Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2086) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4448899 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:31am On Jul 20, 2022
That looks like a 250M invested to earn that quarterly coupon. I am motivated.

Here was I feeling fly when I received mine, I non know say na shildren's play I de do.
cucumbar:
big boy!!! shocked shocked shocked See coupon nau.

skydiver01:
Wonders shall never end... Was expecting this to drop tomorrow but it dropped today....Wonderful... Happy Days... More FGN bond purchase (compounding)

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SamNeds(m): 10:54am On Jul 20, 2022
Hello people, i recently came across an advert shared by GOD is Good motors about a Stellas Digital Bank offering 15% per annum on savings....
I thought it wise to come Nairalanders to seek advise from the gurus.
Please has anyone used them for investments??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Amimatt1(f): 11:44am On Jul 20, 2022
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2022
Tobex4realTobex234:
Dollar limit on naira cards are now $20/month.
Virtual USD cards are being banned left and right.
PTA has been almost impossible to access from the banks.
Getting forex to pay for school fees has become increasingly difficult.

So, the dollar rate is not artificial, just wait for September admission Japa wave to U.K and January admission wave to U.S, if CBN doesn't provide forex for these needs, the scarcity of dollar would push it to 650 by 2023.

Is it the dollar that was already 640 this morning? 2023 is too far

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Amgizzie: 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2022
unite4real:

Is it the dollar that was already 640 this morning? 2023 is too far

Over N640 as at now.

Pls does anyone know any bank giving PTA?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
Lol, no be today.... Its the result of c20 years of investing. My approach is slow and steady.... wink grin
cucumbar:
big boy!!! shocked shocked shocked See coupon nau.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
grin grin grin grin Actually, its not quarterly. Its every six months (bi-annual). Nevertheless, I agree with you.... we must be motivated.
ojesymsym:

Here was I feeling fly when I received mine, I non know say na shildren's play I de do.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
The 2026 FGN bond is due 22 July... I am now looking forward to it dropping on Friday wink

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamachi(f): 4:17am On Jul 21, 2022
SamNeds:
Hello people, i recently came across an advert shared by GOD is Good motors about a Stellas Digital Bank offering 15% per annum on savings....
Shine your eyes well well
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 5:55am On Jul 21, 2022
If you had kept all the investment you put in Fixed income asset in dollar from Jan 2020 till date, your capital will be 58 percent higher at 29% increase per annum compared to CBN's country hard paltry 13% max per annum undecided

ojesymsym:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2022
You are right. That's why I have been diversified for many years now.... since dollar was N155:$1. I hear dollar has hit N630 wink
TotoNaRubber:
If you had kept all the investment you put in Fixed income asset in dollar from Jan 2020 till date, your capital will be 58 percent higher at 29% increase per annum compared to CBN's country hard paltry 13% max per annum undecided

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tranquility2345: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
SamNeds:

See this one dey use style to market. You must think we are all fools here angry

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ubatracy: 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
skydiver01:
Kindly find below the NTB auction results.

Demand is finally merging with supply... Took a while....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2022
ositadima1:

I hope u read my initial post. Investing in bitc0in is ok, but the bulk of ur money shouldn't be in it(most gurus advice 5 to 15% of ur assets). I was responding to @jedisco who was implying that moving ur assets to crypt0 was a good way to edge against naira devaluation.

Like I said before, crypt0s are purely speculative in nature.

I still see bitc0in as a good hedge against devaluation of the naira. Over the last 10 years, it's proven to generally trend up with time. Buying and selling at the right time have generally brought good returns. The naira OTOH has lost at least 10% of its value yearly against the USD. This year alone it's lost about 13% and we're just halfway.

As regards diversification, that's common sense.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
skydiver01:
Yes rates wise but it was not oversubscribed which is unusual.

Except folks are taking their money elsewhere.....

With CBN now issuing threats, likely folks are pulling liquidity. It'd be interesting to see how the interest rate increase by CBN would affect things locally

https://thenationonlineng.net/cbn-to-sanction-customers-converting-naira-to-dollar/

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by qmd24(m): 2:18am On Jul 22, 2022
jedisco:

Except folks are taking their money elsewhere.....

