Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4438391 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Processing and management fees of 2% and interest rate of 18% per annum compounded every month.

For N2.5 million the processing fees is N50,000 while the interest is N450,000.

Meaning about N37,500 interest per month, if you choose to service only the interest and pay back the loan of N2.5 million as a lump sum at maturity.

If you have a steady income and you want to amortize the loan over 12 months, paying back both the interest and principal you will pay about N229,200 per month making a total payment of about N2,750,000

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Processing and management fees of 2% and interest rate of 18% per annum compounded every month.

For N2.5 million the processing fees is N50,000 while the interest is N450,000.

Meaning about N37,500 interest per month, if you choose to service only the interest and pay back the loan of N2.5 million as a lump sum at maturity.

God bless you immensely for this insight, I really appreciate!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

If you have a steady income and you want to amortize the loan over 12 months, paying back both the interest and principal you will pay about N229,200 per month making a total payment of about N2,750,000

Thanks and God bless you immensely for the insight.
But am having serious issue with these MERISTEM customer care agent. Dey dont pick calls and if they pick they don't answer to questions accordingly. Imagine I called and a lady talk to me and I ask her to give me cscs email address to forward my instructions for the transfer and she said she didn't know cscs email and that's all.
Is this not a red flag dealing with MERISTEM
As it is now, do you still advise me to continue with them as I don't know much about them or you have in the past experience such with them and how did u deal with it then.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2022
Akerewe:

Thanks and God bless you immensely for the insight.
But am having serious issue with these MERISTEM customer care agent. Dey dont pick calls and if they pick they don't answer to questions accordingly. Imagine I called and a lady talk to me and I ask her to give me cscs email address to forward my instructions for the transfer and she said she didn't know cscs email and that's all.
Is this not a red flag dealing with MERISTEM
As it is now, do you still advise me to continue with them as I don't know much about them or you have in the past experience such with them and how did u deal with it then.

You need to open an account with Meristem.

You can only transfer your account after this.

There are forms to fill and letters to write.

You can tell either meristem or stanbic to initiate the transfer
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Yes I know, am working on it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 1:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

I have filled all the forms and sent it to them
Initially I ask her if I will address the letter to MERISTEM or to STANBIC and she said I need to address those letters to CSCS and I ask for cscs email address she said doesn't know.
Then if this is true pls Oga Ema kindly send me cscs email address here to enable me forward those letters
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2022
Akerewe:

I have filled all the forms and sent it to them
Initially I ask her if I will address the letter to MERISTEM or to STANBIC and she said I need to address those letters to CSCS and I ask for cscs email address she said doesn't know.
Then if this is true pls Oga Ema kindly send me cscs email address here to enable me forward those letters

Interbroker transfers are done through the hardcopies of the documents submitted. The transfer is between the stockbrokers, cscs will come in after you have been signed out by Stanbic.

Info@cscs.ng

Contact@cscs.ng

You need to understand how these things work, you got in touch with Meristem on Monday.

Have you filled the account opening forms with meristem and submitted all the documents? If you did alll these on monday your cscs account with meristem would be opened by tomorrow. It is from tomorrow or thursday that you can embark on the transfer of your investments
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 8:12pm On Apr 12, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Interbroker transfers are done through the hardcopies of the documents submitted. The transfer is between the stockbrokers, cscs will come in after you have been signed out by Stanbic.

Info@cscs.ng

Contact@cscs.ng

You need to understand how these things work, you got in touch with Meristem on Monday.

Have you filled the account opening forms with meristem and submitted all the documents? If you did alll these on monday your cscs account with meristem would be opened by tomorrow. It is from tomorrow or thursday that you can embark on the transfer of your investments

God bless you immensely for this wonderful tips Oga Emma, yes I have filled all their forms, scanned and submitted it. But their customers care seems poor. They don't av as much info as d one u gv now.
Let me wait till I get cscs account number from meristem before I forward all these letters to cscs. Am also required to fund my account with 10k, nd I think since it's a stockbroking account what is the 10k for? My Stanbic stockbroking account is always zero.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
Meristem should just say the interest on loan is 20%. Rubbish brokers.. lazy customer care that knows nothing. Takes days to reply mails.They have digits system but want you to send everything to them via hard copy and charge you for the smallest services. If possible they will charge you for calls and emails

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:49am On Apr 13, 2022
I am just curios. If you already have investment somewhere then you should already have a CSCS account number shouldn't you?
If you do, then there is no need to open a new one
Akerewe:

God bless you immensely for this wonderful tips Oga Emma, yes I have filled all their forms, scanned and submitted it. But their customers care seems poor. They don't av as much info as d one u gv now.
Let me wait till I get cscs account number from meristem before I forward all these letters to cscs. Am also required to fund my account with 10k, nd I think since it's a stockbroking account what is the 10k for? My Stanbic stockbroking account is always zero.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 6:15am On Apr 13, 2022
ojesymsym:
I am just curios. If you already have investment somewhere then you should already have a CSCS account number shouldn't you?
Na so I see am oo, I called them nd they told me to open another cscs account with them as rightly affirm by Oga Emma nd on the process of opening it. Their personnel said it's between the two cscs account that I can switch my stocks.

Thanks for the insight chief
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:42am On Apr 13, 2022
Akerewe:

The N10,000 will be in your account for the purchase of shares
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:44am On Apr 13, 2022
ojesymsym:

You can have just one Clearing House Number, but your different Stockbroking accounts with different houses will have different numbers.

