Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1888) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443635 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 9:04am On May 04, 2021
The guy that pays #5000 for Heineken @ transcorp Hilton and the guy that pays #300 for the same Heineken @ a local bar are all getting their worth in the amount of money they spent...........it all depends on what's in all our minds initially....

If it were only the beer enjoyment one is after u can as well grow the grain and ferment the beer @ home yourself that way you won't spend a dine

Better still you can drive down to the factory and buy at ex-gate price take home and enjoy.......

This brings up something if u are a producer, u better know what u are selling as it may not be the product manufactured u are selling, it's probably concepts like convenience, prestige or utility u might be selling......

The richer one gets, the more he is ready to pay to enjoy concepts like speed , convenience, durability

Back to the discussion, yes someone earning 50k can definitely build, but u will never hear stuffs like stone coated roofs, premium interlocking pavement, marbled floors, weather resistant paint........... A utilitarian will be like what da Bleep is this dude talking about

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25am On May 04, 2021
RayRay06677:

According to Pa Emma, rule number two, never exceed your income, never. 300 Heineken and 2000 Heineken na same alcoholic content. G wagon and Camry go reach V.I. from mainland almost same time except you are competing but for me, I only compete with my self. I set targets and pamper myself only when I cross a benchmark for "selah" the next phase. Just like 2019 and this year. I wasn't working when I built house from gifts and scalar hustling. Principle was saving 50% of whatever came my way blow the rest in a manner that kills the cravings so I can bullshit the cravings if it rear its head again. When I started building, I had less than 2m but before I finished, I had excess because people were impressed I even thought of building rather than buying the popular Benz 190 back.
Boss I'm currently in lag, decided to quit my civil servant job due to certain issue....please, I need your mentorship.. I'm in my early 20s, won't mind doing anything to be successful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:52am On May 04, 2021
SeaTrade:
Everyone's lifestyle is not the same,
Reason why majority of you cant believe it is because of your unsupportive lifestyles that your rat race income can never meet up,so you end up blowing almost everything, have little savings,etc...
So when you hear someone earning a tenth of what you earn yet achieving what you can't achieve,you freak out and become naively defensive.
Make I give you breakdown on how una money take dey finish all you city boys.
You get a 500k/month job(6m/yr), of course you have to keep up with the Jones as ahiboilandgas will say.
You will now move from Surulere to Island as a bigger boy na,of course 1.5m of that income don go.
You start toasting big women to Bleep bigman toto,each date costs you 50k cos you have to impress her na (maybe you buy champagne join),80k gone.
Every weekend you and your happening guys go go club na and na whiskey (18yrs) una go drink ,another 60k goes..
Of course you'll buy car weh pass you na,as a bigger boy and na for company you dey service am,just to open book for your head cost 10k or 15k sometimes,
Of course you love to attend weddings and owambe so you are a regular davidwej customer for suit or mai Atafo or seyivodi for native,na so that money dey deplete small small.
You dey load card 4k weekly and buy 200gb data to use video call your big babe make e show you wetin e dey cook for you and sometimes show you her pussy and breast sometimes so that make your prick charge,you can imagine how much you spend on that.
Truth beach club sabi you,unto big man weh you be na,all untop 500k ooo.
How can I forget,you no longer eat bucks nor cook,all the kilimanjaro and jevenik branch for your city know you say you dey always cone chop 3k lunch and when going home you also buy dinner or eat shawarma,as a bigger boy,so it costs like 6k to feed your bone head daily,okay ooo grin
And before another salary comes,that 500k remain 40k and yet you want follow build house ooo and of course na that same standard you dey rent for lekki you go like build oo,when you check the least apartment na N20m,and your home and away savings na 3m after working for 5yrs on 500k salary,
So of course I will argue too when I hear that 50k people are building houses grin
Be careful,be prudent if you want to make something out of your life,I don tell una.
If you invite me for wedding,be rest assured I am coming in a Tshirt and jean with sneakers,and I didn't come to spray you money or join your sweet boy train,na free woman weh dey find marriage weh I come find to fùck,nothing else.And I look for these kind of women so that I no go spend grin
I use to live luxuriously,I know what it did to me so I correct myself very early.I drive very basic cars,all easy to maintain japanese cars,I don leave german for una big ballers grin
Just today I took my pickup truck for servicing,na 20k I spend and I come dey para die upon say na work motor weh go still yield that money tomorrow,yet I dey vex.Then imagine what a balling car that brings no income will take. grin
I see 2016 C300 for 3.5m(very clean!) like a month ago,I no gree buy ooo.It had a 500k fault,the owner no get 500k to fix am,that should tell you a lot about the fast lifestyle ooo brethren!
I like my hilux jeje(I hardly drive the other one again sef) ,and funny enough all these girls weh dey find marriage upandan actually prefer guys with hilux cos they believe you are a productive man,So more free pussy for you my guys,and if you want milk these guys sef it's very easy because them go think say na for business you want put am,of course she go bleed for you so that make you use am dey build una future wealth grin

