Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429941 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1880) (1881) (1882) (1883) (1884) (1885) (1886) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
akinola98:
Hello Fellow investors and knowledgeable people

I saw Dangote Cement bond today at 3,5 and 7 years tenor between 11 to 13.5% yield .
Do u think it is a good investment and safe ?? ..ur advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Not bad, manageable Investment. You will need a minimum of N10 million to invest in the offer

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:22am On Apr 28, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Income generating assets will always be repriced. Some Investments are currently giving income that are 400% higher than what they gave me 12 years ago.

House rent of N5000 per annum in some parts of Lagos in 1990 is now N500,000 per annum

Always good to save and invest.

We save for the raining days and invest for the stormy years

Reason why at retirement, one should have at least one real estate Investment. It will provide free accommodation for the retiree

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dioklink: 8:44am On Apr 28, 2021
Good morning, I have a friend who wants to go into transport business, he wants to start by obtaining a car from hire purchase and run the business within portharcourt city? I want to know is the business is viable and requirements for getting a car in hire purchase. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silvoice(m): 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2021
silvoice:
which bank can I buy tbill for the coming auction, my first bank branch here in PH say they're not attending to individual tbill investors. is it same for all first bank? I need even if it is secondary rate .
thanks for your response
the extend to which they have derailed tbill contribution is worrisome here that no one is ready to answer questions again.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2021
So in all honesty most banks rather sell to you secondary market, I know first bank normally has alot of secondary market deals which in my opinion are not so bad

I think Zenith and GTB to the best of my knowledge do primary but Zenith most often than not lose their bids...

I also believe you can do primary with first bank but you can't determine your bid rate except if your face value is over 50million.

Personally I prefer secondary market rates.

silvoice:
the extend to which they have derailed tbill contribution is worrisome here that no one is ready to answer questions again.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Viqtour(m): 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2021
Anyone got idea of the treasury bill rate today?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2021
if he will not drive it, no need going to that business
dioklink:
Good morning, I have a friend who wants to go into transport business, he wants to start by obtaining a car from hire purchase and run the business within portharcourt city? I want to know is the business is viable and requirements for getting a car in hire purchase. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2021
Viqtour:
go and buy land or house in ur home town stop investing in treasury bills or bond Nigeria will soon collapse and for those of you that have dollar account go and withdraw and invest in real estates, only God can save this country from collapsing

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Macktaob(m): 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2021
Adegokenath:
go and buy land or house in ur home town stop investing in treasury bills or bond Nigeria will soon collapse and for those of you that have dollar account go and withdraw and invest in real estates, only God can save this country from collapsing
So, if the country collapses, the hometown you advised to go build house is situated where?

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2021
Adegokenath:

You de try for advice angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2021
gurus in the house, pls someone should pls enlighten me about KUDA account, i saw 15% ROI on annual savings and i really want to know how valid KUDA account is.

thanks in anticipation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Income generating assets will always be repriced. Some Investments are currently giving income that are 400% higher than what they gave me 12 years ago.

House rent of N5000 per annum in some parts of Lagos in 1990 is now N500,000 per annum

Always good to save and invest.

We save for the raining days and invest for the stormy years

In some cases, tell us that the original investor is not the one benefitting and the amount sunk into maintaining and remodeling to meet up today's concept and all the down time associated with that building since inception.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FatherCHRISTMAS: 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2021
Adegokenath:

God??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2021
Heaven
Macktaob:

So, if the country collapses, the hometown you advised to go build house is situated where?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2021
Which kind "BEER PARLOUR" advice be this?

Nigeria will soon collapse? Stop misleading certain people. Do you know what it takes for a country to collapse? Even when there was civil war, Nigeria didn't collapse, let alone in times of agitation and insecurity.

Worst advice is to build a house with all your capital in a village where you spend 14 days out of 365 days a year with no income from it and then you go back to base and keep living like a puppet.

Adegokenath:

20 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2021
RayRay06677:

In some cases, tell us that the original investor is not the one benefitting and the amount sunk into maintaining and remodeling to meet up today's concept and all the down time associated with that building since inception.

500k for old houses of 40 years, newly built houses are 800k and above
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dioklink: 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2021
lavylilly:
if he will not drive it, no need going to that business
He will drive it himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Viqtour(m): 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
Viqtour:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 6:09pm On Apr 28, 2021
dioklink:
He will drive it himself
Yeah, it's a good business as long as he understands the business terrains
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silvoice(m): 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2021
damilola1978:
So in all honesty most banks rather sell to you secondary market, I know first bank normally has alot of secondary market deals which in my opinion are not so bad

I think Zenith and GTB to the best of my knowledge do primary but Zenith most often than not lose their bids...

I also believe you can do primary with first bank but you can't determine your bid rate except if your face value is over 50million.

Personally I prefer secondary market rates.

ok thanks but the first bank branch that told me that the are not selling again is the branch that I have been using for years now. so I wonder why they will suddenly say they're not attending to tbill, it made me to miss this auction today ( I assume) that is why I want to know whether it is the latest development. or they just don't want to attend to me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2021
Excellent advice that should be heeded.
emmanuelewumi:

Reason why at retirement, one should have at least one real estate Investment. It will provide free accommodation for the retiree
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

500k for old houses of 40 years, newly built houses are 800k and above

1990 TO 2020 IS 30YRS, LIFE IS TOO SHORT. GOOD FOR THE YOUNG STARS, EXCEPT YOU WANT TO KEEP THOSE STUFFS FOR YOUR KIDS. GOOD LUCK THOUGH
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2021
Adegokenath:

This same assumption deprived me of attending NDA in the 90's.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
Adegokenath:
why don't you sell all you have,saved and go enjoy because the world will soon end.I have all the proof you need that the world will soon end.... nothing way free data no dey cause

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
RayRay06677:

1990 TO 2020 IS 30YRS, LIFE IS TOO SHORT. GOOD FOR THE YOUNG STARS, EXCEPT YOU WANT TO KEEP THOSE STUFFS FOR YOUR KIDS. GOOD LUCK THOUGH

Bones of contention is that on the long run assets will always be repriced
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamachi(f): 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2021
skydiver01:
Excellent advice that should be heeded.
How do one get their with a pay cheque of =N=50,000?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 8:56pm On Apr 28, 2021
Today's TBill auction results are below.
Viqtour:

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 9:23pm On Apr 28, 2021
skydiver01:
Today's TBill auction results are below.

So far it's only 365 that has been surging upwards. Hopefully next 2 auction will cross the 10% threshold

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:49am On Apr 29, 2021
silvoice:
ok thanks but the first bank branch that told me that the are not selling again is the branch that I have been using for years now. so I wonder why they will suddenly say they're not attending to tbill, it made me to miss this auction today ( I assume) that is why I want to know whether it is the latest development. or they just don't want to attend to me.

You can go for secondary market as from tomorrow. Btw, could end of month balancing of books be the cause of why they lied to you?. You can always port to TBs friendly banks like stanbic.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2021
Hamachi:
How do one get their with a pay cheque of =N=50,000?

Little drops of water.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2021
ositadima1:

Fact! Someone like me will ditch analogue TV, pay per view TV and finally enjoy Kodi & torrents and mojo to the fullest. grin
Do you know how to set up that kodi stuff ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1880) (1881) (1882) (1883) (1884) (1885) (1886) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.