Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1890) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4455481 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) ... (2232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 08, 2021
nwaogukings03:
Where are thy financial gurus?
If you have a 1million Naira, what are the 3 best places to invest it?

1. Stocks? Which stock is the best?
2. USDT(Crypto)?
3. Dollar(Domillary account)?
4. Eurobonds? Which one?
5. Treasure bills?
6. Piggyvest/smartsaver?
7. Other crypto coins?

Where

Bookmark this page and visit frequently , I'm sure with time you'll know your best option and risk appetite

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:09pm On May 08, 2021
nwaogukings03:

2. USDT(Crypto)?
4. Eurobonds? Which one?
5. Treasure bills?
6. Piggyvest/smartsaver?
7. Other crypto coins?

Where

Kindly add Number 8.

Sowing seeds in God's Kingdom

That is the best Investment, I can think of.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 8:16pm On May 08, 2021
nwaogukings03:

2. USDT(Crypto)?
4. Eurobonds? Which one?
5. Treasure bills?
6. Piggyvest/smartsaver?
7. Other crypto coins?

It depends on your risk appetite and investment knowledge.

Where

1, 2 and 7 requires specific knowledge of those instruments before you should be advised to invest in them.

3 isn't exactly an investment, at least in the short term. Depending on how much you are buying your dollars though, you may need to wait it out for a long period to see naira appreciation.

Eurobonds are generally safe, but expect around 6% per annum. On 1m, this is a profit of 60k after one year. Tbills is also relatively safe, but I'm not sure it has kissed double digits yet.

Piggyvest is 8%. That's 80k on 1m and I think you can withdraw the money anytime.

So if you have no risk appetite, you can do 400k Eurobonds, 600k Tbills.

If you have medium, you can do, 300k Eurobonds, 300k Tbills, 400k Piggyvest.

If you have a high risk appetite, then it's advisable that you have additional knowledge in crypto and stocks as it's hard to just give you a general advice if you have never invested in these before.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nwaogukings03: 8:56pm On May 08, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

1, 2 and 7 requires specific knowledge of those instruments before you should be advised to invest in them.

3 isn't exactly an investment, at least in the short term. Depending on how much you are buying your dollars though, you may need to wait it out for a long period to see naira appreciation.

Eurobonds are generally safe, but expect around 6% per annum. On 1m, this is a profit of 60k after one year. Tbills is also relatively safe, but I'm not sure it has kissed double digits yet.

Piggyvest is 8%. That's 80k on 1m and I think you can withdraw the money anytime.

So if you have no risk appetite, you can do 400k Eurobonds, 600k Tbills.

If you have medium, you can do, 300k Eurobonds, 300k Tbills, 400k Piggyvest.

If you have a high risk appetite, then it's advisable that you have additional knowledge in crypto and stocks as it's hard to just give you a general advice if you have never invested in these before.

Thanks for your input Tobex. I appreciate. Is 8% not below the inflation rate? That's my worry with Tbills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nwaogukings03: 8:57pm On May 08, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Kindly add Number 8.

This is unlike you. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nwaogukings03: 9:01pm On May 08, 2021
nwaogukings03:

2. USDT(Crypto)?
4. Eurobonds? Which one?
5. Treasure bills?
6. Piggyvest/smartsaver?
7. Other crypto coins?

Where

8. Real Estate.

Oya o oga Emmanuelwumi

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 9:49pm On May 08, 2021
grin
emmanuelewumi:

Kindly add Number 8.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 1:20am On May 09, 2021
nwaogukings03:

Thanks for your input Tobex. I appreciate. Is 8% not below the inflation rate? That's my worry with Tbills.

Yeah that's the sad part, the naira as a currency is a hard nut to crack. Inflation rate is currently around 18%, so Tbills and eurobonds in naira na like waste of value.

If I were you, I would convert to dollars and invest the dollars in Eurobonds. I-invest currently has at 7.6% and USD inflation rate is 1.25%.

Better still, try to learn stocks and crypto.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 2:15am On May 09, 2021
PraiseDLord:

T.bills rate has utterly crashed. Diversify your income stream and earn real money from trading Crypto.
You can sign on to Binance to get started using the link below:
https://accounts.binance.com/en/register?ref=69199315

See marketer...because you want me to use your referral...oga park well

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:17am On May 09, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Kindly add Number 8.

Where can i do this and what is the rate or ROI?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 10:34am On May 09, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Kindly add Number 8.

