Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437552 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blkmum700: 10:33am On Mar 19
Odunharry:

Slightly lower rates, Primary market is also longer in tenure(slightly)

Oky thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by enque(f): 10:36am On Mar 19
biznus:

This week? @what rate

2 weeks ago
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by biznus: 10:43am On Mar 19
enque:

2 weeks ago
prevalent rates then btw 16. - 17.% for over 300 days

Last week witnessed as high as 18.%

No updates this week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 11:26am On Mar 19
skydiver01:
2036 FGN bond coupon payment received yesterday. wink

I know that feeling when the money keeps coming in without breaking a sweat. Knowlegde is power grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 11:28am On Mar 19
Dum20:

Stanbic just be doing shakara and be offering 13% for MMF. See their Junior brother dey shake body well.

Don't mind them. Already offloaded from thier mutual funds. Investnow is the worst of them. they are still stuck t 12%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 11:53am On Mar 19
skydiver01:
2036 FGN bond coupon payment received yesterday. wink

I have not received my coupon yet. Should I worry or be patient?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 12:39pm On Mar 19
keeper303:

Is this your first time of getting payment? If no don't worry you will get it. sometimes it take a few days to fully disburse funds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 12:47pm On Mar 19
Nakedman:

Is this your first time of getting payment? If no don't worry you will get it. sometimes it take a few days to fully disburse funds

Thank you. Not my first time. I will wait awhile.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 1:16pm On Mar 19
keeper303:

Calm down, same with me. I swear Ur post reminded me oo. Make we calm down, we go see am.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 12:00am On Mar 20
biznus:
It is done normally like the former plus there's an option for the latter. Your choice.

I guess no one is going for secondary market this week cos no rates is being shared on here. Next week's primary bid things then
Zenith bank offered 19% 364 days secondary market rate on Monday tho. Although I wasn't sure the customer care personell knew what she was checking because she quoted 364 ays
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by biznus: 12:39am On Mar 20
chukzyfcbb:

Zenith bank offered 19% 364 days secondary market rate on Monday tho. Although I wasn't sure the customer care personell knew what she was checking because she quoted 364 ays
I'd go for 19% but I get your point, never heard of 364 days secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 8:07am On Mar 20
Hello House, Has anyone redeem mutual funds from Investnow lately? I submitted my redemption from since Monday and I am yet to be credited. I called them yesterday they told me they are working on it. It's over 48hrs now no credit from them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20
freeman67:

When you open your investnow app, click on that picture side and scroll down down, you will see the 'Contact Us' line. Click on it and it will display all their contacts including their WhatsApp.

Hello Freeman, Do you still use Investnow? I submitted redemption funds for mmf and this people never credit me. I have been seeing complaints.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:00pm On Mar 20
donshady:

Hello Freeman, Do you still use Investnow? I submitted redemption funds for mmf and this people never credit me. I have been seeing complaints.

Yes, I still use them.

What I do in terms of redemption is that, I do the process online and follow it up instantly with mails to their customer service.

Once you redeem online, an automated message is set to you immediately and not long you will be contacted.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 6:44pm On Mar 20
freeman67:

Yes, I still use them.

What I do in terms of redemption is that, I do the process online and follow it up instantly with mails to their customer service.

Once you redeem online, an automated message is set to you immediately and not long you will be contacted.

I called them immediately, I chatted them via WhatsApp, I have called them for 2days consecutively now. I no see money o
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:36pm On Mar 20
donshady:

I called them immediately, I chatted them via WhatsApp, I have called them for 2days consecutively now. I no see money o

That's serious ooo. This is a very disappointing situation. It shouldn't be na. So what are they telling you is the problem?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20
freeman67:

That's serious ooo. This is a very disappointing situation. It shouldn't be na. So what are they telling you is the problem?

That is the mail I got from them after the calls this morning. I just pray I am able to get my funds. It's 72hrs now and no payment just excuses. I'll never use this investments house again. I'll stick to regular banks

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:16am On Mar 21
donshady:

That is the mail I got from them after the calls this morning. I just pray I am able to get my funds. It's 72hrs now and no payment just excuses. I'll never use this investments house again. I'll stick to regular banks

Na wa ooo. I just pray they do the needful today. If it's about getting your funds back you will do. It's just this their unnecessary delay in releasing. Sorry about your experience.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 7:20am On Mar 21
donshady:

I also have the same issue with ucap. Stanbic Ibtc paid me within 2hrs of submitting redemption form. Just 2 hours. It's 3days now. I haven't heard from ucap. That's crazy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 8:03am On Mar 21
freeman67:

