Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,564 members, 7,865,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:29 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4511603 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (2243) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 11:21am On Sep 01, 2018
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 01, 2018
pxjosh:
Good morning people. Is it better to buy T-Bills in bits as the money comes or just allow the money to gather before buying in large quantity?

As money comes, you buy in secondary market and set a determination point where you add it all and hit 364 days at primary market. That way you make every interest available in the market.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2018
This is a wonderful advice

Barrytone:

As money comes, you buy in secondary market and set a determination point where you add it all and hit 364 days at primary market. That way you make every interest available in the market.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
moneywoman74:

Yes, same thing was told to me by one of their staff, i am still saving to make up 1m.
so it's true then
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
Please I have a question.can I buy frm the Secondary market on Monday?? and what are they disadvantage??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NobodyKnows(m): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2018
Good luck
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
NobodyKnows:
It is not true. Those staff are terrible liars. Cc Moneywoman74 Moses247
this was sent to u June 12? is change not constant Again?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
NobodyKnows:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
NobodyKnows:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2018
who even investing 100k in tbills, its better to use that money to start a good profitable bussiness.
tbill are only good for those investing in million, 5-50millions wink wetin i know self, let me come and be going

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NobodyKnows(m): 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
Moses247:

So ,they will now decide to change it from a hundred thousand naira to A million naira
I don’t want to go through the stress of sending them a mail again .
Meanwhile,I don’t have a first bank account .
Good luck with your one million naira minimum .
I’m deleting the post now .
All the best to you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NobodyKnows(m): 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2018
janga:
who even investing 100k in tbills, its better to use that money to start a good profitable bussiness.
tbill are only good for those investing in million, 5-50millions wink wetin i know self, let me come and be going

Oga, swerve
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2018
Abeg someone should guide me on how to purchase t. b via Secondary market, the rate and it disadvantage?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Strongtech: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2018
hello, please i am writing a proposal on treasury bills in Nigeria. what are the benefits of a bank having its own treasury bills calculator. someone help me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2018
Oma255:
Those using other banks and crying for lesser rate, what did you guys expect?

If you’ve been following the page, you should know better by now.

If it’s not any of the banks below, forget it.
1st. STANBIC IBTC
2nd. FBN
3rd. GTB

Just my 2 kobo...

i used eco bank for 241 days @ 11.5%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2018
Hmmmmmmm.
Apart from the descerning investors, all others were caught unawares in last Wednesday Treasury Bills Auction.

A lot of banks got their bids but most of them bidded low compared with the stop rates because they could not see the increase coming.
The signs were there but only the descerning investors could see it.

The CBN before the auction indicated that they were going to offer far more than the maturing bills for the 91-day tenor. The maturing amount was about N4billion but CBN offered N24billion while reducing the 182-day tenor and offering the same maturing amount for the 364-day tenor which also indicated that they needed to borrow more from the market than previous auctions but banks that were not skillful enough in Treasury Bills failed to seize that opportunity to increase their bid rate and at the end of the day, they got the low bids they asked for while the discerning ones got close to the stop rates.

That's why it's always better to go with the banks that mostly get their bids close to CBN stop rates like Stambic, First Bank and GTB.

while some banks got their bids through at about 10.8%-11.5%, the descerning ones got theirs at between 12.5 & the stop rate of 13% for the 364-day tenor and some customers who do not understand think that they were short changed grin grin grin

See the attachment below:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2018
TONY56:
Hmmmmmmm.
Apart from the descerning investors, all others were caught unawares in last Wednesday Treasury Bills Auction.

A lot of banks got their bids but most of them bidded low compared with the stop rates because they could not see the increase coming.

The CBN before the auction indicated that they were going to offer far more than the maturing bills for the auction which also indicated that they needed to borrow more from the market but banks that were not skillful enough in Treasury Bills failed to seize that opportunity to increase their bid rate and at the end of the day, they got the low bids they asked for while the discerning ones got close to the stop rates.

That's why it's always better to go with the banks that usually get their bids close to CBN stop rates like Stambic, First Bank and GTB.

while some banks got their bids through at about 10.8%, the descerning ones got theirs at between 12.5 & the stop rate of 13% and some customers who do not understand think that they were short changed grin grin grin
Oga Tony,
I have been humbly waiting for your analysis..
Welcome sir...!!!!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2018
Gavrelino123:

I just got debitted GTBANK.....11.6%@ 195 days..
At least it's manageable other than waiting for an unpredictable Bi-week.

