Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4457812 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 5:42am On Jun 01, 2021
wink
emmanuelewumi:

Just 7 funds ooo, for different purposes and to avoid co-mingling.

I have

FBN Quest Money Market Fund, for rental income

Abacus Money Market Fund for University Education of the kids

VGIF emergency fund

FSDH Treasury Bill Fund for flenjor

Coral Income Fund: 30% of dividends earned are invested there. Liquidated everything during the lockdown to take position in the stock markets.

United Capital Fixed Income Fund is for diversification and personal retirement plan, 50% of the profit from my personal business goes there. It will continue until, I retire and sell the business.

United Capital Money Fund: I am my grandma's eldest grand son, rental income from her properties are invested there. We use the fund to renovate and maintain the properties, 80% of the surplus is shared among the 20 grandchildren in December during the family reunion party

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zobah: 6:07am On Jun 01, 2021
ojesymsym:
It will be a crime against humanity if oga Emma does not at the minimum write a book that is targeted on Nigerian situation. Most books you find are either foreign ones or paraphrased from foreign scenarios.
You can't read a book about real estate in Nigeria and start talking about mortgage and foreclosure for example... there are not reflective of the Nigerian situation. A Nigerian book on real estate for example must talk about things like deve levy, community fee, touts etc.
I doubt if he will every write one
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zobah: 6:07am On Jun 01, 2021
undecided
Lazyyouth4u:

Free of charge o grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:02am On Jun 01, 2021
Brainbox0806:
If this will make you feel cool: I'M NOT XIAOLI. Now let me educate you a bit, do not try to convince people to know your real worth except you are a celebrity that need such for endorsements motives. Don't post your achievements on the grams, it can only do you more harms than good.

I've an older friend that worth huge billions that reside in the US, whenever he comes back home, he try as much as possible to talk like a typical igbo man with just a normal shirt, nobody knows whtsup about him till he's done here. The real men live codedly but the empty barrel or little kids with unimaginable wealth from unscrupulous sources make the loudest noise.

Don't you think this is late already?. @XiaoLi has already said that he can show us N50m * 20 = N1Billion account balance. cool

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 9:20am On Jun 01, 2021
cheesy
Lazyyouth4u:
Oga Emma, saw this somewhere and thought about you grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 9:26am On Jun 01, 2021
I'm beginning to see that you re such an idiot some take you to be. Abeg, Wetin be your work too if I may ask? Don't play around the question. Just answer.

Well, I'm cocksure you won't answer. You re such a typical failed lazy, useless Nigerian youth, a nincompoo for that matter. Continue with your miserable low life!
Lazyyouth4u post=1 02133320:

Why don’t you tell that to the trolls that drop those very vile insults to me without provocation? I see where your anger is coming from sha. You are an Uber driver as well. Please no vex. I still got mad love for the Uber drivers. Nothing personal bro.

And you think Oga Emma does not go savage on peeps that troll him? Then you just started following Oga Emma grin

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2021
davit:
I'm beginning to see that you re such an idiot some take you to be. Abeg, Wetin be your work too if I may ask? Don't play around the question. Just answer.

I feel your pain bro cry

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Brainbox0806: 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

I feel your pain bro cry

This is a thread for financial educational purposes and not one to show your financial muscles. I hope by your conviction people now believe you are as rich as you claimed so stop shoving it and by so doing derailing the thread.

Let's learn in peace, from a cobbler to the top ceo we are all welcome to share our views.

16 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
Brainbox0806:

This is a thread for financial educational purposes and not one to show your financial muscles. I hope by your conviction people now believe you are as rich as you claimed so stop shoving it and by so doing derailing the thread.

Let's learn in peace, from a cobbler to the top ceo we are all welcome to share our views.

After disguising as billionaire to insult me everyday until I bursted your lying audio ass, you are now talking like say you be victim wey wan learn in peace. When you dey hide to insult person wey better pass you, e no occur to you say you dey derail thread?

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2021
From SEC

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2021
Oga park well, at the bolded dont make it sound like you are doing me some favour. Now listen to me, I want to make it clear that you are not me and i don't want to be you either OK??

You spoke well to some extent but messed everything up in your last sentence, so if Dangote talk about his new refinery and how much he has invested on it or the billions of $$ he will invest in US that makes him empty barrel or little kidd with unimaginable wealth from unscrupulous sources in your shallow thinking?? No wonder that thing called you a taxi driver because you have a poverty oriented reasoning.

You talked about somebody who lives in US and wear just normal shirt when he comes to Nigeria, I also have an Uncle who is multi billionaire, wears luxury designers and do charity worth up to 50M every December, now do you understand the meaning of individual differences??

If you are kidnapped because of your posts on NL then you are a big MUGU, I will never share my personal information here or meet face to face with people that i met here no matter what. My contact in the real world is enough for me, so get that into your head and keep your advise to yourself!!
Brainbox0806:
If this will make you feel cool: I'M NOT XIAOLI. Now let me educate you a bit, do not try to convince people to know your real worth except you are a celebrity that need such for endorsements motives. Don't post your achievements on the grams, it can only do you more harms than good.

I've an older friend that worth huge billions that reside in the US, whenever he comes back home, he try as much as possible to talk like a typical igbo man with just a normal shirt, nobody knows whtsup about him till he's done here. The real men live codedly but the empty barrel or little kids with unimaginable wealth from unscrupulous sources make the loudest noise.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2021
Im sticking to what i said and will not delete that comment either.
NL1960:

Don't you think this is late already?. @XiaoLi has already said that he can show us N50m * 20 = N1Billion account balance. cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
XiaoLi:
Oga park well, at the bolded dont make it sound like you are doing me some favour. Now listen to me, I want to make it clear that you are not me and i don't want to be you either OK??

