Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4438619 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:25pm On May 28, 2022
AngelicBeing:
That is why I took my dollars, climbed Mountain Everest to go and hide it there grin
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 12:14pm On May 29, 2022
AngelicBeing:
That is why I took my dollars, climbed Mountain Everest to go and hide it there grin

If what I hear is true dollar is about to be hit with 2 digits inflation, and then, risk of losing its place as the international currency is higher than ever.

All in all, holding cash that is not generating returns (above inflation) is a bad idea.

But, I know you know these things already.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 1:00pm On May 29, 2022
Inflation is global, in Europe and the UK inflation is hitting hard, banks in the zones are increasing their interest rates. In the US too inflation is hitting hard and banks are increasing their interest rate too, funny enough it is the US dollar that has outperformed everyothervcurrent since the last 3 months.
$1 paired to the euro at €0.96 a week ago compared to $1 = €0.88 witnessed over the last year.

ositadima1:

If what I hear is true dollar is about to be hit with 2 digits inflation, and then, risk of losing its place as the international currency is higher than ever.

All in all, holding cash that is not generating returns (above inflation) is a bad idea.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 1:33pm On May 29, 2022
ositadima1:

Yes I know, let me continue to remain on Mount Everest and enjoy the snow, my dollars are hidden inside the Mountain, I will come down from Mount Everest next year 2023 ' June 15th tongue
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2022
Is it possible to invest in Ghana EuroBonds as a Nigeria?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 12:17pm On May 30, 2022
Wapgod:
its a lot of stress but it's possible if u can go to ghana to process it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rmx: 3:21pm On May 30, 2022
Wapgod:

Yap , have a friend that did in March , coupon of 8.125% . Did thru ecobank in nigeria here . Find out from them
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 3:42pm On May 30, 2022
Ghana is more indebted than Nigeria, Ghana has more economical problems than Nigeria at the moment. The only differences btw Naija and Ghana is that, Nigerians are crying more about their economical problems than Ghanians are doing. So because Nigerians are naturally lousy, it is very easy to believe that Nigeria has more economical problems than Ghana, epecially in the areas of paying back foreign debts..

Even IMF and other international financial institutions have already made it clear that Ghana cannot pay up about 60% of their foreign debts, and Ghanian govt admitted this irrefutable fact.

Wapgod:

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tayop145: 3:42pm On May 31, 2022
If you desire to earn good return of investment on a weekly basis from the Forex Trading, or you want your money to be working for you while you sleep, kindly contact us as quickly as possible.

We are offering a Guaranteed Forex Account Management Service with secure profits on Any MT4 or MT5 broker :-

Orders would be placed in your account manually through our expert traders with more tham 13 years of eperience.

All Trading would be done with proper risk management.

Delivering at least 700 - 1500 green pips in a monthly

Signals accuracy would be 80 - 95 %

Risk and reward ratio would always between 1:1.5 - 1: 1.2.

You will have 100% control of your account and can opt out at any time.

We would be working with technique of capital maximization to make higher returns.

Telegram- @forexprofitmgr
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
I found out that my Axa Mansard was removed from my portfolio when I asked my broker they said it’s not registered in CSCS. I found out that axa mansard readjusted their shares last year. I had 200,000 shares last year. What do I do?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
igbizen:
I found out that my Axa Mansard was removed from my portfolio when I asked my broker they said it’s not registered in CSCS. I found out that axa mansard readjusted their shares last year. I had 200,000 shares last year. What do I do?
Open a cscs portfolio account at cscs.ng
And use that to confirm if your Axa Mansard shares is there.
Also move this question to nigerian stock market pick thread, this thread is for treasury bills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FlyStuff: 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2022
Investment opportunity

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ololufemi: 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
FlyStuff:
Investment opportunity

I don't understand the government organisations again o! Offering about 9% in an economy that the inflation rate is officially inching towards 20%. Always spinning some surprise on their citizens.

It will be better for like minded individuals with integrity to collate their funds together, convert them to USD via inflows and purchase one of the FGN Eurobonds that offer a coupon close to this 9% whist commanding a good yield.

They will be better off in the long run because with the way this economy is going, nobody can run things alone not even Alhaji Cement.

Integrity is the most important thing that could spell success for many in this financial terrain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2022
ololufemi:

I don't understand the government organisations again o! Offering about 9% in an economy that the inflation rate is officially inching towards 20%. Always spinning some surprise on their citizens.

It will be better for like minded individuals with integrity to collate their funds together, convert them to USD via inflows and purchase one of the FGN Eurobonds that offer a coupon close to this 9% whist commanding a good yield.

