Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4435482 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
Oil is $150, but seems another dollar squeeze is imminent.

https://www.nairaland.com/7022396/zenith-bank-suspends-international-atm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2022
Labadi69:

The young cannot grow by investing 5k in Bonds to make 1k after three years with all this inflation wey we dey hear up and dan. That is stupidity. If you have only 5k free cash, better to flex that money and hope for better tomorrow o angry
Man you are so funny, I couldn't help my laughing out loud reading the bolded. Pa Emma was trying to explain that saving 5K consistently by buying bond can make you be financially stable over a long period of time. Example, assuming you are 20 years old, buying 5k bond weekly or monthly till you are 40 years old will likely give lump some to buy land, build mini flat, marry wife, marry second wife and care for other expenses. The keywords here is CONSISTENCY.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2022
petaling:

Man you are so funny, I couldn't help my laughing out loud reading the bolded. Pa Emma was trying to explain that saving 5K consistently by buying bond can make you be financially stable over a long period of time. Example, assuming you are 20 years old, buying 5k bond weekly or monthly till you are 40 years old will likely give lump some to buy land, build mini flat, marry wife, marry second wife and care for other expenses. The keywords here is CONSISTENCY.

My dear it's not possible!
5k per month for 1yr is 60k.
For 20yr, it's 1.2m

By that 20yrs, the minimum currency will be 10k note. Hence 10k can only buy what 50 naira which is the minimum currency now can buy. I know you may be thinking of the WHAT ABOUT THE INTEREST but it can not equal the main capital.

Naira would have depreciated by 200%.
You then 1.2m will be equivalent to 6k now,,,,(any way you still have something).

If not for the ban of crypto, the best investment would have been to buy usdt from binance at 7% per annum. Even though the interest is low but inflation will not affect it much since the money will be in dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohzus: 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2022
Rizin:

For 20yr, it's 1

You then 1.2m will be equivalent to 6k now,,,,(any way you still have something)

Compounding factored in ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
Mohzus:

Compounding factored in ?

Even if u compound it, the interest is so small that it can not be equally to 3 time the main money which will be equivalent to 18k now.

If some one had told you that about 20 yrs ago, precisely in 1999 when we accepted democracy, a dollar was about 20 naira. And popcorn was sold for 50 Kobo. Now a dollar is about 600 naira and a popcorn is 100 naira. This is about 200 times increase and also 20000%.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamachi(f): 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
Rizin:

For 20yr, it's 1.2m

By that 20yrs, the minimum currency will be 10k note. Hence 10k can only buy what 50 naira which is the minimum currency now can buy. I know you may be thinking of the WHAT ABOUT THE INTEREST but it can not equal the main capital.

You then 1.2m will be equivalent to 6k now,,,,(any way you still have something).

If not for the ban of crypto, the best investment would have been to buy usdt from binance at 7% per annum. Even though the interest is low but inflation will not affect it much since the money will be in dollars.

Stop misleading the public, crypto is not banned. CBN banned financial institution ONLY. You can join m y c r y p t o n g on telegram
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 1:31am On Mar 10, 2022
So happy we had contributions as before. For that dude that still dont understand why we are here cum investment.
We invest because we want to add value, S.I. equals product of R, T and P. So whatever you get depends on P you brought to the table. Growth is increase in anything so therefore, a man with 5k that wishes to grow that 5k will invest it and gain higher amount but like he suggested, u can "wack" it.
The boss tried educating us on the idea of consistency. I started with 2m, at 10% that would be 200 and also inconsequential but my people, today its not 200 any more, dont bother about what it has become but its not 200. For low income earners, consistency of investment that minute part of your salary monthly will definitely give you an edge at retirement.

The worst thing in life is stagnation. Let's encourage one another.
I dont want this thread to die as I owe this thread all the advancement I have achieved.

Thanks all, respect.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 2:30am On Mar 10, 2022
RayRay06677:
[s]So happy we had contributions as before. For that dude that still dont understand why we are here cum investment.
We invest because we want to add value, S.I. equals product of R, T and P. So whatever you get depends on P you brought to the table. Growth is increase in anything so therefore, a man with 5k that wishes to grow that 5k will invest it and gain higher amount but like he suggested, u can "wack" it. [/s]

[s]The boss tried educating us on the idea of consistency. I started with 2m, at 10% that would be 200 and also inconsequential but my people, today its not 200 any more, dont bother about what it has become but its not 200. For low income earners, consistency of investment that minute part of your salary monthly will definitely give you an edge at retirement.

The worst thing in life is stagnation. Let's encourage one another.
I dont want this thread to die as I owe this thread all the advancement I have achieved.

