Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429934 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) (2092) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dollarseeker: 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
my investments in treasury bills is nothing to right up about because of the rate at which dollar price increases.

Guy I will advice u all to follow a plan b...I earn at least 15-50% ROI monthly from a betting source. these has been helping me for long and its far better than bond investment because this is monthly ROI. the name of the site I follow starts with I and ends with e. If u know u know...keep balling my people

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2022
^^^^
Hmmmmmm, Mugu fall, guyman wack, guyman fall, olokpa chop shocked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hello, do you know THUNDER?

Dollarseeker:
my investments in bonds and treasury bills is nothing to right up about because of the rate at which dollar price increases.

Guy I will advice u all to follow a plan b...I earn at least 15-50% ROI monthly from a betting source. these has been helping me for long and its far better than bond investment because this is monthly ROI. the name of the site I follow starts with I and ends with e. If u know u know...keep balling my people

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 4:42am On Aug 02, 2022
Dollarseeker:
my investments in treasury bills is nothing to right up about because of the rate at which dollar price increases.

Dollar confessor grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by spbabt(m): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2022
Pls any one that subcribed for first bank TBILLs 364 days for the 13/July/2022 auction? ...kindly reply this...need to do a clarification urgently
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
akinola98:
Hello People

Is it time to sell off acquired FGN bond ?? Since the FGN claims they are broke so we do not start hearing stories about unpaid coupons

What is your opinion on this pls Thanks

They say Nigeria can't default of naira bonds because they can easily print naira to offset payments.

I think we should be more worried about Eurobond/Eurobond Fund.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 12:57am On Aug 04, 2022
Kindly be informed that you can now subscribe for the following FGN Savings Bond offers;

2-Year FGN Savings Bond due August 10, 2024: @ 9.413% per annum
3-Year FGN Savings Bond due August 10, 2025: @ 10.413% per annum

The minimum subscription is N5,000 in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50,000,000.

Opening Date: August, 1, 2022
Closing Date: August 5, 2022
Settlement Date: August, 10, 2022
Coupon Payment Date: November 10, February 10, May 10, August 10

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Princefame1: 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ibrahim505:
Kindly be informed that you can now subscribe for the following FGN Savings Bond offers;

2-Year FGN Savings Bond due August 10, 2024: @ 9.413% per annum
3-Year FGN Savings Bond due August 10, 2025: @ 10.413% per annum

The minimum subscription is N5,000 in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50,000,000.

Opening Date: August, 1, 2022
Closing Date: August 5, 2022
Settlement Date: August, 10, 2022
Coupon Payment Date: November 10, February 10, May 10, August 10

Please how do I subscribe for this?
Can it be done through my bank or the I have to involve external body. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2022
Princefame1:

https://www.nairaland.com/3658395/fgn-savings-bond
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
Princefame1:

Apply through your stockbroker
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JavaSQL: 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2022
Good day,
Please do you think It's normal for an FGN Bond June 2025 bought two months ago to still be pending with the bank It was purchased through. I don't have any details of the certificate of the bond on my CSCS account

I contacted the bank and they said it is yet to be listed on Nigerian Exchange Group. is it normal or dem wan job me?

emmanuelewumi:

I can try with the top 5.

Stanbic IBTC Asset Management

FBN Quest Asset Management

United Capital Asset Management

ARM Asset Management

FSDH Asset Management

GT Fund Managers

Meristem Wealth Managers.

You can Google Fund Managers Association of Nigeria for others
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2022
Kindly find below todays NTB auction results

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
JavaSQL:

Good day,
Please do you think It's normal for an FGN Bond June 2025 bought two months ago to still be pending with the bank It was purchased through. I don't have any details of the certificate of the bond on my CSCS account

I contacted the bank and they said it is yet to be listed on Nigerian Exchange Group. is it normal or dem wan job me?

The bank is the custodian, you will need to write to your Stockbroker and CSCS to move the investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2022
Good evening house, please if one has 100 shares of MTN, at the current dividend of N5.60 kobo per 2 kobo share , how much will the person be expecting? thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JavaSQL: 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2022
Thanks, Is this a negligence on the stockbroker's part?
emmanuelewumi:

The bank is the custodian, you will need to write to your Stockbroker and CSCS to move the investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2022
JavaSQL:

Thanks, Is this a negligence on the stockbroker's part?

