Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,539 members, 7,837,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4468776 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Be greedy when others are fearful, you should be smiling in 36 months time

Pa Emma, did you also invest in bitcoin?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2022
petaling:

Pa Emma, did you also invest in bitcoin?

You should be smart enough to understand sarcasm.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Ok
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Nothing like part liquidation.

You can have partial liquidation of your money market fund Investment but it is not possible with Treasury Bills

The bolded is one of the advantages of Money market fund over Treasury Bills.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Amios(f): 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
Don't just join any affiliate marketing network, join one that works.

Tested by many

Pays every WEEK
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:07am On Jan 25, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vinco82(m): 6:27am On Jan 25, 2022
[quote author=emmanuelewumi post=108897192]

A 10 year bond in the secondary market is cutrently 12.6%, primary market bonds gives a better yield. So the 13% on the last Sukuk is appropriate WHEN ARE WE EXPECTING ANOTHER SUKU BOND SIR?
CAN SOMEONE BUY SUKU BOND FOR ₦1,000,000?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:35am On Jan 25, 2022
emmasoft:

@emmasoft, are you guys paying any extra on VGIF?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:54am On Jan 25, 2022
NL1960:

@emmasoft, are you guys paying any extra on VGIF?.

For now nothing has been said about it.
If anything comes up all subscribers will be informed.

Main while you can take advantage of the current good rate of Abacus money market fund.
8.41% as at yesterday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:58am On Jan 25, 2022
emmasoft:

For now nothing has been said about it.
If anything comes up all subscribers will be informed.

Main while you can take advantage of the current good rate of Abacus money market fund.
8.41% as at yesterday

Unfortunately i do not like moving investments up and down as that will entail me terminating my VGIF for Abacus which will also mean that once Abacus goes down, i terminate again and move.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2022
NL1960:

Unfortunately i do not like moving investments up and down as that will entail me terminating my VGIF for Abacus which will also mean that once Abacus goes down, i terminate again and move.

No, you don't need to terminate. Once you open your Abacus account it's the same customer number you will be given.
To move your money, you don't need to terminate one for the other.

Just send instruction through the redemption form and the money will be moved without any cost.

You can just leave say 50k in your VGIF and any time VGIF is doing better you do the same thing and move from Abacus.

It's just like having two accounts with the same bank and using just one account name and same debit card. The accounts are linked.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jabolo(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sukuk 4 Allocation Advised!

- Rental Rate: 13.00% per annum
- Rental Payment Frequency: Rental payments will be credited bi-annually, on 29 June and 29 December every year until the Maturity Date
- Issue Date: 29 December 2021

All Retail customers should have got their full allocations. Check your bank/broker or where you applied.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2022
Happy days smiley Time to compound once again wink Next stop July 2022.

skydiver01:
The next coupon for 2034 is due today 18 Jan which I expect by COB and the 2026 is due on Saturday 22 Jan which I expect on Monday 24 Jan COB. wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2022
jabolo:

- Rental Payment Frequency: Rental payments will be credited bi-annually, on 29 June and 29 December every year until the Maturity Date

All Retail customers should have got their full allocations. Check your bank/broker or where you applied.

Do you have a link to the details of the allotment?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jabolo(m): 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Do you have a link to the details of the allotment?

No link but I use a broker, and was forwarded letterheaded confirmation (from the joint issuing houses) by my customer relations person.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
jabolo:

No link but I use a broker, and was forwarded letterheaded confirmation (from the joint issuing houses) by my customer relations person.

Yet to be credited to our CSCS account, hopefully by the end of the month
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
I did not get the allocation advise. I contacted Greenwich through which I subscribed immediately I saw the message of his allocation notice and was told that it will be credited to our CSCS once the regulator approve it.

They said it was successful for all retail investors sha.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
How about MTN, that was my first shares attempt, does it take forever and when are we expecting returns?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
RayRay06677:
How about MTN, that was my first shares attempt, does it take forever and when are we expecting returns?

This is what my broker sent about it some days ago.

Dear Afrinvestor,

Thank you once again for choosing Afrinvest Securities Limited as your preferred broker on the MTNN Primary offer.

This is to inform you that MTNN is yet to allocate the shares. No investor from any broker has been allocated.

Kindly note that the delay is due to regulatory approval, once the allotment has been finalized, we will update you.

Your CSCS account will be credited and then you will be able to view the shares in your portfolio on our platform.

Thank you once again for choosing Afrinvest Securities Limited.

