Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4433412 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
iamrichiefola:
I just check my Stanbic IBTC Equity Fund (after a long time of not checking) only to find out that there have been losses. I checked just now and noticed more loss.

Would you advise I pull out my money or just watch it for some time?

[b][/b]PS: More than half of the interest accrued over time is gone

Please how did you check to know your accrued interest has reduced? I also have some funds there and it has been long I checked.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dollar now exchange for #700. All gains on Naira investment wiped out, purchasing power reduced- and for those with dollars if not promptly expended to acquire assets before the inflation effect take place, this will only be a bit advantageous to the dollar investors as you will have to buy assets/ commodities at higher price with Naira. It's a messed up economy and we should expect more free falls of Naira before the election. Emiefele should be sacked already

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elsueno: 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2022
grin

Mahn......naira don kaput, can u imagine it's even falling at an extremely fast speed against d $$ despite the dollar being in recession. Could JuJu be actually real & Nigeria cursed with incompetent leaders in almost all sectors

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2022
BREAKING:

...In the same vein, some bank users who have FX in their domiciliary account told Nairametrics that they have not been able to withdraw their funds from the bank due to tightened liquidity.

This is a developing story…

Nairametrics.com

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elsueno: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
mymadam:
BREAKING:

...In the same vein, some bank users who have FX in their domiciliary account told Nairametrics that they have not been able to withdraw their funds from the bank due to tightened liquidity.

This is a developing story…

Nairametrics.com

B4 they would just refused to give anything higher than $1000 in cash with some silly excuses....I guess it has gotten worst then

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
So sad.

Exactly one year ago, dollar was 520.
34% gain doing nothing. If you invested even at 8%, you're 42% profit.

Emefiele is making this shit too easy. I would say that the best investment for anyone to make now is to find a way to earn in dollars. Because changing naira to dollars is not even sustainable.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
I hope we don't vote another clueless president. If we do, 1k per dollar is very likely by 2025.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
hustla:
Is there any probability that this won't go up to £1 /#1000 by Jan 2023?

It seems as if 1K is in a bit
cry

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iamrichiefola(m): 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2022
The Stanbic IBTC App

keeper303:

Please how did you check to know your accrued interest has reduced? I also have some funds there and it has been long I checked.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
Kindly find below todays NTB auction results.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
The rates remained stagnant despite the under subscription

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
Tobex4realTobex234:
I hope we don't vote another clueless president. If we do, 1k per dollar is very likely by 2025.

By 2025? Or next year undecided

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
Elsueno:

B4 they would just refused to give anything higher than $1000 in cash with some silly excuses....I guess it has gotten worst worse then

wink

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
Elsueno:
grin

Mahn......naira don kaput, can u imagine it's even falling at an extremely fast speed against d $$ despite the dollar being in recession. Could JuJu be actually real & Nigeria cursed with incompetent leaders in almost all sectors

Wetin this one dey yearn? What do you mean by dollar is in recession? Dollar that is currently the strongest currency and getting stronger everyday? Are you okay? angry

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 27, 2022
XiaoLi:
Haha..she might have travelled to Delta state to eat free chicken na, someone on this forum invited her to Delta state to eat chicken which she humbly accepted since no bbn to do some voting racketeering, remember?? Laff wan scatter me grin grin grin grin grin

Xiaoli how far na? grin

How the family? Your Uber nko? You don finally repair your pencil light Camry? Try fix am sharply before hunger finish your family o grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2022
Munamoqel:
BBN season 7 is here ! the voting centre rackets start !. more money to very lazy youths work don dey tongue

Ahib the audio man wey I expose grin

If to say I no expose your yansh na so you for continue to dey deceive people say you be billionaire LOL

How your truck driving na? Nor just try drive am go east o. After all your insults to igbos, you go hear ween if you drive truck go there ooo grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 27, 2022
Where my Oga dey na? Oga Emma how far? Hope all is well o.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hailings to all my people here o. Both the audio and the correct ones. I just say make I drop by jare. I don waka wink

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Brainbox0806: 1:10am On Jul 28, 2022
This Bad omen she-goat again, keep shut and go glue to your BBN TV show, lost soul.

Lazyyouth4u:
Hailings to all my people here o. Both the audio and the correct ones. I just say make I drop by jare. I don waka wink

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Munamoqel: 2:35am On Jul 28, 2022
Lazyyouth4u:
waka back to the BBN voting rackets abi ? or another lazy job done land ! organising bus load of fellow lazy youths for NLC/ASU rally .

