Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,539 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4459959 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 7:47am On Jan 05, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Dividends are paid around May

Thanks master and welcome back, the fold missed you.

Was thinking it's twice a year for them. But we were promised extra shares after holding for a year, any news about the bonus shares.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Dividends are paid around May

Chief Emmanuel ...Welcome Back We missed you here .....i hope others too will come back to this thread and make it lively once again

Happy New Year Everyone

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
abraolas1:

Chief Emmanuel ...Welcome Back We missed you here .....i hope others too will come back to this thread and make it lively once again

Happy New Year Everyone

I have always been around to comments

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
How do I calculate 182 days treasury bills
Someone should assist
For instance if I’m to invest 2m
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
RayRay06677:
Compliment of the season, please any idea when MTN will be paying dividend? What was arrived at during last meeting. Abi nothing to share?

The last meeting of MTN was an EGM for shareholders to give approval for the cancellation of their unissued shares. AGM will come up later this year after the audited result is released no later than 31st March 2023. Then shareholders can now be expecting dividends around that late April or May.

Meanwhile, if you hold your public offer shares you bought till the end of January which makes it a year or so after the offer, it was assured during the meeting that the bonus shares promised will be credited to your cscs account. But remember it's not instant. So long you qualify just wait after all regulatory protocols it will be credited.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 4:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
Horlartunes:
Someone should assist

2m at what percentage?

This is how I do mine. Let's use 9% for example.

2m ÷ 100 = 20k x 9 = 180k ÷ 364 days (a year) = 494.505495 x182 days = N90,000

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
freeman67:

2m at what percentage?

This is how I do mine. Let's use 9% for example.

2m ÷ 100 = 20k x 9 = 180k ÷ 364 days (a year) = 494.505495 x182 days = N90,000

I check on cbn and I’m seeing 7 percentage

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:01am On Jan 06, 2023
emmasoft:

The last meeting of MTN was an EGM for shareholders to give approval for the cancellation of their unissued shares. AGM will come up later this year after the audited result is released no later than 31st March 2023. Then shareholders can now be expecting dividends around that late April or May.

Meanwhile, if you hold your public offer shares you bought till the end of January which makes it a year or so after the offer, it was assured during the meeting that the bonus shares promised will be credited to your cscs account. But remember it's not instant. So long you qualify just wait after all regulatory protocols it will be credited.

Thanks boss.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:12am On Jan 06, 2023
Horlartunes:
Someone should assist

Principal * rate*time =interest

Principal is 2m
Time is 182 divided by 365 which is 0.4986
Rate wasn't stated so we take 12% whiçh is 12 divided by 100 which is 0.12

Interest is 2m*0.4986*0.12=119,664

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
skydiver01:
Kindly find below todays NTB auction results.. Interesting.. stop rates have fallen two or three consecutive times which have boded well for bond prices wink

Can you imagine? cry

I was already dreaming of 15% and above.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2023
Seun:
What kind of nonsense is this? I thought they were raising rates?

Doesn't make any sense. I thought they were trying to curb spending and mop up liquidity, wth Mpr at 16.5, one of the highest ever.

Well let's see what the next auction brings.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Amex2018: 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2023
Please can i speak with you to get clarity on this?

ibechris:

I have been using ARM invest since 2013...they are extremely great. Withdrawal is swift and quick. It does not exceed 6hours and daily crediting of your earned interest is also fast.
And their customer care calls almost all the time to know if u have problem relating to your account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2023
Amex2018:
Please can i speak with you to get clarity on this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ibechris2:

I defended him when he hadn't delved into tribalistic jabs but when he got to that point...I personally,rebuked him and knew who he was.

I am very sure I have defended u on many occasions here when the right things were said but anytime u went off the radar or personal too, I usually stand against it.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 12:03am On Jan 10, 2023
yungestmoney:
Hello everyone
How can I check for my sukkuk bond subscription?
I subscribed through FBNQuest & this is my first attempt with Bond.
��

It's my first time too and i subscribed through fbnquest likewise but yet to receive any acknowledgement from them even after writing them a mail. I checked my CSCS statement today but nothing listed yet. Anyone with info on how this work?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by newcommer: 2:02am On Jan 10, 2023
Investment nairalanders, happy new year.
Please who has been able to buy index funds on Fidelity from Nigeria?
Could you work me through the steps please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:06am On Jan 10, 2023
Foodempire:

It's my first time too and i subscribed through fbnquest likewise but yet to receive any acknowledgement from them even after writing them a mail. I checked my CSCS statement today but nothing listed yet. Anyone with info on how this work?

