Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,767 members, 7,820,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447194 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jbn11(m): 1:54am On Mar 12, 2022
Who will help me with fund to start my business?

I will remain loyal and respecful.
Am losing hope my dream is dying down
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 3:34am On Mar 12, 2022
Lot has been said about devaluation and many people compare the naira to the dollar. This gives an illusion of the dollar being a fixed value asset which is false.

The dollar is also a moving target that has been devalued over time. The only thing is that the dollar is one of the better performing currencies.. For example, the exchange between usd and gbp was 2 usd to 1gbp in 2007. By 2010, it was 1.7 and currently sits at about 1.3.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 3:56am On Mar 12, 2022
Regarding the naira, taking a step back might give a better picture...

The average dollar devaluation has averaged 10% per annum since 1973... Sadly, thats less than similar African nations.....

That means someone just holding the dollar would see their naira value increase by about 10% every year.... that's worrying and means the nation is not getting some basics right

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 4:05am On Mar 12, 2022
Recently, banks have cut down the international spending limit on their ATMs to between 20 and 50usd per month... This usually means there is some forex scarcity and if history is anything to go by, it foreshadows further devaluation..... already, the market rate has crept up from 570 to 580 over the past few weeks

What's going on in Nigeria is sad cos the populce are being made poorer by the day simply because of nonsensical policies by the government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohzus: 7:05am On Mar 12, 2022
chigo4u:

Not possible

It is bro but quite stressful due to getting cards that'll go thru ... That's why some time back a nairalander was offering 5k if youve got a zenith MasterCard
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 8:40am On Mar 12, 2022
Jbn11:

Ask your pastor neighbors colleagues at work and siblings

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:17am On Mar 12, 2022
jedisco:
Recently, banks have cut down the international spending limit on their ATMs to between 20 and 50usd per month... This usually means there is some forex scarcity and if history is anything to go by, it foreshadows further devaluation.....

What's going on in Nigeria is sad cos the populce are being made poorer by the day simply because of nonsensical policies by the government

Though I agree some policies are wack, the Nigerian problem appears to be systemwide. From the weak and in most cases non existent public institutions(here I don't mean schools) down to our values as individuals.

The people in power are nothing more than a subset of our population. Change them and I can assure you that d situation wouldn't be much different.

In my opinion, schools and the media have a lot of work to do. We need to update our values.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 11:37am On Mar 12, 2022
Mohzus:

It is bro but quite stressful due to getting cards that'll go thru ... That's why some time back a nairalander was offering 5k if youve got a zenith MasterCard
Do you know access bank rate is now 550 and most banks limits right now is $20 @490
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 1:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jbn11:

Why you dey come here to beg strangers for funds for your business? Abi you think say people no get family members wey need help? Don’t you have family members? Money wey you sef know say you wan use to go carry okpo for brothel this night. You better give yourself brain before very strong yamayama nack that your sweating bald head this sunny afternoon angry

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
ositadima1:

Though I agree some policies are wack, the Nigerian problem appears to be systemwide. From the weak and in most cases non existent public institutions(here I don't mean schools) down to our values as individuals.

The people in power are nothing more than a subset of our population. Change them and I can assure you that d situation wouldn't be much different.

In my opinion, schools and the media have a lot of work to do. We need to update our values.

True... In the end, change has to begin from somewhere.
Just holding the dollar shouldn't mean 10% annual dividend in naira

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohzus: 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
chigo4u:

Do you know access bank rate is now 550 and most banks limits right now is $20 @490

Limit wise , that's the issues. That's the reason for the outsourcing of cards .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by plat0: 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
Mohzus:

Limit wise , that's the issues. That's the reason for the outsourcing of cards .
what platform is this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohzus: 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
plat0:
what platform is this?
Crypto
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2022
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 8:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hello guys
With the new dollar online spending limits with some banks can we say their might be another round of devaluation couple with the the oil n subsidy issues ?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
Sukuk 4 credited to CSCS accounts today

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

I have just checked my cscs account and my bond has not reflected. Should I be worried or tarry awhile?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:15am On Mar 15, 2022
keeper303:

I have just checked my cscs account and my bond has not reflected. Should I be worried or tarry awhile?

