Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4432504 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2021
More on GDR

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:11pm On May 29, 2021
Dangote can also decide list the shares of his companies on multiple exchanges.

Eg Airtel Africa, listed on London Stock Exchange and Lagos Stock Exchange

Oando listed on Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Lagos Stock Exchange

Eco Transnational International Bank listed on Lagos, Accra and Abidjan Stock Exchanges

Seplat listed on Lagos and London Stock Exchange in fact the CEO of Seplat a Nigerian earned his dividend in dollars ie $5 million

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 6:31pm On May 29, 2021
Yeah. But i was considering the capital he would be able to raise from GDR as against an IPO or even direct listing
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Brainbox0806: 6:36pm On May 29, 2021
purleesh:

grin
I'm sure your best buddies here from Ahib to Biafra, Brainbox to Xiaoli are all learning from your posts..they just like taunting you from time to time and you, them.

Thanks muxh for your input.

I do learn from him being a professor of theories and nobody is completely useless anyway . He's like a professor that teaches theories in treasurybill University but the moment his students come forth with their practical achievements with huge figures calling, he will go berserk.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:41pm On May 29, 2021
afroxyz:
Yeah. But i was considering the capital he would be able to raise from GDR as against an IPO or even direct listing

Not raising capital, more like conversion of his holdings to a GDR that is denominated in dollars.

Dangote Refinery will raise capital or he will sell part of his holdings, but this will be a wholesale transaction and not retail. Probably minimum Investment of $5 million
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SteveOfu: 7:07pm On May 29, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

When you keep your money in USD and get 0.01% nko? FPIs are not coming to invest in Nigeria because they are mugus.

Naira is not as useless as some of us think it is o. It’s just finding the right opportunities that the problem is.

If you spend in Naira, you are stressing your life by converting all your money to USD offshore. Abi you will need to be transferring money between accounts. By the time you see the fees and charges involved, you will understand.
Try Trove wallet and thank me later
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 29, 2021
Brainbox0806:

I do learn from him being a professor of theories and nobody is completely useless anyway . He's like a professor that teaches theories in treasurybill University but the moment his students come forth with their practical achievements with huge figures calling, he will go berserk.

Illiterate, I will teach you grammar first then I will teach you how to be a courteous driver in order to feed your poor family so they won’t go hungry because of your bad attitude.

I promise you that it is your bad attitude that has made you such a failure sotey you were deported and had to borrow money to buy car for Uber to feed your poor hungry family. Na your children I dey pity. Children with a papa wey no get money is bad enough. But to have a broke audio dreamer as a father is the worst bad luck wey you give your kids.

Better enter road this night and make money for the sake of those poor kids. Smile and open doors for your olosho customers make dem dash you small change to buy night food for your hungry family.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:45pm On May 29, 2021
afroxyz:

Dont u think 38% is high, consodering the fact that the tarhet for S&P 500 is 4500 basis points?

I agree that it's high. But if you check the individual holdings that make up the VOO, bulk of it are Apple, Microsoft, Google, Visa, Mastercard, Amazon, Adobe, Netflix, Disney e.t.c

They have about 500 stocks but the above tech stocks must have pushed their value up this 2021. Also I heavily entered this position in March/April 2020 when everything was on sale. So my returns are not exactly surprising.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:48pm On May 29, 2021
The dividend yield is 0.014 but you're taxed 30% if you are not a U.S resident.

The beauty of VOO is that while it's a no-brainer for new investors, even experienced investors that do not want to deal with the stress of following up many individual companies can cop it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Brainbox0806: 7:55pm On May 29, 2021
Why does my job/financial status give you constant headache, I'm the driver and the poor one so let me feel the heats. Nigga don't worry about me ok,I'm happy and doing great.

Ok lazy girl let's reach an agreement and be friend but say this pledge after me: I Lazyyouth4u hereby pledge not to envy any contributor here nor label anyone's an audio millionaire, I will mind my business henforth and let peace rain, so help me God. Now go and watch Chelsea final, drink beer on this and come back with positive vibes. Kisses �

Lazyyouth4u:

Illiterate, I will teach you grammar first then I will teach you how to be a courteous driver in order to feed your family so they won’t go hungry because of your bad attitude.

