Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4442222 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 11:58pm On Jan 18, 2023
Stan2330:

Risevest
What I have learnt is to be careful of platforms that promise a certain rate of return .
There is no government bond that currently yields 15% in foreign currency so I'll be careful. Risevest also invests and manages stocks on behalf of their customers. No investor in US stocks had a good 2022, even worse for those who invest in Crypto and tech stocks. Yet, Risevst posted positive returns to customers.

I started using Risevest some years ago when the returns were around 8%. Now that I see 15%, I am suspicious and just pulled out. I have been taught to dislike free lunch.

The return of money trumps the return on money.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bfn1: 12:55am On Jan 19, 2023
Olaide1295:
"...The return of money trumps the return on money."
Safety. grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Apitch(m): 10:57am On Jan 19, 2023
Olaide1295:

What I have learnt is to be careful of platforms that promise a certain rate of return .
There is no government bond that currently yields 15% in foreign currency so I'll be careful. Risevest also invests and manages stocks on behalf of their customers. No investor in US stocks had a good 2022, even worse for those who invest in Crypto and tech stocks. Yet, Risevst posted positive returns to customers.

I started using Risevest some years ago when the returns were around 8%. Now that I see 15%, I am suspicious and just pulled out. I have been taught to dislike free lunch.

The return of money trumps the return on money.

For information purposes please, Risevest did not post a positive return for stocks but a 22% loss. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
Latestreport1:

2million
When I ask him about Fixed deposit and TB he was discouraging me, saying Fixed deposit is less that 3 percent TB 100m above.

Maybe I met the wrong person, because he was trying to convince me to invest on Sanlem insurance with 5% yearly. 100k interest on 2million.

Open account with stanbic Bank and move your money there.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
iamrichiefola:
Hello Guys,

Please, does anyone know any low-risk investment (maybe a very trusted fintech app or something) platform in Nigeria that can pay up to 15%PA returns?

I do Branch international. Their rate makes sense. Research about them.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pesuzok(m): 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
iamrichiefola:
Hello Guys,

Please, does anyone know any low-risk investment (maybe a very trusted fintech app or something) platform in Nigeria that can pay up to 15%PA returns?

FCMB Gro gives 12%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 7:11am On Jan 20, 2023
iamrichiefola:
Hello Guys,

Go to first ally asset mgt.
Their mutual fund premium is at 16% while classic is 14.15%
U can search them online. They are in Lagos,Abuja and Portharcourt.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lskolapo: 8:48am On Jan 20, 2023
feelamong:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1354359_NTB_jpg9d4cae535bd0bde1399af69caf610bc5

Treasury Bills! Why It Is The Best Investment For Now:

A lot of people have been asking for some time what Tbills are all about and where they could buy the bills from,

This thread is dedicated for all issues related to Treasury Bills, their going rates, when Auctions are due and why they should be bought,

I am not a Finance person, am just a trader who was lucky to work in one financial insitution years back so I might not be the best person to answer questions on this as they come, But am sure we have a lot of financial gurus with CFAs in this Forum and all our questions would be answered,

https://koins.page/a9ud
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by multibalotel: 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2023
Pillow gives rates up to 14% on usd
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2023
14 percent? Even the US treasury bills will not give you that. Most eurobond never exceed 6%. Guys should be careful.
multibalotel:
Pillow gives rates up to 14% on usd

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by codedcoder: 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
Hello House,

I am not new here, having invested during the treasury bill days of 18%, I can say I have benefited from this thread but now I need some advice.
I just got a job in Poland and the work permit has been sent to me, as a software engineer I have dreamt of getting a second leg in a country in Europe and now this happened (a dream came through)

But then, the salary is small compared to what I am currently earning as a remote engineer.
Since it has always been my dream I have decided to give it a shot , get the PR and probably come back to Nigeria and now the thought of getting a house before leaving sets in. The total cash I have is 97m aside the investment in shares which is around 10m and also the pension worth 8m I don't have any other property even a car.

Therefore I have been in the lookout for a house in Lagos but those that meets my standard are between 50-60 million.

Please experts in the house, is it a smart decision to spend such amount of money in property at this point.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TopFxManager: 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
You might be interested in what we offer. We promise a target of average 5-20%+ monthly profit on your savings/investment. Funds in a secured government licensed, audited, and regulated forex brokerage firm. You can monitor your savings/investment anywhere you are in the world 24/7 using any internet-enabled device by logging into your trader/client’s cabinet. Deposits/withdrawals are 100% controlled by the investor (We only have access to trade your account through the PAMM trading platform and are not given access to withdraw). You are free to test us with any amount you can comfortably risk before saving/investing fully with us.

We are giving to the market back to back, and heaven will not fall. Even if heaven falls now, we will be happy that it was in our time that heaven came down. For more information visit the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7349176/worlds-most-consistently-profitable-forex

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:
Hello House,

I am not new here, having invested during the treasury bill days of 18%, I can say I have benefited from this thread but now I need some advice.
I just got a job in Poland and the work permit has been sent to me, as a software engineer I have dreamt of getting a second leg in a country in Europe and now this happened (a dream came through)

But then, the salary is small compared to what I am currently earning as a remote engineer.
Since it has always been my dream I have decided to give it a shot , get the PR and probably come back to Nigeria and now the thought of getting a house before leaving sets in. The total cash I have is 97m aside the investment in shares which is around 10m and also the pension worth 8m I don't have any other property even a car.