With CBN now issuinf threats, likely folks are pulling liquidity. It'd be interesting to see how the interest rate increase by CBN would affect things locally

https://thenationonlineng.net/cbn-to-sanction-customers-converting-naira-to-dollar/

Please, I need info on how to liquidate Sukuk?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2022
For those buying dollars...this is the news from CBN this morning.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:12am On Jul 22, 2022
ibechris:

Let Emefiele start with arresting those that shared dollars during the party primaries.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
NL1960:

Let Emefiele start with arresting those that shared dollars during the party primaries.
Gbamsulotely + those that shared it during Osun state elections + those who will continue to share it in subsequent elections, nonsense and CBN and Buhari angry

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2022
grin grin grin grin
AngelicBeing:
Gbamsulotely + those that shared it during Osun state elections + those who will continue to share it in subsequent elections, nonsense and CBN and Buhari angry

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
ibechris:
CBN Clarifies Stance on Conversion of Naira to Dollar: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/07/22/cbn-clarifies-stance-on-conversion-of-naira-to-dollar/

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2022
pizapato:

By now people should know holding USD is an investment. If you can put the USD into secured investment that brings returns, it is even better.
Nigeria is struggling to get Forex. Tony Elumelu recent post on Twitter shows that intense bunkering makes it impossible for Nigeria to profit from the current price of crude because lots of the crude produced is stolen.
The high price of crude also mean more subsidy needs to be paid. That's what has driven the cost of diesel and petrol up.
If the cost of crude remains above $100 throughout the year, by the end of the year, dollar could easily exchange 650

People should be holding at least 50% USD and 50% naira now

Just half way through the year, we are already edging towards 650, when that was what I was predicting it to close the year at 650 sad

Come end of the year we could be looking at 700+. Although the rapid move from 620 to 640 seems to be driven again by a wrong move by Meffy who wants to arrest those trading USD.

Be like na to go 20% or lower with Naira

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2022
seyisanya:
CBN Clarifies Stance on Conversion of Naira to Dollar: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/07/22/cbn-clarifies-stance-on-conversion-of-naira-to-dollar/

So at least eurobond investment are safe. .!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2022
qmd24:

If you had a cscs account before investing in sukuku it should be in your cscs account send a sale mandate to your stockbroker and once a buyer surface and there is a deal you get your money.
If you don't have a cscs account, click on the link on my signature to open one with investment one stockbrokers. It's free.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by qmd24(m): 2:03am On Jul 23, 2022
emmasoft:

If you had a cscs account before investing in sukuku it should be in your cscs account send a sale mandate to your stockbroker and once a buyer surface and there is a deal you get your money.
If you don't have a cscs account, click on the link on my signature to open one with investment one stockbrokers. It's free.

Thanks a lot �
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2022
The cycle of devaluation has become quite typical.

Last 2 weeks I got an email from my bank updating me on some new restrictions on PTA/BTA- this is usually the first sign and so I eased off the naira...

Unsurprisingly, after a week, the rates started pushing up... typical!

CBN threatening folks shows they're panicking. In the past, they'd have blamed crypt0 traders for their ineptitude. Also, some of the news filtering thru about the economy (debt servicing more than revenue) doesn't inspire confidence.

Thirdly, CBN rapidly increasing interest rates for the first time in years looks like they've sensed rapid inflation is beckoning.

I've always held that with rapid devaluation, around the 700-750 mark lies the point where the average Nigerian losses hope in the naira. This is usually where things begin to spiral out. If the gallop we saw this week continues into next, then that number is not far away.

What's worse is the inflation that follows any major devaluation. There's usually a 2-3 month lag for this. Inflation currently at 19% would easily reach 25-30% should the exchange rate reach 700. When handling a building project I usually like to be in usd preceeding this kind of devaluation and buy items in naira once things stabilise. If caught in naira, I buy up items quite quick cos prices would soar in the coming months..

Finally, over the last decade and half, the naira has averagely lost 10- 15% of its value against the usd every year (i.e 50% is lost every 6 years). This year (just like 2015) was going to be tough mainly due to the general elections and the money politics we play which is sadly now done in usd. All said, it's my duty to protect my wealth. Our leaders (and populace) do not care.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2022
qmd24:

Bonds (moreso locally denominated) are not my forte
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
Spot on.... angry cry cry
jedisco:
The cycle of devaluation has become quite typical.
---------
Finally, over the last decade and half, the naira has averagely lost 10- 15% of its value against the usd every year (i.e 50% is lost every 6 years). This year (just like 2015) was going to be tough mainly due to the general elections and the money politics we play which is sadly now done in usd. All said, it's my duty to protect my wealth. Our leaders (and populace) do not care.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Is there any probability that this won't go up to £1 /#1000 by Jan 2023?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chauder: 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
This is one that FG debt servicing is more than revenue, Gurus please what's the faith of our monies in FG TBills and Bond. Is there a possibility of default? or delayed payback?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: freeman67, teejay5(f), harlee(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.