I promise you that it is your bad attitude that has made you such a failure sotey you were deported and had to borrow money to buy car for Uber to feed your poor hungry family. Na your children I dey pity. Children with a papa wey no get money is bad enough. But to have a broke audio dreamer as a father is the worst bad luck wey you give your kids.

Better enter road this night and make money for the sake of those poor kids. Smile and open doors for your olosho customers make dem dash you small change to buy night food for your hungry family.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 29, 2021
Brainbox0806:
Why does my job/financial status give you constant headache, I'm the driver and the poor one so let me feel the heats. Nigga don't worry about me ok,I'm happy and doing great.

Ok lazy girl let's reach an agreement and be friend but say this pledge after me: I Lazyyouth4u hereby pledge not to envy any contributor here nor label anyone's an audio millionaire, I will mind my business henforth and let peace rain, so help me God. Now go and watch Chelsea final, drink beer on this and come back with positive vibes. Kisses �

Xiao Li the audio billionaire with a fleet of audio Uber cars, go and pledge to your hungry children that you will stop being an audio illiterate and that you will change your dirty attitude and respect people who are better than you in life in order for them not to starve.

Now run along and go do night driver work to earn some coins. Time ain’t waiting for you. Your kids need to eat night food. Illiterate agbaya!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Brainbox0806: 9:06pm On May 29, 2021
You are not a peace lover, ponmo you no chop, chicken you no chop, u say na beef dey hungry you and you can't work lazy bone. Don't stress me biko, ain't get no more beef in my refrigerator . Go watch 2nd half maybe you will have a change of appetite

Lazyyouth4u:

Illiterate, I will teach you grammar first then I will teach you how to be a courteous driver in order to feed your poor family so they won’t go hungry because of your bad attitude.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 10:01pm On May 29, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Not raising capital, more like conversion of his holdings to a GDR that is denominated in dollars.

Dangote Refinery will raise capital or he will sell part of his holdings, but this will be a wholesale transaction and not retail. Probably minimum Investment of $5 million

Ok.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 10:05pm On May 29, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

I agree that it's high. But if you check the individual holdings that make up the VOO, bulk of it are Apple, Microsoft, Google, Visa, Mastercard, Amazon, Adobe, Netflix, Disney e.t.c

They have about 500 stocks but the above tech stocks must have pushed their value up this 2021. Also I heavily entered this position in March/April 2020 when everything was on sale. So my returns are not exactly surprising.

Thats why i was asking if it was not high considering that the tech stocks have largely underperformed this year. Index is up by 11-12% so may still be feasible, though i think 20-25% is okay this year.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Brainbox0806: 10:23pm On May 29, 2021
And my team won, I'm so happy . The sweetest, undiluted happiness a man could ever have is a free one not the one you try to confuse people to achieve as your daily practice here. Ponder on this and do enjoy your sleep

Lazyyouth4u:

Xiao Li the audio billionaire with a fleet of audio Uber cars, go and pledge to your hungry children that you will stop being an audio illiterate and that you will change your dirty attitude and respect people who are better than you in life in order for them not to starve.

Now run along and go do night driver work to earn some coins. Time ain’t waiting for you. Your kids need to eat night food. Illiterate agbaya!

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 29, 2021
Brainbox0806:
You are not a peace lover, ponmo you no chop, chicken you no chop, u say na beef dey hungry you and you can't work lazy bone. Don't stress me biko, ain't get no more beef in my refrigerator . Go watch 2nd half maybe you will have a change of appetite

You can call me a lazy bone but while you are out in the sun eating lasma shitt and taking insults from riders to feed your hungry wife and children, I’m chilling and living a good life wink

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ritapearlydove(f): 3:24am On May 30, 2021
This place is super packed. Weldone everyone
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 3:48am On May 30, 2021
richforever123:

It's human nature to always want to throw blams on another person when something happens

If you see they way those guys that sit under mango tree look at me when I am driving out, almost as if I stole their inheritance, while I work hard when they sleep and gist
Boss man, I wouldn't tell you to relocate but make friends with them.