Therefore I have been in the lookout for a house in Lagos but those that meets my standard are between 50-60 million.

Please experts in the house, is it a smart decision to spend such amount of money in property at this point.

Hello, I am also a Software Engineer

I don't think it is wise going for a Job in Poland with a much lower salary you are getting from your remote job, first of all the cost of living in Poland is much higher and you will be getting a much lower salary, what's the catch there, even people in America are looking for remote work that can allow them live anywhere in the world, they just travel with a country with good security, electricity with a good cost of living

Please rethink your decision, you will loose you the freedom and buying power

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2023
richforever123:

Hello, I am also a Software Engineer

I don't think it is wise going for a Job in Poland with a much lower salary you are getting from your remote job, first of all the cost of living in Poland is much higher and you will be getting a much lower salary, what's the catch there, even people in America are looking for remote work that can allow them live anywhere in the world, they just travel with a country with good security, electricity with a good cost of living

Please rethink your decision, you will loose you the freedom and buying power

He said he wants Polish PR.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Regex: 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:
Hello House,

Use it buy house in Poland. You will not regret it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by codedcoder: 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2023
LordAdam16:

He said he wants Polish PR.

-Lord

No, not Poland PR , the plan is to move to Germany from Poland in the next one year. I got a job in Germany in 2020 but could not secure appointment with the embassy in Nigeria to apply for visa. No once I get to Poland I would have access to more Jobs since I would be living in the EU and from there I can move to Poland or Portugal. As you know once you lived in EU for five years you can get PR

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
codedcoder:

No, not Poland PR , the plan is to move to Germany from Poland in the next one year. I got a job in Germany in 2020 but could not secure appointment with the embassy in Nigeria to apply for visa. No once I get to Poland I would have access to more Jobs since I would be living in the EU and from there I can move to Poland or Portugal. As you know once you lived in EU for five years you can get PR

Not a bad plan IMHO.

Per investment, I think Ahib's suggestion in your OG thread is good. Buy an apartment block, keep one unit for yourself, but have a property manager offer it up for short-term rentals.

That said, looking at global macroeconomics, you should exercise extra care before pulling the trigger on anything. A recession is on its way. Which means those flush with cash will have lots of assets to purchase at cut-prices. From stocks to real estate. Keep that in mind.

Best of luck and safe travels!

-Lord

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2023
LordAdam16:

Not a bad plan IMHO.

Per investment, I think Ahib's suggestion in your OG thread is good. Buy an apartment block, keep one unit for yourself, but have a property manager offer it up for short-term rentals.

That said, looking at global macroeconomics, you should exercise extra care before pulling the trigger on anything. A recession is on its way. Which means those flush with cash will have lots of assets to purchase at cut-prices. From stocks to real estate. Keep that in mind.

Best of luck and safe travels!

-Lord
Link to Ahibs response please. I always liked his perspective on investing.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2023
codedcoder:

Whatever decision you take. Kindly update us in retrospect. Some of us are in similar situation.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 11:47am On Jan 22, 2023
Olaide1295:

https://www.nairaland.com/7535216/he-wants-buy-house-before#120258578

-Lord
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2023
Well folks, it looks like I might be heading off to the great unknown for a while. During my time in solitary confinement, your posts were like a soothing chorus that kept me entertained and motivated to keep pushing forward in this tough life. I appreciate each and every one of you, even the ones who disagreed with me, you made my time less dull. But let's be real, I'll probably be back, it's not like they can keep a good man down, right? (or is it?)

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2023
ositadima1:
Well folks, it looks like I might be heading off to the great unknown for a while. During my time in solitary confinement, your posts were like a soothing chorus that kept me entertained and motivated to keep pushing forward in this tough life. I appreciate each and every one of you, even the ones who disagreed with me, you made my time less dull. But let's be real, I'll probably be back, it's not like they can keep a good man down, right? (or is it?)

this message is like forex trading or bitcoin to me, e no clear. Speak up brother
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2023
[q
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2023
Olaide1295:

Ahib is very good at that though .....i would like to see oga emma perspective on the question too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tohmey(m): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2023
Have anyone here used Pilow Fund to invest? If yes, what is your review. . .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Breaking news

MPC raise rate to 17.5%
This is good news for mutual funds

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by anongai247: 1:40pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hello my bosses in the building.. Please I want to know which of the traditional banks in Nigeria has the highest interest rate for mmf. Thanks for your help in anticipation sirs.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
Traditional banks don't do MMF. Their Investment banking arms (where they exist) do.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Votex2022: 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2023
I beg oh, why is the daily return not showing again stanbic mmf again. I have been refreshing my app and last updated statement is December 31st,2023
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
abraolas1:

Ahib is very good at that though .....i would like to see oga emma perspective on the question too.

My views will be controversial na.

Why should I have more than 30% of my networth in an illiquid asset?

If he must invest in real estate, he should not invest more than N35 million.

My opinion though.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
Votex2022:
I beg oh, why is the daily return not showing again stanbic mmf again. I have been refreshing my app and last updated statement is December 31st,2023

The daily returns is there.

I think Stanbuc IBTC has gone back to the normal MMF tradition of accuring daily returns to be paid or reinvested at the end of each quarter.

After you login to the app, select mmf and click view account.
You will see current interest which is your daily returns from January 1st to date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.