Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1891) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436980 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diogo2019: 10:43am On May 11, 2021
DUNKA:
Good day All,

Please can anyone advise of the best savings and investment plan linked to a life insurance insurance policy currently being run by any credible insurance company in the country?

Kindly advise.

Hello.
Good morning, just saw your post. I work with Prudential Zenith Life Insurance, just sent you a dm.
We can chat via mail or you can visit our lagos office if you are in lagos

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 12:03pm On May 11, 2021
Diogo2019:

Hello.
Good morning, just saw your post. I work with Prudential Zenith Life Insurance, just sent you a dm.
We can chat via mail or you can visit our lagos office if you are in lagos

Thanks

I know you may want to discuss privately..but can you enlighten us about life insurance, the benefits, the packages your company is offering and minimum/maximum age that can be insured and how to go about it.

It's also a form of advertisement for you, you know

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ZEAK: 1:24pm On May 11, 2021
damilola1978:

I know you may want to discuss privately..but can you enlighten us about life insurance, the benefits, the packages your company is offering and minimum/maximum age that can be insured and how to go about it.

Seconded wholeheartedly.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diogo2019: 8:14pm On May 11, 2021
damilola1978:

Alright

Insurance generally is a risk transfer mechanism through which a party(insured) transfers his/her risk to another party(insurer).

Under life insurance, we have 2 types:
Individual life and group life.

Packages we offer and it's benefit
We have four packages
.My protection (group life)
.My life (individual life)
.My edusave
.My smartsave (individual life)

Starting from the first plan,
My protection- is a plan that can cover not only the policy holder, but his/her spouse, siblings, parents and parents in-law. It last as long as the policy holder is alive. The minimum sum assured is #1m and maximum is #100m. There are benefits attached to it like loyalty cash back, accidental death benefit and death benefit.
Minimum/Maximum age: for siblings over age of 18, parents and parents in-law up to age 74

Second one
My life- is a policy that covers only the policy holder. It's minimum term is 5years, minimum sum assured is #2m and no maximum sum assured. Benefits are loyalty cash back, critical illness benefit, permanent disability benefit and death benefit.

Third one
My edusave- it's a plan that help accumulate funds which can be used to pay for children's education in future. Minimum term is 7 years. Minimum annual contribution is #240000 ie monthly subscription of #20000. There are benefits attached to it like back to school pack and so on.

Then last one is
My smartsave- is a plan that helps for long term savings need. The policy is available at a policy duration of 6,9,12,15&18 years only. The minimum sum assured is #2m and no maximum. There's an annual guaranteed bonus of 2% of the sum assured and also the policy holder will have protection during the term of the plan.

Anyone interested can send me a mail, will also throw more lights on the benefits.

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:46pm On May 11, 2021
Too many grammar, give us case study.
Diogo2019:

Alright

Insurance generally is a risk transfer mechanism through which a party(insured) transfers his/her risk to another party(insurer).

Under life insurance, we have 2 types:
Individual life and group life.

Packages we offer and it's benefit
We have four packages
.My protection (group life)
.My life (individual life)
.My edusave
.My smartsave (individual life)

Starting from the first plan,
My protection- is a plan that can cover not only the policy holder, but his/her spouse, siblings, parents and parents in-law. It last as long as the policy holder is alive. The minimum sum assured is #1m and maximum is #100m. There are benefits attached to it like loyalty cash back, accidental death benefit and death benefit.
Minimum/Maximum age: for siblings over age of 18, parents and parents in-law up to age 74

Second one
My life- is a policy that covers only the policy holder. It's minimum term is 5years, minimum sum assured is #2m and no maximum sum assured. Benefits are loyalty cash back, critical illness benefit, permanent disability benefit and death benefit.

Third one
My edusave- it's a plan that help accumulate funds which can be used to pay for children's education in future. Minimum term is 7 years. Minimum annual contribution is #240000 ie monthly subscription of #20000. There are benefits attached to it like back to school pack and so on.

Then last one is
My smartsave- is a plan that helps for long term savings need. The policy is available at a policy duration of 6,9,12,15&18 years only. The minimum sum assured is #2m and no maximum. There's an annual guaranteed bonus of 2% of the sum assured and also the policy holder will have protection during the term of the plan.