Na wa ooo. I just pray they do the needful today. If it's about getting your funds back you will do. It's just this their unnecessary delay in releasing. Sorry about your experience.
Hopefully. Thanks my brother. I'll see how it goes this week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:40am On Mar 21
Nakedman:

I also have the same issue with ucap. Stanbic Ibtc paid me within 2hrs of submitting redemption form. Just 2 hours. It's 3days now. I haven't heard from ucap. That's crazy

For online redemption, Stanbic is the best. Very fast and smooth.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by egojeny1(f): 10:48am On Mar 21
freeman67:

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by biznus: 12:01pm On Mar 21
Investnow.. investment one... What's the difference
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 12:19pm On Mar 21
freeman67:

After calling them again this morning, I finally got paid from United capital. I just deleted the app and moving to stanbic. I’m done with them. Stanbic has been really smooth from deposit to withdrawal.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:31pm On Mar 21
Nakedman:

After calling them again this morning, I finally got paid from United capital. I just deleted the app and moving to stanbic. I’m done with them. Stanbic has been really smooth from deposit to withdrawal.

That's hasty. You should have just left the app there even after moving your funds as you may need it another day. Though, deleting does not mean your account is closed sha. Stanbic had a redemption ceiling of 2.5M back then, anything more will require you to mail and call them which is almost the same process with what you went through. I don't know if it has changed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 12:41pm On Mar 21
freeman67:

That's hasty. You should have just left the app there even after moving your funds as you may need it another day. Though, deleting does not mean your account is closed sha. Stanbic had a redemption ceiling of 2.5M back then, anything more will require you to mail and call them which is almost the same process with what you went through. I don't know if it has changed.

I only use those investment house for mutual funds. I deleted it because their rate is poor and still sitting at 12% since tbills has been at 20%, Whislt the likes of fsdh is at 16.6%.
Most of the time I’m invested in treasury bills. So I do not need them again as I already bid them goodbye. I redeemed 5m from stanbic bank via their app within 2hrs and I got my funds. The other fund I redeemed through their mail because the fund was over 5m took just 3days. That’s enough to keep investing with them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:53pm On Mar 21
Nakedman:

I only use those investment house for mutual funds. I deleted it because their rate is poor and still sitting at 12% since tbills has been at 20%, Whislt the likes of fsdh is at 16.6%.
Most of the time I’m invested in treasury bills. So I do not need them again as I already bid them goodbye. I redeemed 5m from stanbic bank via their app within 2hrs and I got my funds. The other fund I redeemed through their mail because the fund was over 5m took just 3days. That’s enough to keep investing with them.

That's fair enough.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:31pm On Mar 21
Nakedman:

I hope you know there are penalties if you want to terminate your Treasury bill investment before maturity.

MMF rates are going up, the rates are affected by the underlying assets in their portfolio.

I see FSDH MMF getting to 18% in the next 2 to 3 weeks

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 1:46pm On Mar 21
emmanuelewumi:

I hope you know there are penalties if you want to terminate your Treasury bill investment before maturity.

MMF rates are going up, the rates are affected by the underlying assets in their portfolio.

I see FSDH MMF getting to 18% in the next 2 to 3 weeks

I have been doing tbills for over 10years now so I know the penalties. So when I put money in tbills 365days including the upfront payment all stays there. I don’t put emergency funds in tbills. Fsdh improves their rates very quickly.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:56pm On Mar 21
Nakedman:

I have been doing tbills for over 10years now so I know the penalties. So when I put money in tbills 365days including the upfront payment all stays there. I don’t put emergency funds in tbills. Fsdh improves their rates very quickly.

Because fsdh bought more TB at the current rate, this will make the average yield of their portfolio to go up

I hope you remember when TB crashed to less than 10%, most of the MMF were paying 15% and above until about 4 months after that their rates went down to what was offered by TB

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 2:20pm On Mar 21
emmanuelewumi:

Because fsdh bought more TB at the current rate, this will make the average yield of their portfolio to go up

I hope you remember when TB crashed to less than 10%, most of the MMF were paying 15% and above until about 4 months after that their rates went down to what was offered by TB

I think that was 2022. I remember. Both tbills and mutuals find have Thier advantages and disadvantages. Overall mutual fund has an edge because it's easy to pull out funds at anytime without penalties. But with this current rate of tbills, once has to shoot it grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 7:57pm On Mar 21
Please when is the next TB primary market auction?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.