I was once living is a very crazy place where you had streets fights almost on a daily basis, police raid the street almost every blessed day, you have boys with no joy. I didn't have the money to move out but I was hoping I would one day, we had boys always lurking around the side of the compound smoking, drinking, gambling etc

One day, I was passing by and greeted them but the response I got was, you no dey see us for here, abi!, na so continue now, knowing the kind of person they are and the atrocities they have and could probably commit. I approach them and introduced myself and I requested what they had like to take, I spent 5k on the spot, the money was a pain in my pocket but I did it, do you know that money was like a protection money for myself and the entire compund.

I recall, one very cool Saturday evening, almost close to my house about 5mins walk, my bag was snatched from me. I headed straight to them and inform them about what happened, they said, "You will get it back for you". I headed home straight and felt disappointed.

After about 45mins I heard a neighbor rushing to me saying what have I done for those boys to be looking for me that they request they wanted to see me, I went to meet them, lo and behold! I was handed my bag and ask to confirm if the items are complete. Everything was COMPLETE, nothing missing, I made it a point of duty to make sure atleast a bottle of hot goes to the leader and if I am bouyant I make them feel real good.

After several years, I later met one of them at a market and he told me, it was because of your kind gesture towards us, your house was not robbed, none of your visitors were harrased, we made sure nothing happened to occupant of the house.

I went for a seminar where the flying Doctor was giving us a talk some years back and she said, "you see those boys in your area, you need them and they need you, help them form time to time" and she explained how they stole her phone and those boys in the area was able to get back her phone & brought it to her office.

I also could recall an Uncle who always buy drinks for the boys in the area anytime he decides to drink in the area, then, he would say, " it's protection drink, they cannot steal or touch any of my kids because of this single act am doing, nobody can or would want to harras my kids even within & outside this area".

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:36am On May 30, 2021
afroxyz:

Thats why i was asking if it was not high considering that the tech stocks have largely underperformed this year. Index is up by 11-12% so may still be feasible, though i think 20-25% is okay this year.

They underperformed probably due to the fact that they were overpriced their valuations didn't make sense and the optimism stopped. Anyway they are still good companies
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:45am On May 30, 2021
All these steady returns can grow to become substantial if you are patient.

Do you know that a one time Investment of N1 million in a fixed income fund that gives 15%, will grow to N4 million in 10 years and N16 million in 20 years.

Make sure most of your money are not idle earning little or nothing in the bank

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 5:57am On May 30, 2021
yazga:
Boss man, I wouldn't tell you to relocate but make friends with them.

I was once living is a very crazy place where you had streets fights almost on a daily basis, police raid the street almost every blessed day, you have boys with no joy. I didn't have the money to move out but I was hoping I would one day, we had boys always lurking around the side of the compound smoking, drinking, gambling etc

One day, I was passing by and greeted them but the response I got was, you no dey see us for here, abi!, na so continue now, knowing the kind of person they are and the atrocities they have and could probably commit. I approach them and introduced myself and I requested what they had like to take, I spent 5k on the spot, the money was a pain in my pocket but I did it, do you know that money was like a protection money for myself and the entire compund.

I recall, one very cool Saturday evening, almost close to my house about 5mins walk, my bag was snatched from me. I headed straight to them and inform them about what happened, they said, "You will get it back for you". I headed home straight and felt disappointed.

After about 45mins I heard a neighbor rushing to me saying what have I done for those boys to be looking for me that they request they wanted to see me, I went to meet them, lo and behold! I was handed my bag and ask to confirm if the items are complete. Everything was COMPLETE, nothing missing, I made it a point of duty to make sure atleast a bottle of hot goes to the leader and if I am bouyant I make them feel real good.

After several years, I later met one of them at a market and he told me, it was because of your kind gesture towards us, your house was not robbed, none of your visitors were harrased, we made sure nothing happened to occupant of the house.

I went for a seminar where the flying Doctor was giving us a talk some years back and she said, "you see those boys in your area, you need them and they need you, help them form time to time" and she explained how they stole her phone and those boys in the area was able to get back her phone & brought it to her office.