You spoke well to some extent but messed everything up in your last sentence, so if Dangote talk about his new refinery and how much he has invested on it or the billions of $$ he will invest in US that makes him empty barrel or little kidd with unimaginable wealth from unscrupulous sources in your shallow thinking?? No wonder that thing called you a taxi driver because you have a poverty oriented reasoning.

You talked about somebody who lives in US and wear just normal shirt when he comes to Nigeria, I also have an Uncle who is multi billionaire, wears luxury designers and do charity worth up to 50M every December, now do you understand the meaning of individual differences??

If you are kidnapped because of your posts on NL then you are a big MUGU, I will never share my personal information here or meet face to face with people that i met here no matter what. My contact in the real world is enough for me, so get that into your head and keep your advise to yourself!!

Werey still dey disguise grin

Continue to dey quote yourself up and down like mad man and trying too hard to make stupid point say you be billionaire. Instead make you go hustle passenger to find today chop money for your family.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2021
XiaoLi:
Im sticking to what i said and will not delete that comment either.

You must really believe that thing that they say about ‘wishing it into existence’. Oga you are too old for that kind wishful thinking o. Better go hustle grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
From SEC
Hmm...

Seems like SEC wants to bring Crowdyvest down because they are afraid the company would drive banks out of business. undecided

This country ehn... angry

grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
From SEC

They were already in talks with SEC concerning this financial product and had even put it on hold. Was there any need for SEC to make this public again? These regulators are something else
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2021
They must be targeting fintech, starting with Crowdyvest I guess. Let's see how it plays out anyways.
AlphaLion:
Hmm...

Seems like SEC wants to bring Crowdyvest down because they are afraid the company would drive banks out of business. undecided

This country ehn... angry

grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2021
afroxyz:

They were already in talks with SEC concerning this financial product and had even put it on hold. Was there any need for SEC to make this public again? These regulators are something else

You are expected to get approval before selling Investment products to the public.

I guess people wrote SEC for clarification

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2021
Till today.

I still see as dumb those who voted or supported Buhari. I don't care who you are. You're simply not smart or didn't care to read about him.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2021
I have seen real crazy profit with XPeng shares grin

The fact that I never made a dime when I tried Nigerian stocks, dey make me appreciate foreign stocks even more.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 11:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
Please, I need dollar investment houses /platforms with low risk.
I'll like to know the rate also.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You are expected to get approval before selling Investment products to the public.

I guess people wrote SEC for clarification
The Halal fund was launched on 7th of last month. SEC issued a caease and desist order on 11th. On the 14th they wrote SEC for clarification, only for SEC to do a press release 2 weeks later

https:///ItoWE7WkIw?amp=1
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 12:15am On Jun 02, 2021
afroxyz:

The Halal fund was launched on 7th of last month. SEC issued a caease and desist order on 11th. On the 14th they wrote SEC for clarification, only for SEC to do a press release 2 weeks later

https:///ItoWE7WkIw?amp=1

Why didn't they get SEC consent and all necessary information right considering how big and the kind of fund they control....

They shouldn't just play the victim card here... They should go resolve their issue with SEC

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:16am On Jun 02, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
I have seen real crazy profit with XPeng shares grin

The fact that I never made a dime when I tried Nigerian stocks, dey make me appreciate foreign stocks even more.

In all you do, Fear China Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:02am On Jun 02, 2021
handsomebolanle:

Why didn't they get SEC consent and all necessary information right considering how big and the kind of fund they control....

They shouldn't just play the victim card here... They should go resolve their issue with SEC

The fund was put on hold the same day after SEC issued the order. They wrote SEC days after the order was issued for further clarification. So what more could they have done?

Rather than SEC replying them, SEC went public two weeks after they had written them seeking consent.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:28am On Jun 02, 2021
afroxyz:

The fund was put on hold the same day after SEC issued the order. They wrote SEC days after the order was issued for further clarification. So what more could they have done?

Rather than SEC replying them, SEC went public two weeks after they had written them seeking consent.

It seems you work with the crowdyvest people?

In my opinion, I don't think they are a serious company. Honestly.

The owners couldn't even come up with a unique name for their company. They had to plagiarize "Piggyvest."

Like Lazyyouth4u would always ask, "what experience do the owners have to manage retail fund."?

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:53am On Jun 02, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

In all you do, Fear China Sir.
Sure. I am taking profits here and there on the way up.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:16am On Jun 02, 2021
afroxyz:

Didn't they know the process and procedure?. Why putting the cat before the horse?. So if SEC has kept quiet, that is how they would have continued and draw people in.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 9:18am On Jun 02, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

In my case, I worked with a Kenyan company. Also, a friend of mine was able to open his with a business account.

I'm sure it should be possible for Non-residents to open too, because even me na my Nigerian passport I use as I.D.

No, it's not, you need the KRA pin and you must have established some form of residence either through employment or something like the Alien Card process. You can't enter on a 90-day tourist visa and open a bank account.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 10:26am On Jun 02, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

Eggzactly, you can never go wrong taking profits. grin

Thank God I have taken profits from ALIBABA in the past before the whole ANT group issue, I'm still DCA'ing into $BABA sha. I know it's undervalued at it's current price, but China's regulatory scrutiny can be crazy.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

Chairman, why you lock up na? Why not engage tobex on US stocks na? Let us learn from the discussion na.

Abi you wan dey collect your millions in profit alone the same way you chopped your million dollar profit with Bitc0ins? grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: ojesymsym, Bluekapon(m), davit, MonsieurCoder and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.