I will call my account officer on Monday. If i cannot get above 300 or close to it, i might have to try Stanbic. I also have a Stanbic TB maturing on September 13. School resumption is not leaving me enough room to maneuver.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Oga Tony,
Welcome sir...!!!!!!

Yes sir.
I have always been with you all on the thread but decided to be an observer. A lot of comments and over-repeated questions really pushed me to that status so that I would not offend anyone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
NL1960:

I will call my account officer on Monday. If i cannot get above 300 or close to it, i might have to try Stanbic. I also have a Stanbic TB maturing on September 13. School resumption is not leaving me enough room to maneuver.
It's better you go in person,if you want to get an effective result.
They might decide to tell you anything on phone,but if you are present,the case will be different..!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:00pm On Sep 01, 2018
TONY56:

Yes sir.
I have always been with you all on the thread but decided to be an observer. A lot of comments and over-repeated questions really pushed me to that status so that I would not offend anyone.
That's true,thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
TONY56:
Hmmmmmmm.

The CBN before the auction indicated that they were going to offer far more than the maturing bills for the 91-day tenor. The maturing amount was about N4billion but CBN offered N24billion while reducing the 182-day tenor and offering the same maturing amount for the 364-day tenor which also indicated that they needed to borrow more from the market than previous auctions but banks that were not skillful enough in Treasury Bills failed to seize that opportunity to increase their bid rate and at the end of the day, they got the low bids they asked for while the discerning ones got close to the stop rates.

That's why it's always better to go with the banks that mostly get their bids close to CBN stop rates like Stambic, First Bank and GTB.

while some banks got their bids through at about 10.8%-11.5%, the descerning ones got theirs at between 12.5 & the stop rate of 13% for the 364-day tenor and some customers who do not understand think that they were short changed grin grin grin

See the attachment below:

Can you imagine that CBN offered just N33.38billion 2weeks ago and over N200billion last Wednesday.

That was enough for any good, skillful and descerning investor to predict that the stop rates would go up significantly but many of them don't possess skilful market players.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2018
TONY56:

Can you imagine that CBN offered just N33.38billion 2weeks ago and over N200billion last Wednesday.

That was enough for any good, skillful and descerning investor to predict that the stop rates would go up significantly but many of them don't possess skilful market players.
Its seems CBN are really desperate this time...!!!!
I din't have the deep understanding that the rates will spike up despite the signs...!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amiibaby(f): 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
Barrytone:

likely 11% which is 110000 then the charges which left you with 109896.45. just ask for your certificate from the bank, then and there it will become clearer
thank u
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Its seems CBN are really desperate this time...!!!!
I din't have the deep understanding that the rates will spike up despite the signs...!!

More money for those who can read in between the line. For me another money making season is loading why waiting to sight bonanza at the other side.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 5:17am On Sep 02, 2018
Na waooo So no one can guide me on secondary market bidding! I want to know if I can go for d secondary market tomorrow??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 02, 2018
Moses247:
Na waooo So no one can guide me on secondary market bidding! I want to know if I can go for d secondary market tomorrow??

Reason nobody is answering is because they have answered same question over and over. Do your self a favour by reading previous pages.
Let's learn to read and not to be spoon fed. Everything about TBills have been discussed here previously. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:18am On Sep 02, 2018
Moses247:

Lazy youth........ grin grin grin

Sorry .....nah joke I dey.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NobodyKnows(m): 7:36am On Sep 02, 2018
Barrytone:

Reason nobody is answering is because they have answered same question over and over. Do your self a favour by reading previous pages.
Let's learn to read and not to be spoon fed. Everything about TBills have been discussed here previously. Thanks
Na God go bless you.
Anyone that is finding it so difficult to go through a few pages should go make enquiries from his or her bank .
That guy you quoted especially.
I was giving a response to one of his questions the other time. With evidence.
And dude was still saying another thing .
Mtchww

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2018
Barrytone:

Oga this thread has over 550pages.....where do I start frm?? d time u used in replying me is the same time u would have used to solve the equation. wisdom is profitable Mr reader.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2018
NobodyKnows:
Na God go bless you.
Anyone that is finding it so difficult to go through a few pages should go make enquiries from his or her bank .
That guy you quoted especially.
I was giving a response to one of his questions the other time. With evidence.
And dude was still saying another thing .
Mtchww
park well Mr man. someone here also attest to the fact he was told the least amount for Tb is 1m in first bank .....so what are u now trying to prove like u are rite, others don't??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (2243) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Mills55, tarboshi(m), dacool1(m), Ololade1999 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.