Anyone interested can send me a mail, will also throw more lights on the benefits.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:21pm On May 11, 2021
The hustle is real grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemims(m): 11:30pm On May 11, 2021
grin grin
OgogoroFreak:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 12:53am On May 12, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Hian, bitcoin address ke, that address leads to no where in particular but Sahara desert, wetin person no go read for Nairaland.com shocked

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by frank33(m): 6:14am On May 12, 2021
Please who has done treasury bills recently. Which of the banks accept treasury bills by individuals now?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05am On May 12, 2021
Mills55:
Anybody with secondary market rate for today or this week should kindly tell us, NTB. So that one will know where to aline next week.

Secondary market, First Bank, 6.3%

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 9:01am On May 12, 2021
7COLOURS:

Secondary market, First Bank, 6.3%
Chai!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chikebrain: 9:25am On May 12, 2021
frank33:
Please who has done treasury bills recently. Which of the banks accept treasury bills by individuals now?
Gtb does. Did mine last 2 weeks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FatherCHRISTMAS: 9:49am On May 12, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Improvise, adapt and succeed grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FatherCHRISTMAS: 9:51am On May 12, 2021
GOOD MORNING PEOPLE.
Please, as brothers, I want to use this opportunity to inform you all that I am trying to sell a luxurious property worth 50 million.

Help a bro repost my thread link below... Please drop a comment too.

https://www.nairaland.com/6536468/love-luxury-ldilicproperty-best-deals

Thanks
FatherCHRISTMAS:

THE PANTHEON SMART TERRACE 1 & 2

The Pantheon Smart Terrace 2 = BEN FLO STREET Lafiaji Orchid Hotel Road, Opp. Wrestle School Lekki Lagos.
( STILL SELLING) Few Units left.

Price : #50m

*Note:* Our Phase 2 Terrace is the same as Phase 1; Phase 2 comes with a bigger space and new smart home features.

www.officialidyllicproperty.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:29am On May 12, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
GOOD MORNING PEOPLE.
Please, as brothers, I want to use this opportunity to inform you all that I am trying to sell a luxurious property worth 50 million.

Help a bro repost my thread link below... Please drop a comment too.

Thanks

What is the expected rental income from this property
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 10:57am On May 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

grin cheesy grin Pa Emma doesn't disappoint...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FatherCHRISTMAS: 10:57am On May 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

It's for outright sale sir

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JustforMen: 12:30pm On May 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Kindly add Number 8.

Sowing seeds in God's Kingdom

That is the best Investment, I can think of.
That one is witch craft ... God does not need money.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obamma: 1:09pm On May 12, 2021
ade101:
I can see guys are exploring alternatives now that tb rates are not attractive. I can't thank God enough for making me take the courage to diversify into real estate. I keep asking people the average rental returns from building house, trying to compare with my stable and guaranteed investments (I do tb and Stanbic Money Market) but I could not get an actual value. Many variables involved yet I didn't give up, started meeting people, engineers, real estate agents, and eventually, I realized there's nothing to be scared of... I emptied my money market, buy land for ajah, get seriously involved to minimise cost.

Bought land at lakowe, Ajah for 3m half plot
Built 8 units of room and parlour self contain (4 on the ground floor and 4 at the top)

Total spent about 13m

In total spent about 17-19m

Started renting out and within 5 months, all units has been occupied @ 350k annual fee (agreement and commission took the first payment to 450k)

Total return from rental first year: 3.6m (450 X cool

Expected annual returns onward : 2.8m

In percentage :

First year : 20 percent return on investment

Expected annual return onward: 15.5 percent

There was a time I got this value from tb (2016 - 2018), money market has always been around 13 percent at peak for me.

I'm just glad I now have a stable return of over 15 percent without worrying about rates dropping...

To blow your mind : I have just been introduced to developer style of real estate... I have already signed a property self.. Cost of buying land and building from ground up (foundation construction) is off... Based on the site engineers quotation, with 6m, we should finish the renovation work and paint the building. Family one off payment was 1.5m so in all, about 8m should finish everything. They are leasing the building to me for 12 years and annual returns expected is about 3.2m.. That's over 35 percent return annually.

I don't think I will ever go back from real estate...

