Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:00 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4505936 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (2242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

No idea.

Hope you are also into the stock market the upside enjoyed from January till date is crazy

Mentor, I only did MTN and not regretting it till date, since it was my first, I only bought few millions worth. Waiting for next auction.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
cos Bastard don't really have people .sons of a 1000 father's. ( watch the Good Bad and ugly)

It is just shameful that Nigeria will always have to depend on people like this for progress in the name of BVAS and election. Omo, this one is ready to vote a stone from Northern Nigeria than have any sane person from another region as president.

You are a shame to your generation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2023
vacanci:

if you have the option to either invest ur fund in sukuk at 16% or Dangote Sugar shares at current price, which would be the choice, considering the merger soon to come for Gote food

Haba, you are not a learner nah?

Dangote Sugar, and then sell some after the merger to buy fixed income investment

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2023
RayRay06677:

Mentor, I only did MTN and not regretting it till date, since it was my first, I only bought few millions worth. Waiting for next auction.

Don't you have a Stockbroking account?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:20am On Oct 02, 2023
oluayebenz:

You are truly a bastard

Ahib was actually right.

Another ronu criminal that would rather have a dead demagogue from his tribe as president than have a sane human with complete senses to change his fortune.

You are a shame to your generation. Give him a sane genius from Canada (a country he has been hustling day and night to run to) and a dead body from his tribe, he will vote the dead body.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2023
oluayebenz:

Thunder fire you there.....
You are one of the idiott that started the issue here, you will be dragging the man and expect him to keep mute for you.

Foo.lish people everywhere.

The man land? LMAO grin grin

I am dragging Nigerian governors, sire.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 8:24am On Oct 02, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Don't you have a Stockbroking account?

I do but can't predict hence don't indulge, took worthy risk with mtn and got lucky.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vacanci: 8:25am On Oct 02, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Haba, you are not a learner nah?

Dangote Sugar, and then sell some after the merger to buy fixed income investment

oh yes boss. We need to engage positively and dilute negative energies here. Any investment discuss right now should help

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2023
Acidosis:

The man land? LMAO grin grin

I am dragging Nigerian governors, sire.

What's funny.... Nitwit
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:26am On Oct 02, 2023
oluayebenz:

You better find something to do with your miserable life...

This Oloriburubu is everywhere.

Bastard

The good thing about my life is that my past is better than the future of your generations to come. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
the production is to low to make any impact on Market share . 60m tonne need . BUA 17M it will create rent seeking business Men again (subsides) only Dangote group can drag prices up or down . Control over 70 percent of the Markets volume .BUA is playing politics ( free Markets and Emotion don't mix ) Tinibu is learning the hard way . I will not make any positive contribution to this thread any more

you are right in my opinion. he doesn't have the capacity to disrupt the market. It's all politics and battle to bring down value for competitors.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:29am On Oct 02, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

BUA has a return on capital employed of 20%.

Dangote cement has about 50%.

Lafarge has 20%.

The net debt of Bua in 2022 was N260 billion.

Capex/sale 30%. 5% and below is better

Capex/Operating Cash Flow is 70%. Just 30% left as free cash flow.

Free cash flow/net income of 40%. Meaning just 40% of the earning was converted to FCF. I look at businesses with a minimum of 80% conversion rate

Even with this 95% the net income was paid as dividend.

With a free cash flow of N42 billion, the business should not have paid more than N34billion as dividend or 80% of the free cash flow, but the company paid a dividend of about N100 billion.

Meaning money was borrowed to pay dividends and yet dividend yield was about 3%

Well, it may not be that bad. Remember that the company has had three cement plants under construction by a Chinese company.

I also read somewhere that the plants are almost complete and will come online in the first quarter of next year. This will bring its production up to 17 million metric tons.

So, the capex was put to good use and may likely drop sharply next year. Did you consider all of this in your calculations?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2023
oluayebenz:

So you are happy with that kind of unfortunate life you are living?
Seems I'm exchanging words with a dunce.

Bastard

Apart from calling people bast@rd, unfortunate, yhen yhen yhen, what else do you have in your head, please?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2023
RayRay06677:

I do but can't predict hence don't indulge, took worthy risk with mtn and got lucky.

You don't just buy a stock and forget about it. You need to buy regularly either daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually depending on your cash flow.