What am I saying?It is possible to build a house of 8m on 50k salary overtime ,you just don't believe it cos of your lifestyle that always leaves you almost penniless at the end of the month upon your big income.
He who has ears,better listen and adjust now that there is still time.
grin grin grin

Gbam.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:56am On May 04, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Maxwell odum the MBA scam boss don donate 1Billion Naira to christ embassy pastor Chris.

See money! I no go start my own Ponzi scheme so?

If you go gree pay me 70% in one month, i go sell my village and invest in it. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:46am On May 04, 2021
SeaTrade:

You dey load card 4k weekly and buy 200gb data to use video call your big babe make e show you wetin e dey cook for you and sometimes show you her pussy and breast sometimes so that make your prick charge,you can imagine how much you spend on that.

lol, grin

Me sef used to live aimlessly even on nairaland grin . Before na romance section, education section, betting section and tech, frolicking away my time, until i found this thread in 2016. I believe this was my first post bellow:

ositadima1:
I am planning to submit my bid on monday. What is the deadline for the next bid at the FBN?

Started small, unsure of this thing called NTB. From here i developed interest in personal finance and began expanding my knowledge from several other sources. Last year I joined the stock thread and started trading and buying stocks. To cut the story short I have benefited so much from you guys, especially the old timers, currently my investments yield almost half of my annual salary, hopefully someday it will overtake it.

I am also eyeing the real estate thread, maybe, if God is merciful I can venture into that.

Anyhoo, God-bless NL, God-bless Seun, God-bless you guys, God-bless Nigeria.

25 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:15am On May 04, 2021
Saved before you delete...

There are so many silent learners here . Many of us have benefited from here.
ositadima1:

lol, grin

Me sef used to live aimlessly even on nairaland grin . Before na romance section, education section, betting section and tech, frolicking away my time, until i found this thread in 2016. I believe this was my first post bellow:

Started small, unsure of this thing called NTB. From here i developed interest in personal finance and began expanding my knowledge from several other sources. Last year I joined the stock thread and started trading and buying stocks. To cut the story short I have benefited so much from you guys, especially the old timers, currently my investments yield almost half of my annual salary, hopefully someday it will overtake it.

I am also eyeing the real estate thread, maybe, if God is merciful I can venture into that.

Anyhoo, God-bless NL, God-bless Seun, God-bless you guys, God-bless Nigeria.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:37am On May 04, 2021
Catfishing:

Boss I'm currently in lag, decided to quit my civil servant job due to certain issue....please, I need your mentorship.. I'm in my early 20s, won't mind doing anything to be successful.

Why did you quit? I am dure you didnt quit because of what motivational speaker told you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:41am On May 04, 2021
ojesymsym:
Saved before you delete...

There are so many silent learners here . Many of us have benefited from here.

We still have many who think it is not possible, na theory?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2021
Catfishing:

Just don't compete with anybody, make money, any amount, spend less than u make, learn the law of contentment, save/invest the balance from your expenditure and grow your funds over a period of time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:52am On May 04, 2021
lol... the same way you non still believe in crypto.

Anyway, seatrade and ultron put it aptly.

