would you go for?

Will go for the fixed investment, the uncertainty and frustration as regards house rent is something I don't wanna pass through.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is your definition of a lazy Investor?

Stressless
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2021
Brainbox0806:

Will go for the fixed investment, the uncertainty and frustration as regards house rent is something I don't wanna pass through.
Share your experience.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2021
ukay2:

Stressless

You want to sleep well at night and you love money made while sleeping or lazing around
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You want to sleep well at night and you love money made while sleeping or lazing around

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 8:35pm On Apr 26, 2021
asskush:

Buy all the foreign currency you can now and hold it offshore if you can.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 8:43pm On Apr 26, 2021
janga02:

This is apt, God bless you for this piece.

The funniest things about nigerian situation is, despite cutting corners we are still not better off. May God change our heart, change Nigeria for good.
Amen! Hmmm it is well with our dear nation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Brainbox0806: 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2021
condomuser:
At this point of insecurity, inflation, unforseen circumstances in Nigeria, I think it is unwise not to hold any foreign currency to curb the unaccountability in Nigeria.

The so called "UNKNOWN GUNMEN" attack banks, kidnap at their will. Very soon they will start hitting the CBN carting away with Naira, more Naira will be printed and hyper-inflation is likely to kick in.

Lol.Condom gini, u don't talk about bread for common man na who chop bellefull dey buy condom. The inflation is damn crazy. Viewing the naira depreciation pics ogogoro posted really changed my mindset towards naira
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by libartay(f): 6:02am On Apr 27, 2021
Ijeoma660:
Which would you go for?

Add Buying strong Foreign currency for same N60m and keeping for 30 years to the comparism.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by asskush: 8:39am On Apr 27, 2021
Cyberknight:

Buy all the foreign currency you can now and hold it offshore if you can.
Can you explain more why it should be kept offshore and what is the process
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:25am On Apr 27, 2021
A friend of mine sent me this post and it made me really happy.

This Modus Create is a U.S company. There's no way those guys they employed are earning lesser than $5k.

Nigeria has had a lot of potential in agriculture and oil, and now human capital. There is opportunity in tech both for personal liberation from poverty and even a chance for the country to harness forex. And the good news now is that, you always do not have to relocate if you do not want to, there are thousands of remote jobs.

All these dead niggas being voted in power are old school niggas that can't even operate an iPad, how will the country ever move forward? How will the naira ever make sense?

Personal liberation is good but I can't wait to see a Nigeria where we have the greatest tech talent in the world.

And to the citizens, enough of the Yahoo stigmatization, people are making clean money for delivering legit value. We need better government policies but we are making progress.

2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2021
GitHub Octoverse.

Tech is where the next ray of opportunity lies for us as a country. We need to start reworking out curriculums, improving digital literacy, increasing internet speeds and formulating good policies that can even attract tech employers to the country.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:29am On Apr 27, 2021
I would have posted the latest Bitcoin P2P ranking also, but some fellow old people here will say it's fraud, so let me stop for now.

But the data is everywhere, the time for us as a person and a nation to harness tech is now. Now or never!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:
GitHub Octoverse.

Tech is where the next ray of opportunity lies for us as a country. We need to start reworking out curriculums, improving digital literacy, increasing internet speeds and formulating good policies that can even attract tech employers to the country.

The statistic is some how misleading, it measures growth in contributors since last year. Meaning that if Nigeria had 100 contributors last year now they got 165, percentage of contributors by country would be more informative.

Anyhoo, good development. I mostly write python scripts.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:23am On Apr 27, 2021
I hate to say bad things about my country men but the truth is, only a few percentage of Nigerians will use their high speed internet for anything productive if eventually we get high speed internet access.

But as you have rightly said, digital economy is the way to go. It is the one sector that does not discriminate. YOu don't need to know any oga to succeed and a business sense.
All you need is the right skill set or knowledge and you will have very close to equal opportunity to anywhere else in the world.
Tobex4realTobex234:
GitHub Octoverse.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:53am On Apr 27, 2021
libartay:

Add Buying strong Foreign currency for same N60m and keeping for 30 years to the comparism.

On the long run assets will be repriced. N1 million invested in real estate 40 years ago will beat inflation and currency devaluation

Lagos State sold duplexes for about N50,000 at Gbagada Phase 1 in the 80s.

N1 million will buy 20 units, each is currently valued at about N60 million. 20 units is valued at N1.2 billion, minimum rental income of N40 million or $80,000 per annum

The most important thing is to invest, reinvest and cash should not be more than 10% of your investment portfolio

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2021
asskush:

Can you explain more why it should be kept offshore and what is the process

Better to be invested offshore, if you have the opportunity.

Your forex in Nigerian banks or forex denominated Investments that are domiciled in Nigeria while the country is bleeding are not safe

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by craleonic: 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

I will go mad if I try to read your stupid epistle. Frustrated illiterate like you wey dey hang here to find maga. Have you noticed that I never responded to your many mentions here? E get reason. I know you are not here for genuine reasons. The other time you ask about how to access account of dead person. Next time you dey ask about salary of bank manager. Why? Oga your plans shall never work in Jesus name.

I don respond to your alternate brainbox moniker and take this as my last. I repeat before God and man. Me and you will never ever in this lifetime dey the same category. Illiterate like you. You so want me to be woman so that you go fit dey call me olosho. Is that the best you have? Now I see why you dey drive uber. Make hunger and frustration no kpai you o.

If he is indeed an uber driver, he must be one of the many who constantly harass female customers due to deep-sitted inferiority complex. I wonder what the source of his ment is, accumulated pain from years of rejection from women?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
There is no wrong time to buy dollar.
Chai, naira has become worthless like Zimbabwe dollars, l wish l have the power and means, l will arrest all the former Nigeria president, vice-president, all former members of Parliament and all those who contributed directly or indirectly to have made the country a cesspit of poverty, starvation, headquarters of extreme poverty in the world, terrorist / sympathizers and collaborators to terrorism etc, execute all of them and throw them inside the Atlantic Ocean to be eaten by sharks angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2021
ojesymsym:
I hate to say bad things about my country men but the truth is, only a few percentage of Nigerians will use their high speed internet for anything productive if eventually we get high speed internet access.

But as you have rightly said, digital economy is the way to go. It is the one sector that does not discriminate. YOu don't need to know any oga to succeed and a business sense.
All you need is the right skill set or knowledge and you will have very close to equal opportunity to anywhere else in the world.

Fact! Someone like me will ditch analogue TV, pay per view TV and finally enjoy Kodi & torrents and mojo to the fullest. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
Even you??
You wen I be wan take brag say u go commot from writing python codes and matlab to "COBRA"... "RUGLAB"

That means no hope then.
ositadima1:

Fact! Someone like me will ditch analogue TV, pay per view TV and finally enjoy Kodi & torrents and mojo to the fullest. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Just got this

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
condomuser:

Hian, Lol at condom selling for 35,00 naira, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, once condom becomes 35,000, so many people will go the route of celibacy grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2021
ojesymsym:
Even you??
You wen I be wan take brag say u go commot from writing python codes and matlab to "COBRA"... "RUGLAB"

That means no hope then.

Be like say the slow network na blessing in disguise o. I would end up being an addict to online multiplayer games, the likes of Grand Theft Auto. cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Lol at condom selling for 35,00 naira, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, once condom becomes 35,000, so many people will go the route of celibacy grin

Who told you? Skin to skin will become popular again, some people will come up with some funny ideas like how rubbing chewed up onion or yabas on your thing will protect you from STDs. shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (1878) (1879) (1880) (1881) (1882) (1883) (1884) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: drealj, sonshyne and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.