Your CHN is different from your CSCS numbers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:46am On Apr 13, 2022
Biafran4life:
Meristem should just say the interest on loan is 20%. Rubbish brokers.. lazy customer care that knows nothing. Takes days to reply mails.They have digits system but want you to send everything to them via hard copy and charge you for the smallest services. If possible they will charge you for calls and emails

It is 24% per annum with Investment One and 22% per annum with FSDH Capital

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
Oh o was mistaking it for CHN
emmanuelewumi:

You can have just one Clearing House Number, but your different Stockbroking accounts with different houses will have different numbers.

Your CHN is different from your CSCS numbers
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2022
ojesymsym:
Oh o was mistaking it for CHN

If you understand what Oga Ema said, please break it down further for a layman like me using practical examples.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
I will respond to the part relating to CSCS account and CHN.
Just like you have one BVN and then you can have different accounts with other banks, same way you can have one CHN (Clearing House Number) but have different accounts with stockbroking firms.
That is the closest analogy I can think of. Hope it helps.

keeper303:

If you understand what Oga Ema said, please break it down further for a layman like me using practical examples.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2022
ojesymsym:
I will respond to the part relating to CSCS account and CHN.
Just like you have one BVN and then you can have different accounts with other banks, same way you can have one CHN (Clearing House Number) but have different accounts with stockbroking firms.
That is the closest analogy I can think of. Hope it helps.

I get your analogy well but if you are filling a form and your cscs account is asked for: Is it only the cscs account you will fill or you should add the CHN. I beg no vex for my many questions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2022
Depends on the type of form and what info they require. In my experience I find that the CHN is the one that is most relevant in many applications.
Even when buying various types of bonds, it is the CHN that you will have to provide
keeper303:

I get your analogy well but if you are filling a form and your cscs account is asked for: Is it only the cscs account you will fill or you should add the CHN. I beg no vex for my many questions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
keeper303:

cscs number/acct is different from CHN so write what you are asked. The institution/person asking knows the difference.

As already explained your CHN is unique and that is what other market operators or regulators e.g registrars needs when attending to investors. It always starts with letter C and ends with the first and second to the last letters of your surname. e.g if my surname is Emmanuel
my CHN will be C1234567EE.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
emmasoft:

cscs number/acct is different from CHN so write what you are asked. The institution/person asking knows the difference.

As already explained your CHN is unique and that is what other market operators or regulators e.g registrars needs when attending to investors. It always starts with letter C and ends with the first and second to the last letters of your surname. e.g if my surname is Emmanuel

Thank you all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

The N10,000 will be in your account for the purchase of shares
No wahala chief Oga Emma but seems this people MERISTEM r not serious oo. I sent them all the d filled forms nd since yesterday no acknowledgement from from them whatsoever nd more over their customers care r not proactive.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
Akerewe:

No wahala chief Oga Emma but seems this people MERISTEM r not serious oo. I sent them all the d filled forms nd since yesterday no acknowledgement from from them whatsoever nd more over their customers care r not proactive.

contact@meristemng.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

It is 24% per annum with Investment One and 22% per annum with FSDH Capital
Then what is the use when you can get it Gt bank for less than 20% based on adverts I see. And your FG bond can Still serve as collateral anywhere and some company shares
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

contact@meristemng.com

Av contacted the above mail tire nd d below is the one responding b4 I sent the filled forms but since I submitted the form no acknowledgement yet.

adebosolailelaboye@meristemng.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
Akerewe:

Don't worry after some days,a girl will call you
from thr telling you they just woke up from sleep and just seeing your mail,lol. They are responding to oga Emma because they have identified that he is a chairman. So many houses are ready to welcome him

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
Biafran4life:
Don't worry after some days,a girl will call you
from thr telling you they just woke up from sleep and just seeing your mail,lol. They are responding to oga Emma because they have identified that he is a chairman. So many houses are ready to welcome him

I dof my cap for agbalagba oo Oga Emma Tualee!
Alright no wahala, thanks for the insight chief.
If by tomorrow d account is not opening then I move!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:39am On Apr 14, 2022
Biafran4life:
Then what is the use when you can get it Gt bank for less than 20% based on adverts I see. And your FG bond can Still serve as collateral anywhere and some company shares

You will pay processing and management fees.
it is 1.5% per month for GTB which when compounded every month will give almost 20% per annum.

Let me see the your loan offer letter from GTB

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2022
Biafran4life:

Chief Biafran4life i called my account officer nd he said hes not aware of such package in gtbank. Pls affirm this statements or share the advert here biko!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GreatEko: 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
MrMcJay:

For every problem, there is a solution and for every solution, there is a problem.
If Nigeria splits, some people would lose and some people won't. You can't help it. You own is to ensure that you don't lose what is yours.

If you intend holding real estate for a very long time, buy it in the name of a Company and get proper documentation. If you check Osinbajo's Asset declaration documents for instance, what you see majorly there are shares in specific private companies. Those companies were formed to hold assets.

That's an example of how you use the law to protect yourself and your assets.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
GreatEko:

Is it a good idea to hold commercial properties under a Limited Partnership (LP)?

The LP is 98% owned by me.
The best corporate structure to own property is a REIT structure due to no Company Income Tax as long as 90% of profits are paid as dividends to unitholders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 11:52pm On Apr 14, 2022
God bless you for this.
emmasoft:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.