If you have inquiries about this Offer or other investments, you can reach us via brokerageteam@afrinvest.com

Attached is MTN's

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
freeman67:

This is what my broker sent about it some days ago.

Dear Afrinvestor,

Thank you once again for choosing Afrinvest Securities Limited as your preferred broker on the MTNN Primary offer.

This is to inform you that MTNN is yet to allocate the shares. No investor from any broker has been allocated.

Kindly note that the delay is due to regulatory approval, once the allotment has been finalized, we will update you.

Your CSCS account will be credited and then you will be able to view the shares in your portfolio on our platform.

Thank you once again for choosing Afrinvest Securities Limited.

If you have inquiries about this Offer or other investments, you can reach us via brokerageteam@afrinvest.com

Attached is MTN's

Thanks for the response

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sentoms: 10:00am On Jan 26, 2022
mixta Real Estate Plc commercial paper

mixta Real Estate PLC is offering up to N5billion Series 1 & 2 commercial paper under its N25 billion commercial paper Issuance Programme. Proceeds from the offer will be used to support short term funding requirements, please find more details below and kindly reach out to me ,if you are interested. Please call
Adeolu - 08165465626

Issuer
Mixta Real Estate PLC Series: 1&2
1. Tenor : 180 days
Discount( Upfront )- 13.0958%
Implied ( Backend) - 14%

2. Tenor: 270 days
Discount Rate/ Upfront interest: 13.5018%
Implied Yield/ Interest@ maturity: 15.00%
Offer Open Date: Monday, 20 January 2022
Offer Close Date: Friday, 28 January 2022
Issuer (Corporate) Rating: “A2” Short term by DataPro
“BBB-” Long term by DataPro
Minimum Subscription: N5 million

Mixta Africa is the real estate subsidiary of ARM Holding Company.

https://mixtafrica.com/
https://arm.com.ng

Don't miss this Investment opportunity.

Adeolu - 08165465626

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2022
jabolo:

I contacted Stanbic IBTC broker today and I was told no allocation has been done yet. I’ll contact them again before the end of the week.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2022
Nakedman:

I contacted Stanbic IBTC broker today and I was told no allocation has been done yet. I’ll contact them again before the end of the week.

Chill till the end of the month.

If you are on CSCS online, you only need to monitor your account and you don't need to contact your Stockbroker

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 7:08pm On Jan 26, 2022
What's the tbills' rate for today's auction
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oziens: 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hi Guru in the house,

Have few million buck which I committed to T.bills sometime last year and will be maturing soonest.

Pls your advice on best investment yield other than T.bills which was only 6.7%ROI.
Also, will appreciate if you could explain in details (simple terms) Money market fund investment, it's instrument of trade and how it work.

Lastly, with the rate of naira devaluation against dollars, is it appropriate to leave your idle fund in Naira and what is your take on US shares?

Many thanks.

emmasoft:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 5:26am On Jan 27, 2022
Kindly find below.
kisszhira:
What's the tbills' rate for today's auction

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:11am On Jan 27, 2022
Oziens:
Hi Guru in the house,

Have few million buck which I committed to T.bills sometime last year and will be maturing soonest.

Pls your advice on best investment yield other than T.bills which was only 6.7%ROI.
Also, will appreciate if you could explain in details (simple terms) Money market fund investment, it's instrument of trade and how it work.

Lastly, with the rate of naira devaluation against dollars, is it appropriate to leave your idle fund in Naira and what is your take on US shares?

Many thanks.

A very good alternative to Tbills is Money market fund.

Some reasons why I will prefer mmf are:

You can start MMF with much lower amount compare to tbills. With 1,000 you can start investing in Abacus MMF. The least for tbills is 100k.

When rate increases it will not affect already invested funds in tbills but it does with MMF

You can't top up with tbills. Top up is very possible with MMF even if you want daily top up.

Terminating before tenor expiration in tbills comes with penalties. For MMF after just 30 days exit is without penalties.

MMF has other instruments like commercial papers that contributes to its rate.

You can easily automate reinvestment of interest in MMF ie taking advantage of the power of compound interest.

It's the investor that determines MMF tenor hence you can hold MMF as long as you wish no restrictions, tbills particularly primary auction has fixed tenors 3 months, 6 months or 1 year.

Right now mmf rates is on the rise.

ABACUS MONEY MARKET FUND

Abacus money market fund as the name implies is a MMF

Principal underlying asset is treasury bills and commercial papers hence there is little or no risk at all. You can only lose money if the country no longer exist.

