Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2038) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4442041 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 8:15am On Dec 12, 2021
Dangote is a billionaire, Otedola is equally a billionaire.

Why not advise him to invest in what this guys have invested in instead of brothel and beer parlour.

You are biased on this one, this will embolden some people to attack more people here.

emmanuelewumi:

In business where people are making billions of Naira based on the fact that they invested in what they understand.

Chief Kensington Adebutu is a billionaire and what is the main source of his wealth, Chief Ndokwa is a billionaire and what is the main source of his wealth?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:35am On Dec 12, 2021
XiaoLi:

Why not advise him to invest in what this guys have invested in instead of brothel and beer parlour.

You are biased on this one, this will embolden some people to attack more people here.

I said invest in what you understand, did he tell you that he doesn't understand beer parlour business? He was here few months ago to talk about his brothel business.

In order not to lose money, always invest in what you understand.

Dangote invested in Liberty Merchant Bank about 25 years ago, he lost money probably because he invested in what he did not understand.

Otedola is now the largest shareholder of First Bank, I hope he gets it right.

Ogogorofreak, always Invest in what you understand and you won't make serious Investment mistakes

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 12, 2021
XiaoLi:

There is dignity in Labour. Be proud of what you do. Own your Uber driving with your full chest the way that guy owns his brothel olosho work with his full chest. Everyone can’t be Dangote and Otedola. There are people that make their billions from packing shit. Stop being stupid. No need for all the stupid audio lies. Nobody send you for here o.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I said invest in what you understand, did he tell you that he doesn't understand beer parlour business? He was here few months ago to talk about his brothel business.

Dangote invested in Liberty Merchant Bank about 25 years ago, he lost money probably because he invested in what he did not understand.

Ogorofreak, always Invest in what you understand and you won't make serious Investment mistakes

Don’t forget Dangote dabbling into refinery business that he knows nothing about. It has to be one of the biggest mistakes he will make as a business man and I’m sure he wishes he could turn back the hands of time on that decision.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 9:47am On Dec 12, 2021
Itsrm:

Been doing it for over one year

The first vehicle cost 1.9. The second, 2.2 and the last 2.4

Two drivers pay 25k weekly. The last one pays 30k which will be reviewed to 25k in January.

I don press calculator finish, the last vehicle will take more than 2 years to break even @ 25k, even @ 30k - returns about 400k.

25k * (52-5) weeks/year * 2years = 2.35M assuming 5weeks as expenses and holidays.

Conclusion: Naira devaluation don dey spoil ur biz.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:02am On Dec 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Don’t forget Dangote dabbling into refinery business that he knows nothing about. It has to be one of the biggest mistakes he will make as a business man and I’m sure he wishes he could turn back the hands of time on that decision.

He has money to employ competent manpower, I hope he gets it right

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

He has money to employ competent manpower, I hope he gets it right

You just said he failed when he went into Liberty that he knew nothing about. Was it not with the same ‘competent manpower’? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:09am On Dec 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

You just said he failed when he went into Liberty that he knew nothing about. Was it not with the same ‘competent manpower’? undecided

Dangote Group was not as big as it is now. Olakunle Alake his right hand guy joined Dangote Group from Liberty Merchant Bank.

You cant avoid taking calculated risks

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shalomblue: 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
I have ventured into Uber biz before. It's just like stock trading. Start with a very good car and never give the car to a known person.
However, I think he's moving too fast. 3 cars within 1 year is too fast for me. He should not buy the 4th yet. I'm sure he's yet to know the effect of depreciation on Uber used cars.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
shalomblue:
I have ventured into Uber biz before. It's just like stock trading. Start with a very good car and never give the car to a known person.
However, I think he's moving too fast. 3 cars within 1 year is too fast for me. He should not buy the 4th yet. I'm sure he's yet to know the effect of depreciation on Uber used cars.

5 years is the ideal time to know the profitability and growth of a business.

I guess he was co-mingling his personal money with that of the transport business.
He never mentioned if he got a loan for the additional cars Not possible for him to use the income from the transport business to buy additional 2 cars in 14 months

How long were you in the business

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2021
You mind sharing a detailed experience about it.
shalomblue:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

If you were a real investor, you would know exactly what happened to Oceanic Bank and its shares. Even non-investor types know what happened.

Either you are a buffoon or you bought tashere N1000 shares that the registrars no send you (na those N1000 shareholders dey make noise pass). One does not have to be a rocket scientist to guess which one you are…
Bought oceanic bank shares when I was in the University. Small money? Yes, small money but thats the reason I dont touch Nigeria stocks.

I was still a broke street boy even during and few years after NYSC before God pick my call through an Olosho.

Smart or experience investor? No, I have never for once claimed to be one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Reason why you should not invest in Nigerian stocks until you have mastered the game
The way I'm built, I can only master anything if I put small money while I learn.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Ogogorofreak, always Invest in what you understand and you won't make serious Investment mistakes
Yes, my brothel business is going well.

If you noticed, I have not visited nairaland that much for sometime cos I have to be actively involved.

