Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2072) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447682 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2022
ojesymsym:
I was almost beginning to believe that the dependency on oil will really end or reduce soon until this Russia Ukraine war started then I realized that the west is still very far from heavy reliance on fossil fuel. Even if they remove the vehicular need, there are many other areas that guzzle fossil fuel.

Fossil fuels are still far from dead.
The so-called alternative fuel for motor vehicles - electricity or hydrogen - still require fossil fuels to generate in most cases.
Solar and wind, with current technologies, do not form an appreciable part of most countries' energy mix. The UK for instance has gone far with wind, but on a good windy day it doesnt go much beyond 30% of generation. Still burning plenty of gas, many European countries are still burning coal, even.

Hence Putin's shakara.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kwarect wink
Cyberknight:

Fossil fuels are still far from dead.
The so-called alternative fuel for motor vehicles - electricity or hydrogen - still require fossil fuels to generate in most cases.
Solar and wind, with current technologies, do not form an appreciable part of most countries' energy mix. The UK for instance has gone far with wind, but on a good windy day it doesnt go much beyond 30% of generation. Still burning plenty of gas, many European countries are still burning coal, even.

Hence Putin's shakara.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
Good day house, pls I bought this below FGN BOND this January and intend to sell it off now to use d money urgently. Like how much should I b expecting after d liquidation.

2028 Feb FGN BOND

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
Good day house, pls I bought this below FGN BOND this January and intend to sell it off now to use d money urgently. Like how much should I b expecting after d liquidation.

2028 Feb FGN BOND
I bought 1.5m nd I collected this February coupon

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
Xiaoli, I dey Kampe cool cool

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
XiaoLi:
Xiaoli, I dey Kampe cool cool

Please what is the essence of this post

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 4:16am On Apr 08, 2022
Akerewe:

2028 Feb FGN BOND

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:19am On Apr 08, 2022
Akerewe:

2028 Feb FGN BOND

You didn't tell us the units bought.

You bought in January and you are planning to sell in April. Why, you should have just bought a 90 day Treasury Bill or Money Market Fund

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 10:05am On Apr 08, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

You didn't tell us the units bought.

You bought in January and you are planning to sell in April. Why, you should have just bought a 90 day Treasury Bill or Money Market Fund
Yes u r right OGA EMMA, I intend to borrow some money from WEMAALAT OR SOME OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS but 5hey r not ready to gv out loan hence, d LIQUIDATION. Thanks always Oga Emma, see the attached picture for all the details
1,218units

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:15am On Apr 08, 2022
Akerewe:

Yes u r right OGA EMMA, I intend to borrow some money from WEMAALAT OR SOME OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS but 5hey r not ready to gv out loan hence, d LIQUIDATION. Thanks always Oga Emma, see the attached picture for all the details
1,218units

Do you have shares and bonds? If yes, try

Meristem Finance

Orange One Finance

United capital

Multiply 1218 by the current price of the bond and calculate the coupon from the last payment date till now, you will have an idea of what to get
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 10:33am On Apr 08, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Do you have shares and bonds? If yes, try

Meristem Finance

Orange One Finance

United capital

Multiply 1218 by the current price of the bond and calculate the coupon from the last payment date till now, you will have an idea of what to get

Yes I have other bonds and sukuk also. I will try those financial institutions and give you feedback later.
Thanks always Oga Emma, I really appreciate!

Pls help me check d below if it's d current bond price for the highlighted line

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 1:39pm On Apr 09, 2022
Oga Emmanuelewumi God bless U immensely sir. The meristem pple called me nd I made reference to you and the guy promised to call me back on Monday to start the process. Pls sir, hope my bond is safe 100% with them since am not familiar with their authenticity.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
Akerewe:
Oga Emmanuelewumi God bless U immensely sir. The meristem pple called me nd I made reference to you and the guy promised to call me back on Monday to start the process. Pls sir, hope my bond is safe 100% with them since am not familiar with their authenticity.

Haba your investment is safe.

But to access a loan you have to move your Investments to Meristem.

How much are you looking at and what is the duration?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Haba your investment is safe.

But to access a loan you have to move your Investments to Meristem.

How much are you looking at and what is the duration?

Of course I will move it, I will follow up with d guy on Monday but I just want to be sure dey are good to deal with because I deal only with Stanbic and am hearing about meristem for the first time and moreover, will Stanbic agree to release my stock to them on time nd how fast is the transfer of stocks.
Although I saw them among the NSE & D.M.O regulated broaker but I just want to b sure they are 100% legit.