Do you have CSCS online
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:29am On Mar 15, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Yes, mine is reflecting in my CSCS online account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Do you have CSCS online

Yes.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 8:56am On Mar 16, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Do you have CSCS online

Bro

Any indication that naira will be further devalued or that it'll slump against the USD in the next few months?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cutedharmee: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2022
Labadi69:

Yamayama nack your oily bald head for this rubbish wey you just type.
You are getting 10% from Nigeria gov while currency dey devalue faster and you think you are making progress with FGN instruments? You are daft angry
You must be an idiot for all u wanna do is insult people on this thread always. What kind of foolish human being are u. Is it that there's nothing gud in dat ur dumb head to contribute to this thread rather than ur usual yamayama fall on ur bald head? You're just so annoying and disgusting at d same time. A fool at 40... embarassed embarassed embarassed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 12:49pm On Mar 16, 2022
cutedharmee:

You must be an idiot for all u wanna do is insult people on this thread always. What kind of foolish human being are u. Is it that there's nothing gud in dat ur dumb head to contribute to this thread rather than ur usual yamayama fall on ur bald head? You're just so annoying and disgusting at d same time. A fool at 40... embarassed embarassed embarassed

The guy is tired of this life and has no other reason but to express his frustration here and there. Leave him, I don't think he has ever been happy.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
March FGN Bond is next week.

@emmanuelewumi

Please is this a good deal? Considering the war in Ukraine and 2023 elections.

[img][/img]

From the part circled what is the interest rate?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 1:20pm On Mar 16, 2022
hustla:

Bro

Any indication that naira will be further devalued or that it'll slump against the USD in the next few months?

What more indication than banks pegging limits at $20 and rate at 550 for international spendings
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JavaSQL: 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2022
Imagine, a re-opening bond, why can't they let the initial bond and invested sum run and complete it's tenure if not greed? The terms are that the,13 percent you see may drop to 9 percent after settling initial creditors.

I have seen situations whereby an initial bond request was to borrow N150 billion but he turn out was massive and the FGN ended up borrowing N250 billion (This is disguised fraud) and no one is saying anything about it.

Now they want to bring back toll gates, giving money to Naija govt now looks like lavishing money on a girlfriend, when una break up and you ask her of all the loans she go tell you say you don chop am for kpekus.

Not discouraging you but beware !

Dum20:
March FGN Bond is next week.

@emmanuelewumi

Please is this a good deal? Considering the war in Ukraine and 2023 elections.

[img][/img]

From the part circled what is the interest rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2022
chigo4u:

What more indication than banks pegging limits at $20 and rate at 550 for international spendings

Omo, so laidis make man go change to USD?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2022
JavaSQL:
Imagine, a re-opening bond, why can't they let the initial bond and invested sum run and complete it's tenure if not greed? The terms are that the,13 percent you see may drop to 9 percent after settling initial creditors.

I have seen situations whereby an initial bond request was to borrow N150 billion but he turn out was massive and the FGN ended up borrowing N250 billion (This is disguised fraud) and no one is saying anything about it.

Now they want to bring back toll gates, giving money to Naija govt now looks like lavishing money on a girlfriend, when una break up and you ask her of all the loans she go tell you say you don chop am for kpekus.

Not discouraging you but beware !

Thank you bro.

Does it mean it is better to buy in the secondary market?

[img] [/img]

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 8:38am On Mar 17, 2022
No. It means it is better to invest in and enjoy the kpekus grin grin grin wink
Dum20:

Thank you bro.

Does it mean it is better to buy in the secondary market?

[img] [/img]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amakaDD(f): 11:29am On Mar 17, 2022
Hello folks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2022
amakaDD:
Hello folks

Hi
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
Please who has used SFS Fund, how reliable are they

Investment one's rates are now 7% but SFS Fund is 9%

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.