This I have to agree with.
It's a rule that works - you give and you get. Even the irreligious who know what's up apply it.
And it cuts across all "religions".
Just define "God's Kingdom" properly. Avoid the pastorpreneurs and their lousy tithing marketing and do your giving to people who really need it. Financially adopt an orphan or something like that, do your giving very quietly and very anonymously and it will indeed work for you.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 10:40am On May 09, 2021
and a resounding AMEN to the below.
Cyberknight:

It's a rule that works - you give and you get. Even the irreligious who know what's up apply it.
Just define "God's Kingdom" properly. Avoid the pastorpreneurs and their lousy tithing marketing and do your giving to people who really need it. Financially adopt an orphan or something like that, do your giving very quietly and very anonymously and it will indeed work for you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 10:46am On May 09, 2021
A mother's love is one of the purest forms of love, and today we celebrate all mothers everywhere.

To every mother who has exemplified unconditional love and care.

To every mother out there, we say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 11:04am On May 09, 2021
Cryptocurrency investors should be prepared to lose all their money, Bank of England governor says

When asked about the rising value of cryptocurrencies, Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey said: “They have no intrinsic value.”

“I’m going to say this very bluntly again,” he added. “Buy them only if you’re prepared to lose all your money.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/07/bank-of-englands-bailey-crypto-investors-risk-losing-all-their-money.html
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 11:24am On May 09, 2021
Cyberknight:

Widows, homeless folks, destitute, randomly visiting different hospitals and clinics and paying off the medical bills for different patients, taking food items, clothing to those in prison, reaching out to the aged in our communities with different support and acts of benevolence etc

When done faithfully without noise making, the celestial forces will be activated to bless you back regardless of your religious inclination, in all these try and make sure you avoid giving cash to intermediaries or 3rd parties ( to avoid your money going into voice mail or June 12 1993 presidential election) deal directly with the recipient and the celestial forces, terrestial al forces and the entire universe will be compelled to reward you grin

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 11:32am On May 09, 2021
NL1960:

Where can i do this and what is the rate or ROI?.
Hian, look around your immediate environment, and the location will be shown to you, the ROI is 30, 60 and a 100 folds depending on what the celestial forces decides for you cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Allboiz: 11:51am On May 09, 2021
Please, how good is stanbic dollar fund? I'm thinking of going in this direction.

Also, what's the transfer rate on domiciliary accounts?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 1:35pm On May 09, 2021
skydiver01:
Cryptocurrency investors should be prepared to lose all their money, Bank of England governor says

When asked about the rising value of cryptocurrencies, Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey said: “They have no intrinsic value.”

“I’m going to say this very bluntly again,” he added. “Buy them only if you’re prepared to lose all your money.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/07/bank-of-englands-bailey-crypto-investors-risk-losing-all-their-money.html
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 09, 2021
Cyberknight:

I enjoy reading your comments sir. Very refreshing...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 09, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Widows, homeless folks, destitute, randomly visiting different hospitals and clinics and paying off the medical bills for different patients, taking food items, clothing to those in prison, reaching out to the aged in our communities with different support and acts of benevolence etc

When done faithfully without noise making, the celestial forces will be activated to bless you back regardless of your religious inclination, in all these try and make sure you avoid giving cash to intermediaries or 3rd parties ( to avoid your money going into voice mail or June 12 1993 presidential election) deal directly with the recipient and the celestial forces, terrestial al forces and the entire universe will be compelled to reward you grin

Agree. But taking food and clothes to hardened criminals in prison? No way!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sailor1234: 3:25am On May 10, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

Yeah that's the sad part, the naira as a currency is a hard nut to crack. Inflation rate is currently around 18%, so Tbills and eurobonds in naira na like waste of value.

If I were you, I would convert to dollars and invest the dollars in Eurobonds. I-invest currently has at 7.6% and USD inflation rate is 1.25%.

Better still, try to learn stocks and crypto.

If i invest in Eurobond, will my principal be preserved if held to maturity, will i get my full principal back
after maturity?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:20am On May 10, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Agree. But taking food and clothes to hardened criminals in prison? No way!

I thought our resident oil and gas billionaire said you were the serial killer arrested in Akwa Ibom?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AlphaSoul: 10:21am On May 10, 2021
QuinModah:
I fired him ASAP, his inompetence stinks to high heaven.

How do you meet such tenant?
Arbitration?
What's was the ruling of this arbitration?
Is arbitration a court?

Such tenant will never pay, from experience.