Thanks all, respect[/s].

Yamayama nack your oily bald head for this rubbish wey you just type.
You are getting 10% from Nigeria gov while currency dey devalue faster and you think you are making progress with FGN instruments? You are daft angry

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 4:24am On Mar 10, 2022
Hamachi:
Stop misleading the public, crypto is not banned. CBN banned financial institution ONLY. You can join m y c r y p t o n g on telegram

Baba telegram I hail ooo! Ndi crypto telegram.

Currently u are running ur crypto company on telegram, is it not enough to raise suspicion that it's not legit?

How can you compare buying dollar at about 400 naira official price to buying it now for about 580 naira black market.

Also once there is traces of crypto currency to ur bank act, ur act will be blocked.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 10, 2022
Labadi69:

You are getting 10% from Nigeria gov while currency dey devalue faster and you think you are making progress with FGN instruments? You are daft angry

This is not necessary

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2022
Labadi69:

Bless you son, who is wiser, the one that gets 10% despite 15% inflation or the one with krowkrow balls chopping everything he has?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Samson1104(m): 8:22am On Mar 10, 2022
RayRay06677:

Bless you son, who is wiser, the one that gets 10% despite 15% inflation or the one with krowkrow balls chopping everything he has?

Chief, how do I buy the bond?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 8:32am On Mar 10, 2022
RayRay06677:

Who be this man that continues to show his stupidity?. If given a choice today between locking in a measly 5k in FGN bond and consuming it today, any wise man will know it is better to consume it today and enjoy the full utilities. Only a daft old fool like you with yamayama brain cells will throw the 5k in FGN bonds and allow it to dissipate with inflation and devaluation. After 3 years in this useless country, your 5k is useless. Can’t even pay for one round with okpo. Mugu full here sha angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2022
Labadi69:

Who be this man that continues to show his stupidity?. Is FGN bond the only investment there is? If given a choice today between locking in a measly 5k in FGN bond and consuming it today, any wise man will know it is better to consume it today and enjoy the full utilities. Only a daft old fool with yamayama brain cells will throw the 5k in FGN bonds and allow it to dissipate with inflation and devaluation. After 3 years in this useless country, your 5k is useless. Can’t even pay for one round with okpo. Mugu full here sha angry

Whoever did this to you really frustrated u honestly.
U sounded like someone whose life has been dented despite struggling to make sense yet the frustration keeps surfacing.
Baba,park some-where and take inventory of your life,as time is going before u will commit suicide without u knowing.

And to those listening to this frustrated agbero,ignore his ranting,we have met more sophisticated idiots here before him,but soon he will definitely fizzle out like others.

For investing,start with whatever amount u have and as time goes on,u will compound and make some cash equivalent with your expectations. I know how much I started with in 2012 and today,I know how much i have realised so far.
Don't mind critics like this,his likes have nothing reasonable or sensible to offer. The only thing that he says is"yamayama" which helps to explain where he is coming out from.

In conclusion,this guy is frustrated and bittered.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2022
ibechris:

Whoever did this to you really frustrated u honestly.
U sounded like someone whose life has been dented despite struggling to make sense yet the frustration keeps surfacing.
Baba,park someone where and take inventory of your life,as time is going before u will commit suicide without u knowing.

And to those listening to thjs frustrated agbero,ignore his ranting,we have met more sophisticated idiots here before him,but soon he will definitely fizzle out like others.

For investing,start with whatever amount u have and as time goes on,u will compound and make some cash equivalent with your expectations. I know how much I started with in 2012 and today,I know how much i have realised so far.
Don't mind critics like this,his likes have nothing reasonable or sensible to offer. The only thing that he says is"yamayama" which helps to explain where he is coming out from.

In conclusion,this guy is frustrated and bittered.

See another frustrated old eediot. May yamayama fall on that your empty big head by midnight tonight. Foolish people that think they are gaining by investing in the useless securities of this hopeless shithole should convert their gains to usd and only then will they realize they live in fools’ paradise.

Na your type dey brag say una get millions for account because million sound like money for your foolish head. Million Naira wey no reach 2k dollars lol. Your currency is fast depreciating and inflation is driving prices so high and you think you are making money with ten percent interest rate. Talk more of investing a measly 5k wey you fit use to feel fine with one correct okpo today. What a bunch of idiots we have here angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Can we ignore him and move on, thanks

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
RayRay06677:
Can we ignore him and move on, thanks

Can who ignore who? Who are you to say who should be listened to and who should be ignored? I notice that about this thread. A few people feel they are the landlords and should decide who should talk and who should be cancelled. May very strong yamayama nack your shiny bald head morning afternoon and night angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JavaSQL: 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
I was just thinking about this in the last few days, investing in FGN Bonds to gain 10% that is if they pay immediately upon maturity otherwise it will be 9.smthn% that is if held till maturity meanwhile the new govt, that will enter must surely devalue say by 15 percent for the next 3 years of the bond's tenure.
Buhari has already devalued by 35 percent from 2020 till now.

