Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1972) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446745 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1969) (1970) (1971) (1972) (1973) (1974) (1975) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alexxien: 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
lavylilly:
Which post?
The one I was professing my unending love to you. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tranquility2345: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2021
This is not an issue for diversified long-term investors. wink

condomuser:
With dollar hitting N520, all the profits on fixed income looks like a silly move, which kind wahala be this sad

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2021
Has anyone been debited for yesterday's auction
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

N5 million of 2011, should be worth N3 million in 2021
What! So it's easier to make 5million in 2011 than in 2021?

I think 5m of 2011 is 10m in 2021.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
kristien4:
With dollar hitting 520naira so, no be to go buy keep till December maybe e go enter like 800naira... grin grin grin
Buy and keep is good but buying foreign stock or even invest it in risevest real estate till December is better.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:11am On Jul 30, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

I meant the other way round, N5 million of 2021 is about N3 million of 2011
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 7:26am On Jul 30, 2021
Anyone with the yesterday rates should kindly share. Or was there no tbs auction yesterday?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 7:47am On Jul 30, 2021
The auction was on Wednesday 28 July 2021. Kindly find below the results.

Foodempire:
Anyone with the yesterday rates should kindly share. Or was there no tbs auction yesterday?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2021
condomuser:
With dollar hitting N520, all the profits on fixed income looks like a silly move, which kind wahala be this sad

The golden advice again is this. Convert a huge chunk of your naira investment to dollar now and invest in stocks, bonds, REITS or stable coins.

Una get agidi for this Nairaland. Maybe it's because of the name of the forum, that's why we are this patriotic about the naira. With Emefiele and Buhari, naira is still going down grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:08am On Jul 30, 2021
Since I posted this, naira has gone from 450 to 520.

If all you did was buy and keep, that's some 16% in 6 months. But if you invested in Apple, Microsoft, Google or VOO, you should be 30%+ grin.

No rocket science grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cucumbar: 10:40am On Jul 30, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

If all you did was buy and keep, that's some 16% in 6 months. But if you invested in Apple, Microsoft, Google or VOO, you should be 30%+ grin.

No rocket science grin
please, how do you invest in foreign stocks?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

No rocket science grin
If the voodoo economic policies of the Pharoah in charge of Nigeria doesn't change, dollars might likely be nose-diving to around 600 to 800 Naira by 2021, and if the Pharoah continues till 2023, dollar might likely be swinging between 800 to 1500 Naira to one American US. shocked

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 11:33am On Jul 30, 2021
skydiver01:

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 11:38am On Jul 30, 2021
Foreign stocks like you mentioned, is there any site that is reliable that allow Non-US residents to buy, there is a lot of scam out there so I'd rather use all my money and eat peppersoup, isiewu, chicken suya etc than dash it out.

Tobex4realTobex234:

The golden advice again is this. Convert a huge chunk of your naira investment to dollar now and invest in stocks, bonds, REITS or stable coins.

Una get agidi for this Nairaland. Maybe it's because of the name of the forum, that's why we are this patriotic about the naira. With Emefiele and Buhari, naira is still going down grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 12:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
condomuser:
Foreign stocks like you mentioned, is there any site that is reliable that allow Non-US residents to buy, there is a lot of scam out there so I'd rather use all my money and eat peppersoup, isiewu, chicken suya etc than dash it out.

Oh my gosh, your last 3 sentences cracked up my ribs, lol at eating isiewu,suya and pepper soup, is good you thread carefully now because guymen sleeping under oshodi bridge with laptop's can clone almost any website and ask for your details, once you drop your pepper, they will vamoose, contact kyari to arrest and detain you and case go enter ( he asked for my tailor and l directed him to my tailor and he paid to my tailor, l am just an olokpa called kyari doing my job, l don't collect egunje ) grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2021
cucumbar:

Download Bamboo, Chaka or Trading 212.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2021
cucumbar:
Hello! You start by using the link on my profile to register and we both get FREE shares wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yetunsbay(m): 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

if that's in USD thou
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yetunsbay(m): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

but all this stable coins.Assume the trading platform got hacked..what's the fate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yetunsbay(m): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2021
condomuser:

and buy me one chilled bottle of stout
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
yetunsbay:
but all this stable coins.Assume the trading platform got hacked..what's the fate

If you invest the stable coin, you are protected by the exchange's capital reserve in the event of a hack. This is for the big, reputable exchanges.

