Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4640654 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) ... (2264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
Nice.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
emmasoft:

What oga Emma just posted is a summary of background check you need to do on any fund you wish to invest in before you even check the rate. Any fund no matter who manages it or floats it even a SEC approved firm if it doesn't have all the listed criteria it's still not safe. If you invest in it and anything goes wrong you are own your own. This is from experience.
All mutual fund investors take note.

Yes, very true. Example is Cashcraft and it's PEAS investment. Investors in that scheme have been trying to get their monies back without success. Some of them have even opened thread on how to get back their funds invested in PEAS yet Cashcraft is an approved firm.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
freeman67:

Yes, very true. Example is Cashcraft and it's PEAS investment. Investors in that scheme have been trying to get their monies back without success. Some of them have even opened thread on how to get back their funds invested in PEAS yet Cashcraft is an approved firm.

Even BGL a very big Investment Banking firm. It had a dollar fund that was not registered by SEC, investors lost up to $100 million
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 6:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
freeman67:

This is capital market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by omotola90(m): 1:37am On Jun 30, 2021
just2endowed:

This is capital market
exactly
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:33am On Jun 30, 2021
just2endowed:

This is capital market

I didn't get this. I was talking Cashcraft Asset Management Limited ( Personal Earnings Annuity Scheme - PEAS) sha . I know they have Cashcraft Securities.

https://www.nairaland.com/5516137/cashcraft-investment#100222415
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Samunto: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2021
What is the current TB rate ? and when is the next auction date. Someone should please help.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 11:37am On Jun 30, 2021
Matured tbills for this year week are automatically rolled over, can we discuss and analyse the implications and reasons for that. Are we finally officially broke and might renegotiate the debt.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
RayRay06677:
Matured tbills for this year week are automatically rolled over, can we discuss and analyse the implications and reasons for that. Are we finally officially broke and might renegotiate the debt.

Uhmm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
RayRay06677:

For real?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
RayRay06677:

Yes if it is from the primary market.

If you don't want a rollover, you are expected to write your bank a week before the maturity of the investment

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
Last stop rates may be a guide. The next auction appears to be tomorrow 1 July, 2021.
Samunto:
What is the current TB rate ? and when is the next auction date. Someone should please help.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2021
R u sure ur bank didnt roll over it for u since u didnt specify to terminate it on maturity. kindly confirm from ur bank on y the athematic rollover or terminate it if u really need the cash
RayRay06677:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dollarwoman: 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
Please, anyone with info on the NTB AUCTION?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
You never get a look behind the scenes... truth is the real winners are silent and doing their own thing. Don’t get it twisted. The loud ones tend to be (but not always) pretending to be better than they’re doing. You can tell by how they carry themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2021
The bank is not meant to rollover TBills except Customer requests it.

Below my Tbill certificate is a note :

"Please note that upon maturity, the Face value will be credited to your account. For reinvestment, kindly contact the bank at least 72 hours before the stated maturity date."
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:02am On Jul 01, 2021
otomatic:
The bank is not meant to rollover TBills except Customer requests it.

Below my Tbill certificate is a note :

"Please note that upon maturity, the Face value will be credited to your account. For reinvestment, kindly contact the bank at least 72 hours before the stated maturity date."

It depends ooo. For primary market some bank just roll over unless you give a contrary instruction. In some of the banks TB there is column where to indicate either to roll over at expiration or not. I have once asked them not to roll over yet they did. Na First Bank dey do that roll over pass...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 8:14am On Jul 01, 2021
Ever so true. Seconded.
DaBogu:
You never get a look behind the scenes... truth is the real winners are silent and doing their own thing. Don’t get it twisted. The loud ones tend to be (but not always) pretending to be better than they’re doing. You can tell by how they carry themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Udyawanga: 9:21am On Jul 01, 2021
Dollarwoman:
Please, anyone with info on the NTB AUCTION?
Still waiting for an answer for d above question. Pls kindly reply[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 9:33am On Jul 01, 2021
For those expecting maturity today, kindly do us a favour by stating when you get refund.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:34am On Jul 01, 2021
Udyawanga:

Still waiting for an answer for d above question. Pls kindly reply[color=#000099][/color]

See

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 10:05am On Jul 01, 2021
Grupo:

See

Bidded through Stanbic, but yet to be debited. Has anyone been debited?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 10:59am On Jul 01, 2021
Mills55:

The last time I bought through stanbic. It was on Friday that I was debited instead of Thursday.

If you are not debited today, they may do it tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zobah: 11:02am On Jul 01, 2021
It is i very important
afroxyz:

You are absolutely right. Background check is necessary. But the part that got me cracking was that the person's wife has to be working. grin

On a serious note, when some think of nigerians and their attitude, they just prefer to invest than bring money inro real economy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zobah: 11:03am On Jul 01, 2021
What the reason for the drop?
Grupo:

See

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zobah: 11:05am On Jul 01, 2021
Hmmmm, good question
NL1960:

If you remove all these categories of people, who is left to rent to?. With the high unemployment in the country, how many people are actually gainfully employed?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2021
High demand at the long end (364 days). N59b offered vs N436b subscription.... with N158b allotted... No surprise that the rate dropped.
Zobah:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2021
Zobah:

Ah. I don't know na.

I no be Emefiele.

People like Oga Emma may answer.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
1pm, any one gotten capital on maturity?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Udyawanga: 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mills55:

I think they will debit on Friday. Let's cross our hand and wait till Friday
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2021
Zobah:

Everything in the market is demand and supply.
Once supply is more than demand price/rate will fall and vice versa.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) ... (2264) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.