Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,149 members, 7,829,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2060) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4457885 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2057) (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freelancesafety(m): 11:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hello Everyone,

If you want to earn good money from the global foreign exchange market and have no knowledge or experience , you can make use of a trusted and reliable account manager with guaranteed profits daily and weekly, join this forex account manager via Telegram I have been using for months with very impressive results and guaranteed returns , @smart_fxtrader

Note: You will have 100% control of your trading accounts and funds, and can opt out anytime.

@smart_fxtrader
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 11:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
ojesymsym:
Another one bites the dust.
https://www.nairaland.com/6945604/segun-fayomi-plethora-farms-accused.

These 2 guys couldn't have put it any better. .
Chai shocked

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 6:21am On Jan 20, 2022
Personally, the yields offered are not attractive to me but they me be to you. I usually prefer to communicate the rates/yields (price) that is attractive to me which if accepted saves one the hassle of opening new accounts with other banks/brokers. Hence my earlier response/recommendation. Nevertheless, I would seek yields in the table plus at least 60 basis points at this time. Later in the year, being an election year and Nigeria's deficit requiring more borrowing, yields may increase.

YESSConsulting:
Thanks, but you did not seem to touch on my question and request.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 6:34am On Jan 20, 2022
Below is yesterdays bond auction result wink

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:37am On Jan 20, 2022
What's happening with mtn ipo? No update?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:32am On Jan 20, 2022
What I think you are looking for is only for those who have a subscription with CSCS. That way, you can see all shares from all your brokers in one place.
However, if you use just one broker, you can also ask them to send you your statement of account with them.
yinkaoke:

Thank you, this is for unclaimed divided l need the one that that spill out your name should you not remember where you invested.
Thanks so much

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jabolo(m): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2022
skydiver01:
Below is yesterdays bond auction result wink

This is very dubious. Our commonwealth being sacrificed to personal interest of 'rent collectors', no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
jabolo:

This is very dubious. Our commonwealth being sacrificed to personal interest of 'rent collectors', no doubt.

Please explain
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jabolo(m): 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Please explain

Marginal rate was 11.5% so fully subscribed.
Then bumped up to 12.5%, just like that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2022
jabolo:

Marginal rate was 11.5% so fully subscribed.
Then bumped up to 12.5%, just like that.

You don't understand the grammar.

It was a reopened bond. The rate for yesterday reopening is at a yield of 11.5% because it is a bond that will mature in 4 years time.

12.5% FGN bonds 2026, will still be used to describe the bond, that was the rate when the bond was introduced in 2016. But the current yield based on yesterday's bid is 11.5%

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jabolo(m): 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

You don't understand the grammar.

It was a reopened bond. The rate for yesterday reopening is at a yield of 11.5% because it is a bond that will mature in 4 years time.

12.5% FGN bonds 2026, will still be used to describe the bond, that was the rate when the bond was introduced in 2016. But the current yield based on yesterday's bid is 11.5%

Yes, my bad, just saw that was a re-opened bond so pricing will reflect the yield with coupon maintained. Thanks.

I'm on oversight overdrive on DMO weird pricing - comparing that new issue 20 year bond coupon to the 10 year Sukuk.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
proposed offer:
Issuer: TrustBanc Holdings Limited
Series: 5
Tenor: 180 days
Target Size: Up to ₦3.0bn
Discount Rate (%): 12.22%
Implied Yield (%): 13.00%
Offer Open Date: 20-Jan-22
Offer Close Date: 26-Jan-22
Indicative Allotment Date: 26-Jan-22
Use of proceeds: Short-term working capital requirements
Issuer Rating: “A-“ (DataPro)
Minimum Subscription: ₦5.0m

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by faoogoke(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2022
Please anyone with the idea of the average returns for stanbic ibtc bond and stanbic guaranteed investment fund?
The company don't flaunt the rates on their returns. Even when I did an email inquiry. I don't understand why.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: the bolded:

I think it is really a question of supply, demand and the size of the offer at any given time. The N250b Sukuk 10 year offer's marginal rate was increased to 13%, I believe, because of the size of the offer to be filled which was also extended by a day. Yesterday's auction was for a smaller size of N75b over 20 years. If the bond offer was N200b for example? Then the marginal rate would have been about c14-14.5% to fill it. This may suggest the DMO is attempting to bring down long-term borrowing costs/rates.

They may or may not be successful, since one key to achieving a reduction in long-dated FGN bond rates is to borrow less (reduce the amounts on offer) since there is currently a demand for longer-dated bonds e.g. at yesterday's auction, N214b was chasing N75b on offer (20yr) i.e., almost 3:1

If I were the DMO, I would have reduced the amount on offer rather than allot more than was offered (N89b) since amounts on offer are subject to change. But, hey, what do I know? The CBN and DMO have baffled me for years now e.g. the CBN sending 1yr TBill rates to 2% when inflation was 15%. Their reason? - to send the excess liquidity into the real economy... and then back up to 8% and then back down to c5.5% at the last auction. Suffice to say the bond markets responded accordingly wink

jabolo:

Yes, my bad, just saw that was a re-opened bond so pricing will reflect the yield with coupon maintained. Thanks.