Keeping the funds idle will be worse off, in my opinion, it's better to invest in something stable or something will at least 50 percent appreciation over the next 3 years.
Any ideas?

Labadi69:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JavaSQL: 2:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
I don't think anyone in their right mind would invest N5K in bonds, just printing the forms already cost N500 per page in some locations, internet N3500 per month.

For N5K investors, better use it buy one carton of Hero.

Anything less than N50K I would suggest buying USDT Crypto, N50k and above try buy dollar at N430, Naira will never go below that in the history of mankind.

N10 million and above, property in a developed area will surely payoff.

Labadi69:

For someone with large funds, you can’t keep it idle or blow it na but for someone with only 5k?? Isn’t that madness to put it in bonds? I repeat if you have 5k, you are poor. Just enjoy that money today. Feel fine and gain the full utility. Keep it in bonds and after years of devaluation, that money is completely useless in this shithole angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 2:13am On Mar 11, 2022
JavaSQL:
I don't think anyone in their right mind would invest N5K in bonds, just printing the forms already cost N500 per page in some locations, internet N3500 per month.

For N5K investors, better use it buy one carton of Hero.

Anything less than N50K I would suggest buying USDT Crypto, N50k and above try buy dollar at N430, Naira will never go below that in the history of mankind.

N10 million and above, property in a developed area will surely payoff.

Buy dollar 430 from where

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohzus: 10:16am On Mar 11, 2022
JavaSQL:

Keeping the funds idle will be worse off, in my opinion, it's better to invest in something stable or something will at least 50 percent appreciation over the next 3 years.
Any ideas?

50% in 3 years embarassed embarassed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamachi(f): 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
Rizin:

Baba telegram I hail ooo! Ndi crypto telegram.

Currently u are running ur crypto company on telegram, is it not enough to raise suspicion that it's not legit?

How can you compare buying dollar at about 400 naira official price to buying it now for about 580 naira black market.

Also once there is traces of crypto currency to ur bank act, ur act will be blocked.
Thank you for the advice
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JavaSQL: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
There are so many ways, it costs me money to find two working ways, unfortunately I can't spill it on a public forum or even in private cos what works for me won't work for others.

All I will say is look deep and keep doing feasibility studies. I can't put any Naira into anything less than 15 percent a year, the ones I'm doing now gives me at least that minimum within weeks. Everybody keeps learning, devaluation has done me strong thing, some people will never fully understand as classroom don't really teach these things.

The FGN rates are very tempting and hard to ignore but in a dwindling economy hmmm.

chigo4u:

Buy dollar 430 from where
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JavaSQL: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
Yes very possible, some people here that bought FGN bonds sometime at the primary market with maturity up till 2037 are enjoying over 16.5% coupon, that's approx 50 percent interest in 3 years.

Mohzus:

50% in 3 years embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohzus: 6:42pm On Mar 11, 2022
JavaSQL:
There are so many ways, it costs me money to find two working ways, unfortunately I can't spill it on a public forum or even in private cos what works for me won't work for others.The FGN rates are very tempting and hard to ignore but in a dwindling economy hmmm.

Brozay, What about the cards you use for the transactions as not all bank card go thru or u source for cards outside to be able to make good gains ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
JavaSQL:
There are so many ways, it costs me money to find two working ways, unfortunately I can't spill it on a public forum or even in private cos what works for me won't work for others.

All I will say is look deep and keep doing feasibility studies. I can't put any Naira into anything less than 15 percent a year, the ones I'm doing now gives me at least that minimum within weeks. Everybody keeps learning, devaluation has done me strong thing, some people will never fully understand as classroom don't really teach these things.

The FGN rates are very tempting and hard to ignore but in a dwindling economy hmmm.

Oga it’s impossible to buy dollar at 430 unless stolen. Do you realize Access bank online rate for online transactions is 550
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohzus: 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2022
chigo4u:

Oga it’s impossible to buy dollar at 430 unless stolen. Do you realize Access bank online rate for online transactions is 550

Possible with crypto thru decentralized exchanges
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 11:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 11:28pm On Mar 11, 2022
Mohzus:

Possible with crypto thru decentralized exchanges

Not possible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: realking(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.