Avoid the following tenants
- Contractors (They keep expecting millions from contracts that never happened, telling you how they know Sanwo-Olu and how his yet to pay for the road in Ikorodu or supplies they made to Alausa that are yet to be paid for)

- Businessmen (don't even make the mistake at all, before he says, "I am a bus....man", just tell him straight up, you don't give out your houses to business men, they are never truthful, mess up the house, give false information, bring more than the specified number of occupants the house can occupy)

- Pastors (it's a constant battle with them, telling church members that you are the reason for his lack of success, and when it time to pay, he tell you stories, that God will do a miracle. I would have mentioned churches but I'll let it pass)

- Lawyers (On no account should you lease to them)

- Artists ( You will spend more than the money you collected for damages and rent to put the house to a good taste, my property I lease to Asa in Surulere, I spent 950k to put the apartment in order before the current occupant could stay there)

In addition, ensure whoever you rent out the house to, their wives MUST be working. I learnt that here.
Wheew! Deep profiling... Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 10:46am On May 10, 2021
Hello there, pls i want to buy treasury Bill's for 365 days in the next auction. I visited first bank and was told its 2% against the 9.7% I saw here in the last auction. Which bank do you advise i go cause I know the information I got there isn't true.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DUNKA(m): 11:25am On May 10, 2021
Good day All,

Please can anyone advise of the best savings and investment plan linked to a life insurance insurance policy currently being run by any credible insurance company in the country?

Kindly advise.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 12:03pm On May 10, 2021
wink
AlphaSoul:

Wheew! Deep profiling... Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 12:03pm On May 10, 2021
DUNKA:
Good day All,

Please can anyone advise of the best savings and investment plan linked to a life insurance insurance policy currently being run by any credible insurance company in the country?

Kindly advise.

Mutual Benefits

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 12:08pm On May 10, 2021
AngelicBeing:

Truly Angelic advise. Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 2:40pm On May 10, 2021
Learn how to ignore some certain things in life, so that you can always be at peace with others. Lazyyouth who decided to ignore the insult isn't a fool, all you could do was to remind him of the insult he had decided to ignore, you only want to plunge this thread into another unnecessary fight that is gonna take days/weeks to resolve.

Its like you are not comfortable with the peace we are all having at the moment on this thread.

Now that rates are going up, lets focus our energies on how to invest profitably for the future.

Grupo:

I thought our resident oil and gas billionaire said you were the serial killer arrested in Akwa Ibom?

20 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Winneygirl(f): 6:56pm On May 10, 2021
How does the declared public holiday impact Wednesdays auction? Any news on that?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezinwaJesu(m): 7:51pm On May 10, 2021
exclusiveoloori:
Hello there, pls i want to buy treasury Bill's for 365 days in the next auction. I visited first bank and was told its 2% against the 9.7% I saw here in the last auction. Which bank do you advise i go cause I know the information I got there isn't true.

Hey visit the nearest Stanbic IBTC. First Bank is becoming stingy. Last auction at Stanbic was around 9.7% for 364 days. Anything less is around 4%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by helpyom(f): 11:31pm On May 10, 2021
DashDolls:

Hello was making research on Nursing Scholarship in Australia and I saw this your post. Please I have a B.Sc in Geography but I want to switch to Nursing as well. I have been doing my research and I discovered it is possible to switch cos some Univeristies in Australia have Nursing programs for Graduates from other disciplines. E.g I saw one that does M.Sc Nursing (Graduate Entry).

Please how did you do yours and how did you get scholarship. Also i need your advice on my path and how best to go about getting admission in Australia.
I would also like to reach u to ask some questions if u don't mind. My Whatsapp is on my signature below.

Also I see you are searching for funding, look at the picture below. I found them on Instagram. Their office should be in Lagos. You might find them helpful.
Anticipating your reply.

Good evening sorry am just seeing your question been away for sometime now.

Regarding going for Graduate-EntryNursing program with your previous studies in Geography.
I doubt it will be possible getting that but am sure for the 3 years bachelor of Nursing that would be possible but before you embark on it be sure you have ielts Academic atleast 7bands in all.

I know someone I helped to apply for the same Nursing program with 2nd class upper biological science she wasn't given instead was offered the 3 years program.

The scholarship was possible maybe cos of my sop or my previous work experience that I can't tell.

But i know many schools in Australia are offering scholarships to international students if you package your documents well.

Regarding the funding thank you so much, I was able to get help here.
Even though we are still waiting on the school to give us feedbacks on the Gte.

It's been extremely challenging to be honest as I had to re- write ielts where I missed one band to 6.5band.

Wishing you best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) ... (2232) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.