I'm on oversight overdrive on DMO weird pricing - comparing that new issue 20 year bond coupon to the 10 year Sukuk.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2022
Dear House experts,

I received the bonds secondary market offers below.

I would kindly like to know which would be the most profitable to invest in assuming I have a capital of N5mill.

I still do not understand the relationship between yield and coupon rates.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jabolo(m): 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ojix85:
Dear House experts,

I would kindly like to know which would be the most profitable to invest in assuming I have a capital of N5mill.

Thanks in advance.

Focus on yield. That is what you are effectively earning on the bond - when the price you pay and the coupon you are due to collect over the rest of the bond term is taken into account.

Then, the remaining duration of the bond. How long do you want to tie up your money, while earning that yield.

These depend on your own investment stance and possible alternative uses for the fund, if any.

Personally, the 17-Mar-2027 (ie, 5 years remaining) bond, yielding 12.20 would be an acceptable compromise for my own circumstance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate.

jabolo:

Focus on yield. That is what you are effectively earning on the bond - when the price you pay and the coupon you are due to collect over the rest of the bond term is taken into account.

Then, the remaining duration of the bond. How long do you want to tie up your money, while earning that yield.

These depend on your own investment stance and possible alternative uses for the fund, if any.

Personally, the 17-Mar-2027 (ie, 5 years remaining) bond, yielding 12.20 would be an acceptable compromise for my own circumstance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 7:26am On Jan 23, 2022
Meanwhile, Bitcoin is down ~50% over the last 3 months. Russia announced a few days ago that it intends to ban cryptocurrencies (trading and mining) like China and India who have banned cryptocurrencies resulting in Bitcoin falling from ~$68k in November 2021 to currently ~$35k. Ouch... I imagine the party will truly be over when Europe implements its intention to ban them all. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 7:40am On Jan 23, 2022
skydiver01:
Meanwhile, Bitcoin is down ~50% over the last 3 months. Russia announced a few days ago that it intends to ban cryptocurrencies (trading and mining) like China and India who have banned cryptocurrencies resulting in Bitcoin falling from ~$68k in November 2021 to currently ~$35k. Ouch... I imagine the party will truly be over when Europe implements its intention to ban them all. cry cry cry
Chai, sadly millions of people's huge investment in cryptocurrencies will be nosediving to the SAHARA DESERT shocked

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
skydiver01:

Some people still believe is the right time to buy, I inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2022
please which bank sent this??
Ojix85:
Dear House experts,

Thanks in advance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2022
Excellent & Good luck with your purchases. Also please do make sure you use platforms or companies that will not disappear with your acquired Bitcoins just like many have done recently. cry cry cry

Foodempire:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Chai, sadly millions of people's huge investment in cryptocurrencies will be nosediving to the SAHARA DESERT shocked

No big deal if they are diversified

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
Foodempire:

Be greedy when others are fearful, you should be smiling in 36 months time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

No big deal if they are diversified
sad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 8:38pm On Jan 23, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

It has always been there when you need loan and you don't have a good job in reputable companies or good collateral.

They share information with utility companies, estate management firms, your children's school etc.

Wasn't aware of it'sexistence... hopefully, they can enlarge it to incorporate it to include more Nigerians using the bvn or national ID. That way, people would be incentivised to have a good credit history.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 11:46am On Jan 24, 2022
Got this listing from a stock broker.

Akerewe:
please which bank sent this??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
jedisco:

Wasn't aware of it'sexistence... hopefully, they can enlarge it to incorporate it to include more Nigerians using the bvn or national ID. That way, people would be incentivised to have a good credit history.

They run credit check on customers based on the information supplied in your loan application form
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ojix85:
Got this listing from a stock broker.

Yes I know, which firm stockbroker!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cutedharmee: 3:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
Good afternoon everyone
A quick one pls:- i need to liquidate part of my TB investment to reach maturity by March but I was told its not possible to get part of the payment except i liquidate all. Pls how true is this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
cutedharmee:
Good afternoon everyone
A quick one pls:- i need to liquidate part of my TB investment to reach maturity by March but I was told its not possible to get part of the payment except i liquidate all. Pls how true is this

Nothing like part liquidation.

You can have partial liquidation of your money market fund Investment but it is not possible with Treasury Bills
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cutedharmee: 4:51pm On Jan 24, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Nothing like part liquidation.

You can have partial liquidation of your money market fund Investment but it is not possible with Treasury Bills
Oooh...it's oowkay sir. Now I get

(1) (2) (3) ... (2057) (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: maziemeka2024, Ogeneigbo1, Manutd19 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.