Rather than the disbelief, all many should do a real self examination and assessment.
Are you in a neighborhood where you consciously or sometimes unconsciously find yourself trying to live like the jones
Do you have a high maintenance spouse that is helping to open financial holes rather than help plug them?
Are you kids in a school you struggle to afford simply because you promised yourself the so called best education for them?
Are you paying for TV and Internet subscription that you never really get to use because you are tired or come home late?
Are you hanging out with the guys/ girls every weekend when once a quarter could have been better for you?
....etc
emmanuelewumi:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 11:56am On May 04, 2021
maishai:
The guy that pays #5000 for Heineken @ transcorp Hilton and the guy that pays #300 for the same Heineken @ a local bar are all getting their worth in the amount of money they spent...........it all depends on what's in all our minds initially....

If it were only the beer enjoyment one is after u can as well grow the grain and ferment the beer @ home yourself that way you won't spend a dine

Better still you can drive down to the factory and buy at ex-gate price take home and enjoy.......

This brings up something if u are a producer, u better know what u are selling as it may not be the product manufactured u are selling, it's probably concepts like convenience, prestige or utility u might be selling......

The richer one gets, the more he is ready to pay to enjoy concepts like speed , convenience, durability

Back to the discussion, yes someone earning 50k can definitely build, but u will never hear stuffs like stone coated roofs, premium interlocking pavement, marbled floors, weather resistant paint........... A utilitarian will be like what da Bleep is this dude talking about

Understudy the 'law of contentment' and practice it, our lives will be much easier

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:01pm On May 04, 2021
Saw it on another thread
Not related to this thread but I still decided to share.

This is using other peoples money

ecomalchemist:
Let me give you a brotherly advice, and I hope you work on it...
First of all I counsel people and I have done that on nairaland for a while... I have met great and good guys...
I dropped a story about my experience teaching in two schools as a corper and would not mind partnering with schools in abuja, but some accused me of looking for teaching job... Never ever mind what people say...
Back to the matter...
As a graduate, teaching and earning 15k, e no bad... But once you have a good (android) phone, go to any car stand of your choice around your area... Listen well, any good car stand and ask to see the manager... Tell him you want to help him market his cars and get good buyers... 90% of car stand managers will sign u on... Tel him you will be paid a small commission after sales...
Pick up your phone, snap as many cars as your phone memory can take, open a dedicated twitter ac, IG ac, Facebook ac, WhatsApp ac, ac etc... Take out time to post this cars, make sure you have the actual prices of this cars... You can add as much as #250k on it... Bring down the negotiations to as low as making #50k if need be just so I can sell. Set your monthly target... I assure you, if you get I client in a month, u make around #100,000k once you start growing, you can get as much as 5-10 client from all over the country and that hits you over #1m for just helping others sell their cars, Note all you invested was your time, energy, phone and data... No big financial capital...
Do not restrict yourself to cars, go for industrial machines as well, caterpillars, mikano gens, any thing, then you look for those big companies that need them and try to call their attention to it or market it to them... You may not sell in 3 months but when you manage to get a client to buy just 1 caterpillars, my brother you will instantly forget that u suffered before...
A friend of mine was marketing a silo for a local wielder, he received a call all the way from kebbi state, the purchase was made in Ilorin, he made #1.8 mil from buyers and #400k from seller... He still got a referral from that deal. Wake up bro...
Within a month or two, come and pay (tite).
I drive uber/bolt in abuja, market cars, sell commodities such as beans, maize, wheat, ginger,onions, name it... In bags and tonnes
And I make nothing less than half a mil monthly...

Affordable megatron 50,000mah powerbanks with 4 output units, type c and normal usb cord. payment on delivery within Lagos and Nationwide dispatch

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:03pm On May 04, 2021
ojesymsym:
lol... the same way you non still believe in crypto.

Anyway, seatrade and ultron put it aptly.

Rather than the disbelief, all many should do a real self examination and assessment.
Are you in a neighborhood where you consciously or sometimes unconsciously find yourself trying to live like the jones
Do you have a high maintenance spouse that is helping to open financial holes rather than help plug them?
Are you kids in a school you struggle to afford simply because you promised yourself the so called best education for them?
Are you paying for TV and Internet subscription that you never really get to use because you are tired or come home late?
Are you hanging out with the guys/ girls every weekend when once a quarter could have been better for you?
....etc

I am primarily a cashflow investor, capital appreciation is secondary.

If does not generate cash, i dont invest.

