Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2078) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4452008 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) ... (2231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hedgefunds: 12:24pm On May 24, 2022
Born2conquer:

Total

Am in same position as you for my nyse portfolio.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Born2conquer: 12:30pm On May 24, 2022
Hedgefunds:

Am in same position as you for my nyse portfolio.
But I believe NIO would do absolutely well and TESLA was doing well until Elon started misyarning and involving himself in politics.
Twitter stock crashed after elon said he won't be buying it again.

A tough time. And I was over 50% in profit as at last November
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hedgefunds: 12:53pm On May 24, 2022
Born2conquer:

But I believe NIO would do absolutely well and TESLA was doing well until Elon started misyarning and involving himself in politics.
Twitter stock crashed after elon said he won't be buying it again.

A tough time. And I was over 50% in profit as at last November

Forget explaination, All stock was down. You are not the only one on that boat.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 1:26pm On May 24, 2022
The policy-setting committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has voted to raise the monetary policy rate (MPR), which measures interest rate, to 13 per cent to tame rising inflation.

The monetary policy rate (MPR) is the baseline interest rate in an economy, every other interest rate used within an economy is built on it.

Addressing journalists on Tuesday after the committee’s meeting at the CBN headquarters in Abuja, Godwin Emefiele, governor of the apex bank, said six out of eleven committee members voted to raise the key rate.

Emefiele said the committee also voted to retain the asymmetric corridor at +100 and -700 basis points around the MPR and liquidity ratio at 30 per cent.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-cbn-raises-benchmark-interest-rate-to-13
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Willie2015: 2:26pm On May 24, 2022
[quote author=Born2conquer post=113125497]
I think I know my problem, I have strategy but I do not like having idle cash. I reinvest profits immediately, I can't hold 200k for 1 week without thinking of where to put it.

When I soks my Tesla for profit, I bought more of JUMIA and NIO even though I knew I should have waited for the dip.

VUSA ETF pays dividend?[/quote

Yes they pay.

Its VOO on the NYSE
And VUSA on the LSE.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 2:42pm On May 24, 2022
Born2conquer:
... I do not like having idle cash. I reinvest profits immediately, I can't hold 200k for 1 week without thinking of where to put it...

Sharp guy wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:47pm On May 24, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Sarcasm is decoded by smart people
We know that's sarcasm but for you to know that "antem" then you must have heard it from the crypto community.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 2:49pm On May 24, 2022
OgogoroFreak:
We know that's sarcasm but for you to know that "antem" then you must of heard it from the crypto community.
It seems you don't do stocks. It actually started from there before the birth of Crypto sef.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 3:37pm On May 24, 2022
OgogoroFreak:
We know that's sarcasm but for you to know that "antem" then you must have heard it from the crypto community.

It is not from the crypto community. It's from stocks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:17pm On May 24, 2022
OgogoroFreak:

Used by Warren Buffet 30 year ago
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:18pm On May 24, 2022
otomatic:

It is not from the crypto community. It's from stocks.

Correct
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 11:35pm On May 24, 2022
United capitals has since stop adding interest on money market regularly, has anyone noticed this? The Company updating is so poor, will be porting fully to Fbnquest

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 6:03am On May 25, 2022
Most of these daily interest fund managers are crooks, sometimes they don't add your interest, sometimes they add less than the market value and when you chase them up for it, they will tell you they just added it meanwhile they don't. Semi annual/coupon payment ones are better on a long run.

Foodempire:
United capitals has since stop adding interest on money market regularly, has anyone noticed this? The Company updating is so poor, will be porting fully to Fbnquest

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 6:20am On May 25, 2022
This one CBN increase interest rate in an inflationary economy, what's the effect on tb, fd and bonds and capital markets
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Healthquest: 7:10am On May 25, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92DS-6JA0F4

If you've a phone and you are not making money with it, that mobile phone is useless to some extent.

Get up and start now,
This link provide how to start your NFT journey with only your phone up to the extent of getting sales in Thousand USD.
No prior knowledge involve as my video details everything with your phone.

Go through and send me any question you've. I'm ready to reply them but make sure you subscribe to my channel
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 7:52am On May 25, 2022
TotoNaRubber:

Most of these daily interest fund managers are crooks, sometimes they don't add your interest, sometimes they add less than the market value and when you chase them up for it, they will tell you they just added it meanwhile they don't. Semi annual/coupon payment ones are better on a long run.

