Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437025 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 3:08pm On Mar 12
athorello:

How do I start tbills, I have 2 meters lying fallow in Stanbic. cry lipsrsealed

Approach your bank or. Account manager and tell them you want to buy treasury bill.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 3:14pm On Mar 12
freemindcity:

Please how do you do it ecobank is doing me as if they do not understand what is tbill

Move your funds to another bank if they don’t want to invest for you. Life no hard

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DonnyE(m): 5:57pm On Mar 12
Hello, please Stanbic charged me additional 10k plus as 'safekeep' charge for T.B of just 2M. I have been investing in T.B and I am shocked at this. Is it normal please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blkmum700: 6:01pm On Mar 12
freemindcity:

Please how do you do it ecobank is doing me as if they do not understand what is tbill

Maybe you asked at the customer service, when you get there, go directly to the marketing desk and ask them there.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 7:10pm On Mar 12
enque:

sorry to ask this but how is investment one able to do 23.58%?
What I'd advice is take advantage of the rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bonjovi13: 9:10pm On Mar 12
[quote author=DonnyE post=128905283]Hello, please Stanbic charged me additional 10k plus as 'safekeep' charge for T.B of just 2M. I have been investing in T.B and I am shocked at this. Is it normal please?[/quote

Thats quote unusual.
What's Stanbic Ibtc's rate for 91 days @ the secondary market today?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 11:24am On Mar 13
Just now

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 12:21pm On Mar 13
DonnyE:
Hello, please Stanbic charged me additional 10k plus as 'safekeep' charge for T.B of just 2M. I have been investing in T.B and I am shocked at this. Is it normal please?

That's a lot. Mine was just 5400 for 10m
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 4:42pm On Mar 13
Auction Result. 21% crazy.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 5:49pm On Mar 13
Nakedman:

Are you looking at the allotment for 365 days?

They sold 1.2 trillion last week. Many bids will fail.

How far with those who were reliably informed there's no auction this week cheesy

Never rely on what you're told in the bank. Those guys are notorious for not checking their mails.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 5:56pm On Mar 13
Akerewe:
Just now

Run ooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 6:10pm On Mar 13
Nakedman:

What's the real motive behind this high interest rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 6:31pm On Mar 13
Acidosis:

It's working. Far less naira is chasing the dollar. Dollar will need to move from 1600 to 2000 for it to be better than current TB rates within the next one year.

What I don't seem to understand is this. They mop up the money this year, are they also going to mop it up next year with high interest rates when it matures?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:20pm On Mar 13
Central Bank Trims Treasury Bills Rate by 0.37% as Investors Offer N1.5trn
https://businesspost.ng/economy/central-bank-trims-treasury-bills-rate-by-0-37-as-investors-offer-n1-5trn/

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:23pm On Mar 13
Itsrm:

It's working. Far less naira is chasing the dollar. Dollar will need to move from 1600 to 2000 for it to be better than current TB rates within the next one year.

How so? $1 is currently over N1,600.

What I don't seem to understand is this. They mop up the money this year, are they also going to mop it up next year with high interest rates when it matures?

Interesting question. I'm wondering what the FG/CBN intends to do with the trillions of Naira though.

Although I don't agree that mopping up Naira through FDs or bonds can curb inflation in a country like Nigeria, I get the whole textbook justification for mopping up funds. But, I'm just wondering what would be done with this cash.

Sometime in 2022, The Cable reported in a caption that "FG to repay N20trn 'Ways and Means' loans with treasury bills." During the same regime, FG also reported using TBs for infrastructure.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by debbydee(f): 7:31pm On Mar 13
Nakedman:

Good evening . Congrats on this. What do you suggest I do as I was not able to get the primary offer.
Should I go ahead with the secondary rate?

Thanks.

Also what bank did you use?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 8:50pm On Mar 13
debbydee:

Good evening . Congrats on this. What do you suggest I do as I was not able to get the primary offer.

Thanks.

The secondary rate is not that bad plus there's no guarantee your bid will be successful if you wait for the next auction.

If I were you though, I'll wait another two weeks and take my chances but it's up to you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 8:55pm On Mar 13
Acidosis:

How so? $1 is currently over N1,600.

Interesting question. I'm wondering what the FG/CBN intends to do with the trillions of Naira though.

Although I don't agree that mopping up Naira through FDs or bonds can curb inflation in a country like Nigeria, I get the whole textbook justification for mopping up funds. But, I'm just wondering what would be done with this cash.

Sometime in 2022, The Cable reported in a caption that "FG to repay N20trn 'Ways and Means' loans with treasury bills." During the same regime, FG also reported using TBs for infrastructure.

The rate has been stable. And I can confirm that a lot of people are diverting money meant for dollar purchase to Tbills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 9:50pm On Mar 13
Itsrm:

The rate has been stable. And I can confirm that a lot of people are diverting money meant for dollar purchase to Tbills.

💯
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 9:52pm On Mar 13
Acidosis:

Run ooo

Run for what pls enlighte us!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:54pm On Mar 13
Itsrm:

I see. I was hoping the fx rates will improve as fewer Naira notes now chase the dollar. But then, stability is a step in the right direction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:58pm On Mar 13
Akerewe:

Run for what pls enlighte us!

I didn't mean to scare anyone. I'm just not a fan of extended tenures, e.g., 5-20 years.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 5:22am On Mar 14
Itsrm:

Exactly 💯 I am diverting my money meant for USD speculation already to TB but won't accept anything less than 21%

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 10:26am On Mar 14
Acidosis:

To mop naira I guess..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 10:27am On Mar 14
debbydee:

Thanks.

Go with secondary offer.

My advice

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 10:27am On Mar 14
Itsrm:

This is true.. The way people are investing in tbills over the past month is crazy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 10:28am On Mar 14
ogawisdom:

Exactly 💯 I am diverting my money meant for USD speculation already to TB but won't accept anything less than 21%
Secondary market will give you 23.5 fr 257 days as at today's rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 10:42am On Mar 14
Acidosis:

I didn't mean to scare anyone. I'm just not a fan of extended tenures, e.g., 5-20 years.

Ok thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 2:13pm On Mar 14
when is next auction date
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godspeed0: 2:34pm On Mar 14
i though tbill is a year something abi it don turn monthly something everybody just dey ask for next aution make i follow join
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chikebrain: 5:08pm On Mar 14
Godspeed0:
i though tbill is a year something abi it don turn monthly something everybody just dey ask for next aution make i follow join
You can subscribe every 2 weeks for primary market with tenure ranging from 3months to 6 months to 1yr or subscribe daily (Monday to Friday) via the secondary market

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godspeed0: 5:11pm On Mar 14
Chikebrain:

You can subscribe every 2 weeks for primary market with tenure ranging from 3months to 6 months to 1yr or subscribe daily (Monday to Friday) via the secondary market
boss am novice about all this investment stuff i was about to open mmf account which one is better between tbill and mmf

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: playces, Emumakpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.