Speculating on stuffs i cant value or calculate their underlying assets, profitability and earning growth is a no no.

History repeats itself over and over again especially in the finance, business and investment terrains

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 12:06pm On May 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I am primarily a cashflow investor, capital appreciation is secondary.

If does not generate cash, i dont invest.

Speculating on stuffs i cant value or calculate their underlying assets, profitability and earning growth is a no no.

History repeats itself over and over again especially in the finance, business and investment terrains

Yes sir..History repeats itself....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:14pm On May 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I think it was the way it was put. Normally, people just say 'i did this and that with this small money' without actually saying how it was done and over how many years. It is the same way our politicians will say 'once iam voted in, i will do this and that' without actually saying how they intend to do it and people not asking or taking them to task on it. You saw how the poster was going spiritual when taken to task instead of giving a breakdown or giving more information until somebody else came and did a breakdown and more information.

I did a study of how farmers in my village build bungalows and did a detailed analyses of it for my class set. It was an eye opener to many of them.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:16pm On May 04, 2021
Oya, do it for us so that our eyes can be open too.

NL1960:

I think it was the way it was put. Normally, people just say 'i did this and that with this small money' without actually saying how it was done and over how many years. It is the same way our politicians will say 'once iam voted in, i will do this and that' without actually saying how they intend to do it and people not asking or taking them to task on it. You saw how the poster was going spiritual when taken to task instead of giving a breakdown or giving more information until somebody else came and did a breakdown and more information.

I did a study of how farmers in my village build bungalows and did a detailed analyses of it for my class set. It was an eye opener to many of them.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:46pm On May 04, 2021
ojesymsym:
Oya, do it for us so that our eyes can be open too.

(1) Farmers are involved in a yearly farming cycle. They produce yam, cassava for consumption and tomatoes, pepper, rice for sale for cash.

(2) In the first year, if the sales crops is good, they can buy 20 bags of cement and just mould it. Sand is not bought but gotten from erosion sites.

(3) For a simple bungalow, they target about 40 six inches block from a bag.

(4) In year 2, if the harvest is good again, they start foundation and take the building to lintel level or complete block work based on the cash available. If no much cash, they mould more bags of cement. Mind you, the local bricklayer would have already given them an estimate of the number of bags of cement to mould.

(5) In Year 3, if the harvest is good, they complete the block works and buy some bundles of zinc. They would also have gotten the number of bundles of zinc to be used from the local carpenter.

(6) In Year 4, if the harvest is good, they complete the buying of the bundles of zinc.

(7) In Year 5, if the harvest is good, they do the roofing. Wood for roofing is gotten from the forest. All they pay for is a local sawmiller to fell the trees and cut the wood into roofing woods. Once roofing is completed, they move in. Their slogan is "a building is just a roof and four walls'. Mind you, there is no ceiling works, aluminium windows, Chinese doors etc

(8.) As the years roll by, they will be adding more things to the building. Things like ceiling with PVC, tiles in the sitting room.

This process is not strictly five years as there are some years that the harvest fails and some years that the harvest is good and prices of the commodity are fair.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pussiboner: 1:10pm On May 04, 2021
Lovelynife:

Must I break ur head to put it in ur head if you can't grab it from what I wrote then if itemize it one by one you will surely not get it.
Food for thought..... Change ur mindset to accommodate good things without sharp practices and everything will be well with you.
My last comment on the subject sha

Your message should be directed to people who want to learn from you, not to me.

Keep engaging in sharp practices and be giving out fake motivation. Last Last you would be embarrassed.

If your ways were pure and legit, you would not be hyperventilating. Enjoy your loot while it lasts undecided

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Opzyyy: 1:12pm On May 04, 2021
Please I need someone to guide me. I want to convert my naira into usd at cbn rate and dump the money in a dorm Account. Please help me

