Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2036) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441559 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:52am On Dec 10, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Exactly! Rental is the best, if and only if you would be getting the drivers direct from heaven.

And we all know that heaven will not send drivers to Nigeria because when he gets to Nigeria, he will start behaving like a typical Nigerian driver that is on rental basis.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 10:32am On Dec 10, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Exactly! Rental is the best, if and only if you would be getting the drivers direct from heaven.

If only you know.

Things are really hard these days. Thousands of people are looking for cars on rentals with no available car.

When they manage to get one, they are now very careful with their remittances. For the ones that want to prove difficult and don't pay as at when due, you shut down your vehicle from your tracker and give to the next available driver.

What I always tell people which was one of the mistakes I made initially was, never give the vehicle to someone you know or someone related to you.

It must be a stranger with no emotions attached.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:02am On Dec 10, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

Doubt if he would get the rental income for 6 months, before everything will run down
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:03am On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

If only you know.

Things are really hard these days. Thousands of people are looking for cars on rentals with no available car.

When they manage to get one, they are now very careful with their remittances. For the ones that want to prove difficult and don't pay as at when due, you shut down your vehicle from your tracker and give to the next available driver.

What I always tell people which was one of the mistakes I made initially was, never give the vehicle to someone you know or someone related to you.

To save yourself from stress and high blood pressure, hire purchase is better.

By the time you get 500k as rental income, your car must have depreciated by N1.2 million and above

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 11:34am On Dec 10, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

To save yourself from stress and high blood pressure, hire purchase is better.

By the time you get 500k as rental income, your car must have depreciated by N1.2 million and above

Ask around, corollas don't depreciate in Nigeria.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 11:36am On Dec 10, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Doubt if he would get the rental income for 6 months, before everything will run down

What will run down? You don't pay for two consecutive weeks, I shut down the vehicle and give to another person. At every point in time, there are thousands of drivers looking for vehicles.

You only need to know where to look
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 12:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
For rental, consult your jazz man. Those drivers will run you street any day, once that one from heaven arrives, esprit de corps sets in as his compatriots will view his move as spoiling business and they will set into action and corrupt that heavenly mind.

Go locking the car and giving another, please how many times would you lock in the life time of the car, calculate the losses and consider the usage on rental is different from hire purchase, u see those gallop they dodge during hire purchase, they will swim on it on rental.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

What will run down? You don't pay for two consecutive weeks, I shut down the vehicle and give to another person. At every point in time, there are thousands of drivers looking for vehicles.

You only need to know where to look

Too much theory, get your car and put it on rental.

Experience is the best teacher

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Too much theory, get your car and put it on rental.

Experience is the best teacher

I thought that was obvious already.

I have three vehicles on rentals so whatever I tell you is not theory

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
RayRay06677:
For rental, consult your jazz man. Those drivers will run you street any day, once that one from heaven arrives, esprit de corps sets in as his compatriots will view his move as spoiling business and they will set into action and corrupt that heavenly mind.

Go locking the car and giving another, please how many times would you lock in the life time of the car, calculate the losses and consider the usage on rental is different from hire purchase, u see those gallop they dodge during hire purchase, they will swim on it on rental.

You are not following.

When they know the vehicle will be taken from them and it may take another 4 months to get another vehicle, they take the one they have serious. This is why the vehicle must not be given to someone you know. They know you won't collect the vehicle or will send people to beg you if you collect it.

Just book a Bolt ride and ask the driver how easy it is to get a vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

If only you know.

There had never been a dearth of people looking for cars on rentals. Some might even swear with their unborn kids. how loyal they always are but when they get the cars same old stories of cheating the owner. Funny they all have similar methods.

From my own experience, I vowed never to do rentals again. Hire purchase went well for me.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
There had never been a dearth of people looking for cars on rentals. Some might even swear with their unborn kids. how loyal they always are but when they get the cars same old stories of cheating the owner. Funny they all have similar methods.

From my own experience, I vowed never to do rentals again. Hire purchase went well for me.

Can you please share two of these methods they use in cheating? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 1:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

If a driver cheated you, you enabled it.

Most people go into businesses without having a good understanding of how the business works. I want to believe that was why your rental thing failed.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
ThisisIkemefuna:

Can you please share two of these methods they use in cheating? Thanks
One common thing is that they manhandle the cars, decreasing it's lifespan. When u give same car to them on hire purchase, you clearly see they treating it like a baby.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
One common thing is that they manhandle the cars, decreasing it's lifespan. When u give same car to them on hire purchase, you clearly see they treating it like a baby.

The first thing in rentals and where most people fail is, the vehicle has to be in a very good shape.

Putting a Nigerian used vehicle on rentals is a recipe for disaster.