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 3:10am On Jul 28, 2022
Good to hear from you. Greetings wink
Lazyyouth4u:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 5:39am On Jul 28, 2022
Hahaha Funny you!

From all indications, you are either a land agent or land grabbers.
The two questions you need to answer is
1. How much is involved and also how much is the land?
2. Have u you thought of the high risk involved if u buy a land from land grabbers.
When u are involve in international trades, u will get to know why it's never good to leave ur money in naira. Because u will not only leave ur client frustrated but also ur money will loose it's purchasing power. And you will push the frustrations to the end user making them to suffer for the offence they did not commit.

Currently I am regretting the little I invested in tb @7% because if it was in dollar at this exchange rate, I will have 22% as at this morning.
Vote4ObiDatti:

"God help our country" indeed, when you're also part of the problem. Nigerians will use naira to buy dollar and hoard it. Some will demand for dollar officially and sell it in the black market. All these are rent seeking activities that sabotage the economy.

Why not look for ways to earn dollar legitimately instead? If you want to hedge against inflation, you can buy lands.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:05am On Jul 28, 2022
It seems those money that would have been used to subscribe are now been used to put pressure on the naira.
Ibrahim505:
The rates remained stagnant despite the under subscription
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 10:09am On Jul 28, 2022
I'm doing well longest time grin grin, we are still employing...we need casters and gardeners incase you are interested...how your side na..as in as bbn have started?
Lazyyouth4u:

Xiaoli how far na? grin

How the family? Your Uber nko? You don finally repair your pencil light Camry? Try fix am sharply before hunger finish your family o grin

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 11:24am On Jul 28, 2022
jedisco:

The kneejerk reaction by consumers who are speculating is not the reason we're here. Rather what they're doing is a consequence of past macro events.

When CBN was rapidly issuing short-term TBs at rates well over 10%, did we bother to ask how the government will generate revenue to pay back? We all knew the revenue of the government was in decline and the only way they'd pay back was to print more naira yet we kept quiet and enjoyed the largesse.

When DMO and MOF kept issuing eurobonds at rates of close to 10% and coming back to boast that their oversubscription means there is confidence in the market, what did we say? We said the professionals know better. Same forex that foreign governments borrow at negative rates.

Blaming the masses is similar to blaming the victims of the train attack for being kidnapped. Let everyone protect their wealth as they see fit so long they are not committing a crime.

Regarding the bolded, the awesome insanity of those moves still astounds me till today.
I did buy TBs at that time and follow chop the interest, all the while wondering what sort of voodoo economics the CBN was practising, with the highest TB rates in the known world in a government that had only one real source of income - an asset with a fluctuating price.

Venezuelans and Zimbabweans are patiently waiting for us to join their club.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2022
Bottomline, as we follow chop, make we follow suffer am abi?

Cyberknight:

Regarding the bolded, the awesome insanity of those moves still astounds me till today.
I did buy TBs at that time and follow chop the interest, all the while wondering what sort of voodoo economics the CBN was practising, with the highest TB rates in the known world in a government that had only one real source of income - an asset with a fluctuating price.

Venezuelans and Zimbabweans are patiently waiting for us to join their club.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
Came across the below and it made me giggle grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elsueno: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
Lazyyouth4u:

Wetin this one dey yearn? What do you mean by dollar is in recession? Dollar that is currently the strongest currency and getting stronger everyday? Are you okay? angry

Ok, technical recession grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 9:16am On Jul 29, 2022
Lazyyouth4u:

Ahib the audio man wey I expose grin

If to say I no expose your yansh na so you for continue to dey deceive people say you be billionaire LOL

How your truck driving na? Nor just try drive am go east o. After all your insults to igbos, you go hear ween if you drive truck go there ooo grin

Is this ‘Munamoqel’ really Ahiboilngas? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2022
Good Morning to you all..

Hope you are all surviving the hard times and low Treasury Bills rates well!!

Just passing by like i do every now and then.... grin

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akinola98: 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hello People

Is it time to sell off acquired FGN bond ?? Since the FGN claims they are broke so we do not start hearing stories about unpaid coupons

What is your opinion on this pls Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmaodet: 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
skydiver01:
Came across the below and it made me giggle grin grin grin
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.