Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1971) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446540 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1968) (1969) (1970) (1971) (1972) (1973) (1974) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 7:39am On Jul 28, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
This classification for micro, small and medium size businesses was made about 10 years ago.

I think a business with an asset of N10 million and below is a micro business, considering the value of Naira
5 million and below
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:44am On Jul 28, 2021
yazga:
5 million and below

N5 million of 2011, should be worth N3 million in 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:46am On Jul 28, 2021
yazga:
House committee in America has given SEC today to come up with some regulation. The biggest exchange is looking for a CEO with regulatory experience.

It was expected to be decentralized nah, bypass Fiat money

The so called planned regulations will stifle the factors responsible for the speculations
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2021
Yes it dropped last evening.
skydiver01:
Have you received your coupon payment?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:02am On Jul 28, 2021
Akin3891:
https://www.nairaland.com/6672005/cbn-supply-forex-banks-only

I foresee more economy woes for Nigeria, dollar scarcity is looming.

Dollar scarcity looming for genuine users or for speculators and round trippers?. I know of somebody who works in the airline industry that said that they have not been able to service their foreign FX commitments because of lack of dollars. Everybody is now rushing to go and open a BDC because of cheap and free dollars while manufacturers groan and unable to bring in raw materials.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 10:03am On Jul 28, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The so called planned regulations will stifle the factors responsible for the speculations
It is just a "digital currency". If you ask me, I'd tell you it's nothing but a digital form of Naira. It will still be subject to the economy of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 11:41am On Jul 28, 2021
Pleased. That's excellent. Enjoy wink
XiaoLi:
Yes it dropped last evening.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
With dollar hitting N520, all the profits on fixed income looks like a silly move, which kind wahala be this sad

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohzus: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Epa , do you involve urself with commodities and precious metals
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Leezah(f): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
condomuser:
With dollar hitting N520, all the profits on fixed income looks like a silly move, which kind wahala be this sad
convert your naira to $ use the signature on my signature to register you get free shares of either Dangote Sugar or GTbank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
Convert Naira to dollar via Banks as BDCs are now history?
Then buy what exactly with the dollar to get free shares?

Leezah:
convert your naira to $ use the signature on my signature to register you get free shares of either Dangote Sugar or GTbank

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The digital currency planned by CBN is different from crypto currency.

Yes. It's very obvious
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Have you observed that your bank will never advertise fixed deposit or Treasury Bills (during the days of 18%) to their customers. You will have to meet them and make enquiries about such opportunities. Even after making your enquiries they will try to discourage you

Most of the money making opportunities and Investments are top secrets, when money making opportunities are marketed to people we should know we need to be careful

Insightful!

Secret of wealth is ALWAYS hidden

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
With dollar hitting 520naira so, no be to go buy keep till December maybe e go enter like 800naira... grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
kristien4:
With dollar hitting 520naira so, no be to go buy keep till December maybe e go enter like 800naira... grin grin grin

With the announcement, e don dey scarce.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
United Capital Money Market Fund is now 10.33%

Hmm looking good.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
NL1960:

Dollar scarcity looming for genuine users or for speculators and round trippers?. I know of somebody who works in the airline industry that said that they have not been able to service their foreign FX commitments because of lack of dollars. Everybody is now rushing to go and open a BDC because of cheap and free dollars while manufacturers groan and unable to bring in raw materials.

Yeah I listened to analysis by Bismarck on channels yesterday and he was fully in support. CBN says it issues millions of $$ weekly but critical sectors that need it can't access it. Apparently most goes to illegal activities and money laundering.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 8:16am On Jul 29, 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dobnina(f): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2021
XiaoLi:
For those of you that is looking for investment that will give ROI of 30% in 3 months.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/07/28/investor-commits-suicide-as-2000-nigerians-fall-victim-to-suspected-ponzi-scheme/
Hmmmmmmm. This is getting serious
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:33am On Jul 29, 2021
bjtinz:

Yeah I listened to analysis by Bismarck on channels yesterday and he was fully in support. CBN says it issues millions of $$ weekly but critical sectors that need it can't access it. Apparently most goes to illegal activities and money laundering.

I know somebody in the airline industry who has been lamenting their inability to get FX to pay for parts. Th CBN allocates the FX to BDCs and the BDCs now sell to them at N515.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:34am On Jul 29, 2021
XiaoLi:
For those of you that is looking for investment that will give ROI of 30% in 3 months.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/07/28/investor-commits-suicide-as-2000-nigerians-fall-victim-to-suspected-ponzi-scheme/

Na today, Even with this, people still fall victims to another one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adinije(f): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2021
So Stanbic IBTC Secondary market for TB now has minimum of 20m?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 10:57am On Jul 29, 2021
Adinije:
So Stanbic IBTC Secondary market for TB now has minimum of 20m?
Where did you get this information?!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adinije(f): 11:07am On Jul 29, 2021
lavylilly:
Where did you get this information?!
Stanbic bank. She even showed me on her PC
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 11:11am On Jul 29, 2021
Adinije:
Stanbic bank. She even showed me on her PC
Stanbic, why are they like this?

Ordinary FG savings bond, they were just tossing me up and down.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adinije(f): 11:16am On Jul 29, 2021
lavylilly:
Stanbic, why are they like this?

Ordinary FG savings bond, they were just tossing me up and down.
Is FG savings bond different from FG bond?

I think I will do that instead
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 11:17am On Jul 29, 2021
Adinije:
Is FG savings bond different from FG bond?

I think I will do that instead
Yes, there is a thread for it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alexxien: 11:25am On Jul 29, 2021
lavylilly:
Yes, there is a thread for it.
Hello luv, you did not reply my last post. Why? You want me to get sick grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adinije(f): 11:27am On Jul 29, 2021
Gurus in the house, abeg, what is the current rate for fgnsb?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alexxien: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2021
XiaoLi:

Lol….people still get scammed in this 9ja. I thought say money no Dey? People go always find money for ponzi grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 11:51am On Jul 29, 2021
Alexxien:

Hello luv, you did not reply my last post. Why? You want me to get sick grin
Which post?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by juniorrate: 11:52am On Jul 29, 2021
is there treasurybill primary auction offer yesterday?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1968) (1969) (1970) (1971) (1972) (1973) (1974) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.