I also could recall an Uncle who always buy drinks for the boys in the area anytime he decides to drink in the area, then, he would say, " it's protection drink, they cannot steal or touch any of my kids because of this single act am doing, nobody can or would want to harras my kids even within & outside this area".

Always a good thing to do but "man know thyself" and always understand that "wisdom is knowing where to stop". Sometimes, that gift might make you vulnerable.

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:47am On May 30, 2021
RayRay06677:

Always a good thing to do but "man know thyself" and always understand that "wisdom is knowing where to stop". Sometimes, that gift might make you vulnerable.

Or the receiver will become entitled. The entitlement mentality of Nigerians especially the poor is appalling.

I give a child a 6 years scholarship every year, currently having 5 of such children on scholarship. The community said I should increase it to 5 children a year so in 5 years I will have scholarship for 25 children.

I give free water supply on weekends and during public holidays, but I requested that everyday will be better

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 7:01am On May 30, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

They underperformed probably due to the fact that they were overpriced their valuations didn't make sense and the optimism stopped. Anyway they are still good companies

They were overpriced. Secondly as the economy is opening, the market is broadening as money is flowing to other sectors. That's why despite very good earnings last quarter, their share prices still dropped. Only Facebook and Google have done relatively well this year. But its a good opportunity for bargain hunters
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:30am On May 30, 2021
afroxyz:

They were overpriced. Secondly as the economy is opening, the market is broadening as money is flowing to other sectors. That's why despite very good earnings last quarter, their share prices still dropped. Only Facebook and Google have done relatively well this year. But its a good opportunity for bargain hunters

Good earnings relative price nko, better cash flow income from other Investments etc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 7:40am On May 30, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Good earnings relative price nko, better cash flow income from other Investments etc

You mean for tech companies or investors? Please expantiate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 7:40am On May 30, 2021
ultron12345:
Nigerians

I was just listening to a Forbes interview of Cosmos Maduka, the founder of Coscharis Group. He was asked what his worst day in business was. He said he had two worst days in business, as follows.

The first, he was in Lagos and received a phone call that there was commotion at his branch office in the eastern part of the country. He rushed there and found out that all his staff there had disappeared with money they had collected in advance from customers for supplies. He was sued by 53 traders and had to repay all the stolen money.

The second, a friend needed financial assistance to bring a shipment to Nigeria. He then stood as guarantor for the bank loan collected by this friend. Till today, the shipment never arrived. The friend sold off the shipment on the sea and disappeared with the money, leaving Mr Maduka with N21 billion in debt, producing interest of N300 million monthly. He had to sell of his entire majority shareholding in one the major banks in order to pay it off.

Nigerians. Why are we so wicked and corrupt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-73HOOlMNc

If i say Nigeria will never get better cos Nigerians are just too wicked, them go wan tear me to shreds

Religious, yet extremely wicked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:46am On May 30, 2021
afroxyz:

You mean for tech companies or investors? Please expantiate

For the companies
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:47am On May 30, 2021
hustla:

If i say Nigeria will never get better cos Nigerians are just too wicked, them go wan tear me to shred

Religious, yet extremely wicked

Religious but not godly

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:08am On May 30, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

For the companies

Yea. On point. Like Apple, its cash flow from services has been increasing because they have realized that depending on Iphone sales is not enough. Amazon just bought MGM to support its prime. Sometimes i wonder how one can replicate the vision these companies exhibit in one's life

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2021
afroxyz:

Yea. On point. Like Apple, its cash flow from services has been increasing because they have realized that depending on Iphone sales is not enough. Amazon just bought MGM to support its prime. Sometimes i wonder how one can replicate the vision these companies exhibit in one's life

Just planning and foresight

I am sure their business analysts and financial planners are the very best
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:28am On May 30, 2021
hustla:

Just planning and foresight

I am sure their business analysts and financial planners are the very best

I wouldn't say just o, because the depth of your foresight is based in information you have been able to gather and how you can interprete that information. But its worth emulating. Bezos said that any business decision Amazon implements has been decided three qurters before that time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.