If you are so worried about the platforms getting hacked, you can put it in a private wallet (although you will not get any interest).
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2021
skydiver01:

I wasn't debited. I guess GTB was not successful cry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yetunsbay(m): 12:24am On Jul 31, 2021
einsteine:

If you invest the stable coin, you are protected by the exchange's capital reserve in the event of a hack. This is for the big, reputable exchanges.

If you are so worried about the platforms getting hacked, you can put it in a private wallet (although you will not get any interest).
thk u
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LauraClasikVibe(f): 6:58am On Jul 31, 2021
yetunsbay:
You will get double of your money in mist cases as a compensation. Hobit did it this year when they were hacked, people where given double of their coin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2021
Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that we now have dedicated foreign exchange teller points at our branches nationwide for your FX needs, including PTA/BTA, international school fees payments, and more. Simply provide the required documentation and we’ll take care of the rest.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. For travel allowance, you’ll need a duly completed Form A, your International Passport, a valid visa, and a return ticket.

​​​​​​​2. Your PTA/BTA request will only be processed if:

You are 18 years and above, and you have a valid BVN
Your trip has a flight time of 5 hours and above.
You have not received up to $4,000 or its equivalent within the quarter
Your travel date is not more than 14 days from the date you purchase your PTA/BTA
3. For international school fees payments, you will need an official admission letter, school bill, and a duly completed Form A. Post-graduate students must also show their first degree certificate.

Visit any Union Bank branch today for all your FX needs! Click here to find the nearest branch

If you have any questions, please call UnionCare, our 24/7 Contact Centre on 07007007000 or email: customerservice@unionbankng.com.

Union Bank will never ask you for your PIN, Passwords, BVN, or ATM card details via calls or texts. When in doubt, please call 07007007000.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ohyinyeah: 11:14am On Jul 31, 2021
RayRay06677:
Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that we now have dedicated foreign exchange teller points at our branches nationwide for your FX needs, including PTA/BTA, international school fees payments, and more. Simply provide the required documentation and we’ll take care of the rest.

1. For travel allowance, you’ll need a duly completed Form A, your International Passport, a valid visa, and a return ticket.

Your travel date is not more than 14 days from the date you purchase your PTA/BTA
3. For international school fees payments, you will need an official admission letter, school bill, and a duly completed Form A. Post-graduate students must also show their first degree certificate.

Visit any Union Bank branch today for all your FX needs! Click here to find the nearest branch

If you have any questions, please call UnionCare, our 24/7 Contact Centre on 07007007000 or email: customerservice@unionbankng.com.

Union Bank will never ask you for your PIN, Passwords, BVN, or ATM card details via calls or texts. When in doubt, please call 07007007000.
Bank Boys will make cool cash
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:33am On Jul 31, 2021
Ohyinyeah:
Bank Boys will make cool cash

Not that easy if CBN is really serious about catching fraudulent applicants.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yetunsbay(m): 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
You will get double of your money in mist cases as a compensation. Hobit did it this year when they were hacked, people where given double of their coin
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Callmed: 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
RayRay06677:
Dear Customer,

Hello, does union bank not require a return ticket for PTA?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sentoms: 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2021
Mixta Real Estate Plc Commercial Paper

Mixta Real Estate PLC is offering up to N1.7billion Series 42 Commercial Paper under its N20 billion Commercial Paper Issuance Programme. Proceeds from the offer will be used to support short term funding requirements, please find more details below and kindly reach out to me ,if you are interested.

Adeolu - 08080250177

Issuer

Mixta Real Estate PLC Series: 42

Tenor: 270 days

Issuance Size: Up to N1.7bn

Discount Rate/ Upfront interest: 15.4942%
Implied Yield/ Interest@ maturity: 17.5000%

Offer Open Date: Monday, 2 August 2021

Offer Close Date: Tuesday, 10 August 2021

Issuer (Corporate) Rating: “A2” Short term by DataPro

“BBB-” Long term by DataPro

Minimum Subscription: N5 million

Mixta Africa is the real estate subsidiary of ARM Holding Company.

https://mixtafrica.com/

Don't miss this Investment opportunity.

Adeolu - 08080250177

(1) (2) (3) ... (1969) (1970) (1971) (1972) (1973) (1974) (1975) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: abraolas1 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.