Some investors Investment income is higher than their annual salary or annually profit from their small businesses.

The good thing about it, is that if you have high quality stocks they are acceptable as collateral for loans that can be used for personal needs and business expansion

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 8:32am On Oct 02, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
the production is to low to make any impact on Market share . 60m tonne need . BUA 17M it will create rent seeking business Men again (subsides) only Dangote group can drag prices up or down . Control over 70 percent of the Markets volume .BUA is playing politics ( free Markets and Emotion don't mix ) Tinibu is learning the hard way . I will not make any positive contribution to this thread any more

Please don't.

Just be ignoring those foo.lish people.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:34am On Oct 02, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

BUA has a return on capital employed of 20%.

Dangote cement has about 50%.

Lafarge has 20%.

The net debt of Bua in 2022 was N260 billion.

Capex/sale 30%. 5% and below is better

Capex/Operating Cash Flow is 70%. Just 30% left as free cash flow.

Free cash flow/net income of 40%. Meaning just 40% of the earning was converted to FCF. I look at businesses with a minimum of 80% conversion rate

Even with this 95% the net income was paid as dividend.

With a free cash flow of N42 billion, the business should not have paid more than N34billion as dividend or 80% of the free cash flow, but the company paid a dividend of about N100 billion.

Meaning money was borrowed to pay dividends and yet dividend yield was about 3%

he maintains a Free floating share volume of less than 3% in both cement and food. He controls the share price and pumps it when he likes. Look at BUA Foods as an example. The fundamentals that made it drive to over N200 per unit does not add up.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2023
ositadima1:

Well, it may not be that bad. Remember that the company has had three cement plants under construction by a Chinese company.

I also read somewhere that the plants are almost complete and will come online in the first quarter of next year. This will bring its production up to 17 million metric tons.

So, the capex was put to good use and may likely drop sharply next year. Did you consider all of this in your calculations?

It is not all growth that creates Economic Value Added, especially when the earnings are not of top quality.

BUA cement should not have paid a dividend of over N1.00 per share. Borrowing to pay the dividend is part of the playing to the gallery
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:36am On Oct 02, 2023
oluayebenz:

Ask your miserable father.

Bastard

You have been throwing the word father around, carelessly. Are you sure you have a father??

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:39am On Oct 02, 2023
Someone that overhyped Buhari and Tinubu is bragging about not making any meaningful contributions on the thread again. Shey that statement na threat?? grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DrAkpamudehe: 8:40am On Oct 02, 2023
MODS , close this thread now, before things get out of hand. Close the f*king thread.

Cc Dominique mukina2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:40am On Oct 02, 2023
unite4real:

he maintains a Free floating share volume of less than 3% in both cement and food. He controls the share price and pumps it when he likes. Look at BUA Foods as an example. The fundamentals that made it drive to over N200 per unit does not add up.

It is a bubble waiting to happen, enjoy it while it lasts.

Since he has over 95% of the company, out of the purported N100 billion dividend declared by BUA cement in 2022.

He might just decide to pay a dividend of about N5 billion to the retail investors and he might forget his own dividends until the business is financially stable
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2023
oluayebenz:

So you are pained?
Do you even understand why Ahib called you a bastard?
With your responses and post, I also figured it and I can reconfirmed that you are truly a bastard.

I'm a bastard because I refused to join you and other ronu criminals to drag Peter Obi and erosion ravaged IPOB over your inability to invest in treasury bills after Buhari from northern Nigeria dealt with you and your slave masters for 8 solid years??

Hand over your phone to your youngest kid. I would rather have this chat with him, because your are innately and irredeemably senseless.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:52am On Oct 02, 2023
oluayebenz:

I can see your pain 😁

Reason why you are derailing thread for those that are still investing and making ways where you foool thinks there's no way.

Go get a life bastard

To get any further response from me:

Hand over your phone to your youngest kid. I would rather have this chat with him, because your are innately and irredeemably senseless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 8:54am On Oct 02, 2023
Acidosis:

To get any further response from me:

Better you go silence from this thread forever....

Bastard
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vacanci: 8:58am On Oct 02, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

It is not all growth that creates Economic Value Added, especially when the earnings are not of top quality.

BUA cement should not have paid a dividend of over N1.00 per share. Borrowing to pay the dividend is part of the playing to the gallery

does the regulator permit this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (2242) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.