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 04, 2021
Why is it being like rocket science to build low grade 2 bedroom flat
1You need about 2000 six inches block from a local supplied sand.Most times they mould btw 40-45 per bag because they want it cheap
They use like 1bag to fix about 200 blocks
The foundation does not carry standard floor as per what they call German floor.You just dig and blind the floor and start block laying.
After the window level you don't chain it.You only put concrete work on the window/door position.
Then you continue to roof level.Some will do concrete at the end to chain it some will leave it and only insight quarter rods to hold the rafters coming on top
The roof is mostly not above 5ft tall to reduce the number of wood and zinc for the roofing
The doors are local doors and the window either cheap aluminum window or frames.
They tile the parlor with 30 by 30 cheap tiles
Nothing major in the toilet apart from toilet bowl
Nothing serious too in the kitchen
The ceilings is either rubber celling or hardboard
The land is usually acquired long ago or presently in cheap yet to develop area with village access roads sometimes no electricity poles to the area in question.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 1:31pm On May 04, 2021
@emmanuelewumi. I like the picture quote: Strife to make money, live below your means, use extra money to make more money then repeat consistently. Prudent is the key and That brings me to my story.

I felt I needed to upgrade my car so I did. Anytime I'm driving it, I'm always super cautious in the hold ups because of the King of the roads, keke n the danfos, I don't behave edgy like this while driving my former car, I told my wife it seems I'm not financially fit to use this car because I'm overly careful while driving it, hate how I do scream don't hit me oo ,so I put it up for sale.

To my surprise it was sold withing two weeks with additional profit of 250k. Then I say to myself this seems like a business, I ordered for two more of the same brand ,park them in the compound then post the ads, boom barely three weeks both are sold with up to 650k profit, I've sold 12 in the course of eight months as I only do this with my spare time ,I never knew nigeria invest in automobile this much.

Note I only buy this same brand but the top notch n irresistible ones and someone somewhere is always willing to add 2/300k to get them back from me in no distant time. I bought dangote commercial paper some months back and it will take about 6 months to get 750k on that investments.

So if you can't afford or sustain a lifestyle discard it, also be open minded to possibilities around you.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infamous(m): 4:13pm On May 04, 2021
Oh boy. I have been dulling myself all these while
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 4:25pm On May 04, 2021
Infamous:
Oh boy. I have been dulling myself all these while

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 4:47pm On May 04, 2021
Sir, many inventions were usually from similar experience like yours. Nice one
Just a few questions, how do you achieve this?
Do you preorder cars from the US?
What of custom, how do you manage that end?
Are the car highend ones?
Mostly importantly, how do advertise and attract to the right customers?

Akin3891:
@emmanuelewumi. I like the picture quote: Strife to make money, live below your means, use extra money to make more money then repeat consistently. Prudent is the key and That brings me to my story.

I felt I needed to upgrade my car so I did. Anytime I'm driving it, I'm always super cautious in the hold ups because of the King of the roads, keke n the danfos, I don't behave edgy like this while driving my former car, I told my wife it seems I'm not financially fit to use this car because I'm overly careful while driving it, hate how I do scream don't hit me oo ,so I put it up for sale.

To my surprise it was sold withing two weeks with additional profit of 250k. Then I say to myself this seems like a business, I ordered for two more of the same brand ,park them in the compound then post the ads, boom barely three weeks both are sold with up to 650k profit, I've sold 12 in the course of eight months as I only do this with my spare time ,I never knew nigeria invest in automobile this much.

Note I only buy this same brand but the top notch n irresistible ones and someone somewhere is always willing to add 2/300k to get them back from me in no distant time. I bought dangote commercial paper some months back and it will take about 6 months to get 750k on that investments.

So if you can't afford or sustain a lifestyle discard it, also be open minded to possibilities around you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 5:06pm On May 04, 2021
You guys are doing well. Financial discipline is a critical key to success. It is very difficult to save and invest money in Nigeria, because we all live in a society where everybody is secretly in competition with everybody, trying hard to live a life they cannot even sustain on a long term basis. And there is always a problem to solve with money, even before the money is earned.

Having loads of money doesn't make you a better person, spending it smart does.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 6:06am On May 05, 2021
rationalmind:

This is why I sometimes don't take things I read online serious. You read some posts and it just annoys you. It feels like this person thinks everyone reading is an idiot.

Let's say he has earned an average of 40,000 over the last 11 years. Let's assume he has saved everything he has earned without spending a kobo. The total money he would have made in heaven and on earth is about 5m.

This guy wants us to believe he has bought lands, built two three bedroom flats, probably gotten married, had kids, sent them to school, transports to work, feeds and feeds the family, paid rent before he built his house all on 5m naira in the last 11 years.

