Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447072 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
XiaoLi:
Yes, nobody wants to be attacked or called some funny names by some cartel members here cool cool cool
As long as it doesn't affect you or it doesn't portray what you are in real life... It shouldn't bother the person
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2022
And that is what is going to kill this thread, I went to a particular thread and saw how people are closing deals, sharing what they have achieved in life in a way to motivate others without anybody calling anybody names (this thread was like that few years ago) the dubious ones are called out and reminder posted everyday about them so that newbies can be aware, that's maturity and that's how progressive minds roll grin grin grin grin grin!!
Nezzjnr:

As long as it doesn't affect you or it doesn't portray what you are in real life... It shouldn't bother the person
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 11:19pm On Jan 27, 2022
XiaoLi:
And that is what is going to kill this thread, I went to a particular thread and saw how people are closing deals, sharing what they have achieved in life in a way to motivate others without anybody calling anybody names (this thread was like that few years ago) the dubious ones are called out and reminder posted everyday about them so that newbies can be aware, that's maturity and that's how progressive minds roll grin grin grin grin grin!!
That should be the property section ryt

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Munamoqel: 7:01am On Jan 28, 2022
XiaoLi:
when miscrants and persons hustling bus load of other miscrants to BBN voting centres arrive the thread what do you expect ? It's like street urchins from ijora badia moving in Mass to Parkview estate and you still expect orderliness !no way they must be shit and pee on the garden and lawns.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Munamoqel: 7:04am On Jan 28, 2022
Nezzjnr:

That should be the property section ryt
please don't suggest the thread before a bus load of BBN miscrants arrive the thread lead by their nairaland hopeless leader .

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 7:10am On Jan 28, 2022
Munamoqel:
please don't suggest the thread before a bus load of BBN miscrants arrive the thread lead by their nairaland hopeless leader .
cheesy cheesy

Property section is more brutal oo... Attack them and they'll come for you in droves cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 5:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nezzjnr:

cheesy cheesy

Property section is more brutal oo... Attack them and they'll come for you in droves cheesy
Link to the thread if you don't mind.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 7:53am On Jan 29, 2022
Was wondering about d safety of my investments. Are treasury bill, bonds, stock, bank accounts etc really safe?

Given that the information tying me to my investments are now warehoused electronically, at least most of them. What happens if their is a system wide failure? Becoming wretched over night, lol.

For example, a very large electromagnetic pulse can wipe electronic data on a massive scale. Events like nuclear war (USA vs Russia unrests or even North Korea vs World), solar flare from outer space...

Really scary stuff.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2022
cool

ositadima1:
Was wondering about d safety of my investments. Are treasury bill, bonds, stock, bank accounts etc really safe?

Given that the information tying me to my investments are now warehoused electronically, at least most of them. What happens if their is a system wide failure? Becoming wretched over night, lol.

For example, a very large electromagnetic pulse can wipe electronic data on a massive scale. Events like nuclear war (USA vs Russia unrests or even North Korea vs World), solar flare from outer space...

Really scary stuff.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 10:17am On Jan 30, 2022
@emmanuelewumi and other gurus.

Please is it still advisable to convert your naira to dollar or pounds now?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JavaSQL: 9:18am On Feb 01, 2022
Good day,
Is it normal for a matured Bond bullet payment to be delayed by the bank, the bank said it is CSCS that will pay and it may take more than a week for it to drop?

emmanuelewumi:

Do you have a link to the details of the allotment?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:39am On Feb 01, 2022
JavaSQL:
Good day,
Is it normal for a matured Bond bullet payment to be delayed by the bank, the bank said it is CSCS that will pay and it may take more than a week for it to drop?

It is paid by CBN. You will get your fund
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Chill till the end of the month.

If you are on CSCS online, you only need to monitor your account and you don't need to contact your Stockbroker

Finally I got confirmation on my allocation for the sukuk 4 bond

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FEGEITOK: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2022
FYI

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hello house.

Pls I have a treasury bills maturing in may but I need part of the invested funds urgently. How do I go about it and what is the Implication.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2022
FEGEITOK:
FYI

Good development. We need more taxes, why?

A lot of Nigerians care less about the selection and running of the government. With the increasing taxation and hardship hopefully Nigerians will become more involved.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by faoogoke(m): 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
Nakedman:

Got mine too!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cutedharmee: 8:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
exclusiveoloori:
Hello house.

Pls I have a treasury bills maturing in may but I need part of the invested funds urgently. How do I go about it and what is the Implication.
Walk into your bank and go to the customer care. Inform them of your intention and they'll tell you to write to the manager for fund liquidation. You'll get your money within 2days. Just that you won't be given the complete capital. I did dat of recent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohzus: 9:14pm On Feb 02, 2022
That's my oga wey want invest for Palm tree , how u go take do this one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:42am On Feb 03, 2022
Nakedman:

When I went to stanbic, the guy insisted I input my cscs and I did want to input cscs because my previous sukuk, I didn't submit cscs.

So should I check my cscs if I have been allotted or how do I know
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 9:24am On Feb 03, 2022
just2endowed:

So should I check my cscs if I have been allotted or how do I know

Yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by highcurrent: 11:16am On Feb 03, 2022
How long does it take fund deposited to show on the investnow dashboard??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FEGEITOK: 1:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
ositadima1:

Good development. We need more taxes, why?

A lot of Nigerians care less about the selection and running of the government. With the increasing taxation and hardship hopefully Nigerians will become more involved.

Issue discussed here: https://twitter.com/FinPlanKaluAja1/status/1488949634240110593

Both sides of the equation, interesting, follow if you can

To tax or not to tax

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2022
mymadam:

Yes
I did not input my CSCS on sukuk3 but i was instructed to add it on sukuk4 so, how will i check mine ?
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Allboiz: 6:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
highcurrent:
How long does it take fund deposited to show on the investnow dashboard??