The next pitfall is the agreement. Most people just copy someone else's agreement and have the driver sign.

This is what works for me.

Drivers should bear the whole cost of miscellaneous fixes.

Miscellaneous fixes includes exhaust leaks, tire fixes, wheel balancing, alignment, e.t.c.

Drivers bear 10-15% of all suspension fixes above 20,000 and 15-20% when it's below N20,000.

You only bear the whole cost of repairs of damage to drivetrain components. Your engine, your transmission, cv axles, e.t.c.

When they know they are partly responsible for repairs, they drive carefully.

Lastly, vehicle owners should be reasonable with rental demands.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

The first thing in rentals and where most people fail is, the vehicle has to be in a very good shape.

The next pitfall is the agreement. Most people just copy someone else's agreement and have the driver sign.

Miscellaneous fixes includes exhaust leaks, tire fixes, wheel balancing, alignment, e.t.c.

Drivers bear 10-15% of all suspension fixes above 20,000 and 15-20% when it's below N20,000.

You only bear the whole cost of repairs of damage to drivetrain components. Your engine, your transmission, cv axles, e.t.c.

I suspect you haven't actually done this business before.

They are responsible for fixing but they only patching and managing the car till it finally packup and they start telling you it's spiritual ish and how "arrow was fired" from the underworld.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

You sound very confident in your style of business. Can I know how long you've operated and the success rate you've achieved with drivers overall?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
I suspect you haven't actually done this business before.

They are responsible for fixing but they only patching and managing the car till it finally packup and they start telling you it's spiritual ish and how "arrow was fired".

I see why you failed with the rentals

Your trusted mechanic repairs the vehicle. You should never allow them handle repairs on their own. Never. Not even oil change
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

I see why you failed with the rentals

Your trusted mechanic repairs the vehicle. You should never allow them handle repairs on their own. Never
They won't tell u the car is faulty so they don't spend on quality fixing from ur mechanic. Your trusted mechanic only fix if they let you know.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
ThisisIkemefuna:

You sound very confident in your style of business. Can I know how long you've operated and the success rate you've achieved with drivers overall?

I started with one vehicle last year October. Got another one July this year and the last vehicle in November.

The first driver was a mess because I gave someone I knew. Learnt from that experience and it has been good. Hoping to get another by end of January

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
They won't tell u the car is faulty so they don't spend on quality fixing from ur mechanic. Your trusted mechanic only fix if they let you know.

The vehicle is usually due for service in about two months. How long can they drive it if faulty without me knowing?

Besides, it's clearly spelt out in the agreement that I can demand for inspection anytime I want.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

I thought that was obvious already.

I have three vehicles on rentals so whatever I tell you is not theory

How long have you been doing this?

How much is the vehicle?

How much is the weekly rental?

What is your profit margin?

At any point in time, how much do you have in liquid cash for emergencies and replacement of the vehicles?

What is the useful lifespan of the vehicle used?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
I wish you well in your rental business.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

I started with one vehicle last year October. Got another one July this year and the last vehicle in November.

The first driver was a mess because I gave someone I knew. Learnt from that experience and it has been good. Hoping to get another by end of January

You started 14 months ago with a vehicle and now have 3 vehicles?

Did you get a loan in July for the purchase of the second vehicle? If yes, what was your own equity contribution for the purchase.

You also got another vehicle in November, how much is the vehicle? Did you get a loan? What is the interest rate?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

So for a place like Lagos, what is the daily range rental that an owner should expect?.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
NL1960:

So for a place like Lagos, what is the daily range rental that an owner should expect?.

Most hire purchase for ehailing is about 30k per week.

Rental should be lower
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

The vehicle is usually due for service in about two months. How long can they drive it if faulty without me knowing?

Besides, it's clearly spelt out in the agreement that I can demand for inspection anytime I want.
It's easy to make adjustment to the problem I talk about but reality comes with unexpected.

I heed to a friend's advice and employed someone to always sit in front and go with them daily, 98% of these drivers quit. I get another driver, he quit after one week.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 7:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
It's easy to make adjustment to the problem I talk about but reality comes with unexpected.

I heed to a friend's advice and employed someone to always sit in front and go with them daily, 98% of these drivers quit. I get another driver, he quit after one week.

Very funny. You employed someone to sit at the front? Lol.

Forgive my laughter

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2021
ThisisIkemefuna:

Very funny. You employed someone to sit at the front? Lol.

Forgive my laughter
Yes, that was my commercial bus business and funny enough, it really worked just that most of the drivers resigned giving funny excuses.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
Itsrm:

Still waiting for answers to the questions I asked over 4 hours ago

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2021
Thinking if I should buy this MTN shares or not.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
Go to the Uber thread if you want to know the present reality about E hailing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.