Send a mail to the issuing house of the offer
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shegoon: 10:11am On Jan 10, 2023
Bro! Is it same ARM pension/insurance?
ibechris:

I have been using ARM invest since 2013...they are extremely great. Withdrawal is swift and quick. It does not exceed 6hours and daily crediting of your earned interest is also fast.
And their customer care calls almost all the time to know if u have problem relating to your account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 10:12am On Jan 10, 2023
shegoon:
Bro! Is it same ARM pension/insurance?

Investment arm of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 10:32am On Jan 10, 2023
Anything ARM run for your life.
They made me lose significant amount of money and i am still losing significant amount of money.
They made me go into depression at some point in the past years.
I won't say more than that.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by baroun04(m): 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
Arm has changed terribly, now you have a personalized nuban number for deposit which is better but there is a charge to it of 0.05%, that means you're going to leave the funds there for some time weather your loosing of gaining inorder to regain your capital

And their customer care calls almost all the time to know if u have problem relating to your account.[/quote]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wakemeup: 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2023
Got an email from Afrinvest for commercial paper for daraju investment Ltd. I haven never done CP before only Tbills. Any advice fam?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
Please any details about Nigerian breweries CP??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
Wakemeup:
Got an email from Afrinvest for commercial paper for daraju investment Ltd. I haven never done CP before only Tbills. Any advice fam?
They will give you a set of documents for you to do your due diligence.
The answer lies in those document.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
baroun04:
Arm has changed terribly, now you have a personalized nuban number for deposit which is better but there is a charge to it of 0.05%, that means you're going to leave the funds there for some time weather your loosing of gaining inorder to regain your capital

Please is ARM mmf rate always higher than StanbicIBTC?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 9:48am On Jan 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Send a mail to the issuing house of the offer

Thanks a bunch, I've received the allotment letter but wonder why it's yet to be listed on my CSCS, hopefully soon.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 10:33am On Jan 12, 2023
An alternative to using dollars as a hedge against a weak and volatile currency would be to invest in assets such as silver, gold, or land. The dollar is not always considered a safe haven as it can also be affected by economic and political factors.

There are a few reasons why some people prefer to keep their reserves in assets such as silver, gold, or land rather than dollars. One reason is that these assets have historically held their value over time, whereas the value of a dollar can fluctuate based on economic conditions and government monetary policy.

Additionally, some people believe that owning physical assets such as gold or land can provide a sense of security and stability in uncertain economic times.

Additionally, some people believe that keeping reserves in physical assets can be a hedge against inflation and currency devaluation. However, it's also worth noting that these assets also come with their own risks, and the decision of whether to invest in them should be based on an individual's financial goals and risk tolerance.

There are risks associated with keeping reserves in assets such as silver, gold, or land. One risk is that these assets can be difficult to value and their prices can be highly volatile. Their prices are also affected by a variety of factors, such as global economic conditions, political events, and supply and demand.

Another risk is that physical assets such as gold or silver can be stolen or lost, and land can be subject to natural disasters or other forms of damage.

Another risk is that these assets may not generate any income or cash flow, unlike stocks or bonds, which can generate dividends or interest. This means that an investor would need to sell their assets to access the funds.

Also, these assets are not as liquid as cash or publicly traded assets, which can make it difficult to sell them quickly in an emergency.

It's important to weigh the potential benefits against the risks when considering whether to keep reserves in assets such as silver, gold, or land.
-- ChatGPT

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2023
yinkaoke:
Please any details about Nigerian breweries CP??
As seen online..
What is the rate?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 12:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
DigitalMallam:

As seen online..
What is the rate?
I second this question,
What is the rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emumakpo: 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2023
Wapgod:

I second this question,
What is the rate?
NB commercial paper rate

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
Goodday honourable investors.

This is my first time investing in CP.

Please I will like to clarify something, if should invest 5m for 90days...those it means I get interest of 650k.

Please senior investors your contributions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
mickky22:
Goodday honourable investors.

This is my first time investing in CP.

Please I will like to clarify something, if should invest 5m for 90days...those it means I get interest of 650k.

Please senior investors your contributions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

U are wrong!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.