Haba

It doesn't work that way sir. There is no one who can say in a full year, he or she doesn't get anything else apart from his or her salary. In the workplace, people who earn least are often tipped by few generous bosses. The tips usually mean nothing to those giving it, but to those receiving it, the money means a lot to them, so they put it into something else. Such people are very, very frugal. They make the most of opportunities. You and I may always feel, we have so and so qualifications and look down on what we currently earn, just imagine what people are saying about N50k now. They don't think like that. Many of us cannot imagine buying houses or lands in certain locations because they are far below our status, at least that's what some of us think, these category of people go farther away. They buy the land at almost a give away. You go to Superstores to buy your food and allied products, they wait for the next oja or eke market, Mile 12, Ile Epo etc. They are not as distracted as we are.. when they see N1k free money, they immediately keep somewhere for about 5 blocks on that land. In 20 years, while you and I are still waiting to get a kind of property in a choice location, development already located where they bought such properties, and we start wishing we acted when they did.

In my place of work, virtually all our drivers have their houses, but very, very few senior offices do.

Life is in stages, if you earn N50k, draw up a plan and focus on actualising, avoid distractions and see those dreams coming through.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:26am On May 05, 2021
Etfash:

It doesn't work that way sir. There is no one who can say in a full year, he or she doesn't get anything else apart from his or her salary. In the workplace, people who earn least are often tipped by few generous bosses. The tips usually mean nothing to those giving it, but to those receiving it, the money means a lot to them, so they put it into something else. Such people are very, very frugal. They make the most of opportunities. You and I may always feel, we have so and so qualifications and look down on what we currently earn, just imagine what people are saying about N50k now. They don't think like that. Many of us cannot imagine buying houses or lands in certain locations because they are far below our status, at least that's what some of us think, these category of people go farther away. They buy the land at almost a give away. You go to Superstores to buy your food and allied products, they wait for the next oja or eke market, Mile 12, Ile Epo etc. They are not as distracted as we are.. when they see N1k free money, they immediately keep somewhere for about 5 blocks on that land. In 20 years, while you and I are still waiting to get a kind of property in a choice location, development already located where they bought such properties, and we start wishing we acted when they did.

In my place of work, virtually all our drivers have their houses, but very, very few senior offices do.

Life is in stages, if you earn N50k, draw up a plan and focus on actualising, avoid distractions and see those dreams coming through.

This is quite true. I went to buy a standing fan on Saturday in one of the supermarkets. I was impressed by the professionalism of the lady attendant as she gave me a breakdown of the workings of each type which enabled me to choose. When i wanted to pay, i told her that i was paying by POS and i saw her face fall. I asked her what the problem is and if they do not have POS, she said they have but it might mean that i will not do weekend for her. I told her that i will do weekend for her. I paid and she suggested i allow them couple it together for me and then reduce the height so that it will be easier for me to put in the car instead of caring it away in a carton and then looking for somebody to couple it for me when i get home. I accepted and it was done. I was impressed with the guy that did the coupling. So i gave him N500 and then gave the lady N1,000 as tips. So on a good day, imagine what that lady and that guy will make in tips.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 10:00am On May 05, 2021
Opzyyy:
Please I need someone to guide me. I want to convert my naira into usd at cbn rate and dump the money in a dorm Account. Please help me

If you find a legal and sustainable way to do this, abeg come teach me grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Opzyyy: 11:35am On May 05, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

If you find a legal and sustainable way to do this, abeg come teach me grin

If you know of the other way can you enlighten me please
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:51pm On May 05, 2021
Oga Emma,
Please, when is Seplat markdown?
What is the dividend expectation this year?
I understand they declare their dividends in USD, do they also pay in USD?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:53pm On May 05, 2021
ojesymsym:
Oga Emma,
Please, when is Seplat markdown?
What is the dividend expectation this year?
I understand they declare their dividends in USD, do they also pay in USD?

Thanks

They using exchange rate of N411 to $1
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 3:32pm On May 05, 2021
Thanks...
What about markdown? any idea or where can I find such info?
emmanuelewumi:

They using exchange rate of N411 to $1

(1) (2) (3) ... (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.