You are correct, United capital only added a day interest to my account on Monday leaving behind Saturday and Sunday, I will request for my statements before exiting their abracadabra systems. The daily interest is mockery enough even with the dollar @ 610 then this shortage combined
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by izuugodwin(m): 9:10am On May 25, 2022
hope cbn increase intrest rate will affect trusbils, mmf n co
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 10:05am On May 25, 2022
What is the current mmf rate?

izuugodwin:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 10:32am On May 25, 2022
Mr thread underailer ,psycophants like you are the ones supporting evil here to kill the thread.
Macktaob:
@Munamoqel, why don't you just counter his points instead of bringing comments from another thread here? I've been waiting for a counter argument, if any, just for learning sake.

You are more or less the derailer here.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 10:51am On May 25, 2022
TotoNaRubber:
What is the current mmf rate?

Stanbic is approx 3% very poor.

Meristem said theirs is 8%

I wonder why Stanbic will be less.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Macktaob(m): 11:00am On May 25, 2022
XiaoLi:
Mr thread underailer ,psycophants like my father are the ones supporting evil here to kill the thread.
Obviously you an idiot and boy adult for using such derogatory word for the man who birthed you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 25, 2022
XiaoLi:
Oh your father was a psycophant, no wonder he birthed a pig like you who does not know his left from his right.

Xiaoli, instead make you go hustle passenger you dey here dey find trouble as usual. Your kids have to eat o. Behave yourself. Is it a coincidence that anytime audio billionaire Ahib appears to constitute nuisance, you sef go appear? Only an idiot won’t know that na the same dullard dey run those two monikers. Jobless agbaya angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Macktaob(m): 6:00pm On May 25, 2022
XiaoLi:
Oh my father was a psycophant, no wonder he birthed a pig like me who does not know his left from his right.
Now I understand your health status, may you get healed!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 6:41pm On May 25, 2022
Are you no more in yaba left werey, you no get coomon sense like ya papa na
Macktaob:

Now I understand your health status, may you get healed!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 6:45pm On May 25, 2022
Smiles, longest time oloshi, bbnaija go start soon oo, how far you don masturbatie today?? grin grin grin
Lazyyouth4u:

Xiaoli, instead make you go hustle passenger you dey here dey find trouble as usual. Your kids have to eat o. Behave yourself. Is it a coincidence that anytime audio billionaire Ahib appears to constitute nuisance, you sef go appear? Only an idiot won’t know that na the same dullard dey run those two monikers. Jobless agbaya angry

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 10:38pm On May 25, 2022
Kindly find below today's NTB auction results.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:13pm On May 25, 2022
izuugodwin:

Sure it will. Increase interest rate will affect tbills, non equity based mutual funds like MMF, fixed income, bonds and the likes positively.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 11:24pm On May 26, 2022
About the Stanbic IBTC N100 Billion Infrastructure Fund
Those who change the world are those who take on projects that positively impact society. In today’s world, it is not enough to have big visions and dreams, you need to also have the funds to back your ambitions. When it comes to funding, we at Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited, have you covered

8. What is the target return of the Fund?
The target return is 2% - 5% above the FGN bond yield with a similar tenor to the outstanding tenor of Series II i.e 10 years as of the allotment date.

https://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/nigeriaassetmanagement/individual-investor/products-and-services/alternative-funds/stanbic-ibtc-infrastructure-fund

Please who can educate me more on this, the risk and the potentials
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 4:06am On May 27, 2022
It's a N10 million minimum capital investment, it is said the last 3 months in interest rate hovered around 13 percent.
Seems to be a difficult one to liquidate as it's long term and interest are determined every 4 to 6 months so likely interest rate will fluctuate over long term.

Seems to be new in the market, one thing with investment funds management banks is that once it's over over subscribed (which is supposed to be a good thing), the rate nose dives, a typical example is the mmf.

Rizin:
About the Stanbic IBTC N100 Billion Infrastructure Fund
Those who change the world are those who take on projects that positively impact society. In today’s world, it is not enough to have big visions and dreams, you need to also have the funds to back your ambitions. When it comes to funding, we at Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited, have you covered

8. What is the target return of the Fund?
The target return is 2% - 5% above the FGN bond yield with a similar tenor to the outstanding tenor of Series II i.e 10 years as of the allotment date.

https://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/nigeriaassetmanagement/individual-investor/products-and-services/alternative-funds/stanbic-ibtc-infrastructure-fund

Please who can educate me more on this, the risk and the potentials
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 11thGoldTREE: 6:54am On May 27, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Used by Warren Buffet 30 year ago
sad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 5:47pm On May 27, 2022
Thanks
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) ... (2231) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.