You bought through the bank, so the bank is the custodian. To move it to CSCS custody you need to contact your Stockbroker

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 11:42pm On Aug 10, 2022
RayRay06677:
Good evening house, please if one has 100 shares of MTN, at the current dividend of N5.60 kobo per 2 kobo share , how much will the person be expecting? thanks

A bit less than NGN560.00
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 12:22am On Aug 11, 2022
RayRay06677:

504 naira

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:10am On Aug 11, 2022
mymadam:

A bit less than NGN560.00

N560

10% WHT (tax) = N56
Net inflow to ur acc = N560 - N56 = N 504

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:40am On Aug 11, 2022
igbizen:

N560

10% WHT (tax) = N56
Net inflow to ur acc = N560 - N56 = N 504

Please why are they calling it a 2 Kobo share where price is above 200 and was bought at 169?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2022
RayRay06677:

Please why are they calling it a 2 Kobo share where price is above 200 and was bought at 169?
That's the nominal value.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2022
Wapgod:

That's the nominal value.

Sorry sir, it's my first time on shares, just did it for learning. I don't know anything about shares.

I don't understand "nominal', help a brother,thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2022
RayRay06677:

Sorry sir, it's my first time on shares, just did it for learning. I don't know anything about shares.

I don't understand "nominal', help a brother,thanks.

google it "investopedia nominal value shares"
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2022
Wapgod:

google it "investopedia nominal value shares"

you don give me assignment like this ooooo, make i find expo

"In economics, the nominal value is the unadjusted value of an asset without taking into account deductions and premiums, such as expenses, taxes, and inflation. It is in contrast to the real value of an asset, which considers deductions and premiums"

Now is this not equally confusing, my brother na dy/dx i learn for school so treat my query like say na primary school pikin you dey help out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:11am On Aug 12, 2022
That 2 kobo is often not something to concern you either when buying for investment or determining the value of your share. What you really have to keep an eye is the price it is sod on the stock market, the price you bought and perhaps dividends.
But, if you are asking just for the knowledge then I will throw in my few cent.
Each company traded on the stock market is broken into bits called shares and each of those bits is assigned a value which corresponds with that 2 kobo you just referenced.
However the price on the stock market is a reflection of what the market think the price should be. So when that price was 169 naira, that was what buyers and sellers were willing to offer for it. Ditto for now that it is 200 naira
RayRay06677:

you don give me assignment like this ooooo, make i find expo

"In economics, the nominal value is the unadjusted value of an asset without taking into account deductions and premiums, such as expenses, taxes, and inflation. It is in contrast to the real value of an asset, which considers deductions and premiums"

Now is this not equally confusing, my brother na dy/dx i learn for school so treat my query like say na primary school pikin you dey help out.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 5:09am On Aug 12, 2022
ojesymsym:
That 2 kobo is often not something to concern you either when buying for investment or determining the value of your share. What you really have to keep an eye is the price it is sod on the stock market, the price you bought and perhaps dividends.
But, if you are asking just for the knowledge then I will throw in my few cent.
Each company traded on the stock market is broken into bits called shares and each of those bits is assigned a value which corresponds with that 2 kobo you just referenced.
However the price on the stock market is a reflection of what the market think the price should be. So when that price was 169 naira, that was what buyers and sellers were willing to offer for it. Ditto for now that it is 200 naira

Thank you my brother, its transparent now.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Searchingvictor: 10:08am On Aug 12, 2022
careerwoman:

Aswear, your first paragraph is what I really would love to do tomorrow.. It doesn’t make any sense, there was no place in the form where I filled “roll over request if bid fails”.
I have lots of engagements starting from next week Monday and need my funds back immediately.
Plus, Tbills isn’t looking enticing anymore.

Good morning Ma'am. Please help me with 1k. I'm financially down. Help please

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
This our government just has to change for there to be improvement in Tbills, mehn i miss the glory days of double digit interest rates...a** government don really do us strong tin embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aberdeenshire: 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
Expect a hike in treasury bills rates with the recent CBN increase in saving's interest to 4.2 pa.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:30am On Aug 17, 2022
BETTER DEAL FOR MMF

If you need a better rate for MMF and good customer service give me a call or chat me with the number on my signature.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2022
skydiver01:
Kindly find below todays NTB auction results
BOSS how about kuda money? How thrustworthy is it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) (2092) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.