Am looking at 2.5m for 12 months for urgent property acquisition.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Allboiz: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2022
It seems I'm the only one using UC Plc here. Their platform (investnow) has been down for some days now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
Allboiz:
It seems I'm the only one using UC Plc here. Their platform (investnow) has been down for some days now

You are not alone..I use UCap too. Very true it has been down and event their website is displaying that it is under maintenance. I don't know why they didn't inform their customers about it. Not good....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:26am On Apr 10, 2022
Akerewe:

Of course I will move it, I will follow up with d guy on Monday but I just want to be sure dey are good to deal with because I deal only with Stanbic and am hearing about meristem for the first time and moreover, will Stanbic agree to release my stock to them on time nd how fast is the transfer of stocks.
Although I saw them among the NSE & D.M.O regulated broaker but I just want to b sure they are 100% legit.

Am looking at 2.5m for 12 months for urgent property acquisition.

Moving your investment will take about 2 weeks, your loan application would be approved within 72 hours.

I will advise you should have more than one Stockbroking accounts.

I use Stanbic IBTC Stockbroker, Meristem Securities, Investment One and FSDH Capital.

I actually moved my United Capital Stockbroking account to Meristem Securities.

You N2.5 million loan will fly provided your collateral is at least 150% of the value of the loan ie N3.75 million
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:31am On Apr 10, 2022
Allboiz:

It has been down since Wednesday, I think it should be resolved by Monday.

I tried to redeem my fund since 3am on Wednesday morning all to no avail.

It was my fund at FSDH Asset Management that came to the rescue on Friday evening

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by highcurrent: 8:48am On Apr 10, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

It has been down since Wednesday, I think it should be resolved by Monday.

I tried to redeem my fund since 3am on Wednesday morning all to no avail.

It was my fund at FSDH Asset Management that came to the rescue on Friday evening
Sir, do one has to email them on the reinvestment of interest in their MMF? I thought it is automated...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:03am On Apr 10, 2022
highcurrent:
Sir, do one has to email them on the reinvestment of interest in their MMF? I thought it is automated...

You have to request for it to be reinvested

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Allboiz: 10:20am On Apr 10, 2022
freeman67:

You are not alone..I use UCap too. Very true it has been down and event their website is displaying that it is under maintenance. I don't know why they didn't inform their customers about it. Not good....

Very bad. They should have sent a notification message to all customers.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Moving your investment will take about 2 weeks, your loan application would be approved within 72 hours.

I use Stanbic IBTC Stockbroker, Meristem Securities, Investment One and FSDH Capital.

You N2.5 million loan will fly provided your collateral is at least 150% of the value of the loan ie N3.75 million
Thanks for the insight Boss, I really appreciate. I will start the process tomorrow nd feed u back accordingly but seems this meristem guy doesn't want to go with sukuk, he was referencing to share nd the likes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by highcurrent: 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

You have to request for it to be reinvested
Alright. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Allboiz: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2022
UCap Plc is back
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Allboiz: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2022
freeman67:

Please who bear charges when you're withdraw from your Eurobond account?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cucumbar: 8:38am On Apr 11, 2022
Please, when is the next sukuk bond coming out?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2022
Allboiz:

Please who bear charges when you're withdraw from your Eurobond account?

I have not withdrawn from it before so I can't say exactly but as it is with banks and investment houses, charges where available are most times borne by customers.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ogs Emma, weldone sir, pls I need insight on the modes of calculating their interest @ meristem. Like how much should I b looking at paying as interest on 2.5m per annum?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Allboiz: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2022
freeman67:

I have not withdrawn from it before so I can't say exactly but as it is with banks and investment houses, charges where available are most times borne by customers.

Okay... Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2022
highcurrent:
Alright. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Ogs Emma, weldone sir, pls I need insight on the modes of calculating their interest @ meristem. Like how much should I b looking at paying as interest on 2.5m per annum?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2022
Akerewe:

Processing and management fees of 2% and interest rate of 18% per annum compounded every month.

For N2.5 million the processing fees is N50,000 while the interest is N450,000.

Meaning about N37,500 interest per month, if you choose to service only the interest and pay back the loan of N2.5 million as a lump sum at maturity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.