3 working days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by highcurrent: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
Allboiz:

3 working days
ok. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oludy: 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2022
mymadam:

Yes

You could also try sending a mail to ask. I just did and got my allotment letter sent.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 7:36am On Feb 05, 2022
skydiver01:
Meanwhile, Bitc0in is down ~50% over the last 3 months. Russia announced a few days ago that it intends to ban crypt0currencies (trading and mining) like China and India who have banned crypt0currencies resulting in Bitc0in falling from ~$68k in November 2021 to currently ~$35k. Ouch... I imagine the party will truly be over when Europe implements its intention to ban them all. cry cry cry

The last selloff wasn't due to a supposed Russian ban (which never happened). It was more due to response to macroeconomic policies by the us govt to fight inflation. Effect can be seen across most global markets. Russia is actively working towards a framework to help bitc0in miners operate in their country. Bitc0in has been made legal in India. Western nations are fine-tuning regulations around bitc0in so that folks who own them can pay taxes and institutions can offer them as products. Already, an increasing number of western banks now allow folks to buy bitc0in in app.

If I put 1k away anytime someone predicted bitc0in will go to zero, by now I'd have over a million in that box.

This is the bitc0in returned ROI over the past 10 years, for a market moving that quick, volatility is bound to occur. And guess what? That volatility is what many see and new opportunity and why some of us are in crypt0

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 7:40am On Feb 05, 2022
I consciously stayed off discussions on this pullback here as I didn't want to go repeating most of what I said in late May last year. At that time we had multiple threads on fp on how bitc0in wrecked folks, same also here mostly by those who didn't own bitc0in. I said something then and I'd repeat it now,

At 30k usd, the way I see buying bitc0in as a Nigerian is simple. If I buy 0.5 bitc0in for about 10 million naira, I can put that bitc0in in a savings account and earn interest of between 5-8% apr on it.

Add that to the fact that devaluation of the naira has been ongoing. If the naira devalues at 10% per annum against the dollar (as has been the case) and the value of bitc0in remains same, then thats about 16% per annum on my bitc0in naira value.

Finally, if within the next four years, bitc0in sells for 70kusd (an extremely modest estimate), I can decide to liquidate my holdings for a handsome profit.

Same will hold true whether bitc0in goes to 20k usd tomorrow or not. To me, the risk comes with not owning bitc0in

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2022
Using your graph, its seems it has a 4 year cycle. If that pattern is correct then there should be a pull back or loss in value this year. Right?
jedisco:

The last selloff wasn't due to a supposed Russian ban (which never happened). It was more due to response to macroeconomic policies by the us govt to fight inflation. Effect can be seen across most global markets. Russia is actively working towards a framework to help bitc0in miners operate in their country. Bitc0in has been made legal in India. Western nations are fine-tuning regulations around bitc0in so that folks who own them can pay taxes and institutions can offer them as products. Already, an increasing number of western banks now allow folks to buy bitc0in in app.

If I put 1k away anytime someone predicted bitc0in will go to zero, by now I'd have over a million in that box.

This is the bitc0in returned ROI over the past 10 years, for a market moving that quick, volatility is bound to occur. And guess what? That volatility is what many see and new opportunity and why some of us are in crypt0
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 9:26am On Feb 05, 2022
All valid points. That is what some investing is about - taking risks with the objective of making money. One concern I have is not bitcoin as an asset class but the vulnerability of bitcoin/crypto wallets to theft. Plus I still suspect most global central banks will not allow any crypto asset to be used as an alternative to their currencies as a means of payment. As such, I expect cryptos will fade out in the coming years following more regulation. Right now and up till now its been a cowboys markets. India & China have banned cryptos and I expect more large countries will follow. Nevertheless, I wish all investors great fortunes from whichever assets they to invest in.

jedisco:
I consciously stayed off discussions on this pullback here as I didn't want to go repeating most of what I said in late May last year. At that time we had multiple threads on fp on how bitc0in wrecked folks, same also here mostly by those who didn't own bitc0in. I said something then and I'd repeat it now,

At 30k usd, the way I see buying bitc0in as a Nigerian is simple. If I buy 0.5 bitc0in for about 10 million naira, I can put that bitc0in in a savings account and earn interes of between 5-8% apr on it.

Add that to the fact that devaluation of the naira has been ongoing. If the naira devalues at 10% per annum against the dollar (as has been the case) and the value of bitc0in remains same, then thats about 16% per annum on my bitc0in naira value.

Finally, if within the next four years, bitc0in sells for 70kusd (an extremely modest estimate), I can decide to liquidate my holdings for a handsome profit.

Same will hold true whether bitc0in goes to 20k usd tomorrow or not. To me, the risk comes with not owning bitc0in
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:17am On Feb 05, 2022
ojesymsym:
Using your graph, its seems it has a 4 year cycle. If that pattern is correct then there should be a pull back or loss in value this year. Right?

The approximate 4 year decline is due to the issuance of new bitc0in being halved in an approximate 4 year pattern. With a rising global demand and falling supply, this makes bitc0in deflationary hence the rallies result in that pattern.

Of course this pattern wouldn't continue forever and last year has shown that. The last rally was not as intense as most had projected. Also, there are an increasing number of institutions in the space who invest wisely and an increasing number of retail folks have gone past the stage of wondering if crypt0 will go to zero or not and are investing with a longer time frame hence are willing to hold through dips.

In summary, so far, there has been not been an intense rally to warrant the kind of 4yrly decline we say in the past. But irrespective of what happens over the next year, the important thing is that bitc0in will generally trend up with time

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.