They will be better off in the long run because with the way this economy is going, nobody can run things alone not even Alhaji Cement.

Integrity is the most important thing that could spell success for many in this financial terrain.

To convert to USD via inflows? The open market sells at about 610. Is that the market you are referring to?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
The thing tire me, I haven't seen a govt like this, currently inflation is at 17% and they are only offering 8.2% which they will likely hold down for 4 weeks after maturity. By 2024 dollar will be around N900/$, I'm just thinking whether to invest in this paltry 8.2 percent or just gradually keep converting my naira to USD, I bought N5K USD three month ago at N430/$, wish I could buy like $1 million for that amount cheesy

ololufemi:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 4:18am On Jun 09, 2022
Kindly find below yesterdays NTB auction results.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 7:36am On Jun 09, 2022
Joke
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
TotoNaRubber:
The thing tire me, I haven't seen a govt like this, currently inflation is at 17% and they are only offering 8.2% which they will likely hold down for 4 weeks after maturity. By 2024 dollar will be around N900/$, I'm just thinking whether to invest in this paltry 8.2 percent or just gradually keep converting my naira to USD, I bought N5K USD three month ago at N430/$, wish I could buy like $1 million for that amount cheesy

Please how did you buy the dollar and from where? I'm considering converting some of my Naira investment to Dollar.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 6:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
Na my guy help me run am, it's complicated. Try buy small small by any means you see.

sammily:

Please how did you buy the dollar and from where? I'm considering converting some of my Naira investment to Dollar.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2022
5.5% p.a Treasury bill or 5% fixed deposit for a period of 180days in a commercial bank....

Advise please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 7:55am On Jun 11, 2022
Go for any with higher interest rate, my realisation is that, the more funds stays idle the more it depreciates, even though the interest rate is little compared to inflation, but it's better to get some rather than nothing.

At this point it seems buying commodities and Machineries is better for capital preservation compared to fixed income debt instruments like cars that usually sell for N2 million are now N3.5 million, an increase of 75 percent in value.
Ugmama:
5.5% p.a Treasury bill or 5% fixed deposit for a period of 180days in a commercial bank....

Advise please?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 10:08am On Jun 11, 2022
TotoNaRubber:

Go for any with higher interest rate, my realisation is that, the more funds stays idle the more it depreciates, even though the interest rate is little compared to inflation, but it's better to get some rather than nothing.

At this point it seems buying commodities and Machineries is better for capital preservation compared to fixed income debt instruments like cars that usually sell for N2 million are now N3.5 million, an increase of 75 percent in value.

Except you buy and keep without registering, ( and that has its own issues) a vehicle you bought at 2m will not sell for 3.5m. At least, not yet. You'll be lucky to even sell at 2.5m

However I understand your point and my only regret is allowing people talk me out of buying a lot more vehicles on bolt when I wanted to.

Unfortunately the prices of those vehicles have now gone over the roof

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 11:21am On Jun 11, 2022
Itsrm:

Except you buy and keep without registering, ( and that has its own issues) a vehicle you bought at 2m will not sell for 3.5m. At least, not yet. You'll be lucky to even sell at 2.5m

However I understand your point and my only regret is allowing people talk me out of buying a lot more vehicles on bolt when I wanted to.

Unfortunately the prices of those vehicles have now gone over the roof

This is naija, a vehicle bought 2 years ago at 8m is sold for 9m after use. Dollar is not smiling. Though the 9m is far more useless than the 8m back then.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ugmama:

Advise please?

Go for mutual funds instead. Most are already hitting 5.5-6%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ugmama:

Advise please?

My opinion (not expert advice, though), is to take the treasury bill option because of the immediate interest payment and then put the interest received in a mutual fund (money market or fixed income fund) till the treasury bill matures.
That way, you will receive interest on the interest from your treasury bill investment.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2022
Thanks guys. I have a clean Toyota car for sale but I am based in the east for those that can come for inspection.

This is for sale please. Contact me for physical inspection, no online deals.

Thank you

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunene66: 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ugmama:

Advise please?

If the rates are as stated then Tbills is better
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Born2conquer: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2022
TotoNaRubber:

5k at 430, 3months ago? How

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2022
tunene66:

If the rates are as stated then Tbills is better

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by collinsobinna(m): 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ugmama:

Advise please?

Hi
Pls may I know the bank that offered these rates ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
collinsobinna:

Hi
Pls may I know the bank that offered these rates ?

UBA and united capital
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2022
Does anyone know about Novambi Asset Management. Are the legit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: stokfrick and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.