The interest is daily valued. It's currently 8.41% and it's upward looking base on economic realities right now. Interest can't be fixed because of market forces on Tbills but be rest assured there will always be interest and your capital is guaranteed.

If you are conservative with low risk appetite then Abacus mmf is best for you.

You earn interest daily but it's paid every quarter on the first day of the next quarter ie Jan 1st, April 1st, July 1st, Oct. 1st. You can also give instruction for your interest to be reinvested (compounding) which will be done automatically on those days as mentioned earlier. The one for last quarter was done 1st January

Your capital and interest is guaranteed.

minimum holding period is 30days and initial deposit from 1,000.

Parties to the fund:

Fund manager - investment one
Trustees: United capital trustees ltd.
custodian: citibank
regulator: SEC

You can do everything online- register and monitor your account.

Depositing money is not restricted it can be any amount from 1,000 and at any interval without a specific pattern.
Whenever you invest in the fund, your interest is prorated to cover the period of your investment before the payment date.
That means if you register and invest say 27th January 2022 you will be paid interest for 27th to 31st of March on 1st April for that period and continues till another payment date.

You can invest in Abacus money market fund with the current rate of 8.41%

To open account, click on the link on my signature. KYC requirements for online registration are:
Passport photo
Utility bill not older than 3 months,
ID card
your signature
you can also reach me with the phone number on my signature.

US stocks is not a bad idea but your risk tolerance level is very important to consider when venturing into equity whether US or Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oziens: 10:39am On Jan 27, 2022
@emmasoft,thanks very much for for the detailed explanation. Perhaps, we talk more on phone and/or WhatsApp.

emmasoft:

A very good alternative to Tbills is Money market fund.

Some reasons why I will prefer mmf are:

You can start MMF with much lower amount compare to tbills. With 1,000 you can start investing in Abacus MMF. The least for tbills is 100k.

When rate increases it will not affect already invested funds in tbills but it does with MMF

You can't top up with tbills. Top up is very possible with MMF even if you want daily top up.

Terminating before tenor expiration in tbills comes with penalties. For MMF after just 30 days exit is without penalties.

MMF has other instruments like commercial papers that contributes to its rate.

You can easily automate reinvestment of interest in MMF ie taking advantage of the power of compound interest.

It's the investor that determines MMF tenor hence you can hold MMF as long as you wish no restrictions, tbills particularly primary auction has fixed tenors 3 months, 6 months or 1 year.

Right now mmf rates is on the rise.

ABACUS MONEY MARKET FUND

Abacus money market fund as the name implies is a MMF

Principal underlying asset is treasury bills and commercial papers hence there is little or no risk at all. You can only lose money if the country no longer exist.

The interest is daily valued. It's currently 8.41% and it's upward looking base on economic realities right now. Interest can't be fixed because of market forces on Tbills but be rest assured there will always be interest and your capital is guaranteed.

If you are conservative with low risk appetite then Abacus mmf is best for you.

You earn interest daily but it's paid every quarter on the first day of the next quarter ie Jan 1st, April 1st, July 1st, Oct. 1st. You can also give instruction for your interest to be reinvested (compounding) which will be done automatically on those days as mentioned earlier. The one for last quarter was done 1st January

Your capital and interest is guaranteed.

minimum holding period is 30days and initial deposit from 1,000.

Parties to the fund:

Fund manager - investment one
Trustees: United capital trustees ltd.
custodian: citibank
regulator: SEC

You can do everything online- register and monitor your account.

Depositing money is not restricted it can be any amount from 1,000 and at any interval without a specific pattern.
Whenever you invest in the fund, your interest is prorated to cover the period of your investment before the payment date.
That means if you register and invest say 27th January 2022 you will be paid interest for 27th to 31st of March on 1st April for that period and continues till another payment date.

You can invest in Abacus money market fund with the current rate of 8.41%

To open account, click on the link on my signature. KYC requirements for online registration are:
Passport photo
Utility bill not older than 3 months,
ID card
your signature
you can also reach me with the phone number on my signature.

US stocks is not a bad idea but your risk tolerance level is very important to consider when venturing into equity whether US or Nigeria.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 11:07pm On Jan 27, 2022
Been a while we had a long discussion in this thread
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
Yes, nobody wants to be attacked or called some funny names by some cartel members here, this thread will likely cast soon until we start to call a spade by it's name cool cool cool
Nezzjnr:
Been a while we had a long discussion in this thread

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: iykmora(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.