Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1895) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436653 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NYCnextStop(m): 8:47am On May 19, 2021
I've been trying to fund my stanbic mutual fund account but couldn't. Anyone here know how to go about it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by expliciit: 9:22am On May 19, 2021
Please anyone have an idea how long it will take to dispose my sukuk series1 bond, it’s been held for about 1 and half years now, I bought @#1075 now I was told by my broker currently @#1143
Have about 4500 units, will I get my full money back?
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:25am On May 19, 2021
What challenge are you having?
Check the mail they first sent to you, the process for funding is there.

NYCnextStop:
I've been trying to fund my stanbic mutual fund account but couldn't. Anyone here know how to go about it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:13am On May 19, 2021
NYCnextStop:

First of all, hope you are aware that Stanbic have changed the receiving accounts for their mutual funds? If you have been operating with them for upto a year, just check your email inbox for the message from them from December, 2020 to January, 2021.

If that is not your problem, then you have to check your means of funding again. What I do with them is fund transfer from my mobile app and it has been smooth.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 19, 2021
skydiver01:
Another Shoprite gives up on Nigeria (Royal Dutch Shell). Interesting term used by the group CEO for a business operating in Nigeria, i.e. "headache"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-shell-nigeria-idUSKCN2CZ24J

The oil majors have been selling their onshore and shallow water assets even before the current wahala in Naija. Nobody wants to be dealing with the wahala involved in owning assets that any small thing militants will bomb and attack or be stealing your oil. Better for locals to deal with that issue as they know these communities and militants better.

I know for a fact Chevron and Total sold some onshore assets long before this news. Infact, the OML 17 that Total sold to Tony is an onshore asset. And Chevron I think sold one to Dangote.

It is when the oil majors start selling their lucrative deep water assets that you will know there is wahala. I doubt that this will happen anytime soon.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:15pm On May 19, 2021
Is this a joke?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 4:25pm On May 19, 2021
Lol. It's a bad day for crypto.

So it's possible that the guy's 50k has turned to 16k. But trust me na newbie go they cry like this. People like OgororoFreak that bought BTC less than $10k will not be crying because it dropped from $55k to $35k.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NYCnextStop(m): 4:57pm On May 19, 2021
freeman67:

First of all, hope you are aware that Stanbic have changed the receiving accounts for their mutual funds? If you have been operating with them for upto a year, just check your email inbox for the message from them from December, 2020 to January, 2021.

If that is not your problem, then you have to check your means of funding again. What I do with them is fund transfer from my mobile app and it has been smooth.

I'm not aware.I tried doing a transfer from my GTB but was told my account number was incorrect
Noted bro... Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NYCnextStop(m): 4:59pm On May 19, 2021
ojesymsym:
What challenge are you having?
Check the mail they first sent to you, the process for funding is there.

My challenge is that I can't fund my MF account. I have been funding it but couldn't today
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 5:07pm On May 19, 2021
It's not a joke, that's what's happening in the crypto space since the last 48 hours. Personally I lost more than N300k in the value drop of my crypto asset as I sold to cut my losses.

Cryto will test your patient and fear of the unknown will stretch you beyond limits. Imagine working from Jan to Dec to earn N5m and then you put the N5m in crypto after 12 hours the N5m goes down to N4.5m, before you could grab a bottle of beer from the fridge to calm your nerves it drops further to N3.5m.

What do you do at this point?
Do you watch the screen as your N3.5m depreciates further hoping it goes back up in future risking further drop to as low as N1m?
Do you just sell off and keep the remaining N3.5m?

emmanuelewumi:
Is this a joke?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 19, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:
Lol. It's a bad day for crypto.

So it's possible that the guy's 50k has turned to 16k. But trust me na newbie go they cry like this. People like OgororoFrea that said they bought BTC less than $10k will not be crying because it dropped from $55k to $35k.

See bolded wink

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 5:34pm On May 19, 2021
He most likely did though. That guy is not a joker.

He advised people to buy then. My concentration at that time was mostly NYSE, so I bought less coins.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:34pm On May 19, 2021
condomuser:
It's not a joke, that's what's happening in the crypto space since the last 48 hours. Personally I lost more than N300k in the value drop of my crypto asset as I sold to cut my losses.