It's a success and I will build a bigger and better one soon.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
shocked
OgogoroFreak:

If you noticed, I have not visited nairaland that much for sometime cos I have to be actively involved.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shalomblue: 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
Oyindamolah:
You mind sharing a detailed experience about it.
I did it for about 18 months. The first driver was consistent with his weekly payment but over used the car because he was hustling to buy his own car. After about a year, he got his car, I gave it to a guy which was not consistent at all, took the car from him with the plan to sell it. A friend in the neighborhood then asked I should partner with him, gave him the car, but in the 3 months he drove it, it was one story or the other. Sold the car, a 2009 Honda city to him at 350k but he failed to pay up. Just wrote it off. I made about 900k in the course of operating it. More like I sold the car for 900k.I learnt very valuable lessons though and I don't think I will ever do Uber biz again.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 5:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
shalomblue:

I did it for about 18 months. The first driver was consistent with his weekly payment but over used the car because he was hustling to buy his own car. After about a year, he got his car, I gave it to a guy which was not consistent at all, took the car from him with the plan to sell it. A friend in the neighborhood then asked I should partner with him, gave him the car, but in the 3 months he drove it, it was one story or the other. Sold the car, a 2009 Honda city to him at 350k but he failed to pay up. Just wrote it off. I made about 900k in the course of operating it. More like I sold the car for 900k.I learnt very valuable lessons though and I don't think I will ever do Uber biz again.
The bolded is very important to me. Kindly share

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 6:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

Its your type that encourages the spread of all kind yamayama disease from okpo foul smelling diseased abuna to mankind. If this brothel business story is true may strong yamayama nack that your bald head there. I suspect you are an armed robber angry

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
Labadi69:

Its your type that encourages the spread of all kind yamayama disease from okpo foul smelling diseased abuna to mankind. If this brothel business story is true may strong yamayama nack that your bald head there. I suspect you are an armed robber angry
The bag bro, the fvcking bag!

Toto and prick will always wanna do their thing and you and I can't stop them. Then, lets Cashout!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by texasux: 9:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

If you know that your shares are underpriced you will borrow against them or use cash flow from your shares rather than selling them

Insiders sell their shares when they are overpriced, like what MTN group is currently doing

Sir, what's your take on the ongoing MTN PO?

Buy or Pass

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:16am On Dec 13, 2021
texasux:

Sir, what's your take on the ongoing MTN PO?

Buy or Pass

Invest in what you understand.

Do you understand the company? Do you understand the industry? Have you read the financial reports of the company?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lovelynife(m): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Invest in what you understand.

Do you understand the company? Do you understand the industry? Have you read the financial reports of the company?
Still expecting your candid advice . Buy or pass?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:48pm On Dec 13, 2021
Lovelynife:

It still boils down to the fact that you don't understand why you want to buy or pass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dobnina(f): 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

It still boils down to the fact that you don't understand why you want to buy or pass.
Answer the questions
Yes or No
That's what we want to hear.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
Lovelynife:

Buy put your life savings into it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
dobnina:

Answer the questions
Yes or No

Just imagine wetin this overgrown baby dey shit from smelling mouth. Is your father paying him to answer? You better give yourself sense there before strong yamayama nack that your massive forehead and receding hairline. Mugu angry

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
Words often used on this investment thread >>> Yamayama, Uber, bald head, Okpor, Brothel, Disease, Sama your head, burukutu, sapele water, shepe, kainkain, mutual funds, shares, coupons, don't drop your details oo, monitoring spirits, profits, losses, CBN, buhari, E- Naira, crypto currency, Chai shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
This is the height of entitlement mentality that has ruined most Nigerians. If Oga Emma should say yes, and the novice investor goes ahead to buy shares he knows nothing about, if anything eventually goes wrong tomorrow, you will all be crucifying Oga Emma.

But if everything goes well and the novice investor gets good dividends from his shares, you won't see him here again to even say thank you or share his own experience with others.

Some Nigerians are terribly terrible, no wonder we have heartless and unreasonable leaders.

dobnina:

Answer the questions
Yes or No

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
dobnina:

Answer the questions
Yes or No

Nobody is paid to answer your question here. In Investment you can always have yes and no answers to the same question and both answers will be valid. It depends on the investment game you are playing

Is Bread and egg good for breakfast? Answer Yes or No

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2021
Donbrig:
This is the height of entitlement mentality that ruined most Nigerians. If Oga Emma should say yes, and the novice investor goes ahead to buy shares he knows nothing about, if anything eventually goes wrong tomorow, you will all be crucifying Oga Emma.

But if everything goes well and the novice investor gets good dividends from his shares, you won't see him here again to even say thank you or share his own experience with others.

Some Nigerians are terribly terrible, no wonder we have heartless and unreasonable leaders.

God bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
dobnina:

Answer the questions
Yes or No
Is your right.Go force it out of his mouth.....ewu

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lovelynife(m): 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2021
dobnina you don buy am ooo. See how frustrated people don dey react on top your matter. It is well ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.