That's my personal experience, so if anyone is looking for alternative, do your findings on real estate. And be careful, don't cut cost, always go through a reputable lawyer, they are not that expensive, street is hard even the lawyers fees are now negotiable lol... All the best.

Please share details of architect you used for the plan as some of us are interested in doing similar project.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 5:17pm On May 12, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

I'm sure he understands that. I'm also sure he has a residence and is looking at this property as an investment property , hence the question.

You could give a figure for which such structures fetch as rent in that neighbourhood.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:37pm On May 12, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

What is the expected cash flow from the investment? How long can I recoup my capital from the cash flow from the investment, giving allowance for a 5% annual increase in the rental income?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FatherCHRISTMAS: 7:13pm On May 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is the expected cash flow from the investment? How long can I recoup my capital from the cash flow from the investment, giving allowance for a 5% annual increase in the rental income?

good evening sir. Thanks for interest and questions regarding our property

The Pantheon Smart Terrace 2 = BEN FLO
STREET Lafiaji Orchid Hotel Road, Opp. Wrestle
School Lekki Lagos.
( STILL SELLING ) Few Units left.
Price : #50m

I would like to assist you in calculating the cash flow but I am an agent looking for customers. Also, the property is for outright sale sir which makes the buyer the only authority who could determine if he wants to rent it out or for personal use.

thanks alot sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:16pm On May 12, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

good evening sir. Thanks for interest and questions regarding our property

I would like to assist you in calculating the cash flow but I am an agent looking for customers. Also, the property is for outright sale sir which makes the buyer the only authority who could determine if he wants to rent it out or for personal use.

thanks alot sir

From your shabby response, I can conclude that the property is not a worthwhile Investment.

A good marketer, who is marketing to investors should be able to answer the simple question I asked you.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FatherCHRISTMAS: 7:18pm On May 12, 2021
otomatic:

I'm sure he understands that. I'm also sure he has a residence and is looking at this property as an investment property , hence the question.

You could give a figure for which such structures fetch as rent in that neighbourhood.

Good evening sir. like I have stated previously, this particular building is for outright sale. The buyer is the sole determimer how he wants his price to stand out.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:20pm On May 12, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

Good evening sir. like I have stated previously, this particular building is for outright sale. The buyer is the sole determimer how he wants his price to stand out.

I would get in touch with LdilicProperty and revert to you sir.

So what.

Does that mean it won't generate cash flow to the investor.

This can't fly here, you are not informed and educated about what you are selling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FatherCHRISTMAS: 7:24pm On May 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

From your shabby response, I can conclude that the property is not a worthwhile Investment.

A good marketer, who is marketing to investors should be able to answer the simple question I asked you.

what aspect of what you quoted is shabby?let me know the part you don't understand so that I'll explain

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:14pm On May 12, 2021
Easy on the guy bro... He probably is a new proper agent and just wants to market a property to earn small commission and may not be familiar with this level of detail.

If you think of it, it is actually the responsibility of the prospective buyer to do his DD with regards to those info otherwise real marketers will put out fictitious figures just to lure the buyer.

Depending on the type of apartment though, many of them command as much as 2.5 million pa rent.
emmanuelewumi:

So what.

Does that mean it won't generate cash flow to the investor.

This can't fly here, you are not informed and educated about what you are selling.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 8:30pm On May 12, 2021
Just imagine having someone like oga emmanuelewumi as your exam invigilator, your own don finish be dat.

You will still get confused even if you know all the answers to the exam questions.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agwadi: 10:54pm On May 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

That man knows "NOTHING" about marketing.

He just wants to make 20% profit on that Property (selling price=40m, but he puts 50m just to gain 10m)
He is a crook and a notourious begger.....beware of him!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hfc80: 7:16am On May 13, 2021
I did mine last week with access bank 7.9 per annual, but I think rate has drop now.[qquote author=frank33 post=101604100]Please who has done treasury bills recently. Which of the banks accept treasury bills by individuals now?[/quote]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30am On May 13, 2021
God bless the day I discover this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 8:51am On May 13, 2021
From all of us at Ziing, we say Happy Eid al-Fitr to our Muslim brothers and sisters.
In this season, we wish you peace, joy and good health.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.