Cryto will test your patient and fear of the unknown will stretch you beyond limits. Imagine working from Jan to Dec to earn N5m and then you put the N5m in crypto after 12 hours the N5m goes down to N4.5m, before you could grab a bottle of beer from the fridge to calm your nerves it drops further to N3.5m.

What do you do at this point?
Do you watch the screen as your N3.5m depreciates further hoping it goes back up in future risking further drop to as low as N1m?
Do you just sell off and keep the remaining N3.5m?

Someone said he invest in assets that shits and vomits.

If e no shit, e must vomit.

If it doesn't experience capital appreciation, it will give cash flow in form of rent, dividends, coupons, royalties, interests

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 5:39pm On May 19, 2021
There's no much fuss here though. Most of the proper coins only did 10-24% down. Even company stocks go down this range and nothing happens.

The current crypto dip is a combination of Elon/Tesla series of tweets and China news. A good time to buy more if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:39pm On May 19, 2021
In all Investments, it is good to consider the risks and the returns.

Nothing should come as a surprise to an investor.

Capital appreciation and capital erosion should not surprise true investors, the reason why diversification, multiple streams of income and cash flow from Investments are usually emphasised

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 5:40pm On May 19, 2021
skydiver01:
Interesting character (Musk). More interesting is his effect on these crypto prices grin cool

Bitcoin hits three-month low as Musk drives investors to exit
https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/bitcoin-hits-three-month-low-musk-drives-investors-exit-2021-05-17/

Stocks paced toward a third straight day of declines, with technology shares leading the way lower as concerns over inflation persisted

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-updates-may-19-2021-221605666.html
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:51pm On May 19, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:
There's no much fuss here though. Most of the proper coins only did 10-24% down. Even company stocks go down this range and nothing happens.

The current crypto dip is a combination of Elon/Tesla series of tweets and China news. A good time to buy more if you ask me.

Buy more when people are having high blood pressure.

You can buy more if you have other cash flow generating Investments, but not with people who invested their life savings and took a loan in order to make more money

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2021
afroxyz:

Stocks paced toward a third straight day of declines, with technology shares leading the way lower as concerns over inflation persisted

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-updates-may-19-2021-221605666.html

A lot of stocks are driven by speculation and no fundamentals to support them.

If you are a value investor, you will avoid such stocks no matter the growths story.

Tesla used to have a PE of 1000, I can only buy it if the average earned growth for the past 3 years is over 1000%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 7:00pm On May 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

A lot of stocks are driven by speculation and no fundamentals to support them.

If you are a value investor, you will avoid such stocks no matter the growths story.

Tesla used to have a PE of 1000, I can only buy it if the average earned growth for the past 3 years is over 1000%

Very true. But those speculative stocks have underperformed so far this year. This decline in the market for the last 2 weeks has been broad based due to inflation fears
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:09pm On May 19, 2021
afroxyz:

Very true. But those speculative stocks have underperformed so far this year. This decline in the market for the last 2 weeks has been broad based due to inflation fears

At the end of the euphoria and frenzy, when normalcy returns Investments and assets must obey fundamentals and have the right valuations
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 7:45pm On May 19, 2021
Sailor1:
On the other hand, looking at those vehemently against crypt0, they fall into certain categories

1. The d*mb ones: these are just like herd who ruminate what they have been told without thinking. Example is the chap above who after reading an article on how the EU plan to introduce their digitol currency and further regulate the crypt0 space, made it out to believe all CBN's will ban crypt0 in 5 years... lol... If sensible countries were going to do that, they'd have done it already. Well, what I have to say to those folks is that I have significantly more hope in longevity and value of bitc0in than I do in the naira.

2. The salty ones: these are those who have done significant study. It's obvious from their chats that they have read extensively on it. These group missed out buying at 4k, they see it as a missed opportunity but don't want to rush into a pump and have been waiting for a dip to test waters. For this group I'd say, go and wait for us at 30k

3. The I no send group: Those who are not aware and don't care- cool folks I'd say... Na ur right

4. The let me continue with what I know group: Those who have done some reading and are not keen perhaps cos of the volatility, age or other factors. They are largely indifferent and do not care

That said, I believe in the independence of man and people should trade in whatever market they find comfortable. No need being salty over others as far as they are not breaking sensible laws. If as abysmal as the NSE looks over the last decade you still see opportunities there, don't blame me for seeing opportunities in bitc0in

I remember this post from a while back....

Today 3 months after, bitc0in nicely hit 30k....
Of course, the narratives are numerous and the FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) is everywhere...

For those who have waited to get into bitc0in, this might represent an opportunity, for those who believe, it'd eventually go to zero, again I say no worries.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:02pm On May 19, 2021
expliciit:
Please anyone have an idea how long it will take to dispose my sukuk series1 bond, it’s been held for about 1 and half years now, I bought @#1075 now I was told by my broker currently @#1143
Have about 4500 units, will I get my full money back?
Thanks

Is it in your CSCS? If yes, send a mail to your Stockbroker
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 9:29pm On May 19, 2021
The inflation broadbased market price action is unrelated to the bitcoin or cryptocurrencies market price movements. Cash generating equities (companies) have intrinsic values. Cryptocurrencies do not. I maintain within 5 years they will not exist. Digital currencies may very well exist but cryptocurrencies will not exist LEGALLY.
afroxyz:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 9:48pm On May 19, 2021
skydiver01:
The inflation broadbased market price action is unrelated to the bitcoin or cryptocurrencies market price movements. Cash generating equities (companies) have intrinsic values. Cryptocurrencies do not. I maintain within 5 years they will not exist. Digital currencies may very well exist but cryptocurrencies will not exist LEGALLY.

I quite dis disagree... it took me a lot to study on the financial system and government control..... I had a close mind until I read about its modus operandi...
Crypto will be well alive...

No strength to type much... my thoughts
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 11:22pm On May 19, 2021
ibechris:

Also take note of the building material market around that FO1. It is a govt allocation sharing fence with that catholic hospital.

The purpose of the market would be to serve Gwarinpa,Dawaki,Dutse,Kubwa,Chikakore,Kagini, Mpape and Oshafa areas. As at last year Dec,the allocation was sold for 1million. Go search for it and buy.

By the time they finish linking Dantata road to fo1,it will skyrocket again.

Guy, any lead(s) on where to start the search from?
The hospital is actually Daughters of Charity Catholic Hospital.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 11:50pm On May 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Buy more when people are having high blood pressure.

You can buy more if you have other cash flow generating Investments, but not with people who invested their life savings and took a loan in order to make more money

Why will anyone invest their life savings in crypto or even any investment of similar risks whatsoever? Always diversify!! As crypto wounded me today, I checked my eurobonds, mutual funds and stocks to confirm that my overall portfolio didn't receive any hit.

I don't have more than 20% of my total investment in crypto. And 10% of this is in stable coins.

1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by expliciit: 12:40am On May 20, 2021
Thank you boss, yes already done that sir
emmanuelewumi:

Is it in your CSCS? If yes, send a mail to your Stockbroker
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37am On May 20, 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 3:51am On May 20, 2021
arduino:

Guy, any lead(s) on where to start the search from?
The hospital is actually Daughters of Charity Catholic Hospital.

Go to Bwari area council and see whether someone can sell to u,as I bought mine through their staff.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:19am On May 20, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

Why will anyone invest their life savings in crypto or even any investment of similar risks whatsoever? Always diversify!! As crypto wounded me today, I checked my eurobonds, mutual funds and stocks to confirm that my overall portfolio didn't receive any hit.

I don't have more than 20% of my total investment in crypto. And 10% of this is in stable coins.

That is how it should be.

What do you to say about these guys?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:32am On May 20, 2021
Some people are just annoying angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:29am On May 20, 2021
How bad is this crypto crash, this one everyone is talking about it?
Na now people like us go start to de buy small small.

At least no body go abuse CBN on this one

(1) (2) (3) ... (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: janga(m